Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

in a town like mine, it's hard to tell where upper middle class ends and rich begins

like in my neighborhood alone, you'll have people who make half a million a year saying they're "only" middle class. middle class compared to what, the people who own estates with gates and private tennis courts in the hills?

keeping up with the joneses is backed up by studies by this point afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

its why corrective social policy for wealth accumulation is necessary because once people start getting rich enough it kind of breaks their brains

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Jagchosis posted:

started Panty & Stocking with Garter Belt. it's great juvenile humor

It was alright, but honestly a little bit too puerile for me to get into. The jokes are kind of one note.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

in a town like mine, it's hard to tell where upper middle class ends and rich begins

like in my neighborhood alone, you'll have people who make half a million a year saying they're "only" middle class. middle class compared to what, the people who own estates with gates and private tennis courts in the hills?

yes, that's my exact definition of rich :smuggo:

for real though, she sounds like she was 40-50, kids in HS/College, in a loveless marriage or her husband left her for a new model and doesn't want to admit that she's a waste of a human life so she takes it out on anyone she can to feel superior to them

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i can't stand people who go out of their way to treat service workers like poo poo

it owns now that i'm a professional and i take service calls instead of manning a help desk

i've had a couple people try and get froggy with me and buck like i'm making minimum wage and they're lord customer. read the contract douche dial-a-tech is a privilige not a right, email our support queue and we'll deal with your ticket no later than (yeah right) two weeks from now have a nice day click

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you basically need to curb wealth accumulation because cognitive dissonance is a strong natural human response

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i can't stand people who go out of their way to treat service workers like poo poo

also, this for real

my wife and i go out of our way to report great service to people managers to counter that poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

What're you drinking? Tell me so I can mock you.

Heungling

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Exclamation Marx posted:

aww evilweasel didn't take my advice and give zeit a month as a goodbye

8000 posts too late but

:dogbutton:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it owns now that i'm a professional and i take service calls instead of manning a help desk

i've had a couple people try and get froggy with me and buck like i'm making minimum wage and they're lord customer. read the contract douche dial-a-tech is a privilige not a right, email our support queue and we'll deal with your ticket no later than (yeah right) two weeks from now have a nice day click

on some level this is one advantage of smoking because IT always are smokers without fail so anytime I land at a new org they're the first people i get tight with so I can actually get poo poo done timely

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSgk78IfNM

Zeitgueist posted:

8000 posts too late but

nice namesearch

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm tali zorah irl

i doubt you have the hips

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

As a West Coaster, I've only had Yeungling once. It was passable, but not good. Kind of like a Heineken.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

never, too many hits :smugdog:

what actually happened is you posted that shortly after last time i read the thread and i scanned the page where i left off before going to the end

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yeungling is great

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Venom Snake posted:

:catstare:

:staredog:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
i bought Buffalo Trace b/c someone said it was good in this thread and i can confirm this

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
there was this guy once who was so frickin steamed he called me up angry and blew up when i referred to him as "man" so i said if he didn't settle down i'd hang up, and he didn't, so i did. he kept calling back and my coworker who is the only other person who picks up that number asked if he should pick it up, and i was like lol no that dude needs to chill. then that dude started angrily searching through our phone tree and somehow he called our president and well a couple days later all of us got a very long and very sincere sounding apology

it took me a minute to realize that i was too well paid to put up with that kind of poo poo from angry people, and my shirt didn't have my name on it, which is a pretty hosed up dynamic in our society

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Zeitgueist posted:

never, too many hits :smugdog:

what actually happened is you posted that shortly after last time i read the thread and i scanned the page where i left off before going to the end

190 pages in 4 days, cool.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Berke Negri posted:

yeungling is great

i was just in canada and had some sleeman and steam whistle

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i approach any org's IT like bar staff

don't gently caress around, be up front, and play by their rules because that's the true bottleneck

a good deal of up front respect saves you a lot of trouble down the line

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

miranda and blueberry are poo poo tier, Tali is for true patricians

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Venom Snake posted:

God I wish

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

i approach any org's IT like bar staff

don't gently caress around, be up front, and play by their rules because that's the true bottleneck

a good deal of up front respect saves you a lot of trouble down the line

for some reason beyond my comprehension i ended up as our sysadmin, and my first act upon setting up the new systems at our big boy office was to name all of our networks after wu tang clan

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

how's the sweat taste

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

for some reason beyond my comprehension i ended up as our sysadmin, and my first act upon setting up the new systems at our big boy office was to name all of our networks after wu tang clan

the guidelines i just laid out are also why i follow those rules because 9/10 you're dealing with some goony weirdo

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

owns

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

nice

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i told the sales team that our low-fi wireless is short for Reserved Z-Spectrum Array and the hi-fi is the Generous Z-Spectrum Array

most of them believed it, and the ones who got it were cool enough to stay quiet

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Alright here's the thought I was originally going to post. The Tali romance is creepy and has all the vibes of a middle aged dude hooking up with an impressionable teenager who sees him as a role model. It's bad.

Shepard and Wrex OTP

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
drat now I miss ghostface, my estranged experimental betta fish

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It was alright, but honestly a little bit too puerile for me to get into. The jokes are kind of one note.

i just watched the sperm/saving private ryan episode and it was pretty great, but i like puerile humor in general. it might work better in the dub, i havent watched it in japanese yet

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zeitgueist posted:

8000 posts too late but

Heeey! It's been ages! How're you doing?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

also as a project lead i am very deft in what is thrown in IT's face for "what needs to be done" and what I actually push them to do

like recently in a manager meeting it was put in my authority in front of the IT head out of the blue cant you just rewrite all our form letters for the software system we are retiring in three months and i just give a look at the IT "oh sure yeah"

that is mysteriously absent from the task list

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Alright here's the thought I was originally going to post. The Tali romance is creepy and has all the vibes of a middle aged dude hooking up with an impressionable teenager who sees him as a role model. It's bad.

Shepard and Wrex OTP

Its the same thing with the Liara T'soni romance

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Shepard and Wrex OTP

I made Tali throw herself off a cliff. Is that counterrevolutionary?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sinnlos posted:

Its the same thing with the Liara T'soni romance

the weird nerds at bioware writing creepy sex fantasies isn't really surprising imo

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Right now I am drinking a Belgian Farmhouse from goose island called Lolita. I already killed the buffalo trace and a bottle of wine plus the unholy rumchata and kahlua mixed drink.

Strange Beasts was a good wine and I'm real sad I don't have a second bottle to hold on to.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i wish that in one of the bioware games you'd get about like 3/4 through a romance subplot with some character and then they brutally shoot the PC down because the timing is terrible and really we should all be focusing on our main mission, saving the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Sinnlos posted:

Right now I am drinking a Belgian Farmhouse from goose island called Lolita.

Haha, the spirit of MIGF lives on.

• Locked thread