Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

D for FREEDOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
B, because I really really want to see Skye actually join up with the crazy cobras and watch the rest of the IS poo poo bricks.

That would be amaaazingggg.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

B: Let's make things interesting.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Going to vote for C

All of these sound like fun options but seeing how Waterly fucks this up all crazy like would probably produce the most entertaining results.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
D, Becaude who doesn't like the FWL?

Oh yeah, the writers.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
B, as in clearly the best option.

Hail Caesar.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

B

#CiroWasRight

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
B, because there is no way in hell anyone will trust Comstar.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

Secret Move Activated: Mukai will, as befits the new status of his PC, not use any contractions for the remainder of this thread. If you see him lapsing into lazy speech, correct him as gently or as caustically as you like.

That's some serious commitment. I could never do something like that because I already live the Steiner lifestyle.

Anyway, as the thread's foremost scholar of House Steiner in general and General of the Armies Caesar Steiner, Grand Duke of Furillo, I believe B is exactly the play he would make. Anything less makes no sense because Caesar always believes in himself. In 3066 he came out of exile in the SLDF because he believed he could end the fighting on Giausar with just his words, so why wouldn't he do the same here?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 23, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Picard Day posted:

Going to vote for C

All of these sound like fun options but seeing how Waterly fucks this up all crazy like would probably produce the most entertaining results.

Is choice C just B but with Waterly doing the convincing instead of Caesar? Or am I missing something between the two?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I want B because then we can watch the congenital traitors in Skye show the clans just what an inbred hellhole Inner Sphere politics really are. Within a month of exposure to that contagion, the Clans will make the FWL look like a marginally functional state.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting B for maximum Caesar.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Gotta vote B here

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Voting B

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
A vote for B is a vote for fun!

tofuwizard
Feb 22, 2013
B Let's see if there is a return of 'Steiner rules' !

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

B, because I want to see Skye go "You traitor!" to Caeser and the start hemming and hawing when he asks how the Lyran Commonwealth's doing.

Also, that update was great - I really liked the ending to Chatham, it conveyed the knock-down drag-out nature of the fight and it boosts a worthy Warlord at the expense of traditionalist shitlords. I hope Hanse raises up all the coolest Draconis Suns characters and they learn a lesson about The Power Of Teamwork.

Congrats to Sergeant Ramsay, Tai-i Tsubaki, Leftenant Rybar and any other survivors!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Okay, so the Widowmakers have gone full Turtle Bay and plan to burn Terra to the ground rather than claim it for themselves. Hurrah for Clan atrocities!

Anyway, I'm going for B because, as others have said, it'll be hilarious and an amazing setup for a double-cross.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

B because it sounds like it will be glorious.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
DI think the FWL's problems will all be solved if they add another stubborn and intractable voice is added to their government.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Is ComStar and the clans (okay, only some of the clans) actually going to be the good guys (tm) here somehow, or is this all just maximum awesome?

I don't understand battletech, except for .

E: Wait Caesar is a Steiner so it really is maximum awesome!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't trust Darth Myndo in any timeline. It's just a question of how competent she is.

What I do trust is the thread's judgment on the vote.

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012
C. The argument here makes sense to me with my limited knowledge of B-Tech lore, why would Skye trust Caesar? Involving Comstar in this seems like it would also strengthen the ties between them and the Clans. Anything to bring about The Grand Return of the Star League.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Teledahn posted:

Is ComStar and the clans (okay, only some of the clans) actually going to be the good guys (tm) here somehow, or is this all just maximum awesome?

I don't understand battletech, except for .

E: Wait Caesar is a Steiner so it really is maximum awesome!

Myndo Waterly is one of those people who thinks they're super-devious, but are actually incredibly predictable and get played by actual devious people constantly. OTL, as Precenter Dieron she fell for pretty much everything Hanse Davion pulled and was instrumental in his successes during the 4th Succession War, but she managed to make it look like it was all Primus Tiepolo's fault and took his jerb after provoking him into an aneurysm. In the 3050 era as Primus, she tried to pull some more shenanigans but was completely oblivious that the new Precentor Dieron was stabbing her in the back, leading to Comstar's power being broken and yet another Precenter Dieron becoming Primus after betraying their predecessor.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B, B, for the love of Kerensky, B! Task Force Serpent just a few jumps from Terra, Steiners without the Social Generals, IS-Clan cooperation, Pissing off the Widowmakers, and a chance to win over an entire sector with a minimum expenditure of resources? Maximum smug snake.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
B

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

AJ_Impy posted:

B, B, for the love of Kerensky, B! Task Force Serpent just a few jumps from Terra, Steiners without the Social Generals, IS-Clan cooperation, Pissing off the Widowmakers, and a chance to win over an entire sector with a minimum expenditure of resources? Maximum smug snake.

Should make a smug Steel Viper emoticon if B wins.

I'm a dirty loyalist of clan purpleburd though, so my hat's for D. :shobon:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

B is best mecha-choice

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm going to second the request for someone with the knowhow about this vote to actually explain it. I understand who the people are, mostly, but I'm really lost on the implications of each choice.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

D feels like it would be setting the FWL up to fail hard by adding another giant clusterfuck to their plate. A is business as usual and would be a minor setback to Comstar and their would-be Clan allies. B sounds like a glorious trainwreck that all but throws Terra into the hands of Taskforce Serpent and will ensure there isn't a pair of clean shorts in the Inner Sphere. C is similar but hinges on whether the galaxy's biggest failure at scheming and diplomacy in the regular setting is competent in this one, expect it to backfire horribly.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'd want a more powerful FWL but I'm not sure voting D is the right way for that to happen because it means fighting more clanners. So I'm going to vote B to gently caress over the widowmakers.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

B.

More Caesar Steiner is never a bad thing, for entertainment purposes.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

D feels like it would be setting the FWL up to fail hard by adding another giant clusterfuck to their plate. A is business as usual and would be a minor setback to Comstar and their would-be Clan allies. B sounds like a glorious trainwreck that all but throws Terra into the hands of Taskforce Serpent and will ensure there isn't a pair of clean shorts in the Inner Sphere. C is similar but hinges on whether the galaxy's biggest failure at scheming and diplomacy in the regular setting is competent in this one, expect it to backfire horribly.

Thanks for this. In light of these explanations, and my desire to see the IS poo poo its collective pants, B is the vote. Let's see what happens if a clan makes it (almost?) to Terra.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

B, B....my kingdom (I hold a modest estate in Skye) for a B!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
How can it be anything but B? Go speed vipers go!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

B

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Oh yeah definitely B

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lenisto posted:

C. The argument here makes sense to me with my limited knowledge of B-Tech lore, why would Skye trust Caesar? Involving Comstar in this seems like it would also strengthen the ties between them and the Clans. Anything to bring about The Grand Return of the Star League.

Caesar's mother, Grand Duchess Iris Steiner, is ruler of one of the most important worlds in the Duchy of Skye. His return means that on Iris' death, the world doesn't fall into the hands of a Steiner from the Lyran Commonwealth. Also there's a BattleMech named after the guy. All reasons they'd welcome him back with open arms.

Meanwhile, distrust and disdain has been the guiding characteristic of relations between ComStar and the Lyran people. Lyrans have a strong disdain for ComStar's techno-mystic bullshit, a combination of the highest average level of education in the Inner Sphere and the love that usurper Archon Margaret Nin had for crystals and fortunetellers. ComStar is respected in the LC for their business acumen, but not much else.

• Locked thread