Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Lima posted:

Planetside: The Medkit Removal haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
God what I would give to remove medkits from the game.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Make medkits only available through daybreak bux. Instant profit.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
resto kits only

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

As always, I'll be streaming the serversmash from my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/unclean009/

There's a 5 min delay on the stream so keep that in mind. Begins at 4pm EST

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Someone post the link to the live stats when they start up pleaaseeeee

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is there anywhere that has a tracker for smashes like ps2alerts has for alerts?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Haha we got Waterson's, the #1 key step to Operation: Cock Block. Go goons go, touch that warpgate, I believe in you!

fknlo posted:

Is there anywhere that has a tracker for smashes like ps2alerts has for alerts?

http://planetsidebattles.org/match/39

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thanks! I looked for it but couldn't find it there. Miller getting loving wrecked. Go for 70%!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fknlo posted:

Thanks! I looked for it but couldn't find it there. Miller getting loving wrecked. Go for 70%!

I consider Miller to be the 2nd best team this season

This Esamir map is just horrifically brutally unfair to the SW warpgate

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I consider Miller to be the 2nd best team this season

This Esamir map is just horrifically brutally unfair to the SW warpgate

Agree. They got a 3 point amp station, we got a freaking biolab.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

honda whisperer posted:

Agree. They got a 3 point amp station, we got a freaking biolab.

TWO biolabs, even. Only way to avoid them? Pushing through Saerro, which is simply untakeable

No joke, when pizza first posted this map I thought it was a joke map.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
[BEST] squad did our duty. 170 combined A2A kills with 7 people, and almost constant uptime. We had already killed a dozen Gals in the first 20 minutes or so. Roaming anti-gal gank squad is a really good strategy.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

TWO biolabs, even. Only way to avoid them? Pushing through Saerro, which is simply untakeable

No joke, when pizza first posted this map I thought it was a joke map.

:laffo:

Who decided on that loving map?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Miller is scary, they play just like we do. On a neutral map they're going to give us a real big problem. If they had not gone so MAX crazy in the first 30 minutes they would've have run out of steam so quick

Horizontal Tree posted:

[BEST] squad did our duty. 170 combined A2A kills with 7 people, and almost constant uptime. We had already killed a dozen Gals in the first 20 minutes or so. Roaming anti-gal gank squad is a really good strategy.

What did you use to take the Gals out like that? Hornets combined with a Needler?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Marauder is still the loving bees knees.

I didn't see a single Canister Harasser. They deserved to lose.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fknlo posted:

:laffo:

Who decided on that loving map?

Take 30 seconds to really study this, and put yourself in the place of a platoon lead or force command who must decide on how to make progress, even considering Miller's strong start

The SS admins afaik.

I voted to not use it because it's just so rough.

Fans posted:

The Marauder is still the loving bees knees.

I didn't see a single Canister Harasser. They deserved to lose.

C85-H kills: 16
Marauder-H kills: 210

Vulcan-H kills: 98
Enforcer-H kills: 52

:stare:

edit 2 - WHY DID THEY NEVER DESTROY THE EISA MAIN BASE VEHICLE TERMS

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 23, 2015

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

What did you use to take the Gals out like that? Hornets combined with a Needler?

100% Needlers. I think one guy had a Locust for part of the match. I didn't pull a Rotary until the last ten minutes when it was just cleaning up between Freyr and Snowshear

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Take 30 seconds to really study this, and put yourself in the place of a platoon lead or force command who must decide on how to make progress, even considering Miller's strong start

The SS admins afaik.

I voted to not use it because it's just so rough.

C85-H kills: 16
Marauder-H kills: 210

Vulcan-H kills: 98
Enforcer-H kills: 52

:stare:

edit 2 - WHY DID THEY NEVER DESTROY THE EISA MAIN BASE VEHICLE TERMS

Hahaha who the gently caress designed that map? here ya go 3 of the strongest defense points out of 4 on the entire cont. All bio labs and towers should be pushed in with atleast 2 lanes bypassing them because thats some stupid poo poo right there.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That Eisa cap lol, maybe we'll get Pounders nerfed the same way we got AV nades. Whoever organized the Pounder MAXes lining the stairways and just mutilating every ScatterMAX that touched the stairs is a war criminal

Only an hour into the recap now but jesus, Miller's #1 issue I think is they just went SUPER RESOURCE HEAVY super early. You can't do that.

Arghy posted:

Hahaha who the gently caress designed that map? here ya go 3 of the strongest defense points out of 4 on the entire cont. All bio labs and towers should be pushed in with atleast 2 lanes bypassing them because thats some stupid poo poo right there.

With their strongest defensive base being 4-5 links back, and ALL of ours being 1 link back from the front? Absurd

Horizontal Tree posted:

100% Needlers. I think one guy had a Locust for part of the match. I didn't pull a Rotary until the last ten minutes when it was just cleaning up between Freyr and Snowshear

Oh god, how awful must it be getting hit 200-300+ times by Needlers as you're getting repped by other gals. PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

The SS admins afaik.

Yeah, that's a really stupid map to start with. There has to be a better way to do that. Outside of the whole thing where they need to redesign the bases and lattices of course.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Its freyr loving everything up because it has a ton of stupid small bases other wise the other side should have started with mani.

The best poo poo is they dont even have enough map designers to fix this atm.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Its freyr loving everything up because it has a ton of stupid small bases other wise the other side should have started with mani.

The best poo poo is they dont even have enough map designers to fix this atm.

Naw, our Amp had just as many little satellites. The main thing was they didn't want their line starting within a base or two of our warpgate, either because they feel like it'd be an unfair advantage or because they feel like it'd be free territory for us.

I was kind of hoping they'd do NW and SW warpgates, that'd be interesting as hell and look at all the bases in the middle ground between the two? It'd be extremely unlikely to be steamrolled at least

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

I was kind of hoping they'd do NW and SW warpgates, that'd be interesting as hell and look at all the bases in the middle ground between the two? It'd be extremely unlikely to be steamrolled at least

This would probably be the best option. Have Andvari, Eisa, and Saerro as neutral? Imagine the bloodbath.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

fknlo posted:

So close to first place :negative:

Probably would have had it if I didn't gently caress around for 10-15 minutes on the redeploy screen trying to find good fights. If the Vandal isn't my favorite gun it's right up there. Lots of fun to use.

Vandal is soooo good. I love throwing EMPs at a busy Sundy or hillside and then get big multi kills in one magazine.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Millol I know, but this was a pretty fun comeback :v:
http://ps2alerts.com/Alert/7426

Thought we (NC) were still hopeless behind until the last few minutes of the alert.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

So, given that lumifiber is at a sane price but bulldogs/walkers got hiked up... what is the best loadout for a dedicated goomba-stomp Galaxy? High-G + Stealth?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

I decided to hop back onto this game after a while off, and... they've deleted my characters? Is there something I can do about this, or did this POS company just delete everything I've done in the game?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Wapole Languray posted:

I decided to hop back onto this game after a while off, and... they've deleted my characters? Is there something I can do about this, or did this POS company just delete everything I've done in the game?

If you're in the EU they moved your characters over to a different system and the window to transfer is over so you done gonna have to start over.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Fans posted:

If you're in the EU they moved your characters over to a different system and the window to transfer is over so you done gonna have to start over.

I'm in Eagleland, but seriously? I didn't even know there was a transfer.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If you're in the US they may just be doing a quick patch, which shows up as all characters gone. They should come back soon.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Don't believe Fans, they deleted your characters and you'll have to rebuy everything on them!

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 26, 2015

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

NihilCredo posted:

So, given that lumifiber is at a sane price but bulldogs/walkers got hiked up... what is the best loadout for a dedicated goomba-stomp Galaxy? High-G + Stealth?

I love how to justify the price hike of the vehicle bundles they added in lumifiber and a 3 or 7 day booster.

I doubt stealth is worth it on a Galaxy since even in a game where nobody looks up they are hard to miss. I'm a fan of racer on mine so I can get in and out, and also because I usually pull from the warpgate so I can come in from an unexpected direction and the fight would be over without racer.

Westy543 posted:

Don't believe Fans, they deleted your characters and you'll have to rebuy everything on them!

But the good news is you get 100 certs per level for the first fifteen levels now!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Finally hit BR100 tonight :toot:

Now I just need to finish up the scout rifle directive so I can make a post on reddit asking why I can't use the reward on my infiltrator!

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Just finished updating and while Im late to the party HOLY poo poo does it ever run smoother now. Went from barebones low specs on my laptop to a comfy medium without ever breaking 30fps, which it couldnt manage before :drat:

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Hmm, maybe my new 980 and 4690k can handle max settings even in semi big battles.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Multi purpose battle/drop gal:

High G
Nanite auto repair
Fire suppression
2x walkers 2x bulldogs

Works for pretty much anything. Best certs all around.

If you have friends with gals or want more xp, roll in a repair gal, slightly modified:

High G
Proximity repair
Fire suppression
2x walkers and either 2x bulldogs, 2x drakes, or 1 drake and 1 bulldog.

The split drake/bulldog setup is really fun- bulldog for blopping infantry and the drake works well on all vehicles and gives you a stronger anti air option. You get to be like an AC130 that also shoots planes and poops out infantry while tanking most damage taken or something.

Composite and stealth are sort of viable, but are too specialized or plain outclassed by NAR or prox repair right now.

Also the Galaxy meta is in full swing right now- 2 rep gals plus a couple of gunners can have a ton of fun. At small fights you'll dominate, and in large fights you can still kill things thanks to a massive HP pool. Plus formation flying to keep the reps going. :rock: :hellyeah:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

AuxiliaryPatroller posted:

Multi purpose battle/drop gal:

High G
Nanite auto repair
Fire suppression
2x walkers 2x bulldogs

Works for pretty much anything. Best certs all around.

If you have friends with gals or want more xp, roll in a repair gal, slightly modified:

High G
Proximity repair
Fire suppression
2x walkers and either 2x bulldogs, 2x drakes, or 1 drake and 1 bulldog.

The split drake/bulldog setup is really fun- bulldog for blopping infantry and the drake works well on all vehicles and gives you a stronger anti air option. You get to be like an AC130 that also shoots planes and poops out infantry while tanking most damage taken or something.

Composite and stealth are sort of viable, but are too specialized or plain outclassed by NAR or prox repair right now.

Also the Galaxy meta is in full swing right now- 2 rep gals plus a couple of gunners can have a ton of fun. At small fights you'll dominate, and in large fights you can still kill things thanks to a massive HP pool. Plus formation flying to keep the reps going. :rock: :hellyeah:

Those bastion laps. Formation flying 4lyfe!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They should just get rid of the libs AI belly guns and add a galaxy gunship thats nothing but 2 bulldogs, 1 CAS and 1 AI turret on one side. Make the lib a dedicated anti vehicle gunship, increase the shredders traverse, make the dalton do AP damage and the zeph basically be the HEAT round. Imagine stepping out of a spawn room looking at this wall of explosions and death in front of you and looking up to see a shiny galaxy with muzzle flashes covering 1 side with a gentle whale song in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Gunships are boring. I want a galaxy that drops a parachute guided MOAB.

i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-YxWkRxk

• Locked thread