Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bull3964 posted:

Here's one thing I don't fully understand either. Didn't Cain retain the mark after he gave it to Dean? I could have sworn it was more of a copy than a transfer.

I mean, if it's the case that all the marks are linked and you can't destroy one without destroying them all, I can accept that, but that part seemed a little muddy.

That was the only part I didn't get. Kain still has the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He did, but apparently if you get killed with the 1st blade you get decapitated for realsies and don't get to come back.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well it's not like Cain could have come back as a double demon.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If the show continued on....

Sam: "You don't understand Cas, I have to save my brother from TIME! He is getting older! The first thing I need is to slaughter 30 infants and harvest their fear.

Cas appears with 30 infants and a knife: "This seems wrong."

Sam glares and chokes up: "He's my brother! We can't just let him get old! Not after everything!"

Cas: Alllright. *begins slaughtering infants*

... poo poo I think I just gave them a free scene

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Blazing Ownager posted:

If the show continued on....

Sam: "You don't understand Cas, I have to save my brother from TIME! He is getting older! The first thing I need is to slaughter 30 infants and harvest their fear.

Cas appears with 30 infants and a knife: "This seems wrong."

Sam glares and chokes up: "He's my brother! We can't just let him get old! Not after everything!"

Cas: Alllright. *begins slaughtering infants*

... poo poo I think I just gave them a free scene

Dean is out drinking with Crowley

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

bull3964 posted:

Can't be sure, but I'm going to go with "It was the mark."

Death said the mark became self aware. Since it was the lock against the darkness and it knew Sam was working to remove it, it influenced Dean to remove Death from the playing field so it could b unlocked.

Dean was only able to kill Death because Death gave him the scythe for absolutely no reason at all. Dean and Sam didn't even question why Death handed it over, instead of letting Dean kill Sam however he wanted. It's like Dean knew Death was going to give him the scythe even though it just appeared off screen in Death's hands seconds before handing it over.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 21, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Death did hold a grudge against Sam for something. Death being petty seems pretty in character for him.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Supernatural's, Dean Winchester, struggles with the affects of bearing the Mark of Cain. Until Sam and Castiel find a cure, Dean has no other choice but to just "Shake It Off"!

Worth it for Timothy Omundson dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCZy8cAgBlM

Saveron_01 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 22, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Shroomie posted:

I really hope The Darkness isn't just Leviathans 2.0 but it's totally going to be.

Still don't like Rowena and I'm sad she will likely be integral to next season.

I have a really, really bad feeling that "The Darkness" at the end was actually Rowena and a shitton of demons that she's able to command due to transferring The Mark to herself. Her power-up escape just kinda came suspiciously close to Dean losing The Mark.

If it is actually The Darkness, then jesus christ, Winchesters, you literally broke the universe through the power of selfishness and poor communication skills. If Dean had just said "HEY HOLD OFF ON REMOVING THE MARK I'M SERIOUS" before leaving, it would at least be Sam's fault if Spell Team 6 back home kept going.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Death did hold a grudge against Sam for something. Death being petty seems pretty in character for him.

Sam blueballed him in the opener for Season 9 I think.

When he had the meeting with him and was all "Make sure no one can bring me back" and fake Dean talked him into being a host for Gadriel.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Plotac 75 posted:

Lucifer should be free from the taint now.

That would actually be pretty interesting, seeing Lucifer suddenly as a not evil character.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Gordon Shumway posted:

That would actually be pretty interesting, seeing Lucifer suddenly as a not evil character.

Good and evil team up to fight "THE DARKNESS" (while Rowena tried to cut a deal with THE DARKNESS)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gordon Shumway posted:

If it means more Mark Pellegrino, I'm in.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I thought the Rowena power up was due to her now having full access to the book of the dead as per her and Sams deal and getting some type of power from it.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

If it means more Mark Pellegrino, I'm in.

He was the only good thing about Tomorrow People. I could watch him chew scenery all day. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Astroman posted:

He was the only good thing about Tomorrow People. I could watch him chew scenery all day. :allears:

I want to see Mark Pellegrino and Mark Sheppard try to out scenery-chew each other.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Saveron_01 posted:

Supernatural's, Dean Winchester, struggles with the affects of bearing the Mark of Cain. Until Sam and Castiel find a cure, Dean has no other choice but to just "Shake It Off"!

That was pretty great. Lots of cameos.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It took me a minute to recognize Henry.

I think my friend said it best when he said Cain dances like a 6000 year old white dude.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
Tran does a great job mimicking Sam's facial expressions and did a good job with the Amy Wong getup. :)

Barack HUSSEIN fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 22, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Saveron_01 posted:

That was pretty great. Thank you for sharing that.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Angela Christine posted:

That was pretty great. Lots of cameos.

Who was the guy with the abs? I didn't recognize everyone

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Hah, that video is incredible. I'm just a little sad there were no Beaver or Sheppard appearances.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bunnita posted:

Who was the guy with the abs? I didn't recognize everyone

You mean the young Daddy Winchester?

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Some Numbers posted:

You mean the young Daddy Winchester?

Possibly. I've seen every episode as it aired but I still didn't recognize a lot of the actors. Maybe all CW hot white guys with abs look the same to me.

I went back, I didn't recognize the third and fourth guys, the trio and the shirtless guy.

Bunnita fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 22, 2015

az
Dec 2, 2005

Meh, the ending of the episode seemed like they really wrote themselves into a corner where Sam was about to be killed and they said, nope, can't have that. What should we do, hit backspace a bit and rewrite the plot for a more suitable ending? gently caress it, just make him scythe Death for no good reason, what could be the harm in that. Where's my paycheck.

edit: I just watched that video and it has now replaced all memory of the last episode. That was a far better end to the season than anything else.

az fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 22, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ultramiraculous posted:

Winchesters, you literally broke the universe through the power of selfishness and poor communication skills.

And we have next season's headline.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music

Bunnita posted:

I went back, I didn't recognize the third and fourth guys, the trio and the shirtless guy.

I think the third guy is their half-brother? Don't know about the fourth. Maybe the trio are Ghost Facers?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Third guy is the angel from the fast food restaurant, Alfie or something?

Shirtless guy is the young John Winchester from the time travel episodes and the first mouth of Michael.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Third guy is the angel from the fast food restaurant, Alfie or something?

Shirtless guy is the young John Winchester from the time travel episodes and the first mouth of Michael.

And hair-blown Caine was Rob Benedict (Chuck)

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

az posted:

Meh, the ending of the episode seemed like they really wrote themselves into a corner where Sam was about to be killed and they said, nope, can't have that. What should we do, hit backspace a bit and rewrite the plot for a more suitable ending? gently caress it, just make him scythe Death for no good reason, what could be the harm in that. Where's my paycheck.

edit: I just watched that video and it has now replaced all memory of the last episode. That was a far better end to the season than anything else.

I think they wanted Dean to kill Death, but it wasn't until they were shooting the scene somebody remembered Death can't die by Dean shooting him or cutting off his head. They couldn't get the original scythe because it was buried in a prop house somewhere, so they had to use a scythe they found at a novelty store. They had already shot the other scenes before they realized they screwed up and somebody else had rented the place for a birthday party so they couldn't reshoot anything, which is why the scythe isn't seen or mentioned until it's suddenly in Death's hands.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I assumed the scythe was like a Highlander sword. They just appear when the plot demands it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I mean, do people really have trouble accepting that Death can magically conjure his magic scythe? Seems like a given.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm just slightly pissed that I clicked on this thread days ago, and the absolute first post was "so dean kills death?" That's entirely my own fault, but goddamn did it screw up an entire episode. A season finale episode.

In any case, I still felt like "death" actually likes dean, so handing him the scythe wasn't that big a deal, it just made no sense in the entire storyline for Dean to turn around and kill him. His crappy choice was actually better. Death is older than God. Death is older than the devil. Death is older than the earth. So now, despite the "darkness"- does nobody die? Don't the reapers report to death? He's been the "coolest" ultra super power in the show so far. He's basically been the ULTIMATE POWER In many seasons of power creep. Even the invisible God has less power.

I have no idea what they intend to do next... If they keep it smart and everyone uses all their 10 years of knowledge it will be fun, otherwise it will go stupid really fast.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I would laugh until I peed a little if the cloud covering everything is literal darkness and the first episode of next season is just them bumping around in the dark with the screen completely black.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Yaos posted:

I think they wanted Dean to kill Death, but it wasn't until they were shooting the scene somebody remembered Death can't die by Dean shooting him or cutting off his head. They couldn't get the original scythe because it was buried in a prop house somewhere, so they had to use a scythe they found at a novelty store. They had already shot the other scenes before they realized they screwed up and somebody else had rented the place for a birthday party so they couldn't reshoot anything, which is why the scythe isn't seen or mentioned until it's suddenly in Death's hands.

It does seem like they had another plan, probably Dean using the first blade, then it got switched to the scythe for whatever reason.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DoggPickle posted:

In any case, I still felt like "death" actually likes dean, so handing him the scythe wasn't that big a deal, it just made no sense in the entire storyline for Dean to turn around and kill him.

The dumbest loving thing in the episode, which had it's share of dumb things.

Again I'm OK with characters dying*, even ones I like. But not when the reaction they get isn't "OH poo poo!" and instead "...Wha... What the gently caress?"

* Not every single supporting character on the whole show though, which seems to be the goal

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I assumed the scythe was like a Highlander sword. They just appear when the plot demands it.

Unless you're counting awful sequels Highlander always put in a plausible on-screen place for a sword to come from I think, why half of them wear ridiculous overcoats.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Blazing Ownager posted:

Unless you're counting awful sequels Highlander always put in a plausible on-screen place for a sword to come from I think, why half of them wear ridiculous overcoats.

You should see the outtakes from the show. They are handed the sword from a tech before they reach into their giant trenchcoats.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I think it's actually kind of ambiguous as to whether Death actually died or not. Besides, the scythe seems like the type of thing that would be left behind as an artifact.

Comparing the Darkness to Leviathans reminded me, there are still Leviathans out there (albeit unorganized) so a cool episode would be if they found one and couldn't really kill it but just had to redirect it somewhere else.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

computer parts posted:

I think it's actually kind of ambiguous as to whether Death actually died or not. Besides, the scythe seems like the type of thing that would be left behind as an artifact.

Comparing the Darkness to Leviathans reminded me, there are still Leviathans out there (albeit unorganized) so a cool episode would be if they found one and couldn't really kill it but just had to redirect it somewhere else.

I also wonder if death was trying to get the mark or have it removed by having Dean kill the thing he loves the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

My prediction is that the first episode of next season'll be the guys running up against something that can only be killed with the First Blade. Dean looks at the screen, shrugs and guffaws "well what're the odds??" while a sad trombone plays