Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thread just went up to a 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

10/10 would toke again.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hi thread, I made you a 420 present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmmZnoPOlI

Hate to double post but I was giddy to share with everyone.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I wonder what DBZ would be like as a stoner flick.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mycot posted:

I wonder what DBZ would be like as a stoner flick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4phkmV3JI

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I stand with Goku

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

AmiYumi posted:

what the gently caress :stonk:

This is a pretty good page 420 post tho

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Never gets old.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What I like is how President Goku was using god ki several years before that film was created.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nessus posted:

What I like is how President Goku was using god ki several years before that film was created.

That's the kaioken dude

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Nessus posted:

Separation of church and state means President Goku could never use god ki until his term was over.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
President Goku's platform was amazing and secured him the election. He defeated every opposing candidate and the entire world army. A landslide victory, if there ever was one. Probably could have been avoided by Gohan better explaining what an election entails.

Edit: It's a missed opportunity, in this world of super martial artists, that the election for office isn't it's own special version of the Tenkachi Budokai.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

Edit: It's a missed opportunity, in this world of super martial artists, that the election for office isn't it's own special version of the Tenkachi Budokai.

This is literally how G Gundam decides which country rules the world, except the martial arts are performed with special giant robots that can also do martial arts.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

This is literally how G Gundam decides which country rules the world, except the martial arts are performed with special giant robots that can also do martial arts.

G Gundam has a pilot who's a martial arts master. He rides a horse.

The horse is also a gundam pilot. Its gundam is also a giant horse.

Sometimes the pilot in his gundam rides the horse's horse gundam into battle.

What I'm saying is G Gundam is loving amazing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Enourmo posted:

G Gundam has a pilot who's a martial arts master. He rides a horse.

The horse is also a gundam pilot. Its gundam is also a giant horse.

Sometimes the pilot in his gundam rides the horse's horse gundam into battle.

What I'm saying is G Gundam is loving amazing.

Let's not forget that some Gundams go Super Saiyan as well!

It is the best show.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Raxivace posted:

Let's not forget that some Gundams go Super Saiyan as well!

It is the best show.

Dear god yes, if any of you haven't seen G Gundam you need to watch it.

Spoilers for G Gundam and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfCq1wMmn4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYAtChwObs

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dexo posted:

Dear god yes, if any of you haven't seen G Gundam you need to watch it.

Spoilers for G Gundam and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfCq1wMmn4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYAtChwObs

Not many shows could properly harness the campy overacting style of the US dub industry of the 90's. Many collapsed under the weight. But G Gundam was the perfect fit, and was instead rocketed to new heights by its American localization.

quote:

This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My love, my anger, and ALL MY SORROW! SHINING FINGER SWORD! GO! GO! GO!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

XboxPants posted:

Not many shows could properly harness the campy overacting style of the US dub industry of the 90's. Many collapsed under the weight. But G Gundam was the perfect fit, and was instead rocketed to new heights by its American localization.

I LOVE YOU..... I WANT TO BE WITH YOU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

THESE HANDS OF OURS ARE BURNING RED THEIR LOUD CRY TELLS US TO GRASP HAPPINESS ERRUPTING BURNING FINGER: SEKIHA TEN-KYO-KEN.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

Dexo posted:

I LOVE YOU..... I WANT TO BE WITH YOU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

THESE HANDS OF OURS ARE BURNING RED THEIR LOUD CRY TELLS US TO GRASP HAPPINESS ERRUPTING BURNING FINGER: SEKIHA LOVE LOVE TEN-KYO-KEN.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hey I'm like 2 pages late on this but "Whis gi" is a hell of an advanced level pun

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I am ashamed of myself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hey I'm like 2 pages late on this but "Whis gi" is a hell of an advanced level pun

If Akira planned this, he deserves a medal.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I wish that more anime were as batshit insane as G Gundam. The Canadian gundam is a lumberjack robot, that's seriously the best.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Testekill posted:

I wish that more anime were as batshit insane as G Gundam. The Canadian gundam is a lumberjack robot, that's seriously the best.

America Gundam is a Surfing Cowboy Football Boxer.

As it should be.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 24, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The windmill Gundam makes it to the finals by transforming into a windmill and sitting out the prelims

Squallege fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 24, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

America Gundam is a Surfing Cowboy Football Boxer.

As it should be.

Wasn't the American Gundam in G Gundam a boxer?

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Testekill posted:

The Mexican Gundam has a sombrero as part of its design and is known as "Gundam Tequila."

I loving adore G Gundam. I would 100% watch a crossover where Goku has to become a Gundam Fighter.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

Gundam Maxter flies in on a surfboard, wears football gear (pads and helmet), and has revolvers on its waist.

Then it turns into a boxer like so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevP_MB6O5A&t=254s

I forget what this has to do with DBZ but I think we can all agree both series would greatly benefit from a crossover.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Thank you so much for this.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Covok posted:

I mentioned that after Surfing Cowboy Football.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Whelp. gently caress DBZ, I'm gonna go watch G Gundam now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Captain Q posted:

The Mexican Gundam has a sombrero as part of its design and is known as "Gundam Tequila."

I loving adore G Gundam. I would 100% watch a crossover where Goku has to become a Gundam Fighter.

Goku would just be like Master Asia and beat giant robots with his fists.

In fact, I think Goku and Master Asia would be great friends after they fight once because true manly friendships are born through fists clashing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I dunno, Master Asia still ultimately wants to kill people, even if he does have a (hosed-up) logic behind it.

Team Domon, though? He'd get along with them swimmingly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Enourmo posted:

I dunno, Master Asia still ultimately wants to kill people, even if he does have a (hosed-up) logic behind it.

Team Domon, though? He'd get along with them swimmingly.

Isn't his hosed up logic -- taking it completely from the linked video -- that humans are deplorable beings that only destroy and thus deserve to be destroyed?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

Isn't his hosed up logic -- taking it completely from the linked video -- that humans are deplorable beings that only destroy and thus deserve to be destroyed?

Hey, I'm arguing that he's a villain, man. I'm just saying he genuinely believes he's doing something noble, unlike some DBZ villains that are just like "Yeah I loving love mudering people, what's up?"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
G Gundam is amazing to watch if you enjoyed DBZ, it's pretty much the same action but with giant robots and Dutch windmills, robot boats and fish, giant robot Swedish Sailor Moon, literal mummies piloting giant robots, and German ninjas. To date it's the only Gundam I've watched.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 24, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Isn't Master Asia basically the same dude as Taopaipai?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Nessus posted:

Isn't Master Asia basically the same dude as Taopaipai?

Incorrect. Master Asia is far cooler than Taopaipai. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Comparing Taopaipai to Master Asia is like comparing Yamcha to Mr. Satan. Except even more insulting.

• Locked thread