Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure -G- has been in a death spiral of apathy for a few months now, Hellsau - they haven't even bothered to fill the vacancies they've had for months. BULBA and OTTER are the new -G-.

Oh. Well Cam and D-Man, if you want to join a healthy active clan full of good team players, PINGU has space available for you! do not join pingu do not join pingu do not join pingu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Oh. Well Cam and D-Man, if you want to join a healthy active clan full of good team players, PINGU has space available for you! do not join pingu do not join pingu do not join pingu

Or they could join PANSY, at least then they'd be in a joke clan that's intentionally a joke. :iceburn: :drat:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Or they could join PANSY, at least then they'd be in a joke clan that's intentionally a joke. :iceburn: :drat:

PINGU has a gimmick clan tag and a gimmick clan emblem and I wasn't joking about the random French cursing. Seems like an intentional joke to me! Also they let Hellsau in twice.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hellsau posted:

PINGU has a gimmick clan tag and a gimmick clan emblem and I wasn't joking about the random French cursing. Seems like an intentional joke to me! Also they let Hellsau in twice.

Were they hoping you'd cancel yourself out?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Were they hoping you'd cancel yourself out?

If only it worked that way we'd all have 100% winrates in pub games - our 14 teammates would cancel eachother out, but the enemy would have 15 people. They'd be left with one shitter to throw the match for them.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hellsau posted:

If only it worked that way we'd all have 100% winrates in pub games - our 14 teammates would cancel eachother out, but the enemy would have 15 people. They'd be left with one shitter to throw the match for them.

But we are the shitters.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

But we are the shitters.

oh poo poo

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Not many people can have a 25x higher recent WN8 than their total value, but this sporting young lad is such an amazing person
http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/max0407

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mmkay posted:

Not many people can have a 25x higher recent WN8 than their total value, but this sporting young lad is such an amazing person
http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/max0407

OHGOD that's him. I took a screenshot of his stats at the end of that game yesterday.

31% WR in IS-6? :wtc:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

I also played a game with that guy a month ago and had to take a screenshot of his stats. He was in his chaffee in a terrible platoon that time and was bad in a way I couldn't comprehend.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Pretty sure all of his premiums are the 'fail your way into earning this' ones, too. But I can't remember if/when they gave away the SU-122-44.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure all of his premiums are the 'fail your way into earning this' ones, too. But I can't remember if/when they gave away the SU-122-44.

Pretty sure the 122-44 has never been an achievement giveaway vehicle

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
I do love it so when the Euros talk poo poo about their bad players.

Doesn't make me feel as bad. Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo tonight. :negative:

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 23, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I've been holding off on posting these because :effort: and they're not quite up to snuff for the Funny Panels thread in the comic subforum but Garth Ennis has restarted his "War Stories" line, and the most recent issue brought to light the "Panzer Farting Contest," and why the Pz IV is/was better than both the Panther and Tiger:

Backstory: A PzIV crew comes across a German family trying to flee from the Red Army, and helps them work their way west, encountering them while a Red Army platoon was about to rape the teenage girl. Garth Ennis really likes writing about rape. The story before this one was about Israeli Centurions holding off IS-3s and T-54s during the Six Day War.

Four pages from the Six Day War arc (if only to showcase the art - and further rape everyone's bandwidth):

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 23, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Also the IS-8 seems pretty great in the snapshot meta.

IS-8 is king when it comes to snap-shotting. Which is probably for the best, since the only purpose of that tank is to poke out, shoot, and then get back in cover.

Here is a clip of some failed goon sync tooning where my IS-8 drives around on Stalingrad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h_9YTZEFhA

Magres posted:

The big thing about the KV-5 is that it was released before gold rounds for silver were a thing and shooting gold really, really makes the tank. 167 pen at tier 8 is appallingly bad. It's not that the tank changed or that the people calling it bad were wrong, it's that some pretty big things changed about the game that really benefited the tank.

Well, the best change was the removal of it from the store so now everybody have forgotten the frontal weakspot.
You actually need to shoot less gold than one expects, since a KV-5 works best if played like a suicidal maniac, which means charging in to the opposition and getting on flanks.
Works surprisingly well when you are in a pref8 toon and have some backup. The KV-5 have the best all around armour (and DPM and health) of the tier 8 heavies, so you can soak a lot of badly aimed hits.
But I am biased since my KV-5 is nowadays my highest average XP tank.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I loving love this tank :swoon:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Adrudh (I think) requested this. 13 57 mastery.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1900569#serene_coast-crazedkid103-amx_13_57_gf

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
EU Artillery pilot just coming back to the game after 2 years.

Edit: Oh hey zero damage critical hit emote. I remember you :suicide:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This weekend, man.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Looks like how my M4 games have been going. The better I get with it, the worse my team does.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Wow I've had a terrible spell.

My first match was great

After that It was downhill. I doubt I ever even damaged a heavy tank. Even medium tanks were getting glancing hits in the rear armour.

But now I have the Howitzer and things have turned around again. Sure it takes 12 seconds to reload but in 4/5 cases when you hit. Even in a heavy tank it ruins someone's day.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Zephyrine posted:

My first match was great

After that It was downhill. I doubt I ever even damaged a heavy tank. Even medium tanks were getting glancing hits in the rear armour.

But now I have the Howitzer and things have turned around again. Sure it takes 12 seconds to reload but in 4/5 cases when you hit. Even in a heavy tank it ruins someone's day.

That's my boy

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
Did someone say snapshot meta ? :clint:
http://gfycat.com/LeafySelfreliantFish

Sometimes, RNGeezus shows that He is indeed among us.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Beautiful. Yeah I had wanted to see it.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Finally mastered the T82...still a poo poo winrate but gently caress it, I'm done with it:

In other news, got the T67 and am grinding the last bits of upgrades for it. First impressions without the best gun: this thing is a great moneymaker. I'm keeping it probably.

On another note, the M4...which line is more rewarding, the M4A3E8 (I assume this is the Easy 8) or the M4A3E2? I'm probably getting the Easy 8 since I have a T1 (and am making steady, reliable progress towards my M6).

Edit: While I'm at it, I do Soviet and US mostly, are either of their Arty lines worth trying?

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 24, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Blindeye posted:

Finally mastered the T82...still a poo poo winrate but gently caress it, I'm done with it:

In other news, got the T67 and am grinding the last bits of upgrades for it. First impressions without the best gun: this thing is a great moneymaker. I'm keeping it probably.

On another note, the M4...which line is more rewarding, the M4A3E8 (I assume this is the Easy 8) or the M4A3E2? I'm probably getting the Easy 8 since I have a T1 (and am making steady, reliable progress towards my M6).

Edit: While I'm at it, I do Soviet and US mostly, are either of their Arty lines worth trying?

The M53/M55 (US tier 9) is an amazing artillery piece regarded by many as being straight up better than the T92 (t10 piece). I can't say anything about the soviet stuff, but I have heard some favorable reviews.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

subhelios posted:

The M53/M55 (US tier 9) is an amazing artillery piece regarded by many as being straight up better than the T92 (t10 piece). I can't say anything about the soviet stuff, but I have heard some favorable reviews.

After 5300 games in the M55, I can't have a cross word with it. It's everything you want arty to be.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Soviet arty is weird, in that you get a massive 203mm howitzer at tier 7, with all the associated pros (hilarious damage at tier) and cons (godawful accuracy), but then you use basically the same gun until tier 10 where you end up with a relatively small gun compared to the other arty (batchat notwithstanding). I hear the 261 is fantastic with AP, thanks to the relatively high accuracy for an arty.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Steelion posted:

Soviet arty is weird, in that you get a massive 203mm howitzer at tier 7, with all the associated pros (hilarious damage at tier) and cons (godawful accuracy), but then you use basically the same gun until tier 10 where you end up with a relatively small gun compared to the other arty (batchat notwithstanding). I hear the 261 is fantastic with AP, thanks to the relatively high accuracy for an arty.

The 261 is a superstar at tier X, except for the firing arc.

Don't take my word for it, ask Slim Jim Pickens, King of Tonga!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 24, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

My first match was great

Oh were you using the SU-26 and having a terrible time, and then swapped to the SU-5 and are now having fun? Yeah they murdered the SU-26 when artillery lines were extended to tier ten - it's basically worthless now unless you want to drop AP shells from max range on thin tanks. Long live the SU-26.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Trip report: The CDC is a dream to play :swoon:

The thing basically ignores hills, in terms of acceleration. It's great. And it carries enough ammo that you can readily pack what amounts to a "full load" of AP and also a full load of APCR for tier 10 games.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 24, 2015

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

Oh were you using the SU-26 and having a terrible time, and then swapped to the SU-5 and are now having fun? Yeah they murdered the SU-26 when artillery lines were extended to tier ten - it's basically worthless now unless you want to drop AP shells from max range on thin tanks. Long live the SU-26.

I think that's the SU-18. And the CDC almost tracks too fast, I feel like I need to lower my drat mouse sensitivity on it.

The Southern Dandy posted:

After 5300 games in the M55, I can't have a cross word with it. It's everything you want arty to be.

I got the T92 when it was still an VIII, and I sold it to pay for an M53/55 because I was loving mad at it. Do you find that 203 top gun is really worth it? It seems like I whiff 2 shots in the same time it takes me to whiff one and land two with the lighter gun. I'll take that trade for only ever getting 500 on a heavy.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Why is the T-34 an elite American tank and the Churchill an elite Russian tank?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Why is the T-34 an elite American tank and the Churchill an elite Russian tank?

T34 is not the same as T-34. Hyphen matters.

T34 was a prototype (hence the Txx designation instead of Mxx) american heavy tank. Had it entered service it would probably become M34, or M8 or whatever.

As for Churchill, it's lend lease tank sent to USSR and used by red army. There are two british Churchills in regular tech tree.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gervasius posted:

T34 is not the same as T-34. Hyphen matters.

T34 was a prototype (hence the Txx designation instead of Mxx) american heavy tank. Had it entered service it would probably become M34, or M8 or whatever.

As for Churchill, it's lend lease tank sent to USSR and used by red army. There are two british Churchills in regular tech tree.

Oh. Shows what I know :eng99:

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Can we have fewer tanks with the T designation in the game? I get them mixed up all the time.

Thanks.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, so do you want to talk about the T34, T-34, T-34-85, T-34-85M, T-34-1, T-34-2, T-34-3, Type T-34 or the Rudy??

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

T-69.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Oh, that's not even the biggest problem. There's a couple of M2's, M3's (all at similar tiers) a tier one and a tier five T1, two seperate T57s (which are at opposite ends of the tech tree at least), and the M5 which exists in both the American and Chinese tech trees (the Chinese at least has the M5A1 designation).

And that's just the Americans. The Germans are at least as bad with the VK 3X.XX tanks, which to this day I've never ever been able to keep straight. I've literally had every single one of those on the enemy side in a single battle, and I couldn't tell you the differences between them.

Protip though, if the name goes T-XX, it's Russian. If it goes TXX, it's American.

Except for the T-55A, which is German, despite being made by Russia.

You know what? :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Blindeye posted:

The t67 is glorious, I wonder what the Hellcat will feel like right after it for you since it has been nerfed... When I grinded it the Hellcat was nasty.
People seem to like both the Easy 8 and the Jumbo. I never really clicked with the Jumbo, but I loved the Easy 8.

Zephyrine posted:

Oh. Shows what I know :eng99:
Besides the Wiki site for WoT, there is info ingame in the tech tree, a quick blurb under characteristics :)

Content: How can I hate playing the Crusader SP so much but have a decent 53% win rate?