Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Moltrey posted:

I know we're just supposed to roll with when it comes how Users know about their Stand abilities, but I wanna know what situation Kakyoin was in as a kid that let him find out his Stand could shoot emeralds and possess people.
To be fair, if you wanna roll with Araki's original game plan wherein stands functioned as visualizations of psychic power, I can think of a lot of ways a young stand user might awaken to his abilities.

Kakyoin reminisces a bit about his lonely childhood before facing Dio, so I could conceive of him being a kid, being bullied, wishing he had a rock or something he could throw; cue Hierophant Green's emerald splash. Possession wouldn't be much of a stretch either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

To be fair, if you wanna roll with Araki's original game plan wherein stands functioned as visualizations of psychic power, I can think of a lot of ways a young stand user might awaken to his abilities.

Kakyoin reminisces a bit about his lonely childhood before facing Dio, so I could conceive of him being a kid, being bullied, wishing he had a rock or something he could throw; cue Hierophant Green's emerald splash. Possession wouldn't be much of a stretch either.
All good points. Having an alien tentacle ghost that only he can probably added a lot to Kakyoin's loner status to begin with, but then it starts shooting emeralds and going inside people and no one wants to hang out with Kakyoin anymore.

Polnareff is Polnareff and probably didn't even realize he had a Stand for a while and I guess Josuke got used to this pink robot punch man hanging out with him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is it me or does it feel like Tsurugi's face keeps changing between the chapters?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You're accusing a face in Jojolion of being different, you realize.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Tsurugi's face isn't the only thing to change

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tsurugi is incredibly well-spoken for a 2 year old.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also pretty loving hardcore, icing a dude with a bus.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Rocked him like a hurricane.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hato looks like Abacchio in a dress.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Mitsuba and Hato have yet to be important in any respect.

It somehow completely slipped my mind that Joubin would probably have to be married to produce Tsurugi.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Tsurugi is incredibly well-spoken for a 2 year old.
JoJolion has actually been going on for ten years, we just haven't noticed.

I hope Hato busts out some crazy powerful Stand and is actually really cool, I'm already bummed out that due to Daiya's Stand, she'll probably never be in a fight again. Her fashion sense is amazing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Didn't Joseph have to flail around to figure out what Hermit Purple did? I imagine in both their cases it's because they got theirs from Dio's evil radiations. Presumably people like Polly, Abdul, Mariah etc. got to sort of figure it out over time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think he does mention that Avdol helped him find out what it did.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Considering he thinks he has to smash a camera with it while DIO just taps his, I think Joseph still doesn't know his stand that intricately.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think on some level he does know, since he can use Hermit Purple in a wide variety of situations.

Dude just wants to bust some cameras.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think Joseph Joestar doesn't so much "think" as "bullshit his way through problems." You could see him sweating when everyone started cracking up during The Sun, after all.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nessus posted:

I think Joseph Joestar doesn't so much "think" as "bullshit his way through problems." You could see him sweating when everyone started cracking up during The Sun, after all.

Yeah, that's not really an opinion.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nessus posted:

That was after Lovers tore out chunks of his brain, to be fair to him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dig this guy's stuff.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

jonathon should just be a head with angel wings tbh

[altho his rugby linebacker body is pretty hilarious]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Dig this guy's stuff.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm partial to The World's Straightest Man Hol Horse

edit:this is a different artist btw

Pomp fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 24, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I can't go for that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Where's the one you wanted as an av of josuke going "Nah I win bye"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's the one you wanted as an av of josuke going "Nah I win bye"

Also, just occured to me Dilbert might've thought I was slingin' shade when I was just being snarky. Hope this won't come between us as fellow anime connoisseurs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Also, just occured to me Dilbert might've thought I was slingin' shade when I was just being snarky. Hope this won't come between us as fellow anime connoisseurs.

It's good, and the artist is good

And these

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is there a link to this guy's stuff?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://phillip-bankss.tumblr.com/tagged/my+art

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

I like how Jojo's group walk into the mansion and just play a couple of videogames, while the B team have to contend with a loving vampire inside of a flying invisible hell orb demon.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Moltrey posted:

I hope Hato busts out some crazy powerful Stand and is actually really cool, I'm already bummed out that due to Daiya's Stand, she'll probably never be in a fight again. Her fashion sense is amazing.

To match the naming scheme she's going to have King Crimson.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zenephant posted:

To match the naming scheme she's going to have King Crimson.

Personally I'm holding out hope for King Diamond.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Personally I'm holding out hope for King Diamond.

It has the power to control all grandmas in a 2 kilometer radius.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

hoobajoo posted:

It has the power to control all grandmas in a 2 kilometer radius.

I love that this is not far-fetched for Jojos

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Rereading Part 7 because my girlfriend finally got to it. I had blocked out all memory of the first lady. Just everyone creepin on Lucy but Scarlet's pretty much the worst.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I agree, insane gore where a guy's arm appears to fall out of the skin holding it is A-ok, but an awkward scene that doesn't even compare to the stuff they show on game of thrones? Terrible.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

darealkooky posted:

I agree, insane gore where a guy's arm appears to fall out of the skin holding it is A-ok, but an awkward scene that doesn't even compare to the stuff they show on game of thrones? Terrible.
I dunno what you're saying. A 40/50 year old woman making sexual comments to a fourteen year old girl and then asking the girl to sit on her face is pretty creepy. Some people are less bothered by gore and more bothered by strange sexual scenarios with teenagers.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 24, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's really creepy that both of the Valentines were into having sex with minors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The age of consent was as low as 10 in some states during the late 19th century. The poo poo that happens to Lucy is creepy, but if she were married, she probably wasn't considered a minor in-universe.

• Locked thread