Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

cheesetriangles posted:

I looked up the 3 way on youtube. I'm glad I did.

It's the best possible result for someone deciding 'yes, it makes sense for the two women who are jealous of each other trying to be with me to want to have a threesome, this makes total sense and I'm all for it'. You (and Geralt) get exactly what's coming to you.

Vodos posted:

I thought that was someone trolling. That doesn't make any sense, Yen is way too jealous for that, she even threw out the bed G and Triss slept in.

I wasn't trolling! Did no one get my comic book covers joke? :smith:

cheesetriangles posted:

I would go watch it. you don't want it to happen

In fact, here it is for those who want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Welp, seems I'm stuck because of this bug. Can't finish this story quest since I can't climb ledges.

Sucks too, I was so close to the end and wanted to finish it today, but now it seems I'll be waiting for a bug fix.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

I've run into a really annoying and game breaking bug twice now. Geralt suddenly won't grab hold onto ledges anymore, instead he'll just "kick" away from the wall. It stopped me from doing a side quest earlier(I fixed it by reloading a save ~30 min back), but it's come back, and this time I'm not sure I want to backtrack that far.
Anyone else ran into this?

Are you using the kb&mouse? To have geralt grab overhead ledges you have to press and hold the space bar. You really have to read every tooltip

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

I would go watch it. you don't want it to happen

noo if i had known this i wouldnt have banged triss

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Willfrey posted:

Are you using the kb&mouse? To have geralt grab overhead ledges you have to press and hold the space bar. You really have to read every tooltip

I'm nearly at the end of the game, I know the controls. This is a rare bug that I've encountered before.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Just got the Griffin armor set. Does anyone think this set will be any good considering it focuses on signs and stamina rather than damage like the cat and bear school?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I failed a quest to work with Cleaver, is that because i chose a different branching path or should i load an older save?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

It also works with the shaved side hairstyle, but that's also a classic geralt style.

I shaved and it grew back.

It works with all hair styles, but setting a custom beard is what disables beard growth. You just gotta get clean shaven to fix it, and it takes several days before the first stage of stubble shows up.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

May I just say that I just met Johnny and he's the best character so far in the game.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Andrast posted:

Gwent would probably work pretty well in a draft or sealed format if some things were changed.
Sealed I can see, but for draft I'd imagine the faction restrictions would cause a lot of problems.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

That's pretty vague. There's a lot of smithys in this game. The dwarf smithy in the Bloody Baron keep for instance. I just got a quest for this guy in which I'm to go to Skellige and find some advanced fast hands finger wizard master level blacksmith tools so he can make me some armor with them. But I found a guide about the griffin set so I'll end up twisting my controller in fits of rage trying to get it.

After having sex with Keira, she revealed to me that she planned on taking Alexanders horrible notes to that dude. I had no idea who he was because I didn't play the 2nd game so I assumed he was an rear end in a top hat and killed her so she didn't take those plans to him. I actually felt kinda conflicted about it :(

This happens to me, but with ladders instead.

If you refer to her first plan, it's the very person behind business in Novigrad and elsewhere on Continent. Dijkstra and Roche got some plans regarding that, but I assume it's ending slides. Didn't go back yet though.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
Haha, glorious. Was just kettling some bandits on a relatively narrow staircase, and one at the back whips out his crossbow and one-shots the guy between us. Point blank, square in the back. This loving game.

eta: "Just what the sandwich gently caress is this?" :allears:

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 24, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Help. Addicted to Gwent.

I want to buy this game and play friends. They'd need to retool a bit, maybe take out hero cards, or limit them or shave them down, etc. But this would be a really nice tabletop game I think. I'm going to guess some dude was working on this in his spare time and either gave up; or the process to bring it to reality was too much and said gently caress it and threw it into this game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Just got the Griffin armor set. Does anyone think this set will be any good considering it focuses on signs and stamina rather than damage like the cat and bear school?

It's fantastic for a sign focused Geralt.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Good lord, the crones in the Ladies of the Wood quest are impressively revolting and horrible... they rival anything From Software has put in their games... :stare: :barf:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PirateBob posted:

Good lord, the crones in the Ladies of the Wood quest are impressively revolting and horrible... they rival anything From Software has put in their games... :stare: :barf:

I thought they looked like something out of Borderlands.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

My game likes to go to the desktop during dialogue. I can still hear the game continue on but I can't bring it back up and have to kill the process. Any fixes for this?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

There is a troll named Trolololo. And he sings. :doh:

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Wolpertinger posted:

So i found something that's driving me absolutely bonkers, east of the Crossroads waypoint is a contract to kill a wyvern that wiped out a Nilfgaard patrol that I bumped into. I finished it up, and was walking to the camp, when a little ways east of the wyvern area, Geralt goes 'Ugh, what is that horrible stench?' I activate witcher-senses and lo and behold there's a stench trail leading through the unmarked wilderness going between little green patches of goo. However, the scent trail is extremely long and winding and thin and easy to miss and get lost, and as far as I can tell i've followed it both directions and I must be missing something since I don't see anything - it seems to end in two puddles of green slime on both ends. I must be missing something somewhere, and if I leave I'll never find it again most likely - anyone else found this?

Found that as well. The scent trail leads right through a couple bandits around a barrel before suddenly stopping, so I assumed it was an easter egg/inside joke of some sort.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Wicaeed posted:

edit: compared to normal

I see barely any difference.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shrieker Contract. After completing it, talk to the kid whose father it killed, tell him you avenged his da.
Holy poo poo the facial expressions in this game are incredible.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Does anyone know where to find the maps for the second through fourth parts of the bear school upgrade quest? None of the vendors seem to have any new maps.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

There is a lot to do in this game

Using food between combat is annoying as hell though

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I see barely any difference.

It's much more noticeable in motion. Essentially, the Nvidia thing models what appear to be hundreds of individual strands, all of which can move independently and do so quite realistically. In the default version, you only have a handful of much larger bangs that tend to move in a more constrained manner.

For something completely different, it'd be nice if you were able to see how large a cash reward is when you're given the choice between accepting it or letting them keep it. I wouldn't mind letting people keep those measly 10 crowns they scraped together, but I always feel compelled to accept just in case it's something more substantial.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ZenVulgarity posted:

There is a lot to do in this game

Using food between combat is annoying as hell though

Find inner peace and meditate. Constantly. All the time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Artelier posted:

Find inner peace and meditate. Constantly. All the time.

Or don't, if you're playing on higher difficulties.

It is sort of annoying, but at the same time, when you run out of food or can't figure out how to use Quen, it might be time to hit the towns.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Or just make Swallow and then meditate whenever you run out.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

turtlecrunch posted:

Do you need the flowers when you meditate to refill or just alcohol?

quote:

It is sort of annoying, but at the same time, when you run out of food or can't figure out how to use Quen, it might be time to hit the towns.

Yeah balancing food and health outside of combat on higher difficulty has been tough starting out. So far I have found wolf packs to be excellent sources of food as they don't attack as fast as the wild dogs and are easier to kill even when swarmed by them.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Just the cheapest booze you can find, it's magical.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Weird bug:
For some reason I wasn't able to switch signs anymore.
No matter what I tried, I was stuck with Quen.
Neither the quick select dial nor the hotkeys switched to a different sign.

Restarting the game and loading the last save didn't work, neither did fast travel.

The solution:
Get on Roach, cast Axii, since it's the only one available on horseback and it unstuck itself.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

When buying a diagram, is there any way to see what the level requirement for the resulting armor/weapon will be?

The shop screen says to push "i" for item info, but doing that just exits the screen.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Also, I don't mind the equipment degradation. It makes me feel better about demanding money from crying widows.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

This was a funny quest

So was this one

I also found this, which I assume is for dying fabric for all the fabulous outfits in the game. Neat little bit of worldbuilding :allears:

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 24, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Han Nehi posted:

When buying a diagram, is there any way to see what the level requirement for the resulting armor/weapon will be?

The shop screen says to push "i" for item info, but doing that just exits the screen.

I didn't find a way, it's kind of irritating. Like you I thought "i" meant I'd see a more detailed tooltip for the schematic, but nope.

Unrelated, but upgraded Axii is incredibly good. You can stun/charm single targets and have enough time to get in a few attacks or drop Yrden under them or what have you, and charming one or two enemies in a large pack is very handy too.

I picked up the full Griffin set and with a Signs-focused build my Quen is actually soaking a couple hits now before breaking, and great utility from the other signs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

turtlecrunch posted:

I don't have swallow

nevermind I do it heals rear end and for like ten seconds

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't have swallow

There's a quest to make it in the starter zone but it's one of the most basic and generally useful potions. People were mentioning an herbalist NE of Oxenfurt who sells a lot of the basic recipes but I think you start with the schematic known

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't have swallow

There's another potion that is literally just a classic health pot, but the name escapes me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Creepy Goat posted:

There's another potion that is literally just a classic health pot, but the name escapes me.

White Raffard's Decoction.
For some reason it requires 4 Nekker hearts, which I assume can only be found in blown up monster nests, since I have killed probably close to a hundred Nekkers and still only have 3 hearts.
I never sell alchemy ingredients because of this.

Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013
Just heard a conversational Pulp Fiction easter egg. This game :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't have swallow

Mix it with food, you can pretty much get a full heal with some bread and swallow.