Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

codenameFANGIO posted:

What does it mean when you click on your dude in Waru Waru plaza and there are fireworks around him and he is dancing. What is going on here.

Happy Birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Happy Birthday

That was like two weeks ago. The birthday thing seemed much more elaborate.

Also thank you.

edit: I made a YouTube video of it and my wife was watching a terrible ghost show at the same time and it made it seem super mysterious so I kept it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t02imEq6B8

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 24, 2015

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

It really bothers me that they say it as "splat-oon" while I've been thinking of it like s+platoon for so long.

edit:
Also, I remember something about Nintendo doing pre-loading for some game... was it for this? Or does this support that? This game comes out in the middle of the week when I work.... but it'd be nice to be able to play as soon as possible still.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 24, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

That was like two weeks ago. The birthday thing seemed much more elaborate.

Also thank you.

edit: I made a YouTube video of it and my wife was watching a terrible ghost show at the same time and it made it seem super mysterious so I kept it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t02imEq6B8
It looks like stink/fart clouds. You stink.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

What does it mean when you click on your dude in Waru Waru plaza and there are fireworks around him and he is dancing. What is going on here.

its mating season

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

MaxDuo posted:

It really bothers me that they say it as "splat-oon" while I've been thinking of it like s+platoon for so long.

edit:
Also, I remember something about Nintendo doing pre-loading for some game... was it for this? Or does this support that? This game comes out in the middle of the week when I work.... but it'd be nice to be able to play as soon as possible still.

Splatoon can be pre-loaded, yes. You just go to the eShop and buy it like normal. The game will download and its icon will appear in your menu. Selecting it prompts the system to search for the patch that unlocks the game, which will go up at midnight EST on the 29th.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Supercar Gautier posted:

Splatoon can be pre-loaded, yes. You just go to the eShop and buy it like normal. The game will download and its icon will appear in your menu. Selecting it prompts the system to search for the patch that unlocks the game, which will go up at midnight EST on the 29th.

Not in PAL-land you can. Looks like you can only buy it on release day.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 24, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sad if true </3

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

Not an emptyquote.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

Those games are amazing. :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

Yeah man

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Speaking of first impressions, first time playing Paper Mario. What a great game! I could never get into Mario & Luigi for some reason, and the only Paper Mario I've played was Super Paper Mario. It's not that bad of a game, but after you play it once, it's really hard to come back to.

Paper Mario, on the other hand... I really didn't think it could be better than Mario RPG! The Bowser??? fight in chapter 1 was hilarious! And then I went to a guy in Toad Town to get even more BP, and he screwed me over :( I'm on Chapter 2 now and I can't wait to get my 2 levels of HP back. This game has a really weird leveling system. The badges, on the other hand, are the best thing!
I think the music isn't as memorable as in Mario RPG, but aside from that, the game is way better!!
Between that and Epic Yarn I feel like a child again :haw:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

I am happy you are enjoying a Good Video Game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

I would be willing to sustain a severe head injury to play it for the first time again.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Vookatos posted:

Speaking of first impressions, first time playing Paper Mario. What a great game! I could never get into Mario & Luigi for some reason, and the only Paper Mario I've played was Super Paper Mario. It's not that bad of a game, but after you play it once, it's really hard to come back to.

Paper Mario, on the other hand... I really didn't think it could be better than Mario RPG! The Bowser??? fight in chapter 1 was hilarious! And then I went to a guy in Toad Town to get even more BP, and he screwed me over :( I'm on Chapter 2 now and I can't wait to get my 2 levels of HP back. This game has a really weird leveling system. The badges, on the other hand, are the best thing!
I think the music isn't as memorable as in Mario RPG, but aside from that, the game is way better!!
Between that and Epic Yarn I feel like a child again :haw:

To be honest, once you know how to work the game and where to get badges that increase your HP and FP, you should almost always go with BP whenever you level up in Paper Mario.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.
it's okay

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I'm going to loving kill you

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

jfc

mods??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
my face when Metroiding around

:aaaaa:

i dont need to sleep tonight

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Lemming posted:

I would be willing to sustain a severe head injury to play it for the first time again.

yes

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I liked Metroid Prime quite a bit except for how a bunch of the bosses just spit little guys at you, and the several hours straight of backtracking near the end.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

metroid prime.

holy poo poo.

Nintendo is King

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Davinci posted:

I liked Metroid Prime quite a bit except for how a bunch of the bosses just spit little guys at you, and the several hours straight of backtracking near the end.
Aren't the only bosses that spit dudes at you the hive mecha(which is basically a miniboss), the final part of metroid prime and... I don't know, the Omega Pirate has enemies during it but only sometimes and it doesn't spit them. Also they actually make that fight a lot harder and cooler.

Vookatos posted:

Definitely try Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door afterwards, it's even better. Partners have actual HP and stuff!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Davinci posted:

There's only one artifact you can't grab as you go through the game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You're very very unlikely to find the artifacts as you play through your first time before the end though. At least no one I've ever known has.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Davinci posted:

Honestly, the best part of the game for me was the stuff that needed a second or third pass through the area. Most of the game's strong exploration was tucked into the artifacts and optional upgrades.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Agreed but for all previous metroids as well

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ok so far what I am loving most of all, apart from the awesome controls, is scanning and reading things. its like im learning all this backstory of my own accord and that is loving great!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

You're very very unlikely to find the artifacts as you play through your first time before the end though. At least no one I've ever known has.

The game guides you to a room right next to your ship that literally tells you where they are. Assuming of course that you don't explore in an exploration-heavy series

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
If you're talking about the place with the statues that you scan to get the info on where the artifacts are, that's what I meant by "the end" because it's very much in the later parts of the game.

Again, I'm not just talking about myself, everyone I have ever known to play Metroid Prime for the first time got the artifacts all in a row at the point where you suddenly need them to progress.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

Aren't the only bosses that spit dudes at you the hive mecha(which is basically a miniboss), the final part of metroid prime and... I don't know, the Omega Pirate has enemies during it but only sometimes and it doesn't spit them. Also they actually make that fight a lot harder and cooler.
Definitely try Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door afterwards, it's even better. Partners have actual HP and stuff!

Thousand Year Door might just be my favorite game of all time. It's everything Paper Mario did well cranked up to 11. It's more of a challenge, the story is better, it's hilarious, there's so much personality, the visuals are excellent, and there really is a ton of content and hidden stuff.

Plus you can get higher than level 30. Not that you needed it, but still what a weird decision.

E: Metroid Prime is a huge contender for that "best game ever" spot though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Looper posted:

The game guides you to a room right next to your ship that literally tells you where they are. Assuming of course that you don't explore in an exploration-heavy series

lol I did not even find this room until like halfway through the game. I felt like a huge dope.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IronicDongz posted:

If you're talking about the place with the statues that you scan to get the info on where the artifacts are, that's what I meant by "the end" because it's very much in the later parts of the game.

Again, I'm not just talking about myself, everyone I have ever known to play Metroid Prime for the first time got the artifacts all in a row at the point where you suddenly need them to progress.

Well, at least for me, I did grab one random artifact before the end of the game simply through exploring. Messed with my head a bit as I had no idea what it was for and thought I had gotten somewhere before I needed to.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

It very much is not. It's okay, I'm not judging you for it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I know im real late to the party but just in case you guys go into spoilers territory I hope you black stuff out

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Uh-oh, now you're just begging someone to post every single boss you fight and every single upgrade you find in the game.

How far are you, anyway?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

Uh-oh, now you're just begging someone to post every single boss you fight and every single upgrade you find in the game.

How far are you, anyway?

None of my Nintendo Wii U thread friends would do this to someone. :)

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Chieves posted:

Thousand Year Door might just be my favorite game of all time. It's everything Paper Mario did well cranked up to 11. It's more of a challenge, the story is better, it's hilarious, there's so much personality, the visuals are excellent, and there really is a ton of content and hidden stuff.
Plus you can get higher than level 30. Not that you needed it, but still what a weird decision.
Man, I hope Nintendo puts it on VC.

Chieves posted:

E: Metroid Prime is a huge contender for that "best game ever" spot though.
I absolutely love Metroid Prime, but I still think Super Metroid is better. It's basically a tie, but I think Super's bosses are cooler. Prime's bosses aren't as interesting in their design to me. Also I really wish there was an escape sequence at the end. They even mentioned it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Looper posted:

It very much is not. It's okay, I'm not judging you for it
That's what lets you into impact crater, though. Like the only things after you get the artifacts are ridley and then impact crater/prime, that's totally endgame. Artifacts+one final very short area is the last bit.

• Locked thread