Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hey I'm like 2 pages late on this but "Whis gi" is a hell of an advanced level pun

I, uh.

....I don't get it. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Some Numbers posted:

I, uh.

....I don't get it. :saddowns:

Whis Gi = Whiskey.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh.

I got the impression it was going to be more elaborate than that.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Some Numbers posted:

Oh.

I got the impression it was going to be more elaborate than that.

Bills? In Japanese = Beerus, Beers.

What's stronger than beer?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Reinanigans posted:

Bills? In Japanese = Beerus, Beers.

What's stronger than beer?

Vodka?

:thejoke:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

That'll be the villain of the first season of Super.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay, why is Krillin dressed up as Piccolo in this Brolly movie?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently it was a self-referential joke because at that point in most movies Piccolo just shows up out of nowhere and saves the day before getting his rear end kicked again.
Exhibit A: Android 13

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Rirse posted:

Okay, why is Krillin dressed up as Piccolo in this Brolly movie?

Because Krillin, like Piccolo, is awesome.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xibanya posted:

Because Krillin, like Piccolo, is awesome.

That is true I have to admit. He may be far outclass at this point, but he will still try to fight any big threat in the series.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to see another world tournament arc in dragon ball super, where the hero's actually fight each other and its not rigged by mr satan.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Preview of the next DBZA episode has been posted.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Heh, Krillin owned counter is back.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

mabels big day posted:

I want to see another world tournament arc in dragon ball super, where the hero's actually fight each other and its not rigged by mr satan.

Whis limits Goku and Vegeta and anyone else's power to the point where they and Mr. Satan are on even grounds.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pyroi posted:

Whis limits Goku and Vegeta and anyone else's power to the point where they and Mr. Satan are on even grounds.

Better option. Whis trains Mr. Satan til he's at their level.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Dexo posted:

Better option. Whis trains Mr. Satan til he's at their level.

I wouldn't trust Satan with Goku powers. I love the man but he's kind of a dick and I could see him using them for bad things.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/theTattooModelSearch/videos/657295717757994/

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Esroc posted:

I wouldn't trust Satan with Goku powers. I love the man but he's kind of a dick and I could see him using them for bad things.

You wouldn't trust the man who saved us from Cell and Buu with super powers? I mean, he's super powerful already, but I think Earth would be even more safe if he became a Super Human God Super Human. With a bitchin' teal afro.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Nobody named Satan could be an evil man.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
pssst I never liked Mr Satan.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sharktamer posted:

pssst I never liked Mr Satan.

Blasphemy

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Mr Satan would go anti-Trunks. He'd dump all his Ki power into being tough enough to not get hurt due to his innate fear of a beating.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bacontotem posted:

Mr Satan would go anti-Trunks. He'd dump all his Ki power into being tough enough to not get hurt due to his innate fear of a beating.

So that's how "The Savior Has Come" works in Xenoverse!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Honestly if Dragon Ball Super was just DBM in anime form I'd be completely happy with it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have now seen all the Broly movies. Why did they make two? ...Why did they make three? Why did Vegeta spend half a movie wimping out? Bleah.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I have now seen all the Broly movies. Why did they make two? ...Why did they make three? Why did Vegeta spend half a movie wimping out? Bleah.

None of the people working on dragon ball actually understand dragon ball.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stairmaster posted:

I love how lame the dragonball wish was in the second Brolly movie. Just summons Goku to do a kamahama before sending him back to Other World. Not even a Sheron appearance either. Made more hilarious since the Bojack movie had Goku teleport in for a few seconds to suckerpunch Bojack.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Stairmaster posted:

Apparently, Broly's creator got really mad at Battle of Gods over the design of Beerus and made a rant on how much cooler and better Broly looks or something. Sooo....

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

StrifeHira posted:

Apparently, Broly's creator got really mad at Battle of Gods over the design of Beerus and made a rant on how much cooler and better Broly looks or something. Sooo....

That's just a rumor that happened earlier in the thread. Someone posted the actual text and it was basically amounted down to him being surprised how skinny Beerus was, IIRC.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only media that used Broly correctly was Supersonic Warriors 2. He's terrible in his own movies, terrible in Multiverse, terrible in Heroes (was SS4 Broly really neccesary?), and terrible in general.

But he's fun in Supersonic Warriors 2 because he's given Buu's role. Mr. Satan can make even Broly be good. That's why he's the saviour of the Earth.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
That just reminds me that for Heroes, I really want to see SSGSSJ3. gently caress it, why not add SSGSSJ4?

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta would be peak ridiculous and it'd be beautiful to see.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD_zUA7G7U

Clearly foreshadowing of what is to come in Super.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Vegeta against Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? I can dig it.

Or basically Chance of Cloudy Meatballs DBZ style. :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyD_zUA7G7U

Clearly foreshadowing of what is to come in Super.

Hmmmmmm Vegeta going against a bunch of vegetables. New Saiyans confirmed.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
That giant napa cabbage gave Vegeta bad war flashbacks. :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brony Hunter posted:

Whis Gi = Whiskey.

Oh, I had it all wrong.

I thought the pun was "Gee, Whiz." Which doesn't make sense cause that's not a Japanese saying.

The whiskey thing never even occurred to me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

It's been said in the thread but broly's dad was far cooler looking.

Covok posted:

That's just a rumor that happened earlier in the thread. Someone posted the actual text and it was basically amounted down to him being surprised how skinny Beerus was, IIRC.

No he was being passive aggressive as gently caress about everything.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah, he did come across kinda peeved that the god of destruction wasn't a rampaging hulk mountain of muscles character like Broly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Broly is my second-favorite DBZ villain specifically because he is so stupid. Any time I see Broly in anything I cannot help but laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Broly was so over the top evil and hammy and I love it, blows up a planet just to make children cry before giving the most jacked as gently caress slasher smile ever like he's legit loving jacked on to this poo poo. Also had the most hosed up death in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wLaVBx5d8

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2-xuUffi4

• Locked thread