Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

User Error posted:

Puerto Rico is dope but remember to take your phone out of your pocket before swimming in the ocean

Brilliant user name + post combo.

(Sorry 'bout your phone.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Arriviste posted:

Brilliant user name + post combo.

(Sorry 'bout your phone.)

Eh it was a piece of poo poo anyways. Thanks though.

User Error fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 25, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

nm posted:

Side shows are the dumbest loving trend imaginable.
gently caress them all.

It's a trend? Glad it's not a trend here :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

leica posted:

It is in norcal and I just got stuck in a 30min traffic jam because of these assholes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Isn't Florida pretty much one enormous side-show attraction?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

nm posted:

gently caress them all.

Are we talking about bearded ladies, dog-faced men, and Amazonian snake charmers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Facebook just reminded me that Heavy D was dead. Now my day is ruined.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Isn't Florida pretty much one enormous side-show attraction?

Yeah when the Indiana tourists come to town.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

gently caress them all.
Is this the thing where people block traffic on a major road to do donuts and the like?

I always wonder why someone in a truck doesn't just bully through anyway.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes. They park a bunch of pickups at the back, so the only way to do it would be to damage vehicles.
Also, while it sounds pretty cool, it could get you arrested or killed.

angryhampster posted:

Are we talking about bearded ladies, dog-faced men, and Amazonian snake charmers?

This loving bullshit
http://fox40.com/2015/01/13/sideshow-halts-highway-traffic-cars-spin-donuts/

This was at broad loving daylights too. I hope some fuckers get arrested as these dumbasses will post a youtube with their faces and plate numbers.

nm fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 25, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha I was thinking literal side shows like the bearded child and poo poo like that.

Somebody will get fed up and drive right the gently caress through that poo poo eventually.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I liked Mad Max as much as the next goon, but what the ever living gently caress.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I see cancer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

the spyder posted:

I liked Mad Max as much as the next goon, but what the ever living gently caress.

Real talk I have to fight this urge every single day

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

the spyder posted:

I think this image is quite a few years old actually.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

leica posted:

Haha I was thinking literal side shows like the bearded child and poo poo like that.

Somebody will get fed up and drive right the gently caress through that poo poo eventually.

Just needs one pissed off person with a gun and it's all going to end in tears.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mooseykins posted:

Don't be silly, that would never happen in America.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

angryhampster posted:

I think this image is quite a few years old actually.

When you reverse image search the suggested phrase is "losing faith in humanity."

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
The mugshot of 2 guys with gold paint all over their mouths is what I thought of during the movie, but I totally forgot about chrome-tooth there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Isn't Gibsonton (i think that's the town) basically just a freakshow/circus town?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

Fuuuuck why did I buy a Steel Battalion controller? I'm on deployment and can't even use it for months. Really want to set it up for KSP.

Wow I looked that up and it's quite a controller (well, 3 controllers really?). Would probably be great for Mechwarrior 2 and other asperger friendly stuff like flight sims. I presume there are drivers for it?

Wally Joyner posted:

The mugshot of 2 guys with gold paint all over their mouths is what I thought of during the movie, but I totally forgot about chrome-tooth there.

I see a guy passed out in the park with paint all over him pretty frequently. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a boil form in my shoulder the other night. Decided enough was enough and I lanced it and HOLY gently caress was that nasty. Now it looks like my shoulder has a nipple sticking out of it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Mooseykins posted:

As long as no innocents ae caught in the crossfire. . .

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Wow I looked that up and it's quite a controller (well, 3 controllers really?). Would probably be great for Mechwarrior 2 and other asperger friendly stuff like flight sims. I presume there are drivers for it?

I see a guy passed out in the park with paint all over him pretty frequently. :smith:

Yeah, there are drivers available. And even a KSP plugin that has special assigned buttons and light sequences.

Also, metallic spray paints are often used for huffing due to the amount and types of solvent in them compared to normal paints.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

As long as no innocents ae caught in the crossfire. . .

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Isn't Gibsonton (i think that's the town) basically just a freakshow/circus town?

Somewhere in Sarasota is the barnum and bailey headquarters iirc.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

User Error posted:

Puerto Rico is dope but remember to take your phone out of your pocket before swimming in the ocean

I saw your snap and got instantly jealous. Get the to the Ben and Jerry's for fresh made waffle cone and awesome ice cream, stat! Wife and I stayed in old San Juan before our first was born, and we went there daily. Some good food around there too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Somewhere in Sarasota is the barnum and bailey headquarters iirc.

Just asked my wife, she confirmed that Gibsonton is a carnie town full of freaks and weirdos.

More than the rest of FL, even.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well at least we don't have morons blocking traffic and doing donuts.

Where is that happening again? Oh yeah, Cali.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Well at least we don't have morons blocking traffic and doing donuts.

Where is that happening again? Oh yeah, Cali.

Funny part is, we left Mad Max a few minutes ago and two seperate intersections had donut marks in them.

We live in the suburbs so who the gently caress knows.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Good to hear they let you out. Now take care of yourself so you don't need to go back.

Go 40x60, not much more expensive and lets you park two cars nose-to-tail across the short width. That's the size I've narrowed it down to when I finally build. Make sure you get tall ceilings, 14' absolute minimum with 20' giving you a lot more options for what you can put on the lift.

S14 cooling system sucks to replace but is a loving breeze to bleed :yay: Lift the nose of the car 1-2 feet, fill and it bleeds the air on it's own. Those Germans do know how to do some things right. Debating whether I should do another flush with just water before putting in the final coolant mix. We'll see just how terrible the block drain plug is to remove.

Maybe, but 30x60 will already push the budget. Due to the way the land is situated and how it will never ever get a building permit for residential use (I asked the inspector) I am pretty sure I can get the land dirt cheap, and if I play my cards right I think I can at least have a shell of a shop that size for under 20k if I do all the site work myself, then build the entire building myself too, basically.

A 40x60 would add 25% just to the concrete cost, which is probably the biggest line item.

Rhyno posted:

I had a boil form in my shoulder the other night. Decided enough was enough and I lanced it and HOLY gently caress was that nasty. Now it looks like my shoulder has a nipple sticking out of it.

Careful, or people will freak out and tell you you are going to die if you don't have a doctor do that.

(Jab, drain, disinfectant of choice, neosporin, bandaid, forget about it)

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Your forgetting the use of a shopvac in there somewhere.

Officially thinking of renaming the cat Spaztard.... Spose at 7 months old hes still a kitten really...

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Anyone been to Formula D before? A buddy invited us to go in June and the tickets are cheap and it looks like fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Careful, or people will freak out and tell you you are going to die if you don't have a doctor do that.

(Jab, drain, disinfectant of choice, neosporin, bandaid, forget about it)

I used a STANLEY utility knife and sterilized with gas and flame so I should be fine. Drained it three times now. So gross.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Just got back from seeing Mad Max AND HOLY poo poo IT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY

a movie actually lived up to he hype holy loving poo poo

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Visiting goon DrunkMessiah and myself along with a buddy from the guard drove my Wrangler up the Kancamagus Highway today.

^ here we are at the pass

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 25, 2015

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Ferremit posted:

Your forgetting the use of a shopvac in there somewhere.

Officially thinking of renaming the cat Spaztard.... Spose at 7 months old hes still a kitten really...

Close. More of a "junior" catte. Will still be full of piss and vinegar until he's about three years old. Kittenish in energy much of the time and generally a knucklehead about some things, but better at getting/taking his way without the advanced cuteness weaponry of kittens. He's becoming a teenager, basically.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Arriviste posted:

Close. More of a "junior" catte. Will still be full of piss and vinegar until he's about three years old. Kittenish in energy much of the time and generally a knucklehead about some things, but better at getting/taking his way without the advanced cuteness weaponry of kittens. He's becoming a teenager, basically.

Or you have my cat, Bowie, who is a shrimp. He barely weighs 6lbs at almost a year old. He's just...tiny. So he gets the kitten cuteness still.

Our other cat is basically twice his size, and he terrorizes the gently caress out of him with no fucks given to his size disadvantage. He's also not scared of the dogs, and doesn't even react if our 80lb coonhound stomps at him.

Also, he will only wear a pink collar. Four blue collars, one silver, one black. All destroyed. Pink sparkly collar? No issues. His name is apt.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

48 hours without smoking. Today was a helluva lot easier just because I had the logic of "Well I'm already a day in why restart". I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be rough with work.

Going to bed because quitting has made me constantly tired for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

You should've named it

• Locked thread