Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Does DQ8 feature any way of turning off random encounters?

Jarogue posted:

Leveling up, evolving, team leader...
Whatever happened to the days of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Meteos, and Pokémon Puzzle Challenge?

My kingdom for Meteos 3D and Panel de Pon 3D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, a sequel to Picross 3D. And maybe another Picross DS. The downloadables by Jupiter are insufficient!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fooley posted:

I'd kill for a Meteos 3DS. Basically the same but with eye searing 3d madness on the top screen when you clear blocks.

I remember fondly when Meteos was the best game on the original DS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neo_Crimson posted:

I remember fondly when Meteos was the best game on the original DS.

Q! Entertainment had a couple of great games with that and Lumines and then slipped slowly into mediocrity and death.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wasn't there a disney meteos sequel

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't there a disney meteos sequel

We do not talk about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

Q! Entertainment had a couple of great games with that and Lumines and then slipped slowly into mediocrity and death.

Thankfully Q! no longer owns Meteos and Lumines and both are in the hands of the original creator.

Although you can consider this a bad thing if you hate mobile, because that is all he is planning on doing right now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Meteos is owned by Namco, isn't it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Meteos is owned by Namco, isn't it?

If it was, it's not anymore.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/mobcast-enhance-games-acquire-lumines-meteos-ips

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quick someone stop me from spending $30 on puzzle and dragons

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't do it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Do it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Awesome! posted:

You can buy like three older, better games with that money instead. Don't be a wiener.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

codenameFANGIO posted:

You can buy like three older, better games with that money instead. Don't be a wiener.
normally i might find this compelling but theres not much i want right now and i have a $25 amazon gift card to use on splatoon next week. you win again nintendo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

You fuckin' wiener. :mad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Actually I take that back. Please enjoy your game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Target idoing buy 2, get 1 free on 3DS games right now (plus free shipping for $25+ purchases): http://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3ds-video-games/-/N-5xfnr

Eligible games:

Smash
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon OR/AS
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Luigi's Mansion
Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Tomodachi Life
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Codename STEAM

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have every single one of those games except nsmb2.......

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hit a roadblock in Stretchmo (2D Excitebiker in the NES Expo) so I went back to dick around in Pushmo and Crashmo.

Pushmo is holding up less the more I try it. It plays by different rules in terms of jumping, like being able to jump out of situations where there's blocks directly over your head. Makes a lot of the puzzles less obvious to solve after playing Crashmo and Stretchmo. Not sure if I'm ever going to beat it at this rate.

Crashmo I managed to get deeper into the bonus levels than I was before. Crashmo owns. Buy Crashmo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Awesome! posted:

It's two games in one for thirty dollars. I've been enjoying myself with both games but then again I've played a fair amount of the mobile version so it's been easy enough to jump into.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I just want the N64 version of Battletanks with new textures and online MP.

Is that so much to ask?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

US dudes, Target idoing buy 2, get 1 free on 3DS games right now (plus free shipping for $25+ purchases): http://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3ds-video-games/-/N-5xfnr

Eligible games:

Smash
Pokemon OR/AS
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Luigi's Mansion
Tomodachi Life
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Codename STEAM

Is that in store too?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think so.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Ok. I work at a Target, so I'll just check when I go into work tomorrow. :v:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is that in store too?

I saw it in store yesterday. Every game on that list had a tag at my local Target except Codename: STEAM, but that could be because it didn't look like someone had adhered them very firmly, and it fell off.

I now own all of those games except NSMB2 and Codename: STEAM. I also picked up Puzzle & Dragons, because I clearly hated money yesterday. :homebrew: You win again, Nintendo... You always do.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Eligible games:

Smash
Pokemon OR/AS
Pokemon X/Y
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Luigi's Mansion
Tomodachi Life
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Codename STEAM

Their mobile site doesn't seem to say, any idea how long this goes?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the 3DS Monkey Ball game any good?

Short answer: No.

Slightly longer answer: gently caress no. It is goddamn terrible! It is almost impossible to fall off the edges. They made the game WAY too drat easy.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Their mobile site doesn't seem to say, any idea how long this goes?

Offer expires May 30th. It's on the mobile site hidden at the bottom.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Awesome! posted:

I got it on Friday and it's addictive, help

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I would like if stores sold eshop codes for those kinds of deals.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I dont know whether it's because i'm poo poo at megaman style games or something but Azure Striker Gunvolt is loving hard.

Like, for each of the bosses, i barely scraped by and i've pretty much hit a wall at this boss rush second last mission. The last megaman game i played was the X on the SNES and i dont remember it being this hard (with each boss having an exploitable weakness), but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking.

Hell, it basically feels like there are boss attacks that you are just supposed to take damage on and there's at least one who has an instakill move if you don't kill it fast enough

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Kin posted:

I dont know whether it's because i'm poo poo at megaman style games or something but Azure Striker Gunvolt is loving hard.

Like, for each of the bosses, i barely scraped by and i've pretty much hit a wall at this boss rush second last mission. The last megaman game i played was the X on the SNES and i dont remember it being this hard (with each boss having an exploitable weakness), but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking.

Hell, it basically feels like there are boss attacks that you are just supposed to take damage on and there's at least one who has an instakill move if you don't kill it fast enough

Yeah, it's hard. 2nd boss rush had me stuck for a while.

I don't remember the specifics, but as long as you have energy, most shots don't damage you.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yeah, it's hard. 2nd boss rush had me stuck for a while.

I don't remember the specifics, but as long as you have energy, most shots don't damage you.

There's maybe a specific piece of equipment that does that. The boss i'm stuck on is the one that's not part of the man bad guys, the religious zealot type person who's anime name i've forgotten. Her loving moves are just too powerful from the one that stops your electricity ability for a good 20 seconds if just one of the particles hits you to the beam that fills up like 90% of your navigationable area, turning you to stone letting her just blow away whatever remains of your health.

I can see that there's kind of a pattern to it but it seems like you'd need to be a twitch kiddy just to get past the fights.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you're not using them already, you have health/EP recovery skills.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Motto posted:

If you're not using them already, you have health/EP recovery skills.

Yeah, i use those liberally. I'm just so bad at the game i just struggle to avoid getting hit enough.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
With the right equipment set (and I don't really remember what it is off the top of my head) you can be, like, literally unkillable as long as you're standing still. It's really easy to break the game and beat it if you get creative with your setup, it's getting good ranks and stuff that makes it hard. Keep an eye out for any skills that say they reduce/cap your score on a stage just for using them because most of those are the really broken ones

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tender Bender posted:

I would like if stores sold eshop codes for those kinds of deals.

Same. There are three games in there that I want to buy, but it's the year 2015. I'm through with physical media.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Hey can some of you jerks who've played Bravely Default give my your friend code thing so I can use Abilinks that would be swell

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jadaris posted:

Hey can some of you jerks who've played Bravely Default give my your friend code thing so I can use Abilinks that would be swell

2019-9640-8228 (Healbot)

Got every job maxed.

Edit: You didn't post your code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Healbot posted:

2019-9640-8228 (Healbot)

Got every job maxed.

Edit: You didn't post your code.

ooh do me 2466-3759-6144