Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Whomever is designing the armors on the latest Arkham game really is dropping the ball. Everything looks like their boss kept coming to their desk and saying "NO MAKE IT MORE TACTICAL. MORE TACTICAL."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like it.
In my head that's the first, original design of the Beyond suit then in the future something something neurotactical polymers something something nanobots in skin bam, skintight regular Beyond suit.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

mind the walrus posted:

Whomever is designing the armors on the latest Arkham game really is dropping the ball. Everything looks like their boss kept coming to their desk and saying "NO MAKE IT MORE TACTICAL. MORE TACTICAL."

This but that's exactly why I really like it.

I love this idea of Batman as an overdesigned Ultimate SWAT Man who chases dope pushers with a tank and has tasers over his knuckles and smoke grenade launchers on his knees so he can snap-kick smoke bombs through windows and is wearing bulletproof dragonscale with rocket boosters fixed to his rear end.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 24, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can really appreciate it from that angle, but then Poe's Law and the reaction of some fans just bums me out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Professor Wayne posted:

I was actually digging that redesign of Batman Beyond until I realized it wasn't empty. Why even pretend to have traditional cowl when it's a full mask?

That's what made me like it. It looks like a open screaming mouth. What store is that a pre order bonus at?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's me I'm the idiot baby who chokes up a little at "in death, I will love you forever" :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Batman Beyond one wouldn't be so bad if they weren't calling it "Batman Beyond" instead of just some generic future Batman costume.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It doesn't even work as that, unless you believe that in the future we will be so bad at connecting things to other things we'll have to use straps.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

muscles like this? posted:

That Batman Beyond one wouldn't be so bad if they weren't calling it "Batman Beyond" instead of just some generic future Batman costume.

Should have gone with "Batman in the Future".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LoonShia posted:

Should have gone with "Batman of the Future".

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
"Another Awful Future: Starring a Batman"

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
Time for another Marvel/DC crossover?

Batman 2099

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A good explanation as to why so many female super heroes wear leotard-type outfits - they can hide them under normal clothes.

Terra forgot hers and had to fight trolls and ogres in her underpants.
drat, PG is a strict mentor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The more Power Girl people post, the less I want to read it.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That run was really funny but they did not make even a pretense of toning down the fanservice

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

fanservice

Don't call it that.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's just a little fun for the fans!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

It's just a little fun for the fans!

Fanservice used to mean like, Wolverine and Colossus doing the fastball special. Then anime people started using it to mean tits, and I won't let it spread to comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dude likes his fanservice restricted to Wolverine and Colossus. We don't judge.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's just not what the word means, drat it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It can be both.

I feel like tits are often equally or even more-so service for the artist though. I know I'd like work better if I was drawing sexy ladies all day.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lurdiak posted:

The more Power Girl people post, the less I want to read it.

Lurdiak hates fun.

Unless it's Ms. marvel, but I suspect that's a blind-squirrels-finding-acorns kind of a thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Lurdiak hates fun.

Unless it's Ms. marvel, but I suspect that's a blind-squirrels-finding-acorns kind of a thing.

I love Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Marvel Adventures, Mini Marvels, and Hawkeye, too. But all I ever see posted of Power Girl is "ironic" tit flashes disguised as humor. I just don't get the appeal. I can just buy Tarot instead.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

That run was really funny but they did not make even a pretense of toning down the fanservice

Looks about normal to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Power Girl, your vagina is haunted!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Say Nothing posted:

A good explanation as to why so many female super heroes wear leotard-type outfits - they can hide them under normal clothes.

Terra forgot hers and had to fight trolls and ogres in her underpants.
drat, PG is a strict mentor.

If you forgot your gym kit you'll play in your pants.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Just for you, Lurdiak, here is the part with her cat

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Harime Nui posted:

Just for you, Lurdiak, here is the part with her cat

You realize 2 different panels feature her wearing panties in that, right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you can't relate to walking around the house in your underpants the vast majority of the time, you're living wrong.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Hell, I'm doing it now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Not any more skimpy than her usual costume though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought we agreed, it's skimpy so she can hide in under her normal clothes.

And the boob window is because... er.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gonna agree that referring to nudity and sexy poses as "fanservice" is one of those creepy in-group things that make regular folk uncomfortable and contributes to the image of the grody neckbeard basement nerds.

I get the feeling like they never worked out what to do about Power Girl, and attempts to lean into the whole sex-appeal thing ironically have had mixed results. At least each of those pages has some kind of joke going on (even the hobo blearily cheers-ing them while they change) but they're not convincing me to read more.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Say Nothing posted:

Boob sweat can cause chaffing, since her sweat is also kryptonian even Power Girl is vulnerable to it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

If that was remotely true it wouldn't have sleeves or shoulders.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Honestly it's weirder that in some of them she's laying around her house casually in her superhero outfit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Honestly it's weirder that in some of them she's laying around her house casually in her superhero outfit.

Nah, I figure that's just "I'll get dressed for work ten minutes early so I won't be late this time" kinda thing, panel 8 is the one where I don't think this page makes much sense if you're saying Power Girl isn't always fanservice.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Power Girl is p. much constant fanservice

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Amanda Conner's Power Girl is basically a PG-13 Tijuana bible with better writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Amanda Conner's Power Girl is basically a PG-13 Tijuana bible with better writing.

And there's nothing really wrong with that

• Locked thread