Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

KillHour posted:

It goes in your uterus, not your vagina. The only thing in your vagina for him to even have a chance of feeling is a thin thread to give something for the doctor to pull it back out with, which he probably won't feel anyways (and almost certainly won't mind, in either case).

How do you figure it's going to find its way in your butt, exactly?

Planned Parenthood Federation posted:

The IUD never travels to the heart, brain, or any other part of the body outside the abdomen. The IUD normally stays within the uterus like a seed within a shell. Rarely, the IUD may come through (perforate) the wall of the uterus into the abdominal cavity. This is most often due to a mistake during insertion. Proper insertion technique can help prevent many problems, such as infection, expulsion, and perforation. If uterine perforation is suspected within 6 weeks after insertion or if it is suspected later and is causing symptoms, refer the client for evaluation to a clinician experienced at removing such IUDs. Usually, however, the out-of-place IUD causes no problems and should be left where it is. The woman will need another contraceptive method.

I know, I know. Very rare, and it's probably not going to end up in my GI, but perforation scares me.

And yes, the little string that comes out of the cervix is what worries me. I have just heard a few people complaining about it, is all.

edit: I know I am being a goof. I like to panic about stuff; example, after starting Micronor I was obsessed with the idea of all my bones suddenly shattering.

cash crab fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

cash crab posted:

I know, I know. Very rare, and it's probably not going to end up in my GI, but perforation scares me.

And yes, the little string that comes out of the cervix is what worries me. I have just heard a few people complaining about it, is all.

edit: I know I am being a goof. I like to panic about stuff; example, after starting Micronor I was obsessed with the idea of all my bones suddenly shattering.

Perforation/IUDs scared me a lot less after lurking in the BC thread for a while and seeing people happy with their IUDs/how low the number of perforations are. That might help with the real-panic, while you can continue to have fun with the silly-panic of the string poking out your ear or somesuch.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

KillHour posted:

I especially like how normal condoms aren't all that much better than pulling out, anyways.

I'd suggest the guy whose wife just came off BC in preparation to have a baby just use withdraw - anecdotally my wife and I used it for seven years without as much as a scare, it can work if you know when to pull out.

And even if it fails you're planning on having a baby anyways, right?

cash crab posted:

My wife has had her mirena for almost two years now. She doesn't even notice the string, it's been a long time (over a year?) since I felt it - and even when I did it wasn't any worse than having teeth lightly scraped across the head of my penis during a blowjob. Which admittedly I'm kind of into, I guess that could be a deal breaker if you're not.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jyrraeth posted:

Perforation/IUDs scared me a lot less after lurking in the BC thread for a while and seeing people happy with their IUDs/how low the number of perforations are. That might help with the real-panic, while you can continue to have fun with the silly-panic of the string poking out your ear or somesuch.

LOL. Okay, good to know. Thanks.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Jedit posted:

I'd love to know where you heard this. Every person I've heard express an opinion about femidoms is that they're like shagging a freezer bag.
They don't constrict at all (obviously) so bigger guys tend to like them. It does make a weird, funny sound, but apparently it's better than having your dick strangled.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Anne Whateley posted:

They don't constrict at all (obviously) so bigger guys tend to like them. It does make a weird, funny sound, but apparently it's better than having your dick strangled.

I listen to Dan Savage in this area since I pull out and my partner is on hormonal pills, he said that female condoms are better if latex condoms don't feel good, but that may have been for butt sex as opposed to piv now that I think about it...

hoobajoo posted:

After about 2 months, whatever side effects are left are pretty much there to stay, so if you're not there yet, it may well go away. If it doesn't, the two most common approaches are lowering dose and/or supplementing with an antidepressant that doesn't cause the same side effect or will counteract the SSRI's side effects. The most common one is Welbutrin (Bupropion), which tends to increase sex drive and sensation.

Yeah, this is the new normal for pretty much as long as you're on the SSRI. It sucks, but I've found that mindful breathing or pot helps with the dysfunction and hypoxia and/or butt stuff helps with the anorgasmia. Take that how you want to, just don't strangle yourself, or put your head in a bag, or do anything that causes blood clots, or do anything that can keep you from getting oxygen if/when you lose consciousness from lack of blood to the brain. No one wants to find the corpse of the guy who died for sexual gratification

Welbutrin is a total crap shoot, it fucks with a lot of stuff in your brain and can be good or bad, depending on how much you like having predictable reactions to psychoactive substances. Try it, besides, if you already have sexual dysfunction and a condition that necessitates SSRI's in the first place, it's not like it can make things too much worse. Unless you're like me and get horrible migraines without the SSRI to balance out the Welbutrin

E: I have yet to find another person who got those migraines, so you have to be reeeeaaaaallllyyy unlucky to get legitimately bad side effects from it. Most of them are just annoying, like no alcohol tolerance, drugs behaving completely different than they used to or not feeling hungry

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 25, 2015

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My girlfriend has an IUD and while I've felt the string it's been maybe three times in the past three years. It was a little uncomfortable but not hugely so.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GoodBee posted:

I looked it up once but they only wanted your eggs if you were under 24 with multiple healthy children.

Sorry, just saw this. I'm definitely older than that, and have no children. The thing is, I have a friend who has to get both of her ovaries removed soon, and she asked if in a couple of years, I could like.. lend her an egg or two. I'm not using them by any stretch. My family doesn't tend towards cancers or any weird genetic stuff. Would they allow that?

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

cash crab posted:

Sorry, just saw this. I'm definitely older than that, and have no children. The thing is, I have a friend who has to get both of her ovaries removed soon, and she asked if in a couple of years, I could like.. lend her an egg or two. I'm not using them by any stretch. My family doesn't tend towards cancers or any weird genetic stuff. Would they allow that?

It's probably simpler for her to get some eggs frozen if they can rather than have you donate, it's a lot more invasive and time consuming than donating sperm, it involves multiple hormone injections for a pretty long time at the very least.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

ilysespieces posted:

It's probably simpler for her to get some eggs frozen if they can rather than have you donate, it's a lot more invasive and time consuming than donating sperm, it involves multiple hormone injections for a pretty long time at the very least.

Okay, good to know. I didn't want to flat out refuse her if it was easier for me to donate, but if it's not, she can ice her own. Thanks!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Welbutrin is a total crap shoot, it fucks with a lot of stuff in your brain and can be good or bad, depending on how much you like having predictable reactions to psychoactive substances. Try it, besides, if you already have sexual dysfunction and a condition that necessitates SSRI's in the first place, it's not like it can make things too much worse. Unless you're like me and get horrible migraines without the SSRI to balance out the Welbutrin

E: I have yet to find another person who got those migraines, so you have to be reeeeaaaaallllyyy unlucky to get legitimately bad side effects from it. Most of them are just annoying, like no alcohol tolerance, drugs behaving completely different than they used to or not feeling hungry

Basically all psychoactive medication is a kind of crapshoot, there's no guarantees. But my point stands as written, it IS the most common antidepressant used to balance out an SSRI's sexual side effects (as well as weight gain and lethargy), and does tend to increase libido. For some people this will come with other, new side effects, but Wellbutrin is actually one of the more agreeable meds in that department.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

cash crab posted:

It's unlikely the fertility docs would go for the idea if you'll be much over 30 at the time. That said, I donated (to friends) when I was over 30 and it wasn't a huge deal. The annoying part is the fertility shots and the no loving until they harvest your eggs.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's unlikely the fertility docs would go for the idea if you'll be much over 30 at the time. That said, I donated (to friends) when I was over 30 and it wasn't a huge deal. The annoying part is the fertility shots and the no loving until they harvest your eggs.

It's becoming more and more likely that I'm going to tell her to freeze her own eggs at this point, or maybe have another friend donate. She didn't want to freeze her own because there's a family history of cancer (hence the ovary removal) and other genetic funtimes she doesn't want to pass on. :shrug: Oh, well.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
I like that popping noise where a guy is going in and out and you're really wet and you two look into each others faces while he's jackhammering like "ahuhehh yeah this is happening" I think that's my kink

I think this was first accurately shown in the first season of treme by Antoine Batiste

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

hoobajoo posted:

Basically all psychoactive medication is a kind of crapshoot, there's no guarantees. But my point stands as written, it IS the most common antidepressant used to balance out an SSRI's sexual side effects (as well as weight gain and lethargy), and does tend to increase libido. For some people this will come with other, new side effects, but Wellbutrin is actually one of the more agreeable meds in that department.
Wellbutrin is a go-to for all sorts of reasons besides the balancing out part but it's mostly because it's so old and well studied by now that it's among the lowest risk anti-depressants to prescribe to anyone so it truly is a sort of "gateway" if you could call it that. It's similar to Mircette among birth control pills for being so well studied. I don't think I've had any increased libido on it, but I definitely am hungrier than before and I eat a truckload of food already to begin with (I'm underweight so I consider this a Good Thing).

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Purely anecodotal, but MY GIRLFRIEND was on Wellbutrin for about a week, and it made her crazy as a loon; shrieking and crying about how carpets were BULLSHIT, and bookshelves were DEATHTRAPS THAT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED IN HOUSES.

Long story short, even the safe bets can turn out poorly; have a plan in mind for if any psychiatric medicine has unpleasant side effects.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

To be fair, she's completely correct about carpets. gently caress carpets.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can sexual activity still be called "play" if it gets someone pregnant

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Jewce posted:

drat, that's interesting about the twins. My wife has also been on around 10 years. I'll definitely keep that in mind. She's starting to track her ovulation and stuff but her body is still all whacked since this is her first month off.

Just to add to this, I know "everyone" says that it'll take her body a long time to get rid of the hormones and be ready to make babies, but it's not at all the rule everyone seems to think it is. I had one period before I got pregnant, after being on the pill for 14 years. It's pretty common. So unless you wouldn't mind an early start on the baby-making, definitely be vigilant about using protection until you're both good and ready.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Major Fucker posted:

can sexual activity still be called "play" if it gets someone pregnant

No, it's called Kid n Play then.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Sex thread.

Interesting to read about all the birth control choices on offer, my girlfriend has been using an implant in her arm, I believe it's called Impalon or Nepalon or something similar. She's had zero issues with it, this is her second implant and 4 years later we aren't parents yet and I just wondered why more people don't use these implants and if they don't what reasons/negatives/downfalls come with them?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The original name was Implanon. They made a tiny tweak to the material (just so it shows up on X-rays) and now the new version is Nexplanon. They are baller, I got my first one like 8 years ago? and haven't shut up in the birth control thread since and have made some converts!

I don't know why nobody knows about it. It's the most effective birth control there is, lasts 3 years, installation/removal is fast and easy, fertility returns quickly, no estrogen so fewer risks and side effects. But even doctors often aren't aware of it -- even if I go in for a sore throat, after they ask what meds I'm on, everyone in the office wants to feel my implant. I actually saw an ad for the first time ever a couple weeks ago, so fingers crossed more people will hear of it.

The main negative side effect is irregular bleeding. About 30% of people end up with no period at all, including me which I love. But other people can spot at random and obviously that's not fun.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 4, 2015

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting, here in Scotland most of my female friends who have ever discussed birth control in front of me say they use it but outside of that I don't hear it get mentioned, ever.

It's interesting you mention the period thing, my girlfriend tells me she had horrible problems with heavy bleeding pre-implant but as of now she's period free for the past 4 years.

edit: She does get occasional stomach cramps but I think she had those before the implant too

Ramagamma fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 4, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Ramagamma posted:

Interesting, here in Scotland most of my female friends who have ever discussed birth control in front of me say they use it but outside of that I don't hear it get mentioned, ever.

It's interesting you mention the period thing, my girlfriend tells me she had horrible problems with heavy bleeding pre-implant but as of now she's period free for the past 4 years.

edit: She does get occasional stomach cramps but I think she had those before the implant too

My experience has been the IUD is more popular and higher profile, and it accomplishes the same thing (long-term reversible birth control). Both seem very good, but maybe there's not much need for two similar products, and the IUD is winning the popularity contest for whatever reason.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Ramagamma posted:

Hey Sex thread.

Interesting to read about all the birth control choices on offer, my girlfriend has been using an implant in her arm, I believe it's called Impalon or Nepalon or something similar. She's had zero issues with it, this is her second implant and 4 years later we aren't parents yet and I just wondered why more people don't use these implants and if they don't what reasons/negatives/downfalls come with them?

My partner had one and it made her constantly so, so furious and unable to be physically touched in any way, at all, ever. She took a lot of it out on me because she knew it was safe to. It wasn't a good scene at all. Once it was out, she was back to her wonderful sweetheart self within about a week.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

I had it (Scotland too) and it was okay but I prefer the coil. I just didn't like the idea of having something embedded in my arm, which I realise is stupid because the coil is a foreign body inserted into me too but I can't see it or feel it so it's easier to forget about. Also the insertion and extraction were pretty sore (especially the extraction). But if I couldn't get the coil any more it would be my second choice and I know a lot of other women that have it.

Mathematics
Jun 22, 2011
Nexplanon can cause ridiculous, spotty periods that last pretty much forever. Or your period can go away completely which can be disconcerting for some people.

I know a girl who had her period for 6 months straight essentially until she got it removed.

That's why I don't go for it.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do women like it when you slap their pussy like a bongo? i'm going to keep doing it either way but i'm curious

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Ramagamma posted:

Hey Sex thread.

If it's a progestin-only implant then it also carries the risk of bone density loss. I'm on a minipill at the moment and I've been advised to take supplements and weight lift to try and counteract it. I would recommend your girlfriend also keeping an eye on her bone density since it usually begins to affect bone density after about two years.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A Major Fucker posted:

do women like it when you slap their pussy like a bongo? i'm going to keep doing it either way but i'm curious

Work in flicking their nipples like a crash symbol and stomping on their feet like a high-hat.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Whats up with me where I like to suck dick a lot more when I'm high than I do when I'm not high? I'm a woman if that matters.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

misty mountaintop posted:

Whats up with me where I like to suck dick a lot more when I'm high than I do when I'm not high? I'm a woman if that matters.

It's only related if you try lighting his balls on fire and then trying to pull them off so you can get a proper hit.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That's called "horniness".

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

hoobajoo posted:

That's called "horniness".

Nah. I know what it is to be horny, this is something more than that. Like dick goes from being a taste I can stand to tasting really good when I'm high.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
Dick tastes good all the time and I'm never high so ???

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

This is pretty much what happens to my wife when high. And the wives/girlfriends of everyone I know well enough to discuss such things when high.

:420: is pretty awesome in that regard.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Another reason I wish I could try weed without getting really loving fired. Stupid federal contractor jobs.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Agreed, I got laid off in late March and have been on a long term break in preparation for the inevitable new hire drug test (start a new job Monday so that should be soon.) It's pretty awesome when you're on the receiving end as well.

How often do you have to submit a test? I've had two jobs in the last 11 years and have taken approximately one drug test for each, seems that in the private sector as long as you don't let it affect your job performance or you don't have a work related accident they don't give a gently caress.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Geoj posted:

work related accident

Other than for a new hire, this is the only reason I'm aware of for most places to have you submit to a drug test. I'd like to smoke every now and then, but I've just started a new job in manufacturing and don't want to risk getting fired cuz I smoked a bowl a week before some minor accident. Also I am totes jelly of yall's girlfriends getting horny when they're high, mine just wants to eat cereal and watch Black Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Reynold posted:

Also I am totes jelly of yall's girlfriends getting horny when they're high, mine just wants to eat cereal and watch Black Dynamite.

That's my fiancé except replace cereal with Slim Jims and watch anything with play Witcher 3 and I'm stuck sulking because he won't let me do dirty things to him. But I'm used to that, I've got the higher libido in our relationship by a good amount. But it's even higher when I'm higher, for sure. It's kind of annoying.