Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Anemone Heart on hard is pretty cool. I can see a lot of the chart as a stepping stone for some of the Super Hard charts because of all the time spent doing two things at once, except at half speed compared to the latter.

Also this next event is probably the first time I will be shooting for a tier 2. I hope 15 or so gems will be enough?

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Finally managed to survive Otomeshiki Renai Juku on Expert with the Perfect Lock team, then survived it again with the high score team for the S rank (score, not full combo). That is not a chart to play before breakfast. Also several failures and saying goodbye quite a bit of LP during an event where I need to be grabbing as many tokens as possible.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I have no clue what a perfect lock team is or even if I have any girls with perfect lock.

But I do have a team that basically just is made to give me stamina or ease on timing a bit. I only need to use that for event/daily hards. I'm not amazing enough to touch expert yet.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Took me 39 tries but I finally did it I don't have to play this song anymore

IAmTheRad posted:

I have no clue what a perfect lock team is or even if I have any girls with perfect lock.

But I do have a team that basically just is made to give me stamina or ease on timing a bit. I only need to use that for event/daily hards. I'm not amazing enough to touch expert yet.

Perfect lock is a skill some cards have(mainly the SR/UR cards, as well as the new Rs) that does what its name implies: lock the timing to be nothing but Perfects for a few seconds. A perfect lock team basically has cards with that skill, made to help full combo songs. The thing is these cards may not be the same color of Smile/Pure/Cool so your score may suffer, so you sacrifice scoring for full combo(like in my picture above). Stamina teams are fine if you're just trying to clear a difficult song, though.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Aku posted:

Perfect lock is a skill some cards have(mainly the SR/UR cards, as well as the new Rs) that does what its name implies: lock the timing to be nothing but Perfects for a few seconds. A perfect lock team basically has cards with that skill, made to help full combo songs. The thing is these cards may not be the same color of Smile/Pure/Cool so your score may suffer, so you sacrifice scoring for full combo(like in my picture above). Stamina teams are fine if you're just trying to clear a difficult song, though.

The closest thing I have to Perfect lock is something that relaxes the timing a bit. I don't need to be perfect, but it makes it easier to get a perfect.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

IAmTheRad posted:

The closest thing I have to Perfect lock is something that relaxes the timing a bit. I don't need to be perfect, but it makes it easier to get a perfect.

Crap, my mistake. The new Rare cards allow for slight ease of timing, not the same as regular perfect lock. I only briefly used them to max their bonds. haha

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yeah the new Rares will only turn GREATs into PERFECTs and that's it. IIRC the ones that fix your Goods are Super Rare and above.

Aku posted:

I'd try 39 times but I think I'd end up suffering a stroke or something. Left + Both + Left + Both + Left + Shift positions + Left +Bothleftobgrtaikunhiotguntgihyabnrtipghybnaeriotyhnr

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
The worst part is after finally getting that pattern down, it's getting 1/2 goods somewhere in the double notes or right-side scales; I'm left-handed so I usually have trouble with the right hand side, which is why it took me forever to FC Garasu no Hanazono EX and still can't do Mermaid Festa 2 during those two REALLY crazy parts.

On the plus side, I now have 1200+ event points. Now to wait for 4x/EX/Random!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Looks like I made the right decision to just hoard gems since my friend looked in the future JP updates and saw that we'll be getting vouchers instead of lousy gems for doing 11-draws in the future. :peanut:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Got my tier 2 event rewards, but that cost me something like 25 gems. Would have been fewer if I wasn't messing around with failing the super hard Expert songs while gathering event tokens. Cutoff for the squirrel Honoka card was 20,269 points

Meanwhile, I've failed to realize that the post-event promotion Honor Student drawings are great for getting two copies of the same SR or UR card. Just not the one I want :v:

Chill la Chill posted:

Looks like I made the right decision to just hoard gems since my friend looked in the future JP updates and saw that we'll be getting vouchers instead of lousy gems for doing 11-draws in the future. :peanut:
What the vouchers redeemable for? If I could at least take my pick of an SR card, it would be extremely worth it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Thanks to the advice in the thread, I got through the first event, and pulled 11 Honor Students this morning.

I guess my next goal is to get an S ranking on all of the Hard songs. Should I be spending all my exp trying to level up my Ultra Rare / Super Rare guys to their max levels first, or spreading it evenly amongst the members of a team?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

only 2 new girls from the 11 pull. 1 SR, of course...

What a failure this time.
That's been 23 pulls from the rare machine which includes the one you begin with.

Should I feed off the dupes if I already have the idol'd version of them?

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 30, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

IAmTheRad posted:

only 2 new girls from the 11 pull. 1 SR, of course...

What a failure this time.
That's been 23 pulls from the rare machine which includes the one you begin with.

Should I feed off the dupes if I already have the idol'd version of them?

Yes. Do note that you can level the Skill of a card if you feed it a card with the same skill name (Rhythmical Charm, Timer Yell, Total Trick, etc.).

vvv fffffffuuuuuuu--old players will retroactively get vouchers based on rank, that's fantastic for me

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 30, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Got my tier 2 event rewards, but that cost me something like 25 gems. Would have been fewer if I wasn't messing around with failing the super hard Expert songs while gathering event tokens. Cutoff for the squirrel Honoka card was 20,269 points

Meanwhile, I've failed to realize that the post-event promotion Honor Student drawings are great for getting two copies of the same SR or UR card. Just not the one I want :v:

What the vouchers redeemable for? If I could at least take my pick of an SR card, it would be extremely worth it.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Updates/2014#July_31.2C_2014

20%UR rate looks good for people like me. :3: funny enough, I started another app game, soccer spirits, and have gotten ridiculous draws from that so it all balances out.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I have a abundance of Cool. I have a lackluster amount of Pure. My smile amount is just right.

That is just when you look at the Rare or above. All my SR+ are all Cool :smith:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Hey op. Any sex scenes with the girls? Thanks.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Oh hey, it's that guy that spams the pad thread with his reddit memes. No, there aren't any sex scenes.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

beaner69 posted:

Oh hey, it's that guy that spams the pad thread with his reddit memes.

What the...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I am reminded that I should update the OP, it has been a whole year.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The vouchers seem like an infinitely better system than getting 1 gem back per 50 gems you spend on the scouting. Now if only they'd make friend points useful for something too... Or gold for that matter.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AG3 posted:

The vouchers seem like an infinitely better system than getting 1 gem back per 50 gems you spend on the scouting. Now if only they'd make friend points useful for something too... Or gold for that matter.

You can dump all your gold this December when we catch up to Medley Events, where you spend it to get bonus stuff and/or survive the medley of songs you play in succession with no continues(?) and no post-song stamina recovery.

revised OP, new title yes/no?

moved this process off of it because it's a long list and people haven't come to me with issues like this

quote:

Android Troubleshoot
Rooted devices will receive an error and will not be able to play the Love Live! School Idol Festival app.
Listed below are several solutions found to run the app and keep your root.
Note: Try not to install both Xposed and Cydia Substrate at the same time.
Method 1: Disable SuperSU
Method 2: Xposed + RootCloak
1. Install Xposed Framework v2.4.1+
2. Install and run RootCloak
3. Click Add/Remove Apps
4. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.
-Stuck on ORANGE SCREEN: Use an earlier version of RootCloak such as RootCloak v1.3
Method 3: Cydia Substrate + RootCloak Plus
1. Install SELinux Mode Changer and set to Permissive
2. Install Cydia Substrate
3. Link Substrate Files and reboot
4. Install and run RootCloak Plus
5. Click Add/Remove Apps
6. Make sure you see 'klb.lovelive.com_en' (for ENG) or 'klb.android.lovelive' (for JPN). Add if not listed.
-If you are unable to Link Substrate Files: Enable your file manager to have root browsing access, go to '/Vendor', hold down '/lib' and select permissions. Make sure the following are checked (or unchecked): http://prntscr.com/3iw19r
Method 4:
Install the modified .apk version. You will NOT be able to make in-game purchases with this version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy12av2q05sdb8m/root_klb.android.lovelive_en.apk
https://mega.co.nz/#!eZEA3ZxS!7F_JCBBjMb3lNEM-flxEygPV5fOA5aTlYztptZx1ne0
If all else fails, unroot or play on PC.
(Also there is no quit game function, so get ready to :dance: forever)

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 2, 2015

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

You can dump all your gold this December when we catch up to Medley Events, where you spend it to get bonus stuff and/or survive the medley of songs you play in succession with no continues(?) and no post-song stamina recovery.

Huh, that sounds kind of interesting actually.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

AG3 posted:

Huh, that sounds kind of interesting actually.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Medley_Festival

I can't wait for medley events to start on EN because 60LP to run through three EXs in a row? Sign me the gently caress up.

I'll most likely have enough LP for two runs at a time by the time December rolls around. I'm already at 102.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Moldy Taxes posted:

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Medley_Festival

I can't wait for medley events to start on EN because 60LP to run through three EXs in a row? Sign me the gently caress up.

I'll most likely have enough LP for two runs at a time by the time December rolls around. I'm already at 102.

Did you start playing right at release? I'm wondering why I only have 90 LP having done the same.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm at 95 max LP, but I stoned for LP a lot at the lower and mid levels, until my wrist told me that non-stop finger tambourine for 2 hours stretches at a time was not an ergonomically sound thing to do. Then again I also had a break period of a month or so where I barely played, so I guess it evened out a bit.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 3, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm at 100 LP and started when the game came out. Never spent a gem to regain LP. It's funny because the game is made to be played at set times of the day to not waste stamina so you end up taking it like a medicine. It's not as bad with more LP since you can do it during mealtimes just like a real medicine. :smoobles:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

All I need is 3 more LP then I could do a chain of 3 hards in a row. I won't attempt extreme without perfect lock. Last time I did only normals and that didn't get me too far in the rankings. I failed horribly at the hards I tried back then.
I'm better now.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Did you start playing right at release? I'm wondering why I only have 90 LP having done the same.

I use the vast majority of my gems to T2 events. It's kinda cool now because I've noticed that in some of the lowball events like the last Hanayo event, I end up profiting like 5 gems in the end.

Chill la Chill posted:

It's funny because the game is made to be played at set times of the day to not waste stamina so you end up taking it like a medicine. It's not as bad with more LP since you can do it during mealtimes just like a real medicine. :smoobles:

This too. Before I had breaks between classes to do quick 1-2 song spurts, now I can knock out four EX songs in the morning before work, then 4 when I get home in the afternoon. That's nice.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 5, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My friends and I knew we were in too deep when we laughed about how we wouldn't waste any LP by sleeping anymore. :haw:

I can only imagine just how much time those people with insane event numbers go about their daily lives. I mean, ~10 min every morning and evening is still a good chunk of time. I was glad the game came out during summer last year.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chill la Chill posted:

My friends and I knew we were in too deep when we laughed about how we wouldn't waste any LP by sleeping anymore. :haw:

I can only imagine just how much time those people with insane event numbers go about their daily lives. I mean, ~10 min every morning and evening is still a good chunk of time. I was glad the game came out during summer last year.

I took this just a few minutes ago.

Sometimes I am reminded that I am a filthy casual who will never amount to anything in this silly phone tapping game.

Also the bastard full combo'ed the song while I only got a ~350 combo and so he beat me to the first place by about 20k points.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will admit that I lolled at the username.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AG3 posted:

I took this just a few minutes ago.

Sometimes I am reminded that I am a filthy casual who will never amount to anything in this silly phone tapping game.

Also the bastard full combo'ed the song while I only got a ~350 combo and so he beat me to the first place by about 20k points.

Did I accidentally drop the ball on adding you as a Friend or were you not interested in putting up your code?

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 5, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Two weeks later and I think I've convinced myself that I play enough to do the friend code thing : 247632873

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Did I accidentally drop the ball on adding you as a Friend or were you not interested in putting up your code?

Yeah, I never added the code since I've been full up since the start and unlike PAD there's no limit to how many times a friend can be used.

*Edit*

Well, it's 539685384, but I have like 75 received requests that I can't accept since I'm full and declining them one by one is too much work at this point so there's probably not much point in adding me :v:

AG3 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 5, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Processed you for future reference like the uncaring machine that I am. And yeah, I wish cleaning out friend invites wasn't a big hassle.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Trying out LLSIF on an iPhone 6 for the next couple of weeks. Initial impressions: opening splash screen is wider!!!!!11 and the chart timing is synced much more properly than on my Droid for some reason. The built-in speakers got some noticeable bass balance despite being tiny tweeters. Downsides are loading being a bit longer, and my thumbs aren't cooperating with the screen all too well at the corners, don't know if that's something that goes away with break-in.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Well, I have found a problem I had on my all smile team. I didn't have any stamina regenerators on it, so in hard mode a couple of songs in the daily challenge made it so I would just get to a low enough stamina count, so when the next part came that I don't have robotic fingers for and no perfect lock... yet, I would just get deeper and deeper into failure territory. And then lose completely.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Trying out LLSIF on an iPhone 6 for the next couple of weeks. Initial impressions: opening splash screen is wider!!!!!11 and the chart timing is synced much more properly than on my Droid for some reason. The built-in speakers got some noticeable bass balance despite being tiny tweeters. Downsides are loading being a bit longer, and my thumbs aren't cooperating with the screen all too well at the corners, don't know if that's something that goes away with break-in.

These are pretty much the same impressions I had when I first played on my friend's iPhone 6 Plus, and then on my own iPhone 6. My biggest test was Wild Stars Hard: I would drop the charge notes at the beginning because of said timing issues. First try on iPhone, FC no problem. It could've been the issue of my phone being an S3 and newer models are better with syncing, but I can't deny that playing on my iPhone's pretty much perfect.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
145 tries and I finally did it.

Now I have to play this 5 more times to S-S-S it uuuuggghhhhh

P.S.- New event!

finalcake fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, I return to the game after a longass time and the event song is "Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate", which I loved playing in the JP version of the game.

That's a pretty good feeling.

• Locked thread