Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Starting this today!

Hunger Quest: PSLDSLCNZQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

The only major criticism I have on hunger quest is just how many mini delays there are. Waiting for blocks to settle, waiting for the enemy turn, waiting for each action to take place. Like even after you clear a floor, and all the enemies are dead, you still may need to spend 4 turns digging to the door.

I accidently dropped between 2 mages and died, and I swear it took like 18minutes to clear back to that point. Super brutal.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does it run like absolute garbage on anyone else's phone? I've got a Galaxy S4, which isn't exactly state of the art these days, but it's constantly losing connection and loads really slowly.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Not working here either :canada:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

tater_salad posted:

Finish all the quests that bring thr townsflok back to the town.. then you can add allies (itll actuall be on the bottom bar)

I was referring to promo codes. Anybody else able to use them?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Doesn't seem like Hunger Quest is available in Canada. :(

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The code input was there a few days ago. I just checked and it vanished from my end too.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Tomb Raider flavored endless runner Lara Croft: Relic Run is out on the Play Store.

edit: it runs like garbage.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 25, 2015

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

For Pocket mine 2, it says that card effects don't stack. Does anyone know if equipment + card will stack?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Where do I find fish in Seabeard? It keeps telling me 'Doesn't look like there are fish here.' Are they on a different island?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Xtanstic posted:

For Pocket mine 2, it says that card effects don't stack. Does anyone know if equipment + card will stack?

If the equipment uses a plus sign, yes.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Where do I find fish in Seabeard? It keeps telling me 'Doesn't look like there are fish here.' Are they on a different island?

Most islands have beach areas. Just click in the water near the fish.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You'll actually see them swimming around the islands, tap near them to cast

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Use NCFZFUNJE8 to add Khel as a Hunger Quest ally.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dirty Needles posted:

You'll actually see them swimming around the islands, tap near them to cast

Ok, did that, caught two types of fish... And now it still says 0/2 collected, and the quest giver dude doesn't recognize that I've caught 2.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

You need a specific kind.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Fishing blows in that game

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
I guess you can beat IoT

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Horn posted:

I guess you can beat IoT

How many months did that take you?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Horn posted:

I guess you can beat IoT

Reset for 1 Prestige Point!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Does anyone offhand know how to transfer saves between phones for Hungry Cat Picross? I tried signing up on the Tuesday Quest forums to ask but I have to wait for my account to be approved, so I'll ask here in the meantime. :(

Edit: Alternatively, does anyone know why I'm getting network errors on my old device when I want to play the current Tuesday quest? I have access to the older seasons, and can connect to my Google+ account on my old device, due to wi-fi and all, but I can't do current Tuesday quests. Odd...

Morter fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 26, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
If they don't provide a way to sync with your Google Account, or worse yet your Facebook, or some godawful custom recovery system... then you're going to need a file browser and possibly root to get the files from the apps directory.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Are there any good Turn Based RPGs out? Preferably free, but I'll be ok with spending a little bit of coin, just not $20 worth of coin.

I'm not whatsoever interested in action games because they all control like poo poo.

What about city building, "check back later" games, without a p2w element?

Adventure Book games are fine too. Basically something I can play for five minutes between calls.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Morter posted:

Does anyone offhand know how to transfer saves between phones for Hungry Cat Picross? I tried signing up on the Tuesday Quest forums to ask but I have to wait for my account to be approved, so I'll ask here in the meantime. :(

I've used Helium for a long time to back up and transfer saves between devices, and I've had very few issues with it during that time. You don't need root but you do have to connect your phone(s) via USB to a PC program to enable it.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 26, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Right yeah, that should also work. I found its auto backups (while rooted) to be extremely flakey, so I just gave up on it. Most of the games I care about have been updated to the new google sign in paradigm anyways.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I had gotten a few back up failures when I first started using it but I haven't gotten any in a long time now. The app still has its quirks, like not being able to estimate the size of the back up, which for some games I found out can be well over a hundred MBs (most are less than 10MBs though).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 26, 2015

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Morter posted:

Edit: Alternatively, does anyone know why I'm getting network errors on my old device when I want to play the current Tuesday quest? I have access to the older seasons, and can connect to my Google+ account on my old device, due to wi-fi and all, but I can't do current Tuesday quests. Odd...

I'm pretty sure that's a problem on their end because I'm having the same issue on all of my devices as well.

Edit:

Tuesday Quest's Facebook Page posted:

Hi!

You may have noticed that Tuesday Level is no more available since two days. It's an issue with our server provider. A connection peak on friday put the server into a sort of "protected mode" against attacks. And then also filters Tuesday Level requests
unsure emoticon

We don't know why there was such a peak on friday (we see peaks but only on Tuesday and like five time less than what we have seen friday).

We are waiting for more info from our provider on how to solve this before tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well there you go.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are there any good Turn Based RPGs out? Preferably free, but I'll be ok with spending a little bit of coin, just not $20 worth of coin.

I'm not whatsoever interested in action games because they all control like poo poo.

Adventure Book games are fine too. Basically something I can play for five minutes between calls.

Interested in the city building thing as well but don't think they'll have one that's not f2p

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There are NO good city building games. F2p isnt really city building its wait for stuff that almost looks like progress to happen.

Transport tycoon is it folks.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

tater_salad posted:

There are NO good city building games. F2p isnt really city building its wait for stuff that almost looks like progress to happen.

Transport tycoon is it folks.

OpenTTD has come a long way. I remember it as this clunky port like freeciv, but nowadays it absolutely rocks. Full support for desktop saves, mods, multiplayer and a pretty good android UI. What more do you want.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Private Speech posted:

OpenTTD has come a long way. I remember it as this clunky port like freeciv, but nowadays it absolutely rocks. Full support for desktop saves, mods, multiplayer and a pretty good android UI. What more do you want.

OpenTTD is stellar on an actual PC/laptop, but I've heard people say the Android port is pretty sub-par, mainly in that the controls are clunky. Is this just outdated info, or has it gotten better?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Drone posted:

OpenTTD is stellar on an actual PC/laptop, but I've heard people say the Android port is pretty sub-par, mainly in that the controls are clunky. Is this just outdated info, or has it gotten better?

It's a little better. It's still a bit clunky on a small screen phone, but you can change the resolution and button size to make it work. It's certainly a lot better than I remember it being 2 years ago or so.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I like the games where you build and there's timers but hate IAP where if you don't buy it'll take years

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Can't wait to act surprised when Roller Coaster Tycoon World gets announced for mobile and pisses on Chris Sawyer's design

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Segmentation Fault posted:

Can't wait to act surprised when Roller Coaster Tycoon World gets announced for mobile and pisses on Chris Sawyer's design

Won't be the first time.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Private Speech posted:

It's a little better. It's still a bit clunky on a small screen phone, but you can change the resolution and button size to make it work. It's certainly a lot better than I remember it being 2 years ago or so.

I'm on a Nexus 7 so maybe I'll give it a whirl. About the only thing I can see being really annoying on a tablet would be managing signals.

Drone fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 26, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Kind of along the lines you're looking for- once this is released to the world, it will scratch the itch: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scopely.headshot

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^^ looks to be a reskin of rebuild which is pretty good

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Drone posted:

I'm on a Nexus 7 so maybe I'll give it a whirl. About the only thing I can see being really annoying on a tablet would be managing signals.

The biggest thing actually is getting used to deselecting stuff when building unless you actually want to place it, otherwise it gets in the way of scrolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One more on the Hunger Quest bandwagon, though I won't post my code 'cause I'm already full up just from entering ones from the thread.

What are rainbow chips used for apart from pouch expansion?

The energy thing is annoying until one follows the following steps: 1) Load up on allies 2) Enter a dungeon from the beginning 3) Dive and collect coffins for energy