Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Capsaicin posted:

I started playing The Witcher. The first one, not the new one. Anything that's not on the wiki? I feel like in battle, I'm just waiting until my sword turns to fire and then I'm clicking again.

The first Act is notoriously long-winded despite having little meat on it. If you find yourself getting bored with it, feel free to skip the side-quests and rush through the main one. Acts 2 and beyond are much, much better by comparison.

Also, regularly check in with the royal huntsman in all areas, some monster contracts only open up after certain other quests have been completed. If you complete every single monster contract from him, you get a nice non-cash extra reward at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm going to finally get around to trying STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl; are there any must-have mods?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Unless you put the game on "enemies don't attack first" mode, you want to research military ASAP. Once you have armor-piercing SMG bullets, steel armor, and grenades you can demolish most smaller biter nests with no worms - and once you get poison capsules you can kill worms too. Kill as many nests as it takes to get ~200+ alien artifacts; the higher-end military stuff requires research that takes them or just outright requires them and if you don't get those by the time big biters/spitters start spawning you'll have to go with the extremely slow "gradually creep a bunch of laser turrets towards the nest" method instead of just running around with a combat shotgun and power armor.

It's mentioned in passing in the campaign, but aliens really hate radars and will generally try to attack them before other things. Your spawn in sandbox is usually in an area with a bunch of lakes forming chokepoints; one radar station backed up by a bunch of gun turrets loaded with AP rounds (or even standard rounds) will stop early attacks dead well up until the point where you can build laser turrets.

Hate cutting down forests? There's a couple faster ways: Holding down space with a shotgun out (or combat shotgun) will destroy trees very fast; if you have a tank, you can just run over them; and if you have logistics robots, the deconstruction planner can mark trees to be removed by your robotics network.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm going to finally get around to trying STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl; are there any must-have mods?

I was going to say Complete Mod but the games thread now recommends ZRP which I haven't personally tried.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

juliuspringle posted:

poo poo, I forgot. I'm right in thinking that I need to go get survivors before I can start my own base though right?

Getting a base should be priority one. Most of the time when you reset the map and go up a level you complete a challenge for a survivor. Once you pick them up you should have enough survivors for a few bases. There is a Mexican restaurant you can use as a base close to the burnt out school on the east side of the big southern town. You shouldn't need anymore survivors other than what you brought to grab that.

The early Breakdown levels are quite forgiving so you can take some time to figure out what to do. As you get higher you should get enough survivors to grab whatever base is close. Ignore the industrial warehouse and fairgrounds for your first map reset base. It will take too long to get enough survivors and the RV is really vulnerable to attack.

Bear in mind that Breakdown starts to get really hard around level 10. Ferals and Boomers will start showing up everywhere and killing a Boomer will start summoning Ferals. When that started happening I tried to spend as little time as I could on each Breakdown level. I had more than enough equipment in my stash and my RV team was awesome.

Take your time in the early levels getting to know the map. The loot may be random but supplies will have a really good chance of showing up in the same spots. By the time you hit level 5 you should know where all the bases are and good places to find the supplies you need. Hell, by that point I had used all the bases.

When I played there was also a resource glitch. If you find a cache of let's say ammo that has one ammo box in it radio in for someone to come pick it up. Once the radio bitch confirms someone is coming grab it anyways and get out of there before the runner arrives. As long as you are in another place away from the runner they will still pick up the ammo box that shouldn't be there. If you found 2 ammo boxes you have to take one out first before doing the trick. This works for all resources and is a god send in the early game after a map reset.

I should also mention all survivors other than the one you are controlling at the moment have infinite ammo. It isn't a bad idea to give them grenade launchers, but be carerul. Friendly fire is on and I have lost a modern pickup that was filled with resources because someone in the watch tower saw a zombie next to the truck. When you are nowhere near base it is awesome and wrecks hordes.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 24, 2015

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Personally, I'd just go through the game without any mods if this is your first time. Unlike Clear Sky, the game is completely playable out of the box. If you're dead set on using a mod, though, I'd go with what GuavaMoment says and use the Complete Mod.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Probottt posted:

Personally, I'd just go through the game without any mods if this is your first time. Unlike Clear Sky, the game is completely playable out of the box. If you're dead set on using a mod, though, I'd go with what GuavaMoment says and use the Complete Mod.

Thanks, but I'm installing a no-head-bob mod because holy poo poo this is the first time in my life I've gotten motion sickness from a video game.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Evil Mastermind posted:

Thanks, but I'm installing a no-head-bob mod because holy poo poo this is the first time in my life I've gotten motion sickness from a video game.
Someone should make it their life's work to make no-head-bob modifications for all games.

I would not have cared personally about the subject myself, but upon trying to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent (after playing and loving all three of the Black Plague games, mind you) I found I was becoming nauseous within about five seconds of the game starting, and for those of you who are not familiar, you begin the game in some sort of messed-up state where everything is spinning or you are dizzy or something and you need to accomplish a goal, but uhhh, I literally cannot look at the screen, so I guess the spooky monsters have to find someone else to torment.

Made all the more interesting by the fact that I have played hundreds of other first-person shooter/sneaker/screamer games and nothing has even come up as a blip on my motion-sicknessdar until this. High-five, Evil Mastermind!

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Probottt posted:

I would disagree with the first two sentences here - Shadow is better than the completely broken Clear Sky, but Call Of Pripyat is the only bug-free Stalker game out of the box. SOC is badly optimized and has bugs ranging from the crashes-to-desktop and permanent radiation that kills the player over and over (hope you didn't save since the bug started!) to the minor bugs like sound effects that won't stop, broken quests, broken cutscenes, broken AI routines, etc

Complete is fairly simple and is mostly just basic improvements and fixes. I haven't used ZRP but I understand it comes in several flavors, the most minimal of which is really just bug fixes and more efficient graphics. I really can't think of a reason not to use a bug fix/optimization mod like either of those with a game with as many problems as Stalker SOC or CS. Stalker modding gets really crazy when you go down the Ukrainian rabbit hole but the basic fixes have no downside.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Sociopastry posted:

What should I know for Jet Set Radio

You'll probably want to use a controller, but nothing in particular beyond that. Apart from one weird issue - centering the camera and tagging is mapped to the same button - it's pretty easy to pick up. Don't bother with Jet ranks the first time through, just listen to the soundtrack and tag everything in sight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Is it worth playing Magicka if I'm only going to play it solo? It's one of those games that I think I would be really into if it focused on being primarily a single-player experience, but I've never touched it after buying it because I can't get into co-op games like that. I'd prefer to play at my own pace rather than deal with a bunch of chucklefucks blowing me up constantly, and it looks like there's probably a lot of fun to be had with the element combining even without the co-op.

If it is worth giving a crack, what's the DLC verdict? Is it all skippable or are there things you'd really want for a complete experience?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Cleretic posted:

Is it worth playing Magicka if I'm only going to play it solo? It's one of those games that I think I would be really into if it focused on being primarily a single-player experience, but I've never touched it after buying it because I can't get into co-op games like that. I'd prefer to play at my own pace rather than deal with a bunch of chucklefucks blowing me up constantly, and it looks like there's probably a lot of fun to be had with the element combining even without the co-op.

If it is worth giving a crack, what's the DLC verdict? Is it all skippable or are there things you'd really want for a complete experience?

It's entirely playable in single player, but you'll lose some of the more amusing effects, like crossing a pair of beams and setting off an arena-clearing detonation or firing a heal beam at a shielded ally and exploding them. You can still combine your elements to your heart and elemental affinity's content and do what you like with them though. I'm quite fond of exploding rocks or plain old death-beams.

As for the DLC, most are PvP maps, or new wizards with different stats, but some do add new campaigns. Magicka:Vietnam lets you run around as magical Rambo for a while, The Stars are Left is lovecraftian, Dungeons and Demons is, well, D&D. There's a couple of others that I've not played.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've searched through the thread and found nothing but reasons not to play it, and there's nothing on the wiki: Any tips for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Probottt posted:

Aard is a great sign. At its higher levels, it become a non-lethal shotgun that can stun multiple enemies, allowing you some breathing room. Also, if you attack a stunned enemy, there's a chance you'll get an insta kill off on them.
Replace Aard with Igni for greater benefits.

Also, read up on substances in the wiki. Use drugs to win, use drugs with carefully calculated extra-effects for mini-maxing goodness.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Centipeed posted:

I've searched through the thread and found nothing but reasons not to play it, and there's nothing on the wiki: Any tips for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World?

There is a very good reason for that.

If you really absolutely gotta touch the stove to learn it will burn, take the time to get yourself a Bear for your party right outside the first dungeon. Also if you evolve a monster it will reset to Level 1, so have fun re-levelling your heavy hitters.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is a very good reason for that.

If you really absolutely gotta touch the stove to learn it will burn, take the time to get yourself a Bear for your party right outside the first dungeon. Also if you evolve a monster it will reset to Level 1, so have fun re-levelling your heavy hitters.

Seems I can't start making pacts with monsters until I learn some artes that have an element, right? So I'd have to grind a bit, hopefully learn an arte that has an element, and then go and capture the bear?

Or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Centipeed posted:

Seems I can't start making pacts with monsters until I learn some artes that have an element, right? So I'd have to grind a bit, hopefully learn an arte that has an element, and then go and capture the bear?

Or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?

Your only way to do it is to spam Heal. No the game doesn't give you an offensive elemental move to try your new key gameplay mechanic with. That should give you an idea of how bad the game is gonna get if the story hasn't thus far.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Your only way to do it is to spam Heal. No the game doesn't give you an offensive elemental move to try your new key gameplay mechanic with. That should give you an idea of how bad the game is gonna get if the story hasn't thus far.

Got it.

And even if the game is bad, I can't forget that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. If I have the courage to play this game, my dream of liking it will turn into reality.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also if you evolve a monster it will reset to Level 1, so have fun re-levelling your heavy hitters.

This isn't nearly as bad as it sounds because their stats don't suffer nearly as much as you think they would. In fact it's a boon since it means you can keep evolving and de-evolving monsters and leveling them up again and their stats will become ridiculous

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Centipeed posted:

Got it.

And even if the game is bad, I can't forget that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. If I have the courage to play this game, my dream of liking it will turn into reality.

Oh iirc, don't bother with the guest characters. It just means they're eating a party slot one of your monsters can use to level with. Plus you'll outlevel them pretty fast.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Anyone got anything for Contagion and/ or How to Survive?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Witcher 3:

-Never buy food. Geralt can heal just fine with raw meat. Don't worry about having to cook it.

-If the game is too hard or if you're on Death March mode, invest into Quen. The second talent allows you to absorb damage as vitality with an active shield.

I'm still too early in the game and will start adding more as I go along.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Mayor McCheese posted:

Witcher 3:

-Never buy food. Geralt can heal just fine with raw meat. Don't worry about having to cook it.

-If the game is too hard or if you're on Death March mode, invest into Quen. The second talent allows you to absorb damage as vitality with an active shield.

I am also very early, but a sidequest led me to an area that was helpful.

There is a battlefield outside the first town you reach. It is full of weapons you can sell to get money, which is hilariously difficult to get at the start.

There are herbs everywhere, as your minimap shows. Those are also free money.

Gwent, the cardgame, is a lot easier than it initially seems. Use the cards you have to build a deck that works well with itself, drawing extra cards if you can. Plan a strategy that involves your leader power. For instance, the Northern Armies deck has a lot of ranged cards, good for the middle row. Try to include weather cards that hit the top or bottom rows, and leave your guys alone. That effectively negates the cards your opponent has played, and can give you the round. DO NOT blow all your cards on round one. If it looks like he's going to take it, let him have it. He'll have used his higher powered cards already, and you should have yours left. I haven't played with the other armies yet, so I have no tips for that.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

juliuspringle posted:

Anyone got anything for Contagion and/ or How to Survive?

The boomerang is going to be the weapon family you use for most of the game. Use a cutting weapon on two bones to get two bone blades. Combine them to form a twin stick boomerang. If you have two boomerangs, you never have to stop firing. Add a third bone blade for the triple stick boomerang which is much faster, then add flint for more damage
Practice headshotting. Eventually, there will be zombies that you can only kill with multiple headshots.
Save your bottles
Unless you are playing on the super hard mode, the game isn't really that hard, once you have the basics down.
Set your computer clock to be around Christmas.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mayor McCheese posted:

Witcher 3:

Another good tip that's not immediately obvious;

Brewing potions works differently in this game from the first two. In the alchemy screen, you'll see a list of ingredients required to brew a potion: You only have to use those ingredients once. Once you craft a potion the first time, it appears in your inventory with a number of "charges" (usually 3, afaik so far). Drinking the potion consumes a charge. You restore charges by meditating, at which point one alcohol will be consumed from your inventory to restore every potion and bomb in your inventory to full (note that it's not one alcohol per charge or even per item; one alcohol restores everything).

So it seems to be a situation where once you've used one potion or bomb, you might as well use all of them, because one alcohol is going to be consumed as soon as you meditate, you might as well get the most out of it.

You also don't need to hoard flower petals to brew a steady supply of potions, and you don't need to be shy about actually using them.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Sociopastry posted:

Got new games for my birthday! What should I know for Jet Set Radio, Saint's Row 2 and Factorio?

Learn to wall jump. A good wall jump makes you insanely mobile. If there's a gap, there's a way to wall jump across it.

There's at least one sequence of infinite grinds in each area if you want a really cheesy way of racking up points.

I remember tagging the detective who's always chasing you to be really finicky. It's easier to just ABG (Always Be Grinding). On the other hand, taking out Helicopters (like I said: learn to wall jump) is amazing.

Some of the recruitment challenges are a pain in the butt. For the races, you don't need to follow the same route as the AI: look for shortcuts.

There's a secret character who makes getting Jet ranks "easy". You can unlock him by getting a Jet rank on both Grind City levels. If you're curious about the mechanics:
He has the most advanced/highest-scoring tags. In addition, he can hold a huge number of paint cans (allowing you to finish faster and have more cans in stock at the end of a level) and has the longest life bar in the game, all of which translate into extra points at the end of a level. As a downside, though, he takes huge amounts of damage. He's the equivalent of turning on hardmode, but if you CAN beat a level without getting hit, you're all but guaranteed that Jet rank.

opaopa13 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 26, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Another good tip that's not immediately obvious;

Brewing potions works differently in this game from the first two. In the alchemy screen, you'll see a list of ingredients required to brew a potion: You only have to use those ingredients once. Once you craft a potion the first time, it appears in your inventory with a number of "charges" (usually 3, afaik so far). Drinking the potion consumes a charge. You restore charges by meditating, at which point one alcohol will be consumed from your inventory to restore every potion and bomb in your inventory to full (note that it's not one alcohol per charge or even per item; one alcohol restores everything).

So it seems to be a situation where once you've used one potion or bomb, you might as well use all of them, because one alcohol is going to be consumed as soon as you meditate, you might as well get the most out of it.

You also don't need to hoard flower petals to brew a steady supply of potions, and you don't need to be shy about actually using them.

Another thing I just figured out; once you craft an oil, it isn't consumed upon use at all, it's just in your inventory forever. Using it applies a buff to your weapon that (I think) lasts for a certain number of strikes (20 so far as I've seen yet). Once you craft it, it's sort of just a free buff that you can select and apply whenever you like so there's no real reason not to craft and use them.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I just picked up the Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam a whim. My only prior experience with the franchise is a couple of hours of RE4 on my friend's Wii years ago. I kind of want to try and finish it blind, looking up solutions to puzzles only when I'm absolutely 100% stuck.

Are there any non-obvious mechanics I should know about? Any ways I can screw myself to watch out for? Any general tips?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

insanityv2 posted:

I just picked up the Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam a whim. My only prior experience with the franchise is a couple of hours of RE4 on my friend's Wii years ago. I kind of want to try and finish it blind, looking up solutions to puzzles only when I'm absolutely 100% stuck.

Are there any non-obvious mechanics I should know about? Any ways I can screw myself to watch out for? Any general tips?

1.There is such a thing as saving to much as you only have a limited number of saves for the whole game. Try not to save unless you have made major progress.

2.Since your only other experience with the franchise is the one that is completely different i'll tell you that it's not necessary or wise to kill every enemy you see along the way. My general advice is to only kill enemies around save rooms as you'll be doing a lot of backtracking and you'll want your save area to be safe.

3.You can insta-kill zombies with the shotgun by aiming up at their heads and shooting just as they are about to grab you. The timing is tricky but it will save you so much time and ammo when you get it down.

4. The difficulty selection is really weird in that the Top option is the hardest and then goes down to Medium then Easy (which is an option they added for this version and is really super,super easy).

5.The lighter you can find relatively early on as Jill is good to have around for a smattering of puzzles until after the second major area of the game. After that the only use you'll get out of it is lighting up corpses.

6. Playing as Jill is overall easier than Chris since Jill has 2 more inventory slots and doesn't have to go around looking for extra keys. But Chris has double health and i believe has a slightly higher headshot chance than Jill.

7. Last thing to note is that zombies not set on fire or decapitated will come back to life in about 20-30 minutes of in game time.

That's a lot of info but it'll save you some headache to know some of these things in advance. Enjoy!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth it to play The Witcher: Enhanced Edition using the mouse-only control option? My laptop sucks but it should run really well on my rig I have attached to my TV, but I don't have/want to buy a full sized media keyboard. I'm mostly looking to get through the story so I can move on to the next ones, so I'll have combat on easy.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."
I can't comment on the mouse-only issue, but Witchers 2 and 3 don't have much to do, plot-wise, with the original one. As long as you're down with basic concept (Witchers are awesome but brood a lot, the world sucks, sorceresses are hot) and get the one sentence summary of the final act of the game a Witcher from another school tries to kill the King you don't need to play Witcher Enhanced Edition.

That being said, I'm one of the people who actually likes Witcher EE, so I would recommend playing it anyway, but I know others disagree.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Is it worth it to play The Witcher: Enhanced Edition using the mouse-only control option? My laptop sucks but it should run really well on my rig I have attached to my TV, but I don't have/want to buy a full sized media keyboard. I'm mostly looking to get through the story so I can move on to the next ones, so I'll have combat on easy.

Probably yes, especially if you can get to the point (halfway through the game or so?) where Igni becomes a cone-shaped instakill attack.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Anything for Ghostbusters?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

IIRC after completing a level you'll return to the firehouse. If you quit the game here, as you probably would want to do, it skips the entirety of the firehouse section and pre-level cutscene and throws you straight into the next level with no explanation. So don't quit the game until after you begin the next level.

Definitely explore and look at everything. If you're a Ghostbusters fan this game is amazingly detailed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lewd Mangabey posted:

I can't comment on the mouse-only issue, but Witchers 2 and 3 don't have much to do, plot-wise, with the original one. As long as you're down with basic concept (Witchers are awesome but brood a lot, the world sucks, sorceresses are hot) and get the one sentence summary of the final act of the game a Witcher from another school tries to kill the King you don't need to play Witcher Enhanced Edition.

That being said, I'm one of the people who actually likes Witcher EE, so I would recommend playing it anyway, but I know others disagree.

I'll second that, I wouldn't play witcher 1 exclusively to prepare yourself story-wise for the sequels. It's a long game, parts of it are kind of a slog, and the only part of it that really relates to witcher 2 comes in the form of a cutscene after you beat the game.

I guess you'll get acquainted with some of the characters that reappear in the later 2 games but that's not too necessary. All you need to know is that you're friends with a hot sorceress, a sleazy bard, and a cool dwarf, you pick it up fairly quickly if you just start with 2.

That said, it's cheap as hell at this point so you might as well play it to see if you like it, just don't feel compelled to stick it out if you're getting bored (except maybe do stick it out to act 2, because act 1 is kind of boring compared to what comes later).

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Anything I should know for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments? How easy is it to mess up and get the culprit wrong?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Playing through Broken Age right now, and here's some useful BIP stuff I'm finding out:

• For Act 1, you can play all the way through a character before switching to the other one (I'd recommend it, actually)
  • For Act 2, you must switch between the two characters as you play and solve puzzles using what you find out on each side

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Anything I should know for Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments? How easy is it to mess up and get the culprit wrong?
The game is not hard, all the clues glow and everything is gated to small areas. It's more like an interactive story.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Anything important before I jump into Shadowrun Returns? beforeiplay.com has some tips but it says they're all for Dragonfall (which I did pick up, too, but I'd like to start with the earlier one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Anything important before I jump into Shadowrun Returns? beforeiplay.com has some tips but it says they're all for Dragonfall (which I did pick up, too, but I'd like to start with the earlier one).

It is easy as poo poo to use the game editor to make your character badass and good at everything. Do not do this, it will suck the fun RIGHT out. I learned that the hard way.