Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I dont give a poo poo about ragefire but I unironically enjoyed watching his stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

I dont give a poo poo about ragefire but I unironically enjoyed watching his stream.

Yeah it's the same for me.

It sounds like he may have gotten his account and character back. Some GM must have gone off the rails. Hopefully Kungen keeps EQ'ing.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

In the GM's defense, Kungen did straight up intentionally train a group on his stream.. twice. Not sure on the exact rules of the server but it's kind of inviting retribution when you do it live on a stream.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

faulteroy posted:

In the GM's defense, Kungen did straight up intentionally train a group on his stream.. twice. Not sure on the exact rules of the server but it's kind of inviting retribution when you do it live on a stream.

The 'exact rules of the server' were 'go nuts, noone cares'. The idea being that training, KSing, all that, would just be the lay of the land. Hence, "wild wild west".

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

nomadologique posted:

lol. ooc is practically illegal on red now.

I got banned from /ooc for telling a joke last night, wtf it's this poo poo?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

xZAOx posted:

The 'exact rules of the server' were 'go nuts, noone cares'. The idea being that training, KSing, all that, would just be the lay of the land. Hence, "wild wild west".

Actually the server has the exact same rules as every other server. They amended the play nice policy before the server launched and the changes effect every server.
The only real change is GMs will not moderate mob disputes.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I got banned from /ooc for telling a joke last night, wtf it's this poo poo?

I logged on for the sole intent of seeing the new /ooc thing and was banned from /ooc after just a few messages.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone explain the Red /ooc thing. Did they finally go all-in and rule "/ooc is just for pras and only pras"?

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Siets posted:

Someone explain the Red /ooc thing. Did they finally go all-in and rule "/ooc is just for pras and only pras"?

Here's Eunomia's post on it: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1904712&postcount=2

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Lol red just looks worse and worse.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
lol what a joke

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
wait what ooc is/was great why would they change it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
because they hate red, lol.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Somebody must be butthurt about it and sending the packets of doom because red and blue both got knocked offline.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

Hexel posted:

Somebody must be butthurt about it and sending the packets of doom because red and blue both got knocked offline.

"hardware failure"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Daaz posted:

"hardware failure"

Thats server admin codeword for we're being ddos'd and cant handle it.

I'm only kidding, its a pretty sad commentary on my life that I'm sitting here watching a server select page refresh..maybe I should go outside.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

Hexel posted:

Thats server admin codeword for we're being ddos'd and cant handle it.

I'm only kidding, its a pretty sad commentary on my life that I'm sitting here watching a server select page refresh..maybe I should go outside.

Yeah. My gir-SPECIAL LADY FRIEND wanted to go for a walk and i said no so i could .... refresh a server page. WHAT HAVE I BECOME

I'm installing SoD to run around on my character i havn't played in 5 years for dumb reasons.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

We used to use this when EVE was down but its pretty appropriate for any game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlpxDiKEZZk

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Daaz posted:

Yeah. My gir-SPECIAL LADY FRIEND wanted to go for a walk and i said no so i could .... refresh a server page. WHAT HAVE I BECOME

I'm installing SoD to run around on my character i havn't played in 5 years for dumb reasons.

SoD drinking game: take a shot every time you see a boxer.

(Oh wait, don't do that, you'll be dead in five minutes. :haw:)

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
In the meantime...

I'm trying to play Witcher 3 and I can't get into it. gently caress this poo poo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

SoD drinking game: take a shot every time you see a boxer.

(Oh wait, don't do that, you'll be dead in five minutes. :haw:)

What is sod? Shards of Dalaya?

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Well crap, i decided i wanted to play some p99 again, so i log in and make a character. I play for 5 minutes, then bam, server dies. I guess its my fault everyone...

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.

e:

Rogean posted:

We have the physical server back up and we're working on restoring data. Looking at possibly 12 to 1 AM ETA.*

Rough guess estimate. Could be delayed

Eptar fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 26, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

please server wipe please

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

nomadologique posted:

i would play again

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Wow that OOC rule for red is new levels of lovely administration. That is literally the pettiest, stupidest decision I've seen these people make. I think I am done with P99 and the self absorbed psychopaths that run it.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
So im gonna be giving this a go later today, anyone care have some of that sweet goon generosity they want to spread to a newbie bard?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Looks like another "hardware failure" :(

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

P99 please dont make me find a new game everything else out there is poo poo :smith:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

nomadologique posted:

this is the only way I'll be back so yeah pleaseeee

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile, Ragefire is launched!

Is there any delicious :tinfoil: going on about this:?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dubious posted:

Meanwhile, Ragefire is launched!

Is there any delicious :tinfoil: going on about this:?

P99 been stable as gently caress for years until..new tlp server launch week :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Like that?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

If we are going with :tinfoil: theories , I think it's a DDoS from people on red mad about the removal of global OOC chat! :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

I don't even play on red, but that whole thing kinda pissed me off

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
No one is mad enough to ddos red because of ooc, its not even removed its still global and in game. Eunomia is just trying to moderate it like crazy as much as possible. Mostly stuff changed to like when someone dies, you can't say PRAS so people changed it up to various things, mostly "LFG" or "LFG class" that died, some people spew ooc bullshit tied to either LFG, guild recruitment messages, port offers etc. So far eunomia hasn't done poo poo about people doing the lfg and other stuff in place of old stuff. Personally I just stay out of ooc atm due to the fact eunomia for the first few days was on a warpath and i know 4 people who ate 21 day suspensions, CHARACTER SUSPENSIONS. Not ooc muted for a month or something, suspended for almost a month. We on red are going to be dealing with Eunomia, and whatever guide/gm comes over to red occasionally there has been 2 different ones back and forth on varying occasions. Sirken can't help us right now even if he wanted. Hes so not interested in P99 and wants to get away from it because he was being strangled from the drama alone of lawyer questing the petitions.

The New second guild that is opposing the top guild atm, is named <Good Guys>. It is basically Azrael, fresh, friends, couple other guilds inc most of god's work all combined together. With a multi person leadership, people leading for pvp and pve etc. So far its growing pains, its a new guild stuff always going to be hard, ive seen multiple guilds try to get off the ground on red, GG is on a good path so far mainly because it makes up the other half of the server so when Empire has 80 we have 80 to match them just half of GG is not in range to 60s and not nearly as geared. Many people aside from the ~20 people who are fully geared from past guilds ie nihilum, or empire itself and joined good guys. We have been taking dragons from them, It takes some work but so far we beat them on the first attempt doing trak and they really haven't come at us as a 60+ v 60+ pvp since, there have been some skirmishes around KC, TT/EJ with 15-20 people.

Anyway though, PVP on red is getting pretty -different- compared to the past. With the changes(I just started playing again 2-3 weeks ago so its new to me, but overall happened between 2-4 months ago for the new resist/hitbox changes). We have MORE AoN's then ever on the server, in the hands of both sides so you can see a skeleton battle with 40 on 40, and no name plates can be seen in skeleton form so its all weapon/offhand based view and /assist trains that win almost at that point. Also with so many new players, It appears each guild has been able to field a bard for every single group for majority of the main PVP battles. Which before, was almost never the case an entire guild having selos/resist songs. At the base of it, it still comes down to tstaff procs, windstriker procs, skean procs/rogue poison or tash/malo and any melee will eat a root. If you get tashed in these pvp fights your basically risking everything after that. I sit just over 150MR unbuffed, been rooted a few times just tashed. Seen some funky stuff like a person taking 1082dmg 4x in a row from sunstrike with 180FR, but who knows.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Okay, turns out we wern't supposed to get kicked for long anyway. Everything's fine nothing is broken.

edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Daaz fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 27, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lol, recruitment and application requirements in an MMO, emulated at that, in TYOOL 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what, you think you just gonna join Midwinter for nothing you scrub??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
not my problem if those fukken nerds can't handle some reality :smuggo:

• Locked thread