Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

:neverforget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Turns out I had these saved somewhere

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mister Beeg posted:

He has a history of doing this since the 1980s. Unsurprisingly, he resigned from his job after this got out. He hasn't been heard from since.
Believe it or not, he took a pen name and still does cartooning.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Plague of Hats posted:

Those particular kind of ripoff cartoons always baffle me. Like the "life begins at" one obviously has a lot more work put into it than a simple copy-paste, enough that it seems like he's going to the trouble for the sake of stealing instead of laziness. Which, I guess maybe that is why, but, then…why? Just to be a dick? The question grips me.

It's the same reason why most art tracery/copying happens: to make dollars to express something, but you see someone else expressing it better so you copy their work instead of making something new and eventually all you can do is copy other people's work and style.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I'm seriously surprised every conservative media outlet hasn't been on a "gently caress poor people, gently caress helping them in any way, gently caress LBJ" bender.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Staving the Beast strangles necessary social programs and ensures they cannot function properly. AGC.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Says the guy spending yet even more strips digging on anti-poverty programs A YEAR AFTER IT TURNED 50.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

But allocating more than a shoestring budget to social programs is doing something different, so it's not actually an effective allusion to the saying?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There is no :ironicat: big enough. Yeah drinky duck that Obama is such an idiot. Not like you and you're Right Wing friends! I mean yeah cutting taxes for the rich and corporations has done exactly the opposite of trickle down but I'm sure the next time you guys do it again the flood gates will finally burst and sure you've lost track of what attempt at repealing the ACA you're on but hey next time it'll totally work!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

Believe it or not, he took a pen name and still does cartooning.

Now thats harsh, I don't recall Day ever tracing another artists work, just photos. And he does have some great stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Now thats harsh, I don't recall Day ever tracing another artists work, just photos.
You're right. He mostly traces his own work.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Rorus Raz posted:

You're right. He mostly traces his own work.

Copy and pasting their own artwork is apparently common in cartooning. On Facebook, I saw a post from a cartoonist who said that he saw Johnny Hart make an appearance at a convention, talking about how he had a library of stock drawings that he would xerox, with only the words changing. He bragged that it made his job easier.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 25, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fulchrum posted:

Now thats harsh, I don't recall Day ever tracing another artists work, just photos. And he does have some great stuff.
He infamously stole an image from some random DeviantArt artist once.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Man this guy who doesn't even want to make the cartoon that he needs to make to keep his job sure isn't trying very hard. What a weird thing that requires extra anger.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Contrecoup posted:

Man this guy who doesn't even want to make the cartoon that he needs to make to keep his job sure isn't trying very hard. What a weird thing that requires extra anger.

I think if you're going to half arse your job you also shouldn't be a smug arsehole about how much better you are than other people.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

He infamously stole an image from some random DeviantArt artist once.

Wait, wasn't that Catalino and a Spider-Man?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

winterwerefox posted:

I've spent way too long of my life pumping gas in Oregon. I still do. These last few pages have made me feel real nice about my choices in life. Thanks :smith:

Thank you for your [full] service.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, wasn't that Catalino and a Spider-Man?

Catalino stole some official Spiderman art, but he's always doing that poo poo all the time. It was Bill Day who stole a drawing from deviantart to make this thing.

e: and that was right after he started his kickstarter, or gofundme, or indiegogo, or patreon or whatever it was

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Contrecoup posted:

I'm not angry, I'm genuinely confused by his non-burn and its presentation as if it were some sort of damning evidence.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Contrecoup posted:

Hi Tinsley! How's the blood alcohol level these days?

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Wanamingo posted:

Catalino stole some official Spiderman art, but he's always doing that poo poo all the time. It was Bill Day who stole a drawing from deviantart to make this thing.

e: and that was right after he started his kickstarter, or gofundme, or indiegogo, or patreon or whatever it was

The best part was that when this pointed out, his response was not to deny it, but rather claim he thought the image he'd plundered was a photograph.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

...Lang? Are you okay?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hitler B. Natural posted:

...Lang? Are you okay?

what the everloving CHRIST is that thing coming out of the elephant's head

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Somfin posted:

Old two-trunk Turk, the godless bastard of the GOP.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Irish same-sex marriage referendum – A referendum in Ireland found 62% were in favour of changing the constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry"

Telegraph:

Labour to back EU referendum bill, says Harman

Independent:

Times:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Somfin posted:

It looks like he started drawing it with a cartoony top hat on, then forgot what he was doing partway through.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Can someone explain why Tyrannosaurus Pope is a thing. I can understand that its probably saying they are dinosaurs, but with Reptoids and Jurassic World coming out I can't be sure, and with the leprechauns its even weirder.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

albany academy posted:

Can someone explain why Tyrannosaurus Pope is a thing. I can understand that its probably saying they are dinosaurs, but with Reptoids and Jurassic World coming out I can't be sure, and with the leprechauns its even weirder.

Catholicism/Christianity is a old, doddering relic from the past, much like a dinosaur. It's not much deeper than that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

albany academy posted:

The churches archaic views on homosexuality make them a dinosaur. That's really all there is to it.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gotcha. i thought maybe it was referencing a specific thing, but instead its just Tyrannosaurus Pope

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

That cap would go really well with this shirt:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Somfin posted:

Hi Tinsley! How's the blood alcohol level these days?

this is a really dumb attempt at an own and you know it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Modelling shows families worse off under new budget.

Today, in Parliament posted:

Mrs ELLIOT (Richmond) (14:37): My question is to the Prime Minister. Why does the Prime Minister's unfair budget slash the household budget of 10,000 families in the electorate of Page?

Mr ABBOTT (Warringah—Prime Minister) (14:37): I will tell the member who asked the question what is unfair: starting the boats and putting the people smugglers back in business; that is unfair. And I will tell you what is fair: stopping the boats and saving all those lives at sea. I will tell you what is unfair: saddling generations yet unborn with debt and deficit; that is unfair.

:suicide::hf: :australia:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Someone please label this so I know what is going on.

edit: also I see that this political cartoon was posted in wrong thread

Nancy

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 25, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

'Your kid'
'That Fucker'

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Okay, THIS goes in the Op. It's got it all!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Someone please label this so I know what is going on.

'Obama'
'Republican Congress'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread