Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Sidious
Jan 9, 2011

My Force is Bigger Than Yours!
I have to say the Levels of Drama that surround this game & the effort posts about pay 2 win has made me re install this game once more.

Hate to say it but im actually enjoying it again :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

PCOS Bill posted:

This is a bad opinion

Also not an opinion if it's true~

Also proof that I'm a member of the shadow council

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 21, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

tatersyum posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

The exploit basically allowed anyone to gain 20 honor every time they attacked an invincible character. It involved breaking a pirate character out of the holding cell area before they go to trial and they are immortal. It was found out that multiple western guilds were doing this hours before Forestcrow's siege of the main west guild's castle so they could get pvp gems in their gear. Lots of people were banned and there were drama afterwards.

Then right before the siege the west guild attempted to use an exploit to prevent the siege by disbanding the guild so the castle had no owner and attempt to reclaim a the castle at a new spot but completely failed. It resulted in FC winning the siege in 5 minutes with no defenders.

Lmao what a shitshow. Fire the devs into the sun.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

tatersyum posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

I thought I was almost getting repetitive in the post, but I guess not so I'll clarify.

This game is lovely and no one should play it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I guess the possibility of server merges were casually mentioned today during the livestream and the forums are blowing up like expected.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
WoW had bad PR today too, what a coincidence.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How do you perform server mergers in a game where players own non-instanced parcels of land on the map?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Chomp8645 posted:

How do you perform server mergers in a game where players own non-instanced parcels of land on the map?

I guess we'll find out together.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

jabro posted:

I guess the possibility of server merges were casually mentioned today during the livestream and the forums are blowing up like expected.

Oh my.

quote:

AA is all I play, I have stopped spending money on other games, and all my money goes into AA, basically, what I pay in AA is equal to an apt monthly rent. Merging servers, sadly would make me quit. But im a positive person, and I will save a lot of money. Was planning on playing for years, hell I did WOW for a decade, and never liked it as much as AA. I have a lot of AA dreams at night.. I fear this is going to turn them into nightmares

quote:

I guess many other people asked this already, but how do you think you can find a compensation for people which worked since release to gather all the land and which will lose it after the merge? There isn't a thing like a "non-usual", "new", "non-tradional" way of a Servermerge which prevents losing land. Personally I have over 60 plots (4 mansions, 2 maisons, 20 gazeebos and lots of 16x16 farms). I have several patron accounts which I use to keep the land, I've paid hundreds (probably even thousands) of Dollars to buy credits/tax certificates and now you're simply destroying all my work.

quote:

we'll lose something we've worked so hard and spent so much money. We'll lose all our memories of building everything from scratch up. It's like we're losing our real life home.

quote:

Same here. I'm playing on Kyprosa and here is my land. I've worked since release to gather every single plot, I have tons of Gazeebos, 16x16 farms, 2 Plazas, 4 24x24 houses and 4 Mansions. I don't even play in a large guild, it's just me, my husband and a few friends. If I lose a single plot I'll also move to another game. I can't bear it to lose everything I've worked during the last months, paying thousands of euros... and to lose my dearest neighbors. It's not possible to compensate me for losing all this land. I've spent too much Euros, time, my nerves and memories in this game... I'm paying for 9 accounts every months. I also don't want to lose all the nice people I met, all my neighbors. I simply can't start with nothing on a new server.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wont someone think of the poor video game homeless nerds spending thousands of dollars on the game a month

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
where do these idiots get all this loving money to blow on a stupid video game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its loving funny because i guarantee there is some dude on one of these servers that is poor as gently caress but would really like some land and these literal in game 1%er babies are crying because they wont have multiple mansions and gazebos anymore

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
vote for bernie sanders, archeage president 2016

riches get stitches

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Land baron tears are pretty tasty.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

where do these idiots get all this loving money to blow on a stupid video game

I wish these people would spend all that money buying me new videogames instead.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I pity the kind of person that decided this was the best game to satisfy their ocd.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

its loving funny because i guarantee there is some dude on one of these servers that is poor as gently caress but would really like some land and these literal in game 1%er babies are crying because they wont have multiple mansions and gazebos anymore

I still play on Aranzeb, which is one of the most populated US servers. You can go place 16x16s if you spend five minutes looking. The landless babies will be fine if they exert a little effort.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh bill

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
It's okay to encourage others to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. But if you do just remember some people have no boots.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what about people that wear regular shoes

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
TATERS YOU gently caress WHY DIDNT YOU GIVE ME YOUR GEAR

you can't just disappear without handing over the title of king of goons

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

What I was told was that in KR when they did it all the land was reset, players received pre-built structures that they could place down and poo poo, and there was another enormous land rush.

Which frankly sounds loving amazing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

kznlol posted:

Which means Trion won't do it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

kznlol posted:

What I was told was that in KR when they did it all the land was reset, players received pre-built structures that they could place down and poo poo, and there was another enormous land rush.

Wow that's lovely

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The best part is they are saying all this is months away. Months. Why even mention the possibility of mergers if you don't know how you will do it yet, and won't be doing it at all for months?

:salt:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Wow that's lovely

Survival of the fittest.

Also no matter what this game is still terrible.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Oh wow I can't wait to read all the freakouts if they do server merges. For me, owning my 6 plots of land was basically the whole game since I don't have the time for serious business PvP anymore. If I was still playing, server merges would be the end of the line for me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ruffz posted:

Oh wow I can't wait to read all the freakouts if they do server merges. For me, owning my 6 plots of land was basically the whole game since I don't have the time for serious business PvP anymore. If I was still playing, server merges would be the end of the line for me.

Why wait? The forums are already acting like it's a done deal and about to happen. Everyone is threatening to quit and not drop a majority of their paychecks on the game anymore.

Place screenshot of the Steam group to boycott Call of Duty here.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

jabro posted:

Everyone is threatening to quit and not drop a majority of their paychecks on the game anymore.

as if these nerds actually work for a living. more like they spend a majority of their mother's paycheck on this pile of rear end

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Survival of the fittest.

Survival of the fattest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

as if these nerds actually work for a living. more like they spend a majority of their mother's paycheck on this pile of rear end

yea there are way more efficient ways to pay for rear end

you could buy the pipedream extreme gently caress me silly mega masturbator

it has literally over 20 pounds of pussy and rear end

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I disagree, but I also realize we all have different tastes :)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

PCOS Bill posted:

I disagree, but I also realize we all have different tastes :)
/

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its pretty terrible

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yes congrats you have seen the avatar someone bought me. Good job. I don't even know what it is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
counterpoint: you like archeage

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm amazed there are enough people left in this abortion of a game to cause drama.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

counterpoint: you like archeage

Yeah it's a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

PCOS Bill posted: