Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Disinterested posted:

jrode just gets bandwaggoned so hard that he gives up

I know people love trying to poo poo on him but we'd have a better jrod thread if only a few people responded to him at once instead of a jrod post followed by a million 'gently caress YOU YOU'RE HITLER' posts.

it would help if a) he wasn't such a condescending prick b) he didn't try to respond to "every post" in order" c) he didn't ignore people like whats his nuts with the health care posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Go outside imho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pretty certain this was previously posted.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also if he wasn't a plagiarist

also if he actually made arguments instead of just checking mises and seeing what it says about a given topic

jrode is p fuckin abhorrent regardless of his philosophy

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Literally The Worst posted:

it would help if a) he wasn't such a condescending prick b) he didn't try to respond to "every post" in order" c) he didn't ignore people like whats his nuts with the health care posts

I'm aware of this but all the million posts calling him a oval office just let him dodge even more easily and also make it less likely for him to re-emerge

if you want dissenting people around to troll you have to play cat and mouse with them because mostly they just leave if it's 99 people yelling at 1 guy.

i'm pretty ambivalent about whether there are libertarians on the board so I don't care but some people seem to enjoy jrod's shitposting

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Sunnis vs Shiites the longest extant sectarian conflict

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
something i saw today made the point that the neoliberal conception of liberty is freedom *from* things (government, taxes, etc) rather than freedom *to do* things (higher education, not dying from diseases of poverty, etc)

well that's my story goodnight everybody

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Go outside imho

i am sorry, i must do stuff indoors today

im going camping with a friend (from the internet o_0) on saturday tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Disinterested posted:

I'm aware of this but all the million posts calling him a oval office just let him dodge even more easily and also make it less likely for him to re-emerge

if you want dissenting people around to troll you have to play cat and mouse with them because mostly they just leave if it's 99 people yelling at 1 guy.

i'm pretty ambivalent about whether there are libertarians on the board so I don't care but some people seem to enjoy jrod's shitposting

i like when they aren't big stupid babyheads and are so secure in their superiority that they plow through people calling them cockgobblers

qalnor.....

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Exclamation Marx posted:

something i saw today made the point that the neoliberal conception of liberty is freedom *from* things (government, taxes, etc) rather than freedom *to do* things (higher education, not dying from diseases of poverty, etc)

IT'S CALLED NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE LIBERTY RESPECTIVELY, DAD. GOD!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Exclamation Marx posted:

when liberals get rich enough, the kingdom of heaven (on earth) becomes closed to them and they become neoliberal

i dont want to give any more, they say while getting fitted for shirts. others should give

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Exclamation Marx posted:

It's weird cos you can phrase either as freedom from stuff, freedom from sickness, starvation, ignorance, etc. I think it's more that some people care about freedom from stuff they dislike rather than the freedoms they already enjoy as a result of those things they dislike.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Disinterested posted:

You know that level of hostility was only arrived at after a very long time of him absolutely refusing to substantially engage with anybody, right?

Also if jrode doesn't come back then the containment thread will have fulfilled its purpose imo.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Exclamation Marx posted:

i think it's called plus liberty and minus liberty

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

wait waht was it

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Sharkie posted:

well its really annoying!

He's mad you don't remember him, comb your family history and acquaintances for soldiers to appease the ghost

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

paragon1 posted:

You know that level of hostility was only arrived at after a very long time of him absolutely refusing to substantially engage with anybody, right?

Also if jrode doesn't come back then the containment thread will have fulfilled its purpose imo.

yes I've been posting in that thread since forever

I didn't say it's wrong to be hostile to jrode, just that people shouldn't claim they want him around and also bash the poo poo out of him. If you want to keep him around you have to troll him in a more subtle way.

If you want him gone, mission accomplished.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

It's weird cos you can phrase either as freedom from stuff, freedom from sickness, starvation, ignorance, etc. I think it's more that some people care about freedom from stuff they dislike rather than the freedoms they already enjoy as a result of those things they dislike.

"I don't want to pay for the ladder I just climbed to prosperity"

*saws at ladder while crying a baby's hot tears*

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Disinterested posted:

I didn't say it's wrong to be hostile to jrode, just that people shouldn't claim they want him around and also bash the poo poo out of him. If you want to keep him around you have to troll him in a more subtle way.

ohh, okay that makes sense

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LorrdErnie posted:

He's mad you don't remember him, comb your family history and acquaintances for soldiers to appease the ghost

one of my relatives already did this. maybe it's that guy who had a tree fall on him in the civil war. should i chop down a tree :ohdear:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

If you want him gone, mission accomplished.

which do you think pisses off jrod more

-directly and viciously insulting him, wishing death on him, saying he hosed a durian etc.

-patiently cataloging the racist things his heroes have said, while remaining the soul of comity

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

OwlFancier posted:

It's weird cos you can phrase either as freedom from stuff, freedom from sickness, starvation, ignorance, etc.

drat, Disinterested just got burned.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sharkie posted:

one of my relatives already did this. maybe it's that guy who had a tree fall on him in the civil war. should i chop down a tree :ohdear:

NO THAT IS WHAT CAUSED IT TO FALL ON HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE

YOU WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

SedanChair posted:

-directly and viciously insulting him, wishing death on him, saying he hosed a durian etc.

-patiently cataloging the racist things his heroes have said, while remaining the soul of comity

the second, because it attacks his self-perception/delusion as someone who is fervently non-racist and a good guy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i jrod the libertarian guy

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Randler posted:

drat, Disinterested just got burned.

I think you mean Isiah Berlin got burned :eng101:

except he didn't but oh well

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SedanChair posted:

The first, because it doesn't give him a platform to proclaim our ignorance from.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
can ghosts be haunted. is the afterlife just a russian doll of people angrily yelling at their descendants

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zoux posted:

he is the an-cap guy.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Jrod gets way madder about the accusation he associates with racists and is a racist than he does about anything else.

zoux posted:

yes, the von mises/rothbard fanatic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oh lol.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Disinterested posted:

I think you mean Isiah Berlin got burned :eng101:

except he didn't but oh well

NICE CIRCULAR LOGIC, LIFE FASCIST

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

an cap is just like extreme libertarianism yes

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Disinterested posted:

Jrod gets way madder about the accusation he associates with racists and is a racist than he does about anything else.

I hold that it is simply the thing he posts more words about, and that the personal insults leave him in a silent frothing fury. :eng101:

Okay really it probably just reinforces his messiah/martyr complex but I find them more satisfying on a personal level.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Poslib my Neglib

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zoux posted:

an cap is just like extreme libertarianism yes

They'll fervently claim otherwise but yes pretty much.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
an ancap is someone who responds to an argument ad absurdum against libertarianism with "YES, YES. THIS IS MY poo poo"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

ancaps are obsessed with smallholding something fierce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Anarcho-capitalism is to liberal democratic capitalism what auto-erotic asphyxiation is to sex.

• Locked thread