Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I hope Thorfinn just does a cool pose and riddles her with throwing knives

This will be the reveal that Yukimura is a long term fabrication by Araki, and Thorfinn has actually been Dio the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hell loving yeah new Kingdom

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

hell loving yeah new Kingdom

You mean 430 is already out? I haven't seen it at any of the usual places.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I hope Thorfinn just does a cool pose and riddles her with throwing knives

This won't happen. Thorfinn now is pretty set on pacifism and considering she's got a legit complaint against him. If there's a fight it'll be him disarming her and trying to calm her down.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

papasyhotcakes posted:

You mean 430 is already out? I haven't seen it at any of the usual places.

429 just popped up on Batoto earlier today, I assumed that was the one he was referring to.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Volume posted:

This won't happen. Thorfinn now is pretty set on pacifism and considering she's got a legit complaint against him. If there's a fight it'll be him disarming her and trying to calm her down.

Probably he'll tell her to wait, set the baby down (right now Karli's on his back), then say "Ok, if you want to shoot me, go ahead."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Volume posted:

He's probably freaking out because the other people in his group might kill her to save him, and he's now to blame for another death. Given that he killed her family in front of her, and would've killed her if she hadn't escaped she's pretty much the physical personification of his past coming back to haunt him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Ad Astra

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

April Otoyomegatari: Winter is coming
short chapter this time, maybe due to golden week? Also lol at the hard cut from prison Azel to clan chief Azel

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

April Otoyomegatari: Winter is coming
short chapter this time, maybe due to golden week? Also lol at the hard cut from prison Azel to clan chief Azel

It was pretty funny for his ascension "No one opposed him" and it cuts to a bunch of injured and broken looking old men.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
New Vinland Saga
Wonder how he'll fight her when he doesn't want to fight

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Volume posted:

She's going to join his viking crew.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Monkey D. Thorfinn.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Punc posted:

New Vinland Saga

He's going to invent Judo. Only it'll include a shitload of acrobatics that won't transfer over to Japan.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Punc posted:

New Vinland Saga
Other Thorfinn is the best. He's pretty much perfect comic relief in every situation.

I bet Einar's right about the poison being a bluff, especially with how Full Eyes is having symptoms already.

And more than how he's going to fight... I wonder how he's going to soothe her bloodlust while respecting what she's been through. I assume she's going to have her mind changed and join their merry party, but that's a pretty serious thing to have your mind changed about.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I really enjoy this comic despite how exhaustive it's being.

It's gonna be forever until we get to cannae but once we do, oh boy.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Sorry, its licensed, and not available.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

manga fox is garbage anyways

http://bato.to/read/_/322979/vinland-saga_v16_ch116_by_4chan

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Eiba posted:

Other Thorfinn is the best. He's pretty much perfect comic relief in every situation.

I bet Einar's right about the poison being a bluff, especially with how Full Eyes is having symptoms already.

And more than how he's going to fight... I wonder how he's going to soothe her bloodlust while respecting what she's been through. I assume she's going to have her mind changed and join their merry party, but that's a pretty serious thing to have your mind changed about.

yall ready for some epic viking dogeza??

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Vinland saga is just great. I love how serious thing fighting always is in that serious, no matter who Thorfinn is facing it's always the real loving deal and it's extremely dangerous. Are there any other series that has this?

Also the art is just absolutely amazing.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sharkopath posted:

Monkey D. Thorfinn.

I support this roughly a thousand percent. Full Eyes is already the Usopp of the bunch.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mo_Steel posted:

I support this roughly a thousand percent. Full Eyes is already the Usopp of the bunch.

I mostly just want it because the alternative of her dying but maybe forgiving him a little bit is such a really played out ending for this kind of setup, it would be disappointing. She's a cool character too though so it'd be sad to leave her behind either way.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

ManOfTheYear posted:

Vinland saga is just great. I love how serious thing fighting always is in that serious, no matter who Thorfinn is facing it's always the real loving deal and it's extremely dangerous. Are there any other series that has this?

Also the art is just absolutely amazing.

You might want to check out Vagabond, a biography of Miyamoto Musashi. The fights tend to be more serious and philosophical than being huge action set pieces, though they're also really nice to look at since the art is fantastic.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sharkopath posted:

I mostly just want it because the alternative of her dying but maybe forgiving him a little bit is such a really played out ending for this kind of setup, it would be disappointing. She's a cool character too though so it'd be sad to leave her behind either way.

I hope we get more of Ghost-Askeladd giving commentary.

:allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
VS: Askeladd dying was so loving amazing in every way, just that entire scene throughout, with the only bad part bring that we lost the most interesting character of the series along with it. Ghost Askeladd is a cheap replacement, but it'll do so long as it doesn't get played out too much.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Finally got around to reading Vinland Saga after being intimidated by the big backlog.

That backlog wasn't big enough.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's cool that the official English version is probaly going to get canceled because nobody buys it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I would except I don't buy English manga

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

It's cool that the official English version is probaly going to get canceled because nobody buys it.

Theyr're really good editions of the comic too, i wish more people put out doublethick tankobons like that

or is it closer to 3?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

and they're hardcover, and they're like 17 bucks each.

buy the vinland saga books!!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I have definitely been buying the Vinland Saga books. At the price they're selling them they're incredibly good value compared to getting 2 separate paperback tankobons. Plus they're hardcover and even come with color pages and bonus material! It's really worth it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'll buy it when it comes out in french. Got Planetes in french, it's a really good looking book!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Uh, in :quebec: at least it's available in French

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nine of Eight posted:

Uh, in :quebec: at least it's available in French

Haven't checked the bookstore in a while. Guess there's poutine on my face.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
This just in: the official version is good

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really love that with Vikings you can just add "son" to the end of a word and have a new insult or praise.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Also, if you can read Italian, it's available in Italian! (Currently up to the end of Farmland Saga.)

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Can someone please link the hard cover books? I would love to buy the whole set

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

caberham posted:

They're on Amazon.

(This has reminded me that I haven't picked up the most recent hardcover)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

caberham posted:

all their hardcovers are good. was getting Gundam the Origin before I picked this up.