Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like the phrase "coasted to a winning record" being used as a legit positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Stop me if you've heard this before, but Kyle Flood is the worst coach ever and is killing a legendary rutgers football program

But it's true. Half the people in the athletic department email me to complain about how idiotic he is and/or the AD is.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Kyle Flood - Enemy of Rutgers Athletics

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Jesus, it's been so long since football that I actually forgot about the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics :negative:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

VDay posted:

Jesus, it's been so long since football that I actually forgot about the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics :negative:

How could you? Enemies of Rutgers Athletics are EVERYWHERE.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Fluffdaddy posted:

How could you? Enemies of Rutgers Athletics are EVERYWHERE.
I never forget, because I keep the card in my wallet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
he's killing the birthplace of college football, folks

They emphasize that so much, as if everyone here doesn't know that the program is way overfunded and lovely

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think i'm gonna be required to get my Enemy of Rutgers Athletics card along with my Montclair State student ID

go redhawks bitch

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GeneX posted:

They emphasize that so much, as if everyone here doesn't know that the program is way overfunded and lovely

Rutgers is to football what Greece is to democratic society.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kim Jong Il posted:

But it's true. Half the people in the athletic department email me to complain about how idiotic he is and/or the AD is.

Yeah, me and Greg Schiano chat on the celly on the reg to complain about him continually losing every recruit from new jersey worth anything (how times change!) and not having his players go full out on end of game kneel downs. Haha, but, you know Greggy-poo, he gets all riled up like that.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Sash! posted:

This is a viable comparison, except the Greeks have a voice in their leadership and Rutgers students don't even have that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rutgers succumbing to austerity measures.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sash! posted:

Broken and infested with budding neo-nazis? Sounds about right.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

so Rutgers is full of pederasts

How Big 10 of them

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

GeneX posted:

The program isn't overfunded, the athletic department loses a lot of money because they have way too many Olympic sports.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

More than Ohio State I hear!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the true enemies of rutgers athletics: kyle flood and rowboats

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Matt Millen is leaving ESPN!

...to become the lead analyst for the Big Ten Network.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Net win for everyone

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

vyst posted:

Net win for everyone

I look forward to watching the Michigan/Maryland game, a primetime game on BTN, from a bar in Ann Arbor as to not hear the sound.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

This would be great news if the Big Ten Network had their own live College Gameday ripoff show. Millen would leave any MI-based campus emotionally broken and wearing an entire salad bar.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kim Jong Il posted:

First it was the AAC

Rutgers in their one year in the AAC:

Victories: SMU, Temple, USF

Losses: Louisville, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, UConn

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Korranus posted:

Rutgers in their one year in the AAC:

Victories: SMU, Temple, USF

Losses: Louisville, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, UConn

I know, the Big Ten is much worse.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

So are you the TFF Irish Joe now or what

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Roasted Donut posted:

Yeah, me and Greg Schiano chat on the celly on the reg to complain about him continually losing every recruit from new jersey worth anything (how times change!) and not having his players go full out on end of game kneel downs. Haha, but, you know Greggy-poo, he gets all riled up like that.

Why is trying to swipe the ball away on end of game kneel downs considered so bad, again? Like, I hear people complain about it but I don't get it? Especially when it's still a 1 score game. Like of course the nose tackle should be trying to swipe that ball? But people get their panties all up in a bunch whenever a team does it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I want the old AD back at Rutgers: the one who covered up a mediocre basketball coach abusing players

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

limeincoke posted:

Why is trying to swipe the ball away on end of game kneel downs considered so bad, again? Like, I hear people complain about it but I don't get it? Especially when it's still a 1 score game. Like of course the nose tackle should be trying to swipe that ball? But people get their panties all up in a bunch whenever a team does it.

Greg Schiano wasn't telling his players to swipe the ball, he was telling them to dive at the knees of the linemen

also if the other team is kneeling the ball, it's because you hosed up and lost, just deal with it

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

limeincoke posted:

It's because there have been like 5 instances in the history of football where a player making a desperate dive for the ball during a victory formation has actually managed to knock the ball loose, so it's seen as a needlessly dick move to play hard or dive over the top because all you're really doing is potentially injuring a player with a reckless play. Or in other words,

quote:

you hosed up and lost, just deal with it

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It also used to make sense before the offense figured out to put your fastest possible player like 15 yards behind the QB so nothing could get past him

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

I want the old AD back at Rutgers: the one who covered up a mediocre basketball coach abusing players

That was a lovely coach and the AD didn't cover it up, he wanted to fire the coach and was forced to keep him by the school administration.

In more amazing Kyle Flood news, our #1 CB is academically ineligible and our #4 CB was just arrested for robbing a guy at gunpoint. This is especially painful because Schiano's teams had almost zero academic or discipline problems.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VDay posted:

It's because there have been like 5 instances in the history of football where a player making a desperate dive for the ball during a victory formation has actually managed to knock the ball loose, so it's seen as a needlessly dick move to play hard or dive over the top because all you're really doing is potentially injuring a player with a reckless play. Or in other words,

Auburn lost last year in part due to a botched victory formation play and it was hilarious.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Auburn lost last year in part due to a botched victory formation play and it was hilarious.
Huh?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wasn't one of the scores in the A&M game from picking up a ball on a kneel before the half was it just a hilariously botched regular snap that coughed up the ball to A&M

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

In more amazing Kyle Flood news, our #1 CB is academically ineligible and our #4 CB was just arrested for robbing a guy at gunpoint. This is especially painful because Schiano's teams had almost zero academic or discipline problems.

How is this the coaches fault?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Fluffdaddy posted:

Clearly he isn't recruiting Schiano men.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Anals of History posted:

This would be great news if the Big Ten Network had their own live College Gameday ripoff show. Millen would leave any MI-based campus emotionally broken and wearing an entire salad bar.

Millen does his own version of Todd's Taste of the town, but really it's just him deciding whether the Chili's or Applebees is better.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wasn't one of the scores in the A&M game from picking up a ball on a kneel before the half was it just a hilariously botched regular snap that coughed up the ball to A&M
Oh, the first half. That one was a blocked kick returned for a TD. Thought you were misremembering the end of the game, which involved us fumbling twice.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I imagine Millen ordering the same thing at every Applebee's and making a power ranking of each basket of chicken tenders.

"Ann Arbor's Applebee's has the best honey mustard, but those fries in Happy Valley are something to behold. Absolutely magnificent fries."

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

Having to take chances at more at-risk players and team discipline has completely eroded on and off the field. The team's conditioning is garbage now, and they're getting into academic and legal problems when they were not before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

Having to take chances at more at-risk players and team discipline has completely eroded on and off the field. The team's conditioning is garbage now, and they're getting into academic and legal problems when they were not before.

I just checked but Rutgers was one of the least penalized teams in 2014, so how has on field discipline eroded?

Also, Greg Schiano was ONE game over .500 (67-66) at Rutgers. Kyle Flood is 23-16.

It seems like the reality doesn't match up with the narrative you are telling.

• Locked thread