Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well she voluntarily married Stephen, yeah. wouldn't say her status as a minor is the sticking point though, it's that both Valentines are def predatory and she's held against her will and impregnated. unlike in GoT it doesn't serve a purpose other than being a Stand power up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That stand power-up was pretty much the culmination of Valentine's plans so I'm not sure I'd say it doesn't serve a purpose.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Lucy's pregnancy is weird as I think it's a reference to the Virgin Mary's immaculate conception as she got pregnant with the Corpse's skull which gave her Love Train or something.

I was really surprised her marriage was Stephen wasn't as creepy as it could've been. Him marrying a fourteen year old was super weird, but Stephen just did because he thought she was a wonderful person and just wanted to make her happy with his insane riches after she helped him which is way more :unsmith: than I initially thought the marriage of a 60 year old man and a 14 year old girl would be. Marrying a 60 year old is the least creepy thing that happens to Lucy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Araki actually expands on Lucy and Stephen's marriage later on, saying Stephen married her to prevent her from becoming collateral to be collected by the mafia over her father's debts. He even tells her later that he'll divorce her when she's old enough (to not be considered part of her father's family anymore) so she can marry whoever she wants.

Stephen Steel is good people.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

darealkooky posted:

I agree, insane gore where a guy's arm appears to fall out of the skin holding it is A-ok, but an awkward scene that doesn't even compare to the stuff they show on game of thrones? Terrible.

gently caress off with this poo poo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Stephan Steel is probably the one person who's more Good Guy than Speedwagon.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
^^^ Stephen is just Part 2 Speedwagon, but more Good Guy. Mountain Tim is Part 1 Speedwagon, but more active. Oh! Lonesome Me! was a rad Stand.

Bad Seafood posted:

Araki actually expands on Lucy and Stephen's marriage later on, saying Stephen married her to prevent her from becoming collateral to be collected by the mafia over her father's debts. He even tells her later that he'll divorce her when she's old enough (to not be considered part of her father's family anymore) so she can marry whoever she wants.

Stephen Steel is good people.
gently caress, I totally remember that now. Stephen Steel's pretty cool, really surprised that guy lived through Part 7, but drat if he didn't.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

That stand power-up was pretty much the culmination of Valentine's plans so I'm not sure I'd say it doesn't serve a purpose.

well yeah there's a purpose, but i'd ask if that purpose is worth what was done to her. for me it isn't, but Lucy is also such a good character outside of Love Train that i wouldn't hold it against SBR as a whole.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stephen Steel was cool but the whole thing felt like araki jumping backwards to try and desperately justify why the 60 year-old married the 14 year-old

Lucy is cool but drat if she's not involved with steel ball run's worst stuff

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

dogsicle posted:

well yeah there's a purpose, but i'd ask if that purpose is worth what was done to her. for me it isn't, but Lucy is also such a good character outside of Love Train that i wouldn't hold it against SBR as a whole.

You're also ignoring the purpose of establishing Valentine as predatory and ruthless, which are important character traits that we hadn't seen too much of at that point, iirc. It definitely is in there for more than shock value.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Moltrey posted:

^^^ Stephen is just Part 2 Speedwagon, but more Good Guy. Mountain Tim is Part 1 Speedwagon, but more active. Oh! Lonesome Me! was a rad Stand.

gently caress, I totally remember that now. Stephen Steel's pretty cool, really surprised that guy lived through Part 7, but drat if he didn't.

No, see, Pocoloco is Speedwagon. Doesn't do a ton of note, winds up stupidly rich via pure luck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

darealkooky posted:

I agree, insane gore where a guy's arm appears to fall out of the skin holding it is A-ok, but an awkward scene that doesn't even compare to the stuff they show on game of thrones? Terrible.

All I said was Scarlet was the creepiest of the weirdos trying to gently caress Lucy. Like it's a weird and JoJo as hell thing that does a great job of being unsettling. Sorry you had a spaz attack over it but I wasn't talking about how it was some super bad thing just that I had forgot Scarlet was THAT weird.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Lord of Hats posted:

No, see, Pocoloco is Speedwagon. Doesn't do a ton of note, winds up stupidly rich via pure luck.
True, but Mountain Tim also has Speedwagon's scar across his face and Stephen is an Insanely Rich Old Dude. But the Speedwagon Foundation exists in the SBR universe iirc so there is an actual Speedwagon.

Part 7: Everyone Is Speedwagon.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pocoloco is Poco but more loco.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hm, on a rewatch it looks like Vanilla Ice actually starts vampirizing in the middle of kicking Iggy and not when Polnareff stabs him like everyone says. I'm not sure if that was in the manga or not.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Aurora posted:

Hm, on a rewatch it looks like Vanilla Ice actually starts vampirizing in the middle of kicking Iggy and not when Polnareff stabs him like everyone says. I'm not sure if that was in the manga or not.

it's kind of weird, he swaps back and forth a couple of times it seems. plus, he's full vampire and walking around fine when that room is full of holes, but he doesn't start to vaporize till he's exposed to direct sunlight

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Condiv posted:

it's kind of weird, he swaps back and forth a couple of times it seems. plus, he's full vampire and walking around fine when that room is full of holes, but he doesn't start to vaporize till he's exposed to direct sunlight

That's always been a JoJo thing, sunlight only kills vampires when it hits them directly.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In the manga he never stands in direct sunlight until Polnareff kills him. DP having him pop out of Cream by the mansion entrance was kind of a bad move in my opinion.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bad Seafood posted:

In the manga he never stands in direct sunlight until Polnareff kills him. DP having him pop out of Cream by the mansion entrance was kind of a bad move in my opinion.
He had Cream between him and the sunrays, I imagine that would be adequate shade

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, it's not strictly contradictory, but it is kind of a mixed message, and is pretty unnecessary. Just have him stop 2 meters sooner.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nessus posted:

He had Cream between him and the sunrays, I imagine that would be adequate shade
I agree, but still think the proximity causes undue confusion.

Came across more than a few people saying "Wait, so he wasn't a vampire then?" "Nah dude, he was in the light."

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh hey, that dude who makes all those MADs got to Part 6.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh sick. I thought he just made them up to part 5 and stopped for whatever reason. In that case, I'm anticipating the part 7 MAD.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He keeps updates on a twitter, but I forget the handle. He's taking a long break for now though.

Pomp posted:

edit:this is a different artist btw

Unrealistic DIO reaction at the end there. I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

Also, the Mountain Tim - Speedwagon thing irks me and the only similarity is the scar. He's a filthy heathen who likes girls.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alternate universe Jonathan is the type of dude who'd kill a child, and Alternate universe Jotaro is Kira.

I don't think the SBR counterparts to guys are really supposed to have that much in common with the originals at all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Alternate universe Jonathan is the type of dude who'd kill a child, and Alternate universe Jotaro is Kira.

I don't think the SBR counterparts to guys are really supposed to have that much in common with the originals at all.

Gappy might be technically half Kira but he's not actually like Kira at all. He gets a boner over the typical things.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh hey, that dude who makes all those MADs got to Part 6.

i wish i could find the one for part 4 these days

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i wish i could find the one for part 4 these days

According to the /a/ pastebin, this is it.
E: wrong link originally
http://a.pomf.se/jorhqe.mp4

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 25, 2015

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Aurain posted:

Thank you.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Do you have a link to the pastebin itself? I want to save these MADs in case they all get taken from Youtube.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Worst Girl posted:

Do you have a link to the pastebin itself? I want to save these MADs in case they all get taken from Youtube.

Seconding this if the pastebin also has the Part 3 MAD.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It contains :filez: so I'm not sure it can be posted here
look on /a/

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've only seen the Part 4 one before, didn't know he did multiple.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yeah, I think he's done one for all the parts up to part 6. My favorites song-wise are the SDC and VA ones.

Here's a NND link to the SDC MAD, but you need to sign up to the site to actually see it. I like how he added the voice and sound clips from the old Capcom game toward the end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Copied verbatim from /a/'s pastebin, which as hatty says also has fileshare links so I'm not going to post that here.

quote:

Individual Links:
Parts 1 & 2 - http://a.pomf.se/rytlvx.mp4
Part 3 - http://a.pomf.se/qmxioa.mp4
Part 4 - http://a.pomf.se/jorhqe.mp4
Part 5 - http://a.pomf.se/jqqrlv.mp4
Part 6 - http://a.pomf.se/wwxiug.mp4

The Part 7 MAD is due sometime next year, you can follow くろはら on Twitter or Nico for more updates:
https://twitter.com/roha_nes
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/18318792

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Aurain posted:

thank you very much

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Aurain posted:

Copied verbatim from /a/'s pastebin, which as hatty says also has fileshare links so I'm not going to post that here.

Like Agent Kool-Aid said, thank you so much.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i wonder what was up with josuke's iris splitting in the latest chapter

that was p freaky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Haven't his irises always been split? I remember it zooming in on Josuke's eyes when Nijimura was talking about them.

• Locked thread