Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Eating vegan is fine as long as you let the veggies and stuff be veggies and stuff. Trying to imitate some animal product is just going to end in misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Me and my vegan ortolans disagree.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid posted:

They use Asafetida as a substitute (doesn't work very well).

Asafoetida is a weird spice. It tastes good but sometimes smells off-putting (like when its used as snack/junk food flavoring, in my experience...I guess because it was uncooked?), but because it tastes good I don't care.

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't trust people who don't like hummus and/or falafel. :colbert:

An excellent policy, sir.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
mods please namechange to Vegan Ortolan

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

SaltyJesus posted:

mods please namechange to Vegan Ortolan

There's a haute cuisine version using whole figs, mushrooms, and a dried tofu "body"

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
haha nah, i preferred the angry birds aesthetic of your homemade ones :3:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Where is your pizza god now?

Also: http://food52.com/blog/4395-mary-s-healthy-ice-cream-sandwiches?utm_source=Tumblr&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Social

That's toasted bread.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Are those supposed to look bad? Because they look good.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Bread with ice cream tastes just fine. I like it because cookies and ice cream are a little too sweet together and I'm not a huge fan of super-sugary things.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

NLJP posted:

Plenty, there's quite a few Jains out there and they are exclusive vegans (and also don't eat roots, so no onions, garlic or potato)

Much of south india doesn't cook with very much fat, it's really north india and pakistan that does. That's still generalising though, considering how huge and varied India is.

Man I've gotta say, that's a bullshit rule. Total deal breaker for me. I mean vegan is already pushing it come on.

That food looks great though.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fox Cunning posted:

Man I've gotta say, that's a bullshit rule. Total deal breaker for me. I mean vegan is already pushing it come on.

They use asafoetida instead, which has a similar flavor to garlic and onions.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Roro posted:

Now THAT'S a french fry pizza.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cash crab posted:

Now THAT'S a french fry pizza.

I really want to eat it.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Rah! posted:

They use asafoetida instead, which has a similar flavor to garlic and onions.

In Europe you can sometimes find wild garlic (ramsons, bear's garlic, it has a ton of nicknames in English) whose leaves taste exactly like garlic.

SaltyJesus has a new favorite as of 21:22 on May 25, 2015

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I just think it'd be too starchy to taste. The kind of thing that clogs your throat up and makes it hurt to swallow.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Roro posted:

My pizza god is getting dropped for the new pizza god that brought in that lovely heart attack.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Roro posted:

This is really a bad idea. The fries will get all soggy

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Roro posted:

There's a restaurant in parts of California called Fat Sal's that just opened up an Austin TX location. "Pepperoni Pizza Fries" is one of the items on their menu.

I've had it and it's delicious.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This is really a bad idea. The fries will get all soggy

You're not supposed to be eating for that long

You unhinge your jaw like a snake and cram it into your gullet in a single bite, like the way a Boxer might do with an entire chicken carcass. Get your poo poo together

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I prefer pre-chewing it, and then slurping the goop up.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
There's a place around here that does pizza fries. Our table of four very stoned people ordered some as an appetizer, and we couldn't make it halfway through. Not that it wasn't good, everyone loved it for the first few bites, but it was the single heaviest thing I've ever eaten and it got pretty nauseating pretty fast.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Rah! posted:

I prefer pre-chewing it, and then slurping the goop up.

I've been experimenting with throwing up on things and letting stomach acids dissolve them and then hoovering everything back up, like a fly

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Occasionally I'll take my cat out on a harness when I'm messing around in the backyard, and she get crazy excited about chowing down on grass/weeds while she's out there. This looks like what I find on the kitchen floor the next morning.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

That just looks like left-over Chinese take-out that's been left in a tupperware container too long and all the grease and poo poo has congealed.
Which is still nast.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah, but if you put it in a skillet for a bit and warmed it up it'd probably be perfectly edible.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

That's creamed peas on toast. It doesn't photograph well, but it's awesome and delicious.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You really cannot photograph chili and spaghetti well, even at the best places it looks like a mess. But it's still insanely good, mainly by being pretty much impossible to gently caress up.

I say 'pretty much' but I'm pretty sure that company hosed up.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
No rules in pizza.

HAVE EIGHT FUCKEN MEAT PIES ON YER PIZZA, COBBER.

*not australia's favorite lovechild

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

wood

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Is that brand being called Four 'n Twenty an obvious reference to the Columbine massacre? Big, if true.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ErIog posted:

Is that brand being called Four 'n Twenty an obvious reference to the Columbine massacre? Big, if true.

They offer 14 different crusts and 88 unique toppings.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ErIog posted:

Or maybe it's a reference to :okpos: which would make lots of sense. There's no way whoever thought that pizza up wasn't stoned out of their skulls.

Bobby Digital posted:

There is no escaping the pizza hitlers.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bet it looks exactly the same when you poop it out

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The spaghetti noodles look so bloated, it's almost like udon

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Japan's taking their ice cream floats to the next level.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Hard to speak to its practicality but this is, if nothing else, an impressive feat of pizza engineering.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This is too much relevant content and I want you to leave.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fox Cunning posted:

That's because onions and garlic are near exclusively used to season meat dishes in Indian cuisine. So they're considered non-vegetarian by proxy. On certain holidays Indians will abstain from these as well as animal by-products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

ErIog posted:

Bobby Digital posted:

Rah! posted:

Or maybe it's a reference to :okpos: which would make lots of sense. There's no way whoever thought that pizza up wasn't stoned out of their skulls.

quote:

Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds,
Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?

what's a nursery rhyme? :confused:

e:The true face of Chicago

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 07:18 on May 26, 2015