Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

It was your own fault for jumping to a beacon instead of a station dock.

Because people are stupid.

Back then it wasn't always an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Viva Miriya posted:

Another one bites the dust: https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/46841834/
#DeathToSupercaps #Omnipotence #Imperium

didn't want that super anyways~

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bonfire Lit posted:

when exactly did "awox" change meaning (again) to "killing neutrals"?

I did not bother clicking on the reddit link but the story being told here as I understand it is that some TNT dude killed a blue jump freighter, filmed it, and then posted on reddit crowing about it.

If not clicking on /r/eve to verify the details of this super important spaceship death has led me to a wrong conclusion then that's a small price to pay and I am content with my decision to instead post about it here.

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

:ohdear: Is it bad that I've lost two? In my defense the first was a standings bug that got reimbursed but the second was a midpoint jump with a neutral in system. Got a face full of Aeon, lost the freighter and about 5 billion worth of Darius' poo poo. Luckily he went and became a dev like a week later.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/12567195/ Yep that happened. There was also a chimera tagging along who made it into the POS shields with like 4 hull HP to spare.

I dunno who flies around Antimatar these days but you seem to lose a lot of carriers dude

:hf: Lost JF at midpoint buddy http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=9572162

Sometime around the Delve/Syndicate exodus, me and another goon set up an alt corp in the drone lands. I was jumping out alloys because for a compression business, and he was building caps. At the time, I was dual-boxing my jumps from the same (terrible) laptop. Light cyno at safeish midpoint, switch accounts, cyno in, jump to lowsec, swap, cyno, repeat. This particular time my laptop shat itself and froze up for a minute after cynoing in. Oops.

Absolutely deserved to get blown up, considering how unsafe and janky my setup was. And for trying to dualbox on a Thinkpad T60. Still makes me laugh a bit when I think about how terrible I was am at Eve. :shobon:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's all of like a dozen people good at eve, don't feel bad friend.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you ever feel bad about the state of eve just read the star citizen thread on better and it will make you realize things aren't as bad as they seem

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

:ohdear: Is it bad that I've lost two? In my defense the first was a standings bug that got reimbursed but the second was a midpoint jump with a neutral in system. Got a face full of Aeon, lost the freighter and about 5 billion worth of Darius' poo poo. Luckily he went and became a dev like a week later.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/12567195/ Yep that happened. There was also a chimera tagging along who made it into the POS shields with like 4 hull HP to spare.

I dunno who flies around Antimatar these days but you seem to lose a lot of carriers dude
The first could have been overeager blues that bumped you off a station undock. That doesn't count. The second one is bad if you had the option to mid through a station and didn't. Lessons learned I guess?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

my favorite people in eve are the lowsec 'pirates' that talk mad poo poo on ratters on weekends but are running missions all week to make up for their dumb loving losses.

EVE has a significant contingent that is heartily convinced they're the only ones that would use a highsec alt to generate income; everyone else running missions must be an incurable carebear that is held back from convincing CCP to create 'WoW' in space only by incessant sanctimonious preaching about 'content creation' on the official forums.

edit - to be clear, I don't have any problem with ganking, scamming or whatever, it's mostly the incessant shitposting about it like a bunch of fundamentalists.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
So I'm sitting here bored on base on Memorial Day, bored enough that I decide to see if anything has happened in Eve in the last month or two. To my surprise I'm greeted by a fantastic Endie post that makes it seem like we've finally realized our totalitarian destiny, having thrown off the shackles of Dominion Sov. Can someone summarize/post the relevant CEO Update for me?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Red Crown posted:

So I'm sitting here bored on base on Memorial Day, bored enough that I decide to see if anything has happened in Eve in the last month or two. To my surprise I'm greeted by a fantastic Endie post that makes it seem like we've finally realized our totalitarian destiny, having thrown off the shackles of Dominion Sov. Can someone summarize/post the relevant CEO Update for me?

dominion sov still exists for like 8 weeks or so, and we still own quite a bit of space, but we consolidated by throwing off fountain and delve/pb/q because they would have been hard to defend under the replacement to dominion sov

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Red Crown posted:

We collectively won EVE and everyone is playing H1Z1 while waiting for the shoe to drop. Fozziesov will either be the best thing ever or will kill the game, depending on who you ask.

The only blue groups doing anything interesting atm are Reavers and some dudes permacamping 5ZXX again so the can run missionsso they can try to break MOA's will to live. Syndicate seems to have come back to life a bit as well.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nietzschean posted:

I did not bother clicking on the reddit link but the story being told here as I understand it is that some TNT dude killed a blue jump freighter, filmed it, and then posted on reddit crowing about it.

It was a neutral freighter alt. As has been mentioned a few times in this very thread.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vyst posted:

If you ever feel bad about the state of eve just read the star citizen thread on better and it will make you realize things aren't as bad as they seem

Haven't they collected like a hundred million dollars at this point? They should have enough money by now to re-enact the game in real space with real ships.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Red Crown posted:

Hi red crown

come back and play space ships

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
considering the money in/content out ratio star citizen will soon overtake duke nukem forever

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

They actually just created another ship to fundraise with. :shobon:

To be honest, I'm in the group that thinks that SC will actually get made. The real question is: when, and in what state. Even if they stuck to their original schedule, they've said that they plan to finish their single-player campaign before they start working on the persistent universe; the persistent universe won't even be in alpha until late 2016 / early 2017. And that's on the original schedule, which they are currently nine months behind.

Imagine the changes that are going to come to the gaming world between now and 2017. That's an entire console generation, folks. At a minimum, NVidia will have the Pascal architecture out, Intel's going to be starting their 10nm Tick cycle with Cannonlake. There's a devil's choice to be made at that time: "delay to bring it up to snuff" versus "release something that looks like rear end by modern standards."

For comparison, if you take the same two years and look back at 2013, the new hotness was Dust 514. (The original version, before the graphics patch.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 25, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ullerrm posted:

They actually just created another ship to fundraise with. :shobon:

To be honest, I'm in the group that thinks that SC will actually get made. The real question is: when, and in what state. Even if they stuck to their original schedule, they've said that they plan to finish their single-player campaign before they start working on the persistent universe; the persistent universe won't even be in alpha until late 2016 / early 2017. And that's on the original schedule, which they are currently nine months behind.

Imagine the changes that are going to come to the gaming world between now and 2017. That's an entire console generation, folks. At a minimum, NVidia will have the Pascal architecture out, Intel's going to be starting their 10nm Tick cycle with Cannonlake. There's a devil's choice to be made at that time: "delay to bring it up to snuff" versus "release something that looks like rear end by modern standards."

For comparison, if you take the same two years and look back at 2013, the new hotness was Dust 514. (The original version, before the graphics patch.)

The level at which nerds scrutinize the minutiae of every little thing CIG does good and bad created an unrealistic expectation from the outset. With that said, Croberts did a lot of that to himself because he had to sucker idiots to pay their salaries before a game was even made.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

ChickenWing posted:

Hi red crown

come back and play space ships

I legitimately miss you guys, hah. Thanks to an injury I actually have about a month (or more :smith:) where I have almost nothing to do, but my current facility doesn't have internet. I'm stuck with phone poo pooposting most of the time.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

We collectively won EVE and everyone is playing H1Z1 while waiting for the shoe to drop. Fozziesov will either be the best thing ever or will kill the game, depending on who you ask.

The only blue groups doing anything interesting atm are Reavers and some dudes permacamping 5ZXX again so the can run missionsso they can try to break MOA's will to live. Syndicate seems to have come back to life a bit as well.

To be honest, that sounds kind of like what things were like when I ragequit :v: Maybe I'll check out this H1Z1 thing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cap I see you posting if you still want to goon eve pm me here

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
[edit - the recall program no longer exists]

Beige fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 25, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

which they are currently nine months behind.

Last I heard they were closer to 18 months behind schedule. The FPS component was already supposed to be out and the ship PVP component has been out for about a year now and their netcode can't handle more than 6 people in a session without making GBS threads the bed.

Their only hope is the singleplayer campaign, especially since the people making it are on the other side of the planet from Chris Roberts.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 25, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

If you paid money for Star Citizen you deserve everything that happens to you in this life and the next.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

If you paid money for Star Citizen you deserve everything that happens to you in this life and the next.

at least some people who paid for star citizen will have good things happen to them by accident

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Their only hope is the singleplayer campaign, especially since the people making it are on the other side of the planet from Chris Roberts.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the part of the game that the old *Commander/*Lancer crowd actually want to see the most.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

at least some people who paid for star citizen will have good things happen to them by accident

To quote a far better scifi source: TANJ

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I got a solo kill! Someday my killboard will be in the green. Eventually.

That happens, right? :ohdear:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Traveller posted:

In Miniluv it does.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

polyfractal posted:

:hf: Lost JF at midpoint buddy http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=9572162

Sometime around the Delve/Syndicate exodus, me and another goon set up an alt corp in the drone lands. I was jumping out alloys because for a compression business, and he was building caps. At the time, I was dual-boxing my jumps from the same (terrible) laptop. Light cyno at safeish midpoint, switch accounts, cyno in, jump to lowsec, swap, cyno, repeat. This particular time my laptop shat itself and froze up for a minute after cynoing in. Oops.

Absolutely deserved to get blown up, considering how unsafe and janky my setup was. And for trying to dualbox on a Thinkpad T60. Still makes me laugh a bit when I think about how terrible I was am at Eve. :shobon:

I actually got really lucky. This was right around the time I took over Doc Ungabungas shipping business, so I ended up losing a single persons stuff who didn't care vs having to reimburse 100 goons.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Otacon posted:

In Miniluv it does.

Just saying that word makes me hard for tears

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Traveller posted:

I cheated by being part of some live events targetting carriers. Now my killboard will be in the green forever. :smugbird:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Even after losing the most expensive ship I've ever lost (1.5b:shobon:) my HS characters kb is still very much green. I have no idea how that is the case, but it is.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Okay, which one of you has the FW button-orbiting alt named fr0gout :colbert:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Traveller posted:

Just have your cap pilot show up at br-5 and rack up hundreds of billions of kills without even trying to killmail whore :sun:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I can't even fly battleships :gonk:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

If you even care about killboards being green, you're doing it wrong. I'll gladly welp a hundred cheap ships if it means I get one amazing fight that I'll be talking about for weeks afterwards.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

If you even care about killboards being green, you're doing it wrong. I'll gladly welp a hundred cheap ships if it means I get one amazing fight that I'll be talking about for weeks afterwards.

Grumps' post really doesn't capture what HS actually does.

We took a few brawls this weekend, good ones, and came out the worse in both of them. Neither was a total welp, but both involved losing 1b+ ships while learning the WH AHAC brawling meta against decent opponents. The Isogen-5 fight grumps died in went south due to a combination of 3 things -

https://beta.eve-kill.net/related/31001741/201505241900/ - this was actually their 13 vs our 11 in our home with links, so not that 1-sided

1-it started as out before we were completely ready with the standard flirting baiting -ganking-counterganking shuffle, which resulted in a notlupus being in a blackbird rather than something heavier, and our FC, dom, in one of the logi and a jamming tengu. This is what killed us.
2-Isogen got some really good hits with the ECM from their stratios and the ECM drones on Dom's logi, 4 cycles. That'd be the back luck
3-We didn't get perfect calls on neuts and jams being split on their guardians, and DPS on the third. So, we couldn't break them before they sorted out neuts and DPS on our 3 guardians.

So, a damned good fight, but one we lost. I got my poo poo out this time, but not the last, where we made a more basic mistake (I was the only guardian :downs:). Still, learning experiences.

What grumps means is that w-space also provides a steady trickle of people doing stupid poo poo in expensive ships:

https://beta.eve-kill.net/related/31001069/201505252200/

Wolf Rayet, Paladin Pod, active Gila. One of these is not like the other. Totally worth collapsing the connection behind ourselves to murder that.

KaoliniteMilkshake fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 26, 2015

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

ullerrm posted:

To be fair I had more fun the time I got blown up than when I killed the guy, mostly because one was an actual fight and I'm not sure the guy even realized I was around before his armor was at mid-point in the other one.

The joke is that I'm a bad and the KB will never be green.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I don't really care about having a green kb, but it's nice to have. The day I refuse to undock because I'm worried about kb stats is the day I biomass every character on every account I own.

edit: coordinating neuts and jams is hard:downs:

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 26, 2015

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I don't really care about having a green kb, but it's nice to have. The day I refuse to undock because I'm worried about kb stats is the day I biomass every character on every account I own.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
KB stats are cool and fun to look at but all they really show is player activity, not really skill or experience. Like having dope kb efficiency really just says you either are really risk averse or shoot a bunch of moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
My killboard is really green this week

in World of Warships

• Locked thread