Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3742y8/jpbf_new_7_units_info_5242015/

New JP units coming out soon. Noteworthy is the Fire unit becoming the new god of BB generation and management and the Light unit with an infinite AoE SBB.

It'll probably be a few months before we get these though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh neat that new batch's dark unit already makes Colt obsolete because their LS and SBB are flat out superior in any way that matters. Thanks Gumi.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh neat that new batch's dark unit already makes Colt obsolete because their LS and SBB are flat out superior in any way that matters. Thanks Gumi.

And with the nature of power creep being what it is, how much you want to bet that the 7* SBS units are on par with these monsters here?

Still no content deserving of any boosts like that in Global, but :jerkbag:

EDIT:

Ratmtattat posted:

the Light unit with an infinite AoE SBB.

A rather weak AoE SBB for a 7*, and like a bunch of people have noted, the only time this would be relevant is in a multi-target boss with BC gen resistance... of which the only thing I can think of is Trial X2, which is...global only. Supercolt and the BC Ubergenerator, on the other hand, those are obscene.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 24, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Are the game designers so empty of ideas that the only thing they can think of is just making better versions of existing units?

At least the global one had new mechanics from Ultor's taunt to Tridon's shield.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Either the designers at Alim and Gumi are incapable of designing cost/rarity-restricted dungeons like PAD has, or they lack the manpower to do so. For these kinds of games having restriction dungeons can mean people now have a reason to keep even more units, spending more gems on spaces/summons and you can even put in the occasional utter bullshit dungeon like PAD did with Gaia.

Though Gumi would probably make them all give 6* units that're largely useless. It's amazing just how rare non-REM units have been useful in this game compared to others like PAD.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I hope they release a global exclusive 4* restricted dungeon a month after releasing the achievement store. gently caress us over coming and going. :unsmigghh:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I pulled enough of the Guardians of Meirith batch that I think I'll skip a few batches at least until we get new content. As is you're just pulling better units to autobattle poo poo with.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I think they're stuck in this constant cycle of mostly unit releases because the sales probably show that unit releases make them the most money while content releases do not. I can't imagine how many whales this game has but I bet it's a fair few - the amount of "200-500 gem summon video!" poo poo on youtube is unbelievable. I bet they really warp the averages because they just CAN'T not have the new unit even if it bankrupts them. I worked with a guy once who was in trouble with his parents for borrowing $20k and spending it ALL on PAD. Twenty thousand loving dollars on a poop game.

Was it really that hard to figure out for Gumi that achievement store = dupes are no longer rage inducing bullshit since you can turn them into something good, which therefore = more people summoning units in general? And that content is what hooks a player long-term so you can extract as much out of them as possible over time?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Ratmtattat posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3742y8/jpbf_new_7_units_info_5242015/

New JP units coming out soon. Noteworthy is the Fire unit becoming the new god of BB generation and management and the Light unit with an infinite AoE SBB.

It'll probably be a few months before we get these though.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The level of power creep in this game makes M:TG look like chess.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

nightwisher posted:

I worked with a guy once who was in trouble with his parents for borrowing $20k and spending it ALL on PAD. Twenty thousand loving dollars on a poop game.

Ugh, that probably crosses a line from just having too much disposable income to full on psychosis. I felt guilty about dropping around 100 into this game over the course of 5-6 months. My general rule of thumb is 1 dollar per hour of entertainment. That's about what I get out of a xbox game at least.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
Loving my new arena team with Magress leader. I never even come close to losing. It can also autobattle CTW so I never even have to change squads.

This might be common knowledge but something I just figured out. Once you get within 3k of your next rank you can refresh until you find someone who is already at the next rank. This guarantees they will have a higher ADP and you'll get 150-200 pts easy. Also I love finding these time capsule teams.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Trebek posted:

Ugh, that probably crosses a line from just having too much disposable income to full on psychosis. I felt guilty about dropping around 100 into this game over the course of 5-6 months. My general rule of thumb is 1 dollar per hour of entertainment. That's about what I get out of a xbox game at least.

That's nothing, the storeman at the fastener supplier place I worked at years ago was in debt in excess of $180k on credit cards and loans, all spent on building stupidly expensive gaming rigs and other ridiculous gamer poo poo. One highlight was when he spent $400 getting someone to send him a disc with the NBA Live '06 demo burnt on it, just so he could play it before it was available here (australia). Not sure why that cost $400.

On topic, I really hope they add in Claire/Colt's ES effect with the AS patch. Almost got my Colt max imped and UBB unlocked. So close.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

First half of the Aaron batch is out, but there don't appear to be any rate ups. Pull at your own risk.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Ratmtattat posted:

First half of the Aaron batch is out, but there don't appear to be any rate ups. Pull at your own risk.

Quoting because it's important. THERE ARE NO RATES UP. Not for the batch units, not for rainbow gates either. Nothing.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Damegane posted:

Quoting because it's important. THERE ARE NO RATES UP. Not for the batch units, not for rainbow gates either. Nothing.

The only thing that is guaranteed is 4* or higher, which I GUESS halfway asstastically means there's a "rate-up" going on, but it's not for anything new.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Ratmtattat posted:

I didn't realize that when I was pulling, I mostly read the reddit thread and they assumed there was a rate up due to the batch being splitting into 2 parts.

After buying all the bundle chests, I decided tried my luck in getting a Aaron for my Dark team.

Here are my highlights from 20 pulls(11 summon tickets and 45 gems):
Larking Kira(G) (My first one and only one of the Feeva batch I didn't get yet)
Aurelia(B) (I had a feeling I was going to pull her in this batch)
Frozen Blade Colt (A) (My 3rd dupe)
Cerulean Dragon Rubeus (B) (My first new unit from this batch)
:woop: Ominous Slasher Aaron (B) :woop:

In the end I got the exact unit I wanted despite not having a rate up event, though I probally won't try to get Raaga in the 2nd half.

Majinfefnir13 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 26, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Who's a better lead for Arena, Kuda or Rosetta? I have both now and I plan to get her to 6 star level max.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The important things about Arena are LS and drop checks; Rosetta has 12x2 DC (so 24 chances) and a leader skill that boosts spark damage and generates BC on spark. Thing is, arena AI is... pretty drat bad at sparking. Kuda, on the other hand, has 15x2 DC (so 30 chances) and a 20% reduction in gauge needed. I'm not sure how exactly the "reduction in gauge" skills work but I'm pretty sure you still have to get the same amount of crystals, you just don't spend them all when you burst - functionally useless in arena. Both are good units, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure how good either of them are as arena leads.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
How does math work in this game. Say I have a unit with base 1000 atk who has a legwand gem (+25%). Then that unit is under a leader who has +100% atk and who's extra skill is another 20% (magress).

Also for the sake of lols what would that unit's atk be once a ATK buff is applied like Zergel's +130%?

Casual Friday fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 25, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Casual Friday posted:

How does math work in this game. Say I have a unit with base 1000 atk who has a legwand gem (+25%). Then that unit is under a leader who has +100% atk and who's extra skill is another 20% (magress).

Also for the sake of lols what would that unit's atk be once a ATK buff is applied like Zergel's +130%?

That unit would have 2500 Atk; 1000 base + 25% from the Legwand, followed by +100% from LS. Magress's ES only affects himself. If Magress was the unit we're talking about, then he'd actually lose HP activating his ES, since having it active means equipping the Leomurg, which would replace the Legwand and not boost Atk at all. (For the sake of argument, a 1000 atk Vargas would end up with 3120 Atk: 1000 atk +30% (Dandelga) +100% (LS) +20% (ES).)

Not sure how the Atk buff would factor in, but I do know that high Atk/Def has diminishing returns with regards to damage output; that unit wouldn't be much stronger - maybe 100-200 damage per hit - than an unboosted 2000 attacker in the same squad.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 25, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Casual Friday posted:

You can find the formula and a breakdown of it here.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
E: or that ^^^. That explanation is a lot more comprehensive and covers the entire damage formula.

The formula runs something like this:

Base ATK * (1 + equipment + ES + LS + BB multiplier)

So, in a scenario where the unit has
- 1000 ATK
- Legwand equipped (25% all stats)
- some kind of ES that gives 20% all stats
- is in a squad with a 50% ATK boost LS
- just received a 100% ATK buff in battle
- BB damage modifier of 200%
- neutral element hit, not critting, not sparking

The unit will deal
Normal attack = 1000 * (1 + 0.25 + 0.2 + 0.5) = 1950 damage
BB = 1000 * (1 + 0.25 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 2) = 3950 damage

So, ATK buffs affect normal attack damage quite heavily, but don't scale so well with BBs since BB multipliers get pretty high. Average SBB multiplier for 6* units is 400-500%, and for 7* the current standard is straight 500% or more. And then you got the outliers like the single-target infinite SBB units who do at least 600% every turn, and Mifune with his silly 800% damage SBB.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 26, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

The important things about Arena are LS and drop checks; Rosetta has 12x2 DC (so 24 chances) and a leader skill that boosts spark damage and generates BC on spark. Thing is, arena AI is... pretty drat bad at sparking. Kuda, on the other hand, has 15x2 DC (so 30 chances) and a 20% reduction in gauge needed. I'm not sure how exactly the "reduction in gauge" skills work but I'm pretty sure you still have to get the same amount of crystals, you just don't spend them all when you burst - functionally useless in arena. Both are good units, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure how good either of them are as arena leads.

Kuda's LS reduces the total cost of BB/SBB/UBB by 20%. It doesn't refund BC or reduce the activation cost lower than the total cost. It makes a big difference with units with very expensive BB. BC effectiveness LS is probably better for any unit with a non-expensive BB cost.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nightwisher posted:

Kuda's LS reduces the total cost of BB/SBB/UBB by 20%. It doesn't refund BC or reduce the activation cost lower than the total cost. It makes a big difference with units with very expensive BB. BC effectiveness LS is probably better for any unit with a non-expensive BB cost.

If that's the case then he's by far the superior Arena lead, yeah. I have no idea how the cheaper activation LSes actually *function* in game, especially in circumstances when the LS can be shut off halfway through a fight (see: Zelvahula)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Annointed posted:

Who's a better lead for Arena, Kuda or Rosetta? I have both now and I plan to get her to 6 star level max.

Kuda's a better arena leader, though units like Feeva and Elza are arguably still better than him.

As for drop checks I have a unit with a +hits sphere (and sol creator) so he alone has a 100 DC count and ensures I have 5 BB and multiple SBB for round 2, or 4-5 SBB for round 2 if Elza's leading. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kuda's a better arena leader, though units like Feeva and Elza are arguably still better than him.

As for drop checks I have a unit with a +hits sphere (and sol creator) so he alone has a 100 DC count and ensures I have 5 BB and multiple SBB for round 2, or 4-5 SBB for round 2 if Elza's leading. :getin:

Would you say Elza's a better arena lead or Rin? Assuming I don't have a Zelnite (or Feeva) of course. Same Len +hits +Sol creator combo as a crystal-genner.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Majinfefnir13 posted:

I didn't realize that when I was pulling, I mostly read the reddit thread and they assumed there was a rate up due to the batch being splitting into 2 parts.

After buying all the bundle chests, I decided tried my luck in getting a Aaron for my Dark team.

Here are my highlights from 20 pulls(11 summon tickets and 45 gems):
Larking Kira(G) (My first one and only one of the Feeva batch I didn't get yet)
Aurelia(B) (I had a feeling I was going to pull her in this batch)
Frozen Blade Colt (A) (My 3rd dupe)
Cerulean Dragon Rubeus (B) (My first new unit from this batch)
:woop: Ominous Slasher Aaron (B) :woop:

In the end I got the exact unit I wanted despite not having a rate up event, though I probally won't try to get Raaga in the 2nd half.

Nice! I managed to get Rubeus, which I wanted because I'm a huge loser for dragon stuff. Can't wait for Thursday so I can build him up and screw around some more.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Distrata posted:

So, Gumi announced that the Achievement Store will be coming on the 26th.

So apparently unless someone misheard "Achievement" as "Heroes of Elgaia stages", things are once again going exactly as everyone expected.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

So apparently unless someone misheard "Achievement" as "Heroes of Elgaia stages", things are once again going exactly as everyone expected.

Not sure what you mean but the achievement store is already in and working, bought Claire's sphere a little while ago.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fatigued posted:

Not sure what you mean but the achievement store is already in and working, bought Claire's sphere a little while ago.

Oh. :downs: I forgot that it was in the same place you get Metal Keys from.

Is the BP shop still borked for everyone else, too, or is that just me?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Finally.

FINALLY.

Get your Claires and Colts out everyone, time to party :getin:

edit: ~50k points just from retroactive achievements, and at least another 50k from units.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 26, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Wow this is awesome. Finally a use for Karma. I can finally get more sphere frogs too.

Edit: Oh is there a max per day? That's gay as hell. Traded enough karma for 4k points and now it won't let me get rid of any dupes.

Just having Claire/Colt in the same squad appears to be working. Will have to wait to tomorrow to get Colt's sphere :(

Trebek fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 26, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
16k HP on my lvl 120 Breaker max hp imped Colt :getin:

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 26, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
What was the other leader? I just used your Colt and it was 12.3k with my Claire lead.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

And it crashes every time I try to trade in units or do anything. :sigh:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It's fun to load up on points and get stuff, but keep a bunch of points in reserve for special deals that may be offered. A while back a Malice Jewel was being offered in JP for 15,000 points. It lasted I think a week at that price. You want to keep points available just in case.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Trebek posted:

What was the other leader? I just used your Colt and it was 12.3k with my Claire lead.

I used another colt leader for the extra HP bonus, the having them together in a party ES isn't in yet, it's coming june 1st. Then I can switch out ice blade to a malice and combined with a Claire friend should hit 17k.

edit: oh i wrote 16k, my bad it's 15k.

TARDISman posted:

And it crashes every time I try to trade in units or do anything. :sigh:

Try reinstalling the app, fixes it for a bunch of people.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 26, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Oh. :downs: I forgot that it was in the same place you get Metal Keys from.

Is the BP shop still borked for everyone else, too, or is that just me?

What? i'm looking for it in the administration office but I don't see anything. i doubt I'll be able to afford Colt's frozen blade but if I can I drat well sure want to get it now.

I can't seem to find this dang thing.

E: i'm relaunching the game, maybe it just didn't update or something.

EE: yah thats all it was. weird.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 26, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Agent355 posted:

What? i'm looking for it in the administration office but I don't see anything. i doubt I'll be able to afford Colt's frozen blade but if I can I drat well sure want to get it now.

I can't seem to find this dang thing.

If you can't see the option in the administration building then check and make sure your app is updated, maybe restart the app and your device. Worst case reinstall it.

The sphere is sold in the exchange hall, under spheres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The gently caress. The game was glitching out so I reinstalled it and logged in using my facebook but it made me go through the tutorial again and I don't have any of my stuff.

Did I just lose like 2 weeks of progress?

And yes I double checked before I uninstalled that I was logged into facebook on my account.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 26, 2015

• Locked thread