Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I have 30/30/30 str/skill/arcane stats on my first character with 5 bloodtinge.

Burial Blade, Blades of Mercy, Tonitus, and Logarius's Wheel all definitely scale with arcane, though the wheel only uses it on its spell attack thing I think.

The actual spells in this game are extremely underwhelming, but I prefer that to Darksouls tbh. I mostly just run around with Old Hunters Bone.

My pistol shots only doing like 3 dmg is kinda sad in pvp though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i haven't tried using the blades of mercy yet, i just bought them on ng+ and need to get high enough skill

are they as fully sick as dual daggers should be?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
They or Beast Claws probably have the most dps in the game but you have 0 reach and give up your firearm.

If you are in one-handed mode the short-sword thing is worse than Ludwig's 1h in every way.

If you can stick to something for a few seconds you will shred it though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the beast claws a lot more. but the blade of mercy does a ton of damage when you do a sidestep or rolling attack, which makes it good for pwning big bosses that turn slowly, and fast enemies like other hunters/players.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, and u should lvl up your stamina if you use them, because if u mash r1, the attacks come out even faster after the third hit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting the hang of the cane, but i still think i'm going to switch over to ludwigs when the time is right. it's weird not having a heavy attack.

anyway, i'm at lvl 20, haven't started cathedral ward yet, and have the summoning bell. i'll post here w/ my psn on friday when i get free from work.

Dec 26, 2012

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I have 30/30/30 str/skill/arcane stats on my first character with 5 bloodtinge.

Burial Blade, Blades of Mercy, Tonitus, and Logarius's Wheel all definitely scale with arcane, though the wheel only uses it on its spell attack thing I think.

The actual spells in this game are extremely underwhelming, but I prefer that to Darksouls tbh. I mostly just run around with Old Hunters Bone.

My pistol shots only doing like 3 dmg is kinda sad in pvp though.

augur of ebreitas is super useful as a way to keep up a combo while getting some stamina back

Zodar
May 21, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

using it on NPCs is intensely satisfying

i can't remember which thread this came from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayguEP405mI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe I suck this much rear end at this game after taking like, a one month break. I've probably died more times to Gascoigne on this new character than I did on my first playthrough....

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I can't believe I suck this much rear end at this game after taking like, a one month break. I've probably died more times to Gascoigne on this new character than I did on my first playthrough....

why dont you jerk me off about it homo!!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ha ha but for real, that stinks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

why dont you jerk me off about it homo!!

I would love that.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I made a new character and tried to kill Eileen at level 14 but she's whipping my rear end over and over and whispering cool action hero finisher lines at me while she does it :kiddo:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
"Do you still have dreams?... tell the little doll I said hello"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
u can cheese eileen really easy when you first find her.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Does she leash back to the balcony when you run out or something? Cuz right now I get a backstab and a few good parry viscerals and some chip damage and she's still at 50% then kills me.

Idk I kinda want to 'earn' her badge

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 22, 2015

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Does she leash back to the balcony when you run out or something? Cuz right now I get a backstab and a few good parry viscerals and some chip damage and she's still at 50% then kills me.

Idk I kinda want to 'earn' her badge

no when u go through the doorway to her from the rafters area there's these barrels and boxes and poo poo a little bit in fronft of you and to the left. you just break them to make room, go get her pissed off, and then run to where the barrels/boxes were. she'll get stuck on a wooden plank handrail thing 9 times out of10 and you can kick her rear end without repurcussion. except for the weight it will leave on your gamer conscience

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
earning her badge is fun because the hunter fight at the end is pretty epic especially when u walk into the cathedral and hes lit up by the lamp and it looks like he has badass devil wings

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
it's super easy to cheese that guy too because he will activate his chikage and then just not chase you. his health will slowly drain and he will die. easy peasy but you miss out on another epic hunter duel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes pretty challenging but hes no more difficult than some of the bosses soi i suggest fighting him normally for max fun. my top tip is to use jumping attacks and sidestep r1s only, and never attack first.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

hes pretty challenging but hes no more difficult than some of the bosses soi i suggest fighting him normally for max fun. my top tip is to use jumping attacks and sidestep r1s only, and never attack first.

jumping attacks are clutch.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre really useful and tend to stagger everything even when youre using a light weapon. theyre also really useful in the dark souls games (not so much ds2 since they slowed them down in that) and can trivialise certain enemies + bosses to the point they cant even hit you once

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if you do the make contact gesture while wearing the doll chestpiece you look like a big bat creature

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just got a ring of betrothal from a chalice dungeon. it doesnt seem to do nething.... but im stoked,.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It let's you trigger a proposal scene to a certain sexy lady I won't spoil who

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Went ahead and bought a ps 4 just for this game. No regrets, it's amazing. Probably harder than dark souls as well. I still don't really understand the arcane stat though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saki posted:

Went ahead and bought a ps 4 just for this game. No regrets, it's amazing. Probably harder than dark souls as well. I still don't really understand the arcane stat though.

it comes into play more in the second half of the game, but it's fairly similar to INT in the souls games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new patch is all super amazing stuff and fair balance changes. password multiplayer now ignores player level !!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a new patch????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Password multiplayer ignores player level and covenant affiliation, only need 1 insight to open the insight shop, storage limit on blood vials and bullets increased to 600, lowered cost of most spells by one bullet, added blood stone chunks to insight shop, increased soul gain in chalice dungeons and added more drops to chalice dungeon bosses. From software has done it again

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
holy crap

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Password multiplayer ignores player level and covenant affiliation, only need 1 insight to open the insight shop, storage limit on blood vials and bullets increased to 600, lowered cost of most spells by one bullet, added blood stone chunks to insight shop, increased soul gain in chalice dungeons and added more drops to chalice dungeon bosses. From software has done it again

I guess I must venture back into yharnam again

Dec 26, 2012

wow thats a pretty nice patch

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Why can't the Dark Souls 2 people act like the Bloodborne team and do rational things that make the game more fun?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
How scarce are blood shards? Am I making a mistake by just upgrading my cane as much as possible?

Dec 26, 2012

shards and twin blood shards, not very. blood chunks were rareish i guess until this patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're 30 insight at the shop which is pretty high but they also changed the drop tables for chalice dungeons and I guess the depth 5 dungeons are guaranteed to drop them commonly. That's pretty late in the game though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's trivial to get anything to +6 but after that you'll want to be careful. Also only one upgrade material to get to +10 per playthrough still

Dec 26, 2012

it's trivial to get anything to +6 but after that you'll want to be careful. Also only one upgrade material to get to +10 per playthrough still

if http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes is correct then rocks drop at depth 5 now

apparently beast claws got a buff, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Why can't the Dark Souls 2 people act like the Bloodborne team and do rational things that make the game more fun?

Because you touch yourself at night