Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

theDOWmustflow posted:

Igni is too powerful. High-tier enemies should not be stunable, or the burn should be limited in its effect. As it is, I can chain stun and kill anything that is burnable with zero effort since the alt Igni cooldown is shorter then the length of the burn CC.

In general I felt like a lot of the contracts were kind of disappointing in their difficulty. Even monsters several levels above me weren't very hard once I had a decent grasp on the combat controls, without spamming Ignii. I was really hoping to fight some stupid strong stuff like the ultra-vampire thing in the launch trailer, or maybe a striga or or something. Too many wyvern and hag reskins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Is the stun magic sign as OP as I think it is? All human fights are basically trivialized with it. I started on hard because I want a challenge but basically nothing can touch me. Do later enemies resist it or do I basically need to honour-bound myself to not use it anymore.

theDOWmustflow posted:

Igni is too powerful. High-tier enemies should not be stunable, or the burn should be limited in its effect. As it is, I can chain stun and kill anything that is burnable with zero effort since the alt Igni cooldown is shorter then the length of the burn CC.

I'd need to double check but I think the knockdown effect on Aard and burn chance from Igni are based on Sign Intensity? And yeah I'd agree, basically any of the signs becomes brokenly overpowered with a decent chunk of Sign Intensity. I used the charm Axii on a bunch of contract monsters that probably shouldn't be vulnerable to charm. As you say you can knockdown and one-hit kill humanoids with Aard and Igni or Axii can be used to stunlock monsters.

Metal Bear
Jun 18, 2014

david... posted:

A moon dust bomb was the difference between hideous repeated defeats and glorious success with 'Jenny from da Woods'

Does their effect last longer than Yrden or something?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How are the books? Worth reading?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a mod that make nights a bit darker. I'm already using that sweetfx that was posted earlier in this thread that helps a little bit, but it's still super bright to me at nighttime.

Geralt is straight up able to see better than normal people at night so

Kurtofan posted:

How are the books? Worth reading?

They're good, though you might come from them with a lower opinion of some people. Worth reading if you like the characters and story of the game, or even if you just like fantasy novels in general.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
How does meditation work with refilling alchemy items? Is it just a quick way to create everything in your stock without having to go into the menu or does it create more stuff you have already concocted if you have the alcohol?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that was a massacre...
Villententenmerth + decoy or medic + biting frost is pretty overpowered against monster decks, if you ask me.

On an unrelated note:
The third time you meet Rundvid (sp?), the dude who keeps challenging you due to his vow to duel 100 knights for his love, is the last time?
I tried as hard as I could to not kill him, but he wouldn't stay down this time... poor bastard.
He brought two friends to the match, but they got aardblasted and finished off in the first 5 seconds of the fight.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 25, 2015

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

How does meditation work with refilling alchemy items? Is it just a quick way to create everything in your stock without having to go into the menu or does it create more stuff you have already concocted if you have the alcohol?

You only have to 'craft' every bomb/potion/decoction once. After that, every time you meditate, it takes 1 bottle of alcohol and refills everything you have.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

johnny park posted:

You only have to 'craft' every bomb/potion/decoction once. After that, every time you meditate, it takes 1 bottle of alcohol and refills everything you have.

Provided you still have the materials to make another? Just trying to get clarification here.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Provided you still have the materials to make another? Just trying to get clarification here.

All you need is the alcohol.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Witcher potions/bombs/oils prove that homeopathy works.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Nope you craft the item and it will have X amount of charges. When you meditate, one unit of hard alcohol will be consumed to recharge all of your consumables.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Metal Bear posted:

It affects them directly so it doesn't matter where they go I think, I seemed to stun lock her with one.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Metal Bear posted:

Sort of, the moondust coats them so the effect is not dependent on staying within a certain AoE.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Pellisworth posted:

Nope you craft the item and it will have X amount of charges. When you meditate, one unit of hard alcohol will be consumed to recharge all of your consumables.

Ah, I see. I noticed that Oils don't seem to have that charge. Are they infinite? Am I just still blind and not paying attention?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Heliosicle posted:

You need to import the save from after the ending, its an autosave. To make sure I imported the right save I found the save number from TW2, found the file and renamed it.

Good grief, I thought that was something else. Ah well, thanks for the heads up. Something to use next time around.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I'm missing how to cast sign secondaries. I have the puppet skill of Axii maxed, but so far all I can do is stun dudes rather than make them my minions for a few. What do I need to do?

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Ah, I see. I noticed that Oils don't seem to have that charge. Are they infinite? Am I just still blind and not paying attention?

They are infinite.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I'm missing how to cast sign secondaries. I have the puppet skill of Axii maxed, but so far all I can do is stun dudes rather than make them my minions for a few. What do I need to do?

Hold the button down.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I don't remember if they're single charge or infinite charges but they're not single-use. None of the alchemy stuff you will need to craft refills for, it all replenishes with alcohol when you meditate.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Make sure Puppet is equipped, then you have to hold down the key. It doesn't always work, you'll see Geralt concentrate and the monster will slow down, then either it will be stunned or charmed.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Seems interesting that they have so many sources of ingredients then, if you only need to make it once. Unless you can make multiples of the same type and all get refilled, I can only see doing so if making the potion nets your more profit than selling the ingredients separately.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

GreatGreen posted:

Witcher 3 seems like one of those games where it's 95% total masterpiece and 5% horribly annoying poo poo that would almost ruin any other game of any lesser quality overall but only manage to drag your overall impression of this game down a bit instead.

Thats probably the best definition to this game that I´ve read so far.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Seems interesting that they have so many sources of ingredients then, if you only need to make it once. Unless you can make multiples of the same type and all get refilled, I can only see doing so if making the potion nets your more profit than selling the ingredients separately.

Well one thing I concluded early on was it is not worthwhile at all to bother picking flowers and looting random pesant huts. You can, but the game drowns you in crafting components (especially the common ones) so there's no real point.

Edit: I mean, that's a good thing, I don't have to grind crafting reagents. Just get out of the mindset of needing to explore each hut for secret treasure and pick each flower to refill your potions all the time.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It seems to be bugged for some PC users at the moment (like me), if you have both Delusion and Puppet slotted.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

Badly Jester posted:

loving hell, Whoreson. Did anyone not kill him? It felt wrong killing him in cold blood, but he was such a degenerate piece of poo poo, he simply had to go.

So the key is to play the game as Judge Dredd. Whoreson's crime was torture and serial murder of prostitutes. The sentence is execution. I carried out the sentence.

This makes so much of the game make sense. 5 poor peasants attacked me and died. But they had families! No problem - their crime is attempted murder by lynch mob. The sentence is execution. I carried out the sentence by cutting them down in 2 swings. We should feel lucky that they attempted to murder someone powerful like me, and met their necessary end, rather than targeting some random fool - in that case the innocent fool would have died, rather than the murderers.

Even with Lambert's chain it is easy - all of the people, however pathetic they are now, are guilty - by admission! - of multiple assassinations. If it weren't me after them by chance, the law would hang them without any fuss. Even if Lambert's friend was an accident, it's still imperative to execute that person for his crimes. Him now having a wife etc. is not a factor, and is on him for knowingly taking in a family when perfectly aware that the law could hang him and "take him away from them" at any time (or his past could catch up with him some other way).

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Right now I'm working on a quest to bring paint for a troll named Trolololo. And yes, he sings.

I'm having a wonderful time. Level 13 and barely even done the first steps of Novigrad main quest.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I don't think I have both slotted, but something else is troubling me: I can't gallop (sprint) with Roach anymore no matter where I am.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

theDOWmustflow posted:

It seems to be bugged for some PC users at the moment (like me), if you have both Delusion and Puppet slotted.

There was a fix that worked at least for me earlier in this thread but it's about 20 pages back or so by now. Hopefully someone can find it.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

NaDy posted:

This game is utterly amazing how it all connects together sometimes. I discovered and killed a monster on an Island/peninsula thing on Skellige without looking at any notice boards, got the mission to go turn it in to a town I haven't been to before, so I head over. I walk into the tavern and get accosted by some xenophobes, manage to turn in the contract, then all of a sudden (side quest spoilers)the xenophobes attack me, I kill them in self defense. Because of this I'm then sent to ANOTHER place I haven't been to before and put in jail, manage to speak to the Jarl who says he'll give me my freedom if I go help his son out on some sort of quest. One thing leads to another and I'm in a cave taking a shitload of hallucinogens and facing Geralt's greatest fear.

I laughed in that Jarl's face and reloaded 3 times until I successfully killed his guards. That'll show him. I'm pretty sure it's super wrong to help him after what he did to you.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Pellisworth posted:

Well one thing I concluded early on was it is not worthwhile at all to bother picking flowers and looting random pesant huts. You can, but the game drowns you in crafting components (especially the common ones) so there's no real point.

Edit: I mean, that's a good thing, I don't have to grind crafting reagents. Just get out of the mindset of needing to explore each hut for secret treasure and pick each flower to refill your potions all the time.

To me, after a while I´m able to identify most of the plant from the way they look on the ground, it makes it easier to pick only the ones you need or haven´t seen before.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Vehementi posted:

I laughed in that Jarl's face and reloaded 3 times until I successfully killed his guards. That'll show him. I'm pretty sure it's super wrong to help him after what he did to you.

That's the "the Mad" dude, isn't it? Don't worry, he's an rear end in a top hat.

You can defuse the conflict with the two troublemakers btw. I managed to avoid having to kill them.

Burns
May 10, 2008

If it wasnt for this thread I'd never know there are patches for the game. Or DLC.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010
Fuuuuuuuuuck. Completed most of Velen, then hit the Pyres of Novigrad bug where you can't push a brick to advance. Reloading saves (even as far back as when I got to Velen for the first time) doesn't help. Guess I need to restart for the fourth time. I love this game but the bugs are making it hella hard to play.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I would love it if crafting materials didn't weigh anything. Yes, realism but I can't sell them; I might need that stack of 40 raw silver and 20 bear hides at some point.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Strange, I'm missing few cards that guides say are random wins, but winning against new random merchants no longer gives me anything - missing Zoltan Chivay, second Ballista, third torrential rain and clear weather
Also only have one Albrich, but 4 poor infantries where it should be 2 and 3

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 26, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Good god Lambert is a whiny little bitch.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Andrast posted:

If you missed the Gwent cards from the innkeeper in White Orchard, the generic merchant in the same village seems to sell them now with the 1.04 patch.

Now I finally have a second 8 strength Catapult.

Second? I never got a first! And my gwent build relies heavily on 'stack catapults, use leader ability for free commander horn on siege weapons'

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Need to find where to get recipes for combining runestones. My surplus of Ignii and Axii is getting ridiculous.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Geralt is kind of a dick when it comes to gwent. All these people offer to stake a rare card and he's just like "Sure, and I'll wager nothing."

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has there been any reported problems of the game randomly freezing/crashing when it tries to enter a cutscene? I rarely had crashes on my system but today alone I've had to restart my computer twice after it crashes my nvidia drivers.

Just curious before I start troubleshooting my new computer build if it's a widespread problem.

Running a GTX970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I really like how items refill, it takes away the reluctance to try poo poo out. Any other rpg I'm ten elf dicks away from filling my inventory most of the time but here I've only once had 40 pounds out of my current 70.

where do i get moon dust bombs? Those are the ones for specters right?

Mr. Soul fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 26, 2015