Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

serious gaylord posted:

Surely its got to be hollow and collapsing in on itself by now?

It's Nurgle, I don't think you could really tell at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

That was kind of fun, It was like highlights for children cyber-cherubs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deanut Pancer posted:

This image implies that the pauldrons go on first when he's getting dressed. That seems mighty awkward.
Or maybe he's not actually getting dressed, it's just him and his servo-squires having an armour-blessing party or something...

He's trying to decide which shoulder pads he's going to wear to war today.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

serious gaylord posted:

Surely its got to be hollow and collapsing in on itself by now?

Not as yet, although I've not looked closely for months. It's such a big lump of a model I think there is enough solid resin to hold it together. God knows how big the cavity inside is though. I think of it as the worlds most expensive, and unpalatable, Creme Egg.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

Yes. Let's start the conspiracy theories.

Follow the money! :ninja:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My friend is the only person I know who bought anything from Forge world, got a Heirodule for his birthday back when they came out, I was jealous and always wondered why he never painted it. Now I see.

My only contact I've had with FW stuff is the techpriest I ebayed for a Dark Heresy campaign, the little bastard was annoying as hell to paint I remember that much.

Always sorta planned to grab a primarch and maybe a retinue if I... y'know won the lottery or something, I'm seriously not going to pay that kind of money for an untreated model though.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Moola posted:

You follow models, you get model painters and model manufacturers. But you start to follow the money, you don't know where the gently caress it's gonna take you.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Moola posted:

Sunlight can't melt finecast beams!

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

"If there are no models in the target unit that are in range, all remaining Wounds in the pool are lost."

Thanks for your input. My error was upstream, I had not caught the wound pool order of events and as such "range of the model" appeared vague when dealing with a model with two weapons. But I see my error. Thanks.

\/ Coolio ZtD. Orks or Salamanders would both be great.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 25, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

September is good for me for a meetup at WHW, should give me enough time to figure out the new Marine book (or how to pack my Orks into something that travels well).

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Jackmack I'll be in touch a July game for sure.

Excited for new Marines although I hope no stupid unit removals or whatever. If I can pod kantor sternies I'll be happy.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

9. That's the number of skulls in that one picture :3:
Better try again... I count at least ten! :unsmigghh:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I may be up to WHW in September. Its 2.5 hours each way for me to get there which sucks balls but I can get some games in... It sounds fine but I have no idea what poo poo will be dropped onto me in Sep. so my gatecrashing is tentative.

Zark the Damned posted:

( how to pack my Orks into something that travels well).

My orks go into two KR cases which go into my back pack. Loads of room for other stuff.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
2 1/2 hours is like a day trip to the mall in the US. Do it!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

BuffaloChicken posted:

Better try again... I count at least ten! :unsmigghh:

Are you counting one on the front cover of the book? I've got 10 with that, 9 otherwise.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
On less depressing news, I finally finished my first squad of World Eaters Berserkers!

The original five models:

The full squad, now with Rhino:

Some details on the Rhino, which needs a *tiny* bit of shading on the trophy racks, but is otherwise done. Forgeworld doors feel almost like cheating.

Finally there's this rat bastard, who isn't part of a Khorne Daemonkin army but gently caress if I wasn't going to paint him and add him anyways. Maybe I'll just run that poo poo unbound.
Either way, he's ready to rage across the battlefield and into your heart.

Now I need to get the other squad of Berserkers done and I can start on some of the bigger models.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!
Those look great! Keep 'em coming.

I took some time off from Warhams to try different Mantic games (Kings of War, Deadzone). I just checked back in and I'm a little saddened that yet another SM codex is coming out and still not an ounce of credible data that says my beloved Sisters of Battle are going to get any kind of attention anywhere in the near future.

That might just pull me back to 40k if it were to ever happen.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

drgnvale posted:

Are you counting one on the front cover of the book? I've got 10 with that, 9 otherwise.

My count:

3 servo-skulls
2 skulls on the banners
1 giant skull in the background
1 on the sword hilt
1 being held up by the guy in the top right
1 on the chaplain's helmet
1 on the chaplain's staff

So 10 total, not counting the logo. Though you could probably see at least a dozen more if the image was in higher detail.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Finally there's this rat bastard, who isn't part of a Khorne Daemonkin army but gently caress if I wasn't going to paint him and add him anyways. Maybe I'll just run that poo poo unbound.

Man, who can possibly hate Kharn? Dude's basically 40k incarnate. :allears: It's too bad he's not in demonkin for whatever reason, but I guess chaos marines had to be left something.

Those forge world upgraded berserkers look fantastic. They really are miles ahead of the old plastics.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Ignite Memories posted:

Yo be careful though, resin is wicked carcinogenic.

So dont, like, eat it.

This is simply not true. It's an irritant - not a carcinogenic. That's a misunderstanding on many peoples parts.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That's my Great Unclean One. It's still oozing out of him.

Praise Nurgle!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

TheChirurgeon posted:

On less depressing news, I finally finished my first squad of World Eaters Berserkers!

The original five models:

The full squad, now with Rhino:

Some details on the Rhino, which needs a *tiny* bit of shading on the trophy racks, but is otherwise done. Forgeworld doors feel almost like cheating.

Now I need to get the other squad of Berserkers done and I can start on some of the bigger models.

These look really good man.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah, those Khorne are awesome, good show.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

so, the chaos marine codex is (according to the internet) not so great. would making an Iron Warriors army using the loyalist marine codex be a weird thing to do? seems like it might fit their fluff since they don't really rely on chaos like the other chapters do.

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.

Omar al-Bishie posted:

so, the chaos marine codex is (according to the internet) not so great. would making an Iron Warriors army using the loyalist marine codex be a weird thing to do? seems like it might fit their fluff since they don't really rely on chaos like the other chapters do.

If your opponents are super cool ask about using the Iron Warriors Legion rules from the Horus Heresy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Omar al-Bishie posted:

You can do it. I think it's totally lame, but there's enough going on with the marine codex to make it work. You can sub Obliterators for the equally ugly Centurions, Techmarines for Warsmiths, and just not take Maulerfiends or Heldrakes.

That said, the Chaos IA supplement is pretty loving rad and gives Chaos some rad flyers, plus contemptor dreads, which can really even things up, though you are still missing the cannons.

Dump_Stat posted:

Those look great! Keep 'em coming.

Ghost Hand posted:

These look really good man.

Thanks! I'm not wild about jumping in immediately to paint another squad + rhino, so I may do some Terminators or a Dreadnought first. While 1 HQ + 2 Squads is the minimum to play, it's definitely not what you actually need and I rarely play games anyways so whatever.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

I would happily play the regular chaos codex if it's not terrible (I'm not remotely interested in serious tournaments) but I don't hear good things.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
New Space Marine upgrade sprues are coming out and they look real neat:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
That DA hooded head looks awful.

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.

SRM posted:

Dude just looks like a big angry Viking utterly surrounded by Gothic weirdness.

SRM posted:

New Space Marine upgrade sprues are coming out and they look real neat:

I am ashamed of how much I like that sword and Ultramarines.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

This is really nice. That simple, clean Khorne symbol on the top hatch somehow looks more threatening than all the spikes and skulls put together.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HardCoil posted:

This is really nice. That simple, clean Khorne symbol on the top hatch somehow looks more threatening than all the spikes and skulls put together.

I like that it looks like a skull

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would take that as an indicator that maybe, just maybe, DA are getting rolled into the main book. God I hope so.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slimnoid posted:

That DA hooded head looks awful.

looks like the deathwing knights heads

in other news, a friend of mine is getting deployed to pakistan for a month so she's leaving me her truck so I can get to the woodshop to build my loving table so any dc goons down for a game in late july?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Omar al-Bishie posted:

I would happily play the regular chaos codex if it's not terrible (I'm not remotely interested in serious tournaments) but I don't hear good things.

I play Death Guard CSM, and usually just run two squads of plague marines decked out with plasma in rhinos, a heldrake, two squads of spawn, and mix in some cultists, sorcerers, helbrutes, obliterators, or Typhus depending on what combination of stuff I'm going for. In the casual environment in which I play, usually do pretty well. The chaos spawn are my favorite unit, they just zip around and chew up units/vehicles, and by the time they start to lose steam the heldrake can come in and hopefully burninate whatever is bothering them. Once I finish some of my other armies, I'm gonna add some maulerfiends for even more 12" move+charge shennanigans. They've definitely been the most fun army I've played these last two editions, and with the new IA book they've gotten a few new toys as well, though I haven't gotten to them yet.

In short, if you're just playing casual games with friends and maybe an FLGS event every now and then, the regular chaos space marine codex is just fine, have at it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Those Marine bits do look super sweet, but does anyone else find it funny that they seem to be coming full circle back to the idea of a separate upgrade sprue?

(also preemptive LMAO at how much it will probably cost)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
gently caress Ultramarines

Salamanders 4 lyfe

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks! I'm not wild about jumping in immediately to paint another squad + rhino, so I may do some Terminators or a Dreadnought first. While 1 HQ + 2 Squads is the minimum to play, it's definitely not what you actually need and I rarely play games anyways so whatever.

Let's play a game. Either, I can come up to you, or you can lowbrow it and come down to me. I have a million guradsmen. Let's do this.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

1.000 points of Mechanicus. The Omnissiah, motherfuckers. Praise him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How much did that cost you

• Locked thread