Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MrMidnight posted:

I get the same message. S6 Edge on Android 5.0.2

I guess we're getting Samsung'd here because I'm on the regular S6 running Android 5.0.2.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Works fine on my regular S6.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Huh, then I have no idea. I thought it might be a bad app or something but I recently reset the device and it's still doing it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Please make more things spin. Like the giant thread tag boxes, those are just sitting there when they could be spinning!

And the page transformation stuff is alright, but the rotate left / right ones aren't really contributing to the spinning quotient here. Please add some sort of spiraling spinny one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Might as well make the loading failed notification box spin. Then it's fun!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

I guess we're getting Samsung'd here because I'm on the regular S6 running Android 5.0.2.

lol

You're not. It's happening on my Droid Turbo on 4.4.4 as well

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just updated the app and now looks like a windows 10 universal app. 10/10 will keep using it. Now seriously, I love the new look.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
The update looks great, except I'm not sure this is supposed to be happening.

I'm on a Nexus 7 running 5.1.1, and I've tried disabling page transformation, reloading the app, uninstalling/reinstalling, and rebooting my tablet. No dice so far, and my layout's been like that since the update.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
On Android 4.1.2 with my galaxy s3, the thread list on forums and bookmark pages only registers touch on the right hand side of the screen. About 3/4 of the screen doesn't seem to do anything at all, for both taps and scrolls.

Bug is new in this version of the app.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Lots of random freezing and when it doesnt it tries to open random bookmarked threads instead about 2/3 of the time. LG Lucid 2, Android 4.1.2, rooted.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Caffeine IV posted:

The update looks great, except I'm not sure this is supposed to be happening.

I'm on a Nexus 7 running 5.1.1, and I've tried disabling page transformation, reloading the app, uninstalling/reinstalling, and rebooting my tablet. No dice so far, and my layout's been like that since the update.

Looks like the normal tablet layout. Why do you think it shouldn't be happening?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Good job with this update, the giant post reply button feels a little intrusive but that's about the only thing my change-fearing brain is screaming about!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

New thread tag icons are really cool. Good update.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RVProfootballer posted:

Looks like the normal tablet layout. Why do you think it shouldn't be happening?
Generally the N7 in portrait doesn't use tablet layouts because it doesn't have enough width the make it a sensible layout.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
S5, CSS isn't swapping properly on the first page load

GBS looks like BYOB, YOSPOS looks like GBS, FYAD looks like YOSPOS, and BYOB looks like FYAD

Moving pages seems to get the CSS properly set.

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010

Tunga posted:

Generally the N7 in portrait doesn't use tablet layouts because it doesn't have enough width the make it a sensible layout.
Go into settings, select phone layout, then do a force stop. That should fix the layout issue on your N7.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Eccles posted:

Go into settings, select phone layout, then do a force stop. That should fix the layout issue on your N7.

Thanks, it's been so long since I last set up Awful that I didn't realise I had been using the phone layout the whole time. Dumb of me, but now I can sink back into comforting familiarity, 5/5.

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013
Just came in here to say you did a great job with this new update. It looks so nice!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Been using your app for a while and it's been great. Got the 5.0 style update which was working fine, but downloaded another update (yesterday I think), and now I keep getting logged out/permanent "loading failed" toast. :(

Nexus 6 on 5.1

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Are you people with the actual logging out seeing it on WiFi? How about the 'loading failed' messages where it still ends up working?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I updated directly to the 3.2.0.2 version from the old one (I think) and things seem to work; I'm on a Nexus 4 with Android 5.1, stock version. Great work, goons!

The only bug I found was messing with the "page transformation" settings. The "disabled" option wouldn't take effect for me right away, unlike all the other options. After killing and restarting the app, the "disabled" option seems to work. I would also say that "disabled" is kind of a confusing name for that option, since it doesn't actually disable page transitions, instead it sets them to a more-standard "sliding" transition.

I would also suggest to consider tweaking the amount of vertical padding in the list view used for the forum thread lists. To me it seems a little chubbier than necessary. But I'm also not any kind of UI designer or anything :v:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This last update fixed a tablet issue that I had where going from landscape to portrait kicked me to the favorites page and !Ade me reload whatever page I was reading. New layout looks good.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Are you people with the actual logging out seeing it on WiFi? How about the 'loading failed' messages where it still ends up working?

Yeah, WiFi. It seems to have unfucked itself for the moment.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm getting the loading failed mainly on the bookmarks page. I have also noticed that Awful seems to be draining my battery a lot more than it used it. Currently on 51% with Awful having used 19% only after screen.

On a Galaxy Nexus (yes, I know) on 4.3.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Update on the whole credential loss thing:

1) Forgot to mention it mostly happened from changing pages within a thread, not in a thread list. I think.

2) Uninstalled, cleared cache, reinstalled, turned on all the thread list options, left all the embed options and 'hide signatures' off, disabled FAB, seems fine now.

I might have done too much between assessments for this to be diagnostically useful, though.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 26, 2015

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

That's just a dumb bug that I already solved, will work again next update, sorry.

A+ does work again in next update, allowing me to discover that the thread/forum list hasn't taken my dark theme correctly, and that the fonts I select in the theme menu are not the ones that it decides to use, and that when I switch a new one in, the thread title takes the previously-correct font while posts and such do whatever the hell they want.

Everything is wonderful.

:h:

e: I have not had any logout or credential problems since the update, on or off wifi, on an 4.0.3 Asus Slider or a 5.1.1 Nexus 5. That's not very helpful probably, but I can get some logs or something of various transactions and see what might be what, I guess? :shrug:

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 26, 2015

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

Good job with this update, the giant post reply button feels a little intrusive but that's about the only thing my change-fearing brain is screaming about!

Gotta agree with this. It feels really out of place. Would it be possible to add an option to remove it?

EDIT: Also it appears the app just boots you to the top of the page after you make a post instead of putting you back at the end.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 26, 2015

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Frocobo posted:

Gotta agree with this. It feels really out of place. Would it be possible to add an option to remove it?

You mean like the one there is that has been mentioned over and over?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Frocobo posted:

site posted:

That's the new FAB (whatever that means) post button

E: it can be disabled in Device and Navigation

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Compliments on the update.
Looks good and no problems yet (ymmv)
I did disable the reply icon.
*Homer Simpson voice*
"stupid reply icon.. "

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

I like the reply icon. :shrug:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Unclean009 posted:

I like the reply icon. :shrug:

I have it visible on tablet and hidden on my phone.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Is there any way to have a different pull-to-refresh distance in landscape and portrait modes? The current percentage solution seems to use the portrait height for the distance in both views.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

If you guys aren't used to that reply icon, you're going to hate every single Google made system app android 5.0+

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I turned it off because I'm a bad goon who lurks too much and posts too little. If I post on my phone it's usually because I'm drunk and I probably really shouldn't be posting then anyways.

E: I'm having a huge unrelated problem. I'm looking at YOSPOS and I have force themes enabled but I don't have either pos theme showing up!

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 26, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Unclean009 posted:

If you guys aren't used to that reply icon, you're going to hate every single Google made system app android 5.0+
That probably won't be an issue until after SA is dead

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

anthonypants posted:

That probably won't be an issue until after SA is dead

nowadays its all about compat libraries so yeah, its gonna look the same on an ancient gingerbread shitphone. with fab and everything. :getin:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Unclean009 posted:

The FAB in official Google apps isn't placed way out into the middle of the frame, though (see the difference in margin padding as compared to, say, Gmail). Also, in some other apps the FAB disappears when you scroll a list, and only reappears once the scrolling has ended for a few seconds. I can't say I know what the "best" setting for the button would be in Awful, but the current one seems to obscure more of the screen than it needs to, more often than it needs to, and I don't see any obvious reason why it needs to do this.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 27, 2015

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I haven't seen it requested in the last couple pages, could i get a link to an apk of the most recent old version? This new one plays hell with my device even after customizing settings, the old one was perfectly fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sentient Data posted:

I haven't seen it requested in the last couple pages, could i get a link to an apk of the most recent old version? This new one plays hell with my device even after customizing settings, the old one was perfectly fine

Yeah I want the old version back. I can't even change any settings on this since the options menu doesn't scroll on my phone

Why does the blue bar at the top with the thread name take up a sixth of my screen

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 27, 2015