Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nordick posted:

Wait, seriously? gently caress, here I've lived my whole life thinking they're actual literal super heroes. Everything I believe in is a lie! :saddowns:

It's a proper name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Hunt takes a UFC-record 361 hits against Stipe Miocic, loses by TKO. No serious injuries.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11446739

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 05:33 on May 11, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well yeah, it's Mark Hunt. He shrugged off a Cro Cop high kick like it was nothing when that actually meant something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upwkcdvG40Y

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 04:58 on May 11, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well yeah, it's Mark Hunt. He shrugged off a Cro Cop high kick like it was nothing when that actually meant something

"Holy poo poo!" he involuntarily exclaimed upon seeing the action replay.

I hope one day we have the technology to have x-ray cameras so I can see boxers' skellingtons slide around inside their bodies.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Christ almighty how many times do people have to be told to not hit Samoans in the head? It does nothing! No damage! You could shoot one in the face and they'd just wonder if a bug got in or something.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Say Nothing posted:

Mark Hunt takes a UFC-record 361 hits against Stipe Miocic, loses by TKO. No serious injuries.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11446739

To summarize that fight, it was 2 five minute rounds of Mark Hunt losing a UFC match and then another 13 minutes of him being punched in the face almost nonstop.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

C. Everett Koop posted:

Christ almighty how many times do people have to be told to not hit Samoans in the head? It does nothing! No damage! You could shoot one in the face and they'd just wonder if a bug got in or something.

Seanbaby put it best:

quote:

Years ago someone told Polynesian DNA that everyone was surrounded by sea monsters and it believed them. It made humans that were immune to head injuries, fast enough to run on the highway, and big enough to use the carpool lane. Putting two of them in the same ring is like telling your local tectonic plates to gently caress themselves.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Seanbaby put it best:

Seanbaby was a treasure of the web 1.0

Also, iirc the guy Uwe Boll didn't have the balls to gently caress with.

Beat up Lowtax and then loving duck out when a funny man who actually knows how to fight challenges you.

Talentless German coward.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

syscall girl posted:

Beat up Lowtax and then loving duck out when a funny man who actually knows how to fight challenges you.

Don't sign your posts.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Frostwerks posted:

Don't sign your posts.

What size is your party hat?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

syscall girl posted:

I thought he ducked out from a Spanish movie critic who was an actual real life boxer.

Also, the guy from Rue Morgue Magazine actually lasted to the second round (the only one of the North American challengers to do so) and did the fight full on balls out stupid, coming out with a train of friends ala Hoyce Gracie, wearing a black bat-winged Luchadore mask. In the second round he bit a blood capsule and spit it all over Boll's face as a distraction.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

I thought you might have posted this:
http://youtu.be/651UYYxrfh0

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I thought he ducked out from a Spanish movie critic who was an actual real life boxer.

Also, the guy from Rue Morgue Magazine actually lasted to the second round (the only one of the North American challengers to do so) and did the fight full on balls out stupid, coming out with a train of friends ala Hoyce Gracie, wearing a black bat-winged Luchadore mask. In the second round he bit a blood capsule and spit it all over Boll's face as a distraction.

Boll actually did fight the amateur boxer.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Lowtax wasn't an amateur.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

fits posted:

Now watch how a cat tries to orient itself to fall in zero gravity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW4Q1dKuR5w
You or I would have to pay $5000 today to take that plane ride. Those two men, the cameramen, and the cats have had their rides paid for in the name of science.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Literally a foot or two from being a really gruesome obituary entry.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

That's an odd way to spell "awesome".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Centripetal Horse posted:

That's an odd way to spell "awesome".

Sorry autocorrect

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That third .gif made my stomach turn for a second. Crazy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DonnieDarkosaurous

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHcdn8R4d4

quote:

Art Nalls has had a life long dedication to flying. His addiction to the sky has lead him to an honorable military career and an even more adventurous retirement. Nalls has had the unique opportunity to purchase his own British Harrier Jump Jet. Find out how this retired Lt. Col test pilot uses his passion for flight to help preserve military history with the maintenance and upkeep of the last three remaining Sea Harriers.

imagine owning that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I might've posted this before but it bears re-posting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX629ZjWD68

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jesus that dude must be loaded. I can't imagine the amount he spends on maintenance just to keep that thing airworthy. The fuel alone would be enough for a house.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
By the sounds of the video it's more of a harrier trust/museum thing, so presumably he isn't paying for all of it. Still must be pretty rich though.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

That guy who collected all those Pepsi points must be so pissed right now.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Imagine getting owned by that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

cowboythreespeech posted:

Imagine getting owned by that

They tend to own themselves pretty often.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Astronauts practicing for a water landing.

Well, that's what they said they were doing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Robert Gill, 25 mph.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

And here he is going 100 mph :aaa:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

And here he is going 100 mph :aaa:

Huh, turns out your legs do look like Sonic's if you can run that fast.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Thump! posted:

They tend to own themselves pretty often.

The Harrier has a pretty good track record, Are you thinking of the V22 Osprey? that's another VTOL capable aircraft that IS in fact a deathtrap (36 confirmed kills so far, only one of which was in a combat zone)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pound_Coin posted:

The Harrier has a pretty good track record, Are you thinking of the V22 Osprey? that's another VTOL capable aircraft that IS in fact a deathtrap (36 confirmed kills so far, only one of which was in a combat zone)

No, Harriers actually fall out of the sky all the time and they basically fixed the Osprey's crashing problems. The difference is there's one person in a Harrier and they can eject. An Osprey is chocked full of delicious marines to charbroil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bip Roberts posted:

No, Harriers actually fall out of the sky all the time and they basically fixed the Osprey's crashing problems. The difference is there's one person in a Harrier and they can eject. An Osprey is chocked full of delicious marines to charbroil.

Delicious marines? What are you, a gay guy at fleet week?