Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Saki posted:

How scarce are blood shards? Am I making a mistake by just upgrading my cane as much as possible?

theres about 50 per playthrough so you can upgrade 3 weapons to +9, so u can basically upgrade whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Saki posted:

How scarce are blood shards? Am I making a mistake by just upgrading my cane as much as possible?

just upgrade whatever you like on play through number one and have fun with it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

theres about 50 per playthrough so you can upgrade 3 weapons to +9, so u can basically upgrade whatever you want.

er, 50 blood chunks i mean

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

01011001 posted:

if http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes is correct then rocks drop at depth 5 now

apparently beast claws got a buff, lol

What really? They already owned and now they're better? Yessssss

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

storage limit on blood vials and bullets increased to 600, added blood stone chunks to insight shop

My nigga.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

b7i4bxfp

play through this chalice dungeon. dont bother with optional areas just run to the end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

GulagDolls posted:

b7i4bxfp

play through this chalice dungeon. dont bother with optional areas just run to the end

is there good poo poo.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

rediscover posted:

is there good poo poo.

not in terms of items its just cool+fast+weird

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i hate to be a shitter but upon returning to yharnam after a hiatus i am still stuck on ebrietas. can anybody help me please.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Vicar amelia is absolutely destroying me. She has so much health.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Wow never mind. Took me 20 blood vials but she's finally dead.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Dueling in this game kinda sucks so now I just invade Nightmare of Mensis and ruin people's day

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The hp penalty is still ridiculous

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pthumerian Descendant was such a fun fight

i'm going to try that chalice dungeon that gulagdolls posted now

edit: also, out of curiosity, looking at the strategy for descendant on the wiki is ridiculous. i just side dodged him. if he whiffs an attack on you with you behind him he'll stagger for a moment, leading to an open shot. i just did that a few times and cannonned him when he went for his charge-up. pretty easy once you get the timing down, and without cheesing him using the edge of the arena, but w/e

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 26, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, that was loving cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

lol, that was loving cool

what is it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

i hate to be a shitter but upon returning to yharnam after a hiatus i am still stuck on ebrietas. can anybody help me please.

yea. hit her in the chest and she'll headbutt the ground and will hardly ever charge. i posted like 2 videos of me pwning her in this thread so you can watch what i did. basically the idea is to stay right next to her ... it might be tempting to move back to dodge her attacks more easily, but that means shell probably charge, and in her 2nd phase she'll probably use the arcane magic attack.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

The hp penalty is still ridiculous

but you can heal now... just heal in pvp... it makes the fights 50x better when both ppl heal. you can parry them so its not like dark souls

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I set up my PlayStation 4 at the foot of my bed and got prepped for some motherfreaking night time gaming but I can't find my glasses

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how much +poison value in gems would i have to put on my weapon to reliably poison npc hunters in a few hits? it seems like a good way to deal with a few of them.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
A lot.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
edit; you probably need like, 50? if they don't slot glyphs and only have armor poison resist

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the chikage has 30 bleed on it without gems and i can bleed ppl with it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
erm, bleed, fast poison, w/e it is.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's probably just easier to kill npc hunters straight forward rather than trying to farm poison gems in chalice dungeons

Dec 26, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

inri posted his ridiculously fast version already so probably do that but what i did was hang out in front of her (close because otherwise she charges), wait for the headslam, then hit her head with a charged kirkhammer hit. slap her a few times in between doing that twice and she'll stagger at a bit above half, then take your visceral. this gets you to phase 2 pretty reliably from which you can to some degree do similar things but she's way more aggressive so probably just dodge a lot and use the cannon (aim for the head)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it's probably just easier to kill npc hunters straight forward rather than trying to farm poison gems in chalice dungeons

if youre killing npc hunters and dont wanna fight them u can try poison knives. personally i like all of the npc hunter fights so i recommend fighting them straight up

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

the chikage has 30 bleed on it without gems and i can bleed ppl with it

ya but I don't think any armor set except like... cainhurst... has bleed resist, and nnobody is going to slot the 200 bleed rune

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
micolash reminds me of bed of chaos. is there a reliable way to chase him into the room for his phase 2?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

micolash reminds me of bed of chaos. is there a reliable way to chase him into the room for his phase 2?

there is but i dont know it, since it only takes a couple minutes doing it randomly anyway

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think i was able to chase him in by getting in front of him and forcing him to turn around

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
thanks to the cenaian concepts of hustle loyalty and respect and inri's strategy of getting her to slam her stupid loving melon on the ground...

never give up gamers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please rename this thread The I.N.R.I. Zone

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm pretty sure he's supposed to run in the opposite direction you are coming from, although sometimes he doesn't for some reason

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
nightmare of mensis is a really cool area, although i did run past the spiders and the hunter. once i kill mico i'll come back for them

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
micolash was 10 minutes of me walking around picking up items/runes and killing mobs normally while he breathed really heavily in me and Kosm's ears and then 4 seconds of chopping him to bits at the last room.

A Mensis Cage is basically the fedora of Yharnam

e:

I.N.R.I posted:

but you can heal now... just heal in pvp... it makes the fights 50x better when both ppl heal. you can parry them so its not like dark souls

i get lazy and don't want to farm vials when chain invading :geno:

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 27, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
whoever said that about micolash running opposite your position was exactly right. once i knew that it was simple to trick him into running into the antechamber. then it was a matter of tricking him into using the auger attack, sidestepping, and killing him

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
altogether that was an awesome fight. really fun and thematic.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh... you can pull the pig mobs in nightmare into the shadow of yarnham clones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

altogether that was an awesome fight. really fun and thematic.

it's so cool