Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He looks so pleasantly surprised. "Oh, that actually worked! :3: okay then." I need to start reading this.

YES, YOU DO.

NOW.

What the hell are you waiting for???

Senor Candle posted:

Don't link to a scanlation when you can buy it officially numbnuts.
Yeah well I didn't know about that. Updated the link though.

khy fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Damnit when I got a 'bad gateway' error I thought the post didn't' go through.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
https://www.comixology.com/One-Punch-Man/comics-series/22775
This isn't ADTRW

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I actually think I can top that. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:

Also, I read Ultimates 2 for the first time this month and this is one of the best moments the Ultimate Universe ever gave us:

It's a shame the rest of that book was so loving terrible, it had brief glimmers of coolness every now and then, but was dragged down by how much it sucked overall. Such is the way of Mark Millar. His Authority run was the same way.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A badass panels thread could be made of nothing but Jojo probably

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Let me see if I've got that right. He can't slow down, so he summons a dude to trash his bike, and after the pieces fly over the carriage, he has the dude rebuild it before he hits the ground? Is that the long and short of it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Bravo posted:

Let me see if I've got that right. He can't slow down, so he summons a dude to trash his bike, and after the pieces fly over the carriage, he has the dude rebuild it before he hits the ground? Is that the long and short of it?

Yup, that's it! It's amazing. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

One Punch Man being on comixology is awesome, it'll hopefully get even more exposure there than it was getting on Viz's site.

e: it's on kindle too. Cool!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Travis343 posted:

A badass panels thread could be made of nothing but Jojo probably

Can somebody post the dialogue between Joseph Joestar and Mariah when she has him at her mercy? Because that was the coolest poo poo.

Captain Bravo posted:

Yeah, it's worth noting that the dude's main power is the ability to put things back together as long as it isn't burned beyond recognition. There are some neat uses of that in the story.

Discendo Vox posted:

Also, it's a comedy comic.

Even still, the most badass moment of One Punch Man is when he takes down this huge sea monster king guy and everyone proceeds to think that all the other heroes, who were taken out after heroically sacrificing themselves (especially one guy whose power is nothing more than "rides a bike"), are a bunch of worthless jokes. So Saitama lies and makes them think that the heroes softened the monster up so he could land the final blow and take all the credit. Everyone suddenly thinks highly of the other heroes while thinking Saitama a fraud.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He doesnt give a poo poo about anything other than fighting monsters and saving the day.

That leads to his application to the hero league being so awful that he's relegated to trash tier hero and assigned the name 'Caped Baldy' :allears:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gavok posted:

Can somebody post the dialogue between Joseph Joestar and Mariah when she has him at her mercy? Because that was the coolest poo poo.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the dude's main power is the ability to put things back together as long as it isn't burned beyond recognition. There are some neat uses of that in the story.

Even still, the most badass moment of One Punch Man is when he takes down this huge sea monster king guy and everyone proceeds to think that all the other heroes, who were taken out after heroically sacrificing themselves (especially one guy whose power is nothing more than "rides a bike"), are a bunch of worthless jokes. So Saitama lies and makes them think that the heroes softened the monster up so he could land the final blow and take all the credit. Everyone suddenly thinks highly of the other heroes while thinking Saitama a fraud.

Licenseless Rider's stand against the Sea King is one of the most badass and inspiring things I've read in comics.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm gonna post it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It's a shame the rest of that book was so loving terrible, it had brief glimmers of coolness every now and then, but was dragged down by how much it sucked overall. Such is the way of Mark Millar. His Authority run was the same way.
I always wondered how the rest of Millar's run was. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two volumes of The Ultimates (that I guess together count as Ultimates 1?) I knew it went to poo poo when the other writer (Loeb?) came on, but yeah.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

And then when Saitama finally shows up he gives Rider a sincere compliment, "You fought well." It was one of the highest points of the series :3:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Flesh Forge posted:

And then when Saitama finally shows up he gives Rider a sincere compliment, "You fought well." It was one of the highest points of the series :3:

Reminds me of this, from earlier in the thread:

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hitman #52: otherdimensional entities known as the Many-Angled Ones are poised to destroy Gotham, and then the world. Standing in their way is Six-Pack, a delusional drunk who thinks he's a superhero.

Despite having no powers, and knowing he has no powers and knowing that everyone thinks he's a drunken joke, he still faces off against the demons.

drat right that's what superheroes do.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Not wanting to spoil it, but...

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I also loved the aftermath.

The "THANK YOU!" from LR said more and had more emotion than all of Genos' fan letters combined.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
One Punch Man is the best punchman comics out there

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Senor Candle posted:

https://www.comixology.com/One-Punch-Man/comics-series/22775

Yeah also that site is terrible to read it on; you lose all the neat zoom in/zoom outs because of their crappy interface. If anyone's on the fence for either deffo get the comixology one.

(note: original poster of the link changed it to comixology one, not berating them)

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah also that site is terrible to read it on; you lose all the neat zoom in/zoom outs because of their crappy interface. If anyone's on the fence for either deffo get the comixology one.

(note: original poster of the link changed it to comixology one, not berating them)

I just get "Sorry, there was an error on the page you were attempting to access. We have been notified and will work as quickly as possible to repair it.". Is comixology doing region locking?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

kujeger posted:

I just get "Sorry, there was an error on the page you were attempting to access. We have been notified and will work as quickly as possible to repair it.". Is comixology doing region locking?

Yes. If a book is published by another publishing house in your region, and they're not doing business with Comixology/Amazon/both, then you're poo poo out of luck. It's why you can't get Scott Pilgrim digitally in the UK. (Except via a lovely stand-alone app)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Latest chapter of One Punch Man.
Pretty much just excessive violence.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
those nutshots

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The coolest part about that panel is that all the strikes are targeted at vital weak points on the human body

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Seriously, they're like the Mozambique Drill, but with punches.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
A future version of Loki be stirring up poo poo during the middle of Hickman's Convergence stuff, and it's time to get serious.

Loki: Agent of Asgard #14

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I don't know if the "He stood alone, and that's enough" was the first real example of it, but drat do I love it when Marvel puts guns in the hands of their Norse Pantheon. Every single time, it just makes me wanna pump my fist and yell "HEL(L) YES!"

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Badass Panels: Pretty much just excessive Jubilee

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm just posting this everywhere because holy poo poo I love Ghost G-Man.

(Inhumans - Attilan Rising #1)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

NotALizardman posted:

I'm just posting this everywhere because holy poo poo I love Ghost G-Man.

(Inhumans - Attilan Rising #1)

That poo poo is so loving boss. :rock: All he needs is to have a supernatural cigar to chomp on, and some "mmmyeah see? You'll never catch me coppers! Mmmmyyeah see yeah!".

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Squidster posted:

A future version of Loki be stirring up poo poo during the middle of Hickman's Convergence stuff, and it's time to get serious.

Loki: Agent of Asgard #14

I was wondering while reading that, but is that a reference to Skurge's last stand?

http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/2005/05/mighty-thor-362-marvel-comics-1985.html

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 28, 2015

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Dr. Robert Bruce Banner: The Incredibly Troll

The world's greatest minds are wondering how to contain the Mists released by the Terrigen Bomb, and Bruce Banner: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. has taken the lead.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Captain Bravo posted:

I don't know if the "He stood alone, and that's enough" was the first real example of it, but drat do I love it when Marvel puts guns in the hands of their Norse Pantheon. Every single time, it just makes me wanna pump my fist and yell "HEL(L) YES!"
Makes me want to play some Manowar :black101:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Four Score posted:

Dr. Robert Bruce Banner: The Incredibly Troll

The world's greatest minds are wondering how to contain the Mists released by the Terrigen Bomb, and Bruce Banner: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. has taken the lead.

How would a bomb help contain anything.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Listen, banner is a goddamn Physicist with a specialty in Gamma Radiation. Dude literally only knows how to irradiate poo poo and what said irradiation will do to said poo poo. Do people get mad at Thor for hitting things with a hammer? No! Do people get mad at Reed Richards for literally making up bullshit because he can't admit he's a Wizard? No! So if you ask Bruce Banner to do something, expect one of two results: He turns into a giant green monster and punches it, or he makes a goddamn nuke, because that's his goddamn job.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

It's a bomb that releases radiation which is supposed to rapidly decay the Terrigen Mists. :goonsay:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

IIRC from reading the issue, Banner's idea is that the bomb basically releases anti-Terrigen stuff that cancel out the Terrigen mists. But then of course after everyone else sees that they have the predictable reaction of "gently caress no we are not letting Bruce Banner build any kind of bomb", Banner gets mad and hulks out because no one will even listen to his plan before trying to shut him down, then everybody fights.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Wapole Languray posted:

Listen, banner is a goddamn Physicist with a specialty in Gamma Radiation. Dude literally only knows how to irradiate poo poo and what said irradiation will do to said poo poo. Do people get mad at Thor for hitting things with a hammer? No! Do people get mad at Reed Richards for literally making up bullshit because he can't admit he's a Wizard? No! So if you ask Bruce Banner to do something, expect one of two results: He turns into a giant green monster and punches it, or he makes a goddamn nuke, because that's his goddamn job.

ohgoddammit it happened. A non-panel post made me laugh out loud.

e: What do you mean this isn't the funny panels thread?

KayTee fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 28, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TwoPair posted:

IIRC from reading the issue, Banner's idea is that the bomb basically releases anti-Terrigen stuff that cancel out the Terrigen mists. But then of course after everyone else sees that they have the predictable reaction of "gently caress no we are not letting Bruce Banner build any kind of bomb", Banner gets mad and hulks out because no one will even listen to his plan before trying to shut him down, then everybody fights.

Bruce Banner is dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

As long as they keep Rick Jones on another continent, there's no reason to think it should go badly.