Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I got in a fight with a mourning dove today with my face and I'm not sure I won.

Anyone know where I can source some doves outside of hunting season so I can extract my revenge on its relative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Build some bird houses and say gently caress it and exact your revenge out of season? Game Warden ain't gonna say poo poo if he never sees it.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Drink and Fight posted:

Campari is vile and awful and literally the worst thing I've ever drunk. You Campari-likers are insane.

You, dearest drink and fight, are wise beyond your years. But your wisdom is as wasted as a shipment of IUDs is for the Vatican - small boys have no understanding of them, and the priests don't give a poo poo.

I, for one, hail you as the queen of right-thinking drinking and fighting.

Edit: the only thing that is certain is that everybody will be left with a huge pain in the rear end.

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 24, 2015

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Happy Hat posted:

You, dearest drink and fight, are wise beyond your years. But your wisdom is as wasted as a shipment of IUDs is for the Vatican - small boys have no understanding of them, and the priests don't give a poo poo.

I, for one, hail you as the queen of right-thinking drinking and fighting.

Edit: the only thing that is certain is that everybody will be left with a huge pain in the rear end.

I hail you as our warrior-priest of language but concede that all Campari haters will be purged with fire and faith.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I will wage the crusade for the glory of Campari and the great book of negroni and boulevardier until the good drink calls me to its side for everlasting glory.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is going to the cabinet where the cocktails are stored;
He will mix with Campari and kir and Chambord :
His truth is marching on.
Glory, glory Hallelujah!
Glory, glory Hallelujah!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
We will visit our wrath upon the people off such poor composure as for them to imbibe the Devils seamen, Campari.

We will not rest, the bonfire of our crusade will be great, and burning with a holy fervor.

We will lay waste upon the Errant Monks and the rat-lers, who are preaching ignorance and fornicating with unshapely bottles. We will stop their practice of self-abuse and their menace against all that is right and true in this world.

All hail the queen of drink.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am at a train station in Jersey, just worked a 24ish hour day. I am starving, dehydrated, and there is nothing, and I mean nothing, open. All I have is a powerbar and a 375ml tetra pack of wine.

It's gonna get ugly here in a little bit.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Liked to run myself out of my house roasting off some dried habaneros for some dry rub. Went from the standard yeah that kinda stings thing you get from throwing some hot peppers in a wok or whatever for stir fry to holy poo poo I'm not breathing in about gently caress-all flat.

Also I want to know why I can get up on about an hour's sleep and get a couple beers in me and bang through trimming a brisket, as ill-mannered and contrary a piece of meat as you'll ever meet in the kitchen, without even getting my eyes all the way open but taking the skin off a comparatively well-behaved duck is something I pretty much never do without nicking it once or twice.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Eating fresh bluegill that you caught, cleaned, and cooked yourself owns.

That is all.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

therattle posted:

Glory, glory Hallelujah!
Glory, glory Hallelujah!

:hist101:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Campari tastes amazing with high octane limoncello and Mountain Dew Voltage. Found that out this morning while making "please don't let this hangover be permanent" punch.

Don't get drunk in rural Texas.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
What the gently caress else do you do in rural Texas?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Make racist jokes?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
gently caress the livestock.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah, I needed a break from burning history books and buying new gun holsters.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Have you considered joining a motorcycle gang?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Already in one, which is why the new holsters. Old ones weren't covered in enough confederate flags and rattlesnakes.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Join my gang. We're the Kilgore Goat-Fuckers. The South will rise again!

I've actually been to Kilgore. Like most of TX it's a shitheap.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I love you Happy Hat.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

therattle posted:

Join my gang. We're the Kilgore Goat-Fuckers. The South will rise again!

I've actually been to Kilgore. Like most of TX it's a shitheap.

Heeeeey! I'm with the Ram Riders out of Brazoria...you'd think the cabrito at the meet-ups would be more tender.

(LMAO at Kilgore being your definition of a Texas shitheap. That town has stoplights and everything.)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Chumps. We in the Seguin Steer Queers got our Bandido approval so now we can wear our bottom rocker.

We are 1% for real now.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The only thing I liked about texas was stopping at a place called "taco bueno". Take that however you will.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Taco Bueno is poo poo tho.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

therattle posted:

Glory, glory Hallelujah!
Glory, glory Hallelujah!

this is now my personal anthem, thank you.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Bought a lamb neck tonight and now it's braising away in the tagine with dates and other delicious stuff.

I'm happy. Good Memorial Day.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Bought a lamb neck tonight and now it's braising away in the tagine with dates and other delicious stuff.

I'm happy. Good Memorial Day.

Ditto. Husband tried his hand at making galbi tonight. It was pretty loving good. Had pretentious Portland beer with it (it didn't really match, but it felt wrong to grill things without booze). Adam from this place: https://www.hairofthedog.com/

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I made a very memorial dayish thing and made... xi'an hand pulled noodles with spicy cumin chicken.

First time trying to make hand pulled noodles. I think I need to rest the dough more or maybe even knead more. Still tasted good though. Was craving more after eating at Xi'an Famous Foods yesterday.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

I made pate de campagne with dried cherries, pistachios, and parsley. Chopped everything by hand except the minced pork, including the liver, so it would be extra chunky. Then I spent most of last night awake with my arms throbbing thanks to carpal tunnel.

It was worth it, I think. The pate turned out really good and I made enough to share with a bunch of friends and take to a couple of parties. Next time I'll probably fall back on the Kitchenaid grinder attachment, though. I'm getting too old for this up all night poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just discovered wheat berries. My god, where have these been all my life? I love oats and buckwheat and all varieties of grains but the little poppy texture of these things can't be beat. I wanna put them in everything now.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

I just discovered wheat berries. My god, where have these been all my life? I love oats and buckwheat and all varieties of grains but the little poppy texture of these things can't be beat. I wanna put them in everything now.

How do you eat/prepare them?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I've just been simmering them in salted water for about 50 minutes to an hour, then eating like I would oatmeal with peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, etc. It helps to make a big batch of them at once because of the long cook time, and they absorb a lot of water so 1c dried will yield about 3c cooked. They get a chewy little pop to them that's not unlike tapioca and have a nutty flavor, especially if you pan roast them for a few minutes prior to boiling. Would like to know more things I can make with wheat berries, though.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I've just been simmering them in salted water for about 50 minutes to an hour, then eating like I would oatmeal with peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, etc. It helps to make a big batch of them at once because of the long cook time, and they absorb a lot of water so 1c dried will yield about 3c cooked. They get a chewy little pop to them that's not unlike tapioca and have a nutty flavor, especially if you pan roast them for a few minutes prior to boiling. Would like to know more things I can make with wheat berries, though.

I once had an amazing salad with wheat berries, asparagus tips, feta, dried cranberries, etc.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Thanks! What's your berries/water ratio?

Skinny King Pimp posted:

:tipshat:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Three parts water to one part berries. I put a few drops of oil and salt the water prior to cooking but not by much because they absorb a ton of liquid.

Next I'm gonna try upping my tabbouleh game with these.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
tabbouleh with wheat berries is a+ delicious, so definitely do that. hell, I should do that sometime this week.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
drat. Must try wheat berries now.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Tabbouleh should be like 3% starch at most anyway, so I don't really care what it is. Gimme dat parsley.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Know what's awesome, caramelizing parsnips in butter, then pureeing them with more butter and some nutmeg. :jizz: