Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He's obviously implying the hit and run was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Volvette is in the wrong thread :colbert:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Slavvy posted:

80 series is insanely good off road. They're pretty much unobtainable here for any decent amount of money nowadays because they're considered the last true off-road capable landcruiser. I realise the 100 series is pretty good but live front axle models are next to impossible to find. I've only ever driven a petrol one once; most of the ones around here are an auto 4L diesel. The engine in question is an absolute monster, too.

The solid front axle 100's are around and are pretty drat common on the big island- They're technically 105 series, but they never got the good engines- only ever got the 4.5L Inline 6 petrol or the 4.2L NA diesel 6 pot- will go forever, but will take forever to get anywhere too.

The two good motors in the 100's, the 1HD-FTE Turbo Diesel and the 2UZ-FE 4.7L V8 petrol only came with IFS, but its a trivial task to buy a rolled 100 series TD and rip out the power train and electronics and drop them into a solid axle, basically making one of the best touring vehicles around.

Even the IFS cruisers flex insanely well for an IFS truck- toyota really got the suspension out the front sorted out (especially if your swaybar falls off) and it shares the same design of rear end (5 link) with the solid axles and 80 series, so the IFS's limitations are quite well covered by the rear ends abilities.

Its a huge shame the US never got the 1HD-T and 1HD-FT 4.2L turbo diesels in their 80's, they give the thing huge touring legs and great economy (12-14L/100 for the TD vs 18+ for the 4.5L Petrol). Although the 4.5L will take a turbo kit...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Which series/year were the last of the troopys in Aus? 1999?
My BIL loves that poo poo. He does nothing in his spare time but go off road to fish, and buys a different 4wd every couple of years.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 25, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Spotted at Target.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

This owns, though

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

The only thing wrong with this is that it doesn't go further with it.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

dude is probably legit disabled wtf is wrong with you???

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Fo3 posted:

Which series/year were the last of the troopys in Aus? 1999?
My BIL loves that poo poo. He does nothing in his spare time but go off road to fish, and buys a different 4wd every couple of years.

You can still buy a new one.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

This rules.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

Wrong thread.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

:getout:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

Haha, that's awesome.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

corn in the fridge posted:

dude is probably legit disabled wtf is wrong with you???

My mother had a similar sticker on her electric wheelchair. Which was also awesome.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Spotted at Target.

Owns bones.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Stolen from the OSHA thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZNwxFtNhk

This is crazier than gently caress and I am surprised the cabin of that truck can fit this guy's balls inside.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well his empty head probably makes some extra room.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Stolen from the OSHA thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZNwxFtNhk

This is crazier than gently caress and I am surprised the cabin of that truck can fit this guy's balls inside.

Great job getting it in, now how do you get it out?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Linedance posted:

Great job getting it in, now how do you get it out?

The final two panels on this comic...

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
The power argument to me is a video game analogy:

Driving a low power car is like a strategy game: it's about keeping pace with what's going on (keeping the engine on boil) while predicting your next three upcoming moves as the road changes. You are constantly thinking and adjusting and lose the fun/rhythm if you make a blunder and aren't prepared to meet the road as you should.

Driving a high power car is like a first person shooter - more flexibility and leeway in how you do things, more 'stupid' fun with all the special effects and booms, just don't use the big explosive weapon/WOT in confined spaces or you might hurt yourself.

Both are a lot of fun.

I prefer low power cars because I drive on public roads and want to have fun without getting a ticket.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
This is terrible car stuff trying to not be so terrible:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2P3U_rOxo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

We have reached peak camber

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He's 1/4 of the way to time travel mode.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GutBomb posted:

Volvette is in the wrong thread :colbert:

If the builder had actually managed to fit a Corvette running gear in an 1800 chassis, this would be correct. As is, it just looks... off. Like some sort of alien trying to pretend to be a Volvo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

There's something incredibly similar in my town, I'm always going the wrong way to catch a good picture of it though.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Best part about this is the quite crooked RALLIART sign.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

angryhampster posted:

Best part about this is the quite crooked RALLIART sign.

He was drifting while they were applying the decal :colbert:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Meanwhile, inside the DC Beltway...

Not pictured: "No Hillary" and "No liberals" stickers.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
It almost looks like that tail light guard thing makes it impossible to flip open the gas cap.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Make that Liberty an XJ and I'd drive it.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

Make that Liberty an XJ and I'd drive it.

It's probably easier if you just buy the same stickers and put them on your existing car

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
What's with the bedliner sprayed onto the roof? Only thing I could think of was so you could walk on it but I'm sure like any other modern vehicle the roof is just thin sheetmetal over a weak skeleton of slightly thicker sheetmetal.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Geoj posted:

What's with the bedliner sprayed onto the roof? Only thing I could think of was so you could walk on it but I'm sure like any other modern vehicle the roof is just thin sheetmetal over a weak skeleton of slightly thicker sheetmetal.

I guess it's so that when he's out hunting Muslim terrorists and liberals, he can throw their corpses in that basket on the roof and their blood won't damage get clearcoat.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 28, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
My general impression is that that car is the automotive equivalent of myrtar's inventory.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Geoj posted:

built tough like me jeep thing no understand

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

razorscooter posted:

built tough like me jeep thing no understand

Jeeps in this style are breeding like loving rabbits down here. I see at least a half dozen every day. Almost always four-doors, with huge, body color wheels, low-profile "offroad" tires (which is a term I never thought I'd have to use,) a bumper jack on the hood, LED light bars in all loving directions... And never, ever, EVER with a speck of dirt on them.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Hey, look at it this way, in ten years we'll be buying those compensation/ostentatious new-money-mobiles with not a scratch on them for $2k, ripping the dumbass wheels off, and wheeling the poo poo out of them.

The owners are idiots, but at least their lack of money sense and good taste is preserving solid 4x4 chassis for future use by others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

kastein posted:

Hey, look at it this way, in ten years we'll be buying those compensation/ostentatious new-money-mobiles with not a scratch on them for $2k, ripping the dumbass wheels off, and wheeling the poo poo out of them.

The owners are idiots, but at least their lack of money sense and good taste is preserving solid 4x4 chassis for future use by others.

This... Is a train of thought that had not previously occurred to me. :hfive: