Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

da keebsta knicca
Sep 12, 2000

Oh Ruutu, you are such a card.
I went to do Wandering in the Dark, and when I got the final boss, all my gear was damaged and I had no food, so I exited the cave, upgraded got food and are now ready for the fight... now I can't seem to get back to final boss. The map guide just tells me to go outside and stand above were the boss fight would take place. I can't seem to go through all the stuff I did before to reach them. Anyone else have this problem??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Endgame looks really short from now on, just gotta prepare with Yen and Ciri's Sage mentor. Feels disappointing, I haven't even had time to gather superior or masterworks with the amount of experience game throws at you.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

socialsecurity posted:

Most major choices don't matter too much as time has passed and one man can only influence the world so much.

And if you played Witcher 1 to 2 or something like Mass Effect you know they always pull the gear/story from-last-time-suddenly-doesn't-matter trick. Trilogy games always pull this so they can make any game standalone.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spiky Ooze posted:

And if you played Witcher 1 to 2 or something like Mass Effect you know they always pull the gear/story from-last-time-suddenly-doesn't-matter trick. Trilogy games always pull this so they can make any game standalone.

Yea it's an unfortunate flaw with that type of game. I do love the little carry over nods and everything but you lose a ton of your audience if you have to have played previous games to understand anything.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea it's an unfortunate flaw with that type of game. I do love the little carry over nods and everything but you lose a ton of your audience if you have to have played previous games to understand anything.

Witcher 1 was pretty run of the mill RPG fare but 2 was basically designed around having to play through it at least twice to figure out what the gently caress is going on with the main plot.

I actually spent a lot of time hand-crafting my saves all the way from the first game and importing it into Wild Hunt, but I'm not disappointed at all that it hasn't seemed to have a huge impact. This game is so huge and beautiful and full of great content I kinda forgot.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I like Gwent but I can only beat poo poo people who give poo poo cards. Is there anyone who sells good northern cards

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Really loving this game, but I'm taking my time in small chunks. I just finished white orchard, but forgot to finish one of the side quests. Is it possible to return there later & finish them off, or will I have to reload my save?

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
When a quest is irrevocably failed it'll show up in a 'Failed' section in your quest log. If it's a sidequest that doesn't involve a character who moves on at the conclusion of the White Orchard quest, you're probably fine - just go back using fast travel markers.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

burps with so much mass the walls shook

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

At the end of The Witcher 2 (roche path), I handed off the girl to Radovid. Roche subsequently joined up with the Redanians. Now in The Witcher 3 (get junior), I found Roche in the Temerian guerilla camp but there seems to be no indication that he ever joined the Redanians. Is this not addressed? I know it's not important but I'm wondering if maybe I picked the wrong save or something.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

RentACop posted:

I like Gwent but I can only beat poo poo people who give poo poo cards. Is there anyone who sells good northern cards

So it's exactly like M:TG.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

I don't remember exactly, but the card is Thaler.

I find it funny that all the undercover members of the various spy organisations are cards in a popular card game. Real good job staying undercover there guys.

Thaler and Dijkstra ran the entire espionage apparatus of Redania and Temeria respectively before Temeria went kablooey and Dijkstra fell from grace. Both aren't exactly unknown in upper circles.

Speaking of Thaler, I just met him. I also remembered the monocle and spy note full of swearing from that sidequest in White Orchard. :haw:

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 26, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Hah, Zoltan had a semi-interesting secondary quest in getting Gwent cards for him.

One of the objectives is taking it from a fellow dwarf who has a secret museum akin to a Nazi museum in his home. :stare:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I sold the cuirass I was wearing so I would have enough money to craft a new cuirass that was like +60 armor over it, then found out the new cuirass is L16 and I am L10 and now Geralt is naked. :doh:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

So it's exactly like M:TG.

I just need more expensive cards so I can win

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Broken Cog posted:

I don't remember exactly, but the card is Thaler.

I find it funny that all the undercover members of the various spy organisations are cards in a popular card game. Real good job staying undercover there guys.

I'm pretty sure CDPR has said that the card game is a meta thing. I wouldn't take it too seriously in the context of the game world.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Sankis posted:

I'm pretty sure CDPR has said that the card game is a meta thing. I wouldn't take it too seriously in the context of the game world.

It's also about a million times better than dice poker.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Hah, Zoltan had a semi-interesting secondary quest in getting Gwent cards for him.

One of the objectives is taking it from a fellow dwarf who has a secret museum akin to a Nazi museum in his home. :stare:

Yea, I felt super bad about robbing that dude until I went upstairs. Then, not so much.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love that Roche's card isn't even a spy. When he gets into it a little bit with Djikstra about being a spymaster himself and knowing how it works thankyou, Geralt was just standing there with his arms crossed shaking his head like, oh honey, no.

A trader. In spices.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

It's also about a million times better than dice poker.

It's kinda unfair that they put so much time into it and you can't even play it online. They should make it so that once you find Ciri (assuming that happens, I'm not that far) you can have her open a rift to another dimension and out comes another person's Geralt to play some multiplayer gwent.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Psiharis posted:

I love that Roche's card isn't even a spy. When he gets into it a little bit with Djikstra about being a spymaster himself and knowing how it works thankyou, Geralt was just standing there with his arms crossed shaking his head like, oh honey, no.

A trader. In spices.

lmao so loving true.

Wish that whole plot had gone a bit better really :( Shame the dude turned out to be a dick and try and gently caress everyone over.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, like the card for Ssasenthesiss. There are like five people in the world who know that name, maybe a handful more depending on how many in Nilfgaardian intelligence learned about it from that lesbian spy. Or the Wild Hunt cards depicting aliens whom even the highest pinnacle of academia consider an unsolved mystery at best. But the cards give their names. It's like some dirt peasant on Mud Nowhere Planet having a Starfleet deck with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock cards.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Gwent is stupid. So was Blitzball. All little minigames within games are stupid.

I mean, just look what this crossdressing elf-dandy has to say and tell me you care more about your dumb not-Magic The Gathering game.

Say what you will about Gwent or Blitzball (gently caress Blitzball) but how dare you imply that the skateboarding minigame in Spyro 3 was anything but amazing

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea, I felt super bad about robbing that dude until I went upstairs. Then, not so much.

It was mostly just the rope for me, that was hosed up

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Yeah, like the card for Ssasenthesiss. There are like five people in the world who know that name, maybe a handful more depending on how many in Nilfgaardian intelligence learned about it from that lesbian spy. Or the Wild Hunt cards depicting aliens whom even the highest pinnacle of academia consider an unsolved mystery at best. But the cards give their names. It's like some dirt peasant on Mud Nowhere Planet having a Starfleet deck with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock cards.

This name is even better because it's entirely possible to play Witcher 2 and never get that reveal so in that case it's just confusing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How did the translators come up with names like Aen Seidhe and then pronounce them like En Shay? Is this a deliberate reference to incomprehensible Irish Gaelic spellings? If so, does it show up in the Polish books or is it a clever transposition of some other "fay folk spelling" into English sensibilities?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, I'm trying to get the 'good' ending and it says I need to do certain quests in Act 2 and 3. How do I tell what act I'm in so I know when to look out?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sankis posted:

This name is even better because it's entirely possible to play Witcher 2 and never get that reveal so in that case it's just confusing.
Is it possible to learn it on the Roche path? I only know it because I read up on a bunch of stuff.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

How did the translators come up with names like Aen Seidhe and then pronounce them like En Shay? Is this a deliberate reference to incomprehensible Irish Gaelic spellings? If so, does it show up in the Polish books or is it a clever transposition of some other "fay folk spelling" into English sensibilities?

I haven't so much as looked at the original writings but judging by how much the author liked King Arthur and English/Irish myth stuff I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Aen Seidhe" in the originals as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

In the books, Ciri literally travels to Camelot and hangs out with Galahad, who apparently takes her to meet Merlin. I'm pretty sure that stuff is the same in the original.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I'm on board with whatever math allows the 20% stamina regen bonus from the medium armor talent to take my stamina regen from 19/s to 37/s.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Witcher 3's reference game is on point, you gotta admit

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't remember much of TW2, but isn't Letho the bad guy from the beginning? Why are they bros? Also, that quest is p good.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I think I just finished the Baron quest line? How the gently caress is writing in a game this good? We're not even talking Planescape anymore, this is a whole new level. And how the hell am I supposed to enjoy any other game now?

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Fact: 83% of facepalms worldwide are caused by Dandelion-related shenanigans.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Has anyone found the Killer Whale potion formula yet? Exploring some parts of Skellige seems impossible without it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

NESguerilla posted:

I don't remember much of TW2, but isn't Letho the bad guy from the beginning? Why are they bros? Also, that quest is p good.

Letho got duped by the Sorceress's.

He wasn't really a bad guy.

Daric fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 26, 2015

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

He saved your girlfriend(s) you ungrateful rear end. And he was being used by Nilfgaard because the emperor promised to rebuild the Viper school of witchers. He's your witcher bro.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah cool. Yeah I only got about half way through TW2 so I still thought he was a bad guy.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Arglebargle III posted:

Aen Seidhe is more-or-less actual Gaelic-- Seidhe is sometimes spelled Sidhe, and is pronounced "Shay" or "Shee." So it's basically just Magic Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

If you bro it up with Roche instead of saving Triss at the end, Letho saves her for you. He also cleaned up Yennefer's explosive diarrhea while Geralt was off getting memory-wiped or something.