Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I think it was brought up recently. I remember someone saying it was in one of the Re: CoM videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

RareAcumen posted:

What episode was it where GMA totally got games mixed up? The one where he thought ya'll were talking about Bioshock infinite.

I know it was in one of the four Reverse Rebirth videos in Re:CoM, and I'm PRETTY sure that it was the Clusterfuck episode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prythian posted:

I know it was in one of the four Reverse Rebirth videos in Re:CoM, and I'm PRETTY sure that it was the Clusterfuck episode.

Oh god, it's even better than I remember!

GMA, how do you deal with the fact that the LP peaked 38 episodes ago?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
So I have some interesting Kingdom Hearts related news for the thread. Apparently Kingdom Hearts X is finally being brought over to the West and localized as Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. This is according to this news report here. Make of that what you will.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Will you be playing that game for the thread?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

More than likely I won't be playing that game for the thread and if you want to know why then I will be discussing it on my stream tonight when we continue the journey of Pek Jorkins in Knights of the Old Republic over here. The stream will start around 9pm central time.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

More than likely I won't be playing that game for the thread and if you want to know why then I will be discussing it on my stream tonight when we continue the journey of Pek Jorkins in Knights of the Old Republic over here. The stream will start around 9pm central time.

Will you be posting a video of this for those that missed this stream? Also, what happened to the Persona 4 stream?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'm still adding to the Persona stream. I add two videos every week and I have switched games for the moment to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic because I was getting burned out on Persona 4. I will eventually come back to it but probably not until the playlist has somewhat caught up with the amount of gameplay that I have streamed.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Two things to discuss here real quick. I have found an app called Mobizen that will allow me to record the everything that is happening on my Galaxy Note 4 and that will allow me to capture the footage of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X so I will most likely be adding that game to the thread. Second is that it is Friday and it is now time for a new update!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 036 - "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: THIS IS MY STORY!"

New Episode
Episode 036 - "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: THIS IS MY STORY!"

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I have some good news for everyone. I finally have complete access to my old channel once again!!! YAY!!!! This will probably be the last week I actually use the backup channel but I will leave alive for the time being so that if something comes up again it will be there for use, but as of right now I am uploading all of the old stuff that is currently on the backup channel and we should have everything on the original channel by next week.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hooray! Does that mean we get to see the fateful Gummi Ship video that torpedoed your channel in the first place? :D

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

No because if it torpedoed it once why wouldn't it do it again? I'm not risking it. I'm not trying to hide the video and to be quite truthful I think I've deleted it at this point, but I just don't want lose the channel again.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
So, this looks like quite a bit of fun! Any chance I could join in on the commentary?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

So, this looks like quite a bit of fun! Any chance I could join in on the commentary?
I will see what I can do. I will need your Skype name though.

Anyways, it's a little late today but here is the newest episode! Unfortunately there is no Jiminy's Journal Update again because we didn't run into anything new.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 037 - "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: Return to Space Paranoids"

New Episode
Episode 037 - "Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix HD: Return to Space Paranoids"

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, first of all I have some good news. The bogus community guidelines strike that was on my original channel has been lifted finally been removed so all of the that were on the BackupGMA channel are now on the original channel and all of the links in the OP have been updated to reflect that. If you were subscribed to the BackupGMA channel but not the original GrandmasterArcturus channel then now might be a good time to subscribe to the original channel simply because all future videos will be on the original channel again. You can find the channel here. Anyways, now on to the update for today.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 038 – "KH2 FM HD: A New Name For Hollow Bastion"

New Episode
Episode 038 – "KH2 FM HD: A New Name For Hollow Bastion"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Character (This one is actually a little late because I thought I had already added him in an earlier update.)
Xaldin

Xaldin is another Organization 13 member and he is the one we fought at Beast's castle when he attempted to turn Beast into both a Heartless and a Nobody. He uses his spears and various wind elemental attacks to beat you to death, but no worries this is a fight where King Mickey can save you if you die.
VA: David Dayan Fisher

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

It looks like there won't be any episodes this week because things didn't work out.
Managed to get everyone together on Sunday so everything became golden.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 25, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update! Sorry no Jiminy Journal additions today.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 039 – "KH2 FM HD: Hayner Returns!"

New Episode
Episode 039 – "KH2 FM HD: Hayner Returns!"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
wait, so you can complete the main story and skip Atlantica entirely?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yep. Just like in the first game, Atlantica is entirely optional.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GMArcturus posted:

Yep. Just like in the first game, Atlantica is entirely optional.

I assume you'll be covering Atlantica and the Hundred-Acre Wood in the post-game then?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Does Atlantica in 2 suck as much as it did in 1? i can't remember.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Larryb posted:

I assume you'll be covering Atlantica and the Hundred-Acre Wood in the post-game then?

Maybe I will, Maybe I won't. Let's just see what happens next week.

paragon1 posted:

Does Atlantica in 2 suck as much as it did in 1? i can't remember.

No, it reaches even greater depths of suckitude.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
you have my condolences then :v:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I can't believe that my pun wasn't noticed by anyone. I thought it was pretty clever.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
...I admit it, Atlantica doesn't bother me at all. I can do it without groaning in pain because I never watched the Little Mermaid. The real thing that bothers me about that world is how progress is gated off by the progress of your abilities.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I hit the mute button whenever I do Alantica in KH2. I dunno what I am going to do when the LP gets to it. I hope you guys talk really loudly over it in the cut version, because gently caress Alantica in KH2.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Nameless Fool posted:

I hit the mute button whenever I do Alantica in KH2. I dunno what I am going to do when the LP gets to it. I hope you guys talk really loudly over it in the cut version, because gently caress Alantica in KH2.

Well, we will probably be talking at the normal level because there are some people (admittedly few, to be sure) that actually like Atlantica in KH2.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't think that counts as a pun Arcturus.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think it's more wordplay than a pun.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Either way I thought it was creative.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Eh, it was pretty good I guess. If I were to grade your joke, I would definitely give it a high C :cheeky:.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 27, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Time for a new update!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 040 – "KH2 FM HD: The Fight That Had To Happen"

New Episode
Episode 040 – "KH2 FM HD: The Fight That Had To Happen"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Thinking back, Arcturus have you ever actually shown Master Form on screen? I can't remember seeing it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is grinding for Final Form possible if you fight until you've got one Drive bar and then going into one of the forms or do you have to grind up to the full five bars?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Thinking back, Arcturus have you ever actually shown Master Form on screen? I can't remember seeing it.

I have not yet but there is a particular Mushroom XIII shroom that I find is the best to use it on. Other than that, I just find Limit Form in every way better.

RareAcumen posted:

Is grinding for Final Form possible if you fight until you've got one Drive bar and then going into one of the forms or do you have to grind up to the full five bars?

Yeah, you can do that. Basically the idea is that you have the Two Become One keychain as your main and you just keep driving during fights whenever you get the chance and it will eventually reach the point where you are guaranteed to drive in to Final Form instead of the form you chose.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GMArcturus posted:

Yeah, you can do that. Basically the idea is that you have the Two Become One keychain as your main and you just keep driving during fights whenever you get the chance and it will eventually reach the point where you are guaranteed to drive in to Final Form instead of the form you chose.

Yeah, that part I got, I was just wondering if you could just grind up to the first level and transform and repeat or if it only activated if you went already to the full five.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, this reminds me of when I last tried going into the last Drive form. I was told that, yeah, you had to be in combat in order to allow procing of the form. But I also read that it had to be a fight with Nobodies, or else the form wouldn't proc (once you have the form available, you're golden, though). Someone mind telling me if that info is kosher or not?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

That info is not true. The battle DOES NOT have to be with Nobodies. You just have to be in battle, period.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
AS far as I remember you need 3 drive bars filled to be able to use any drive form, and I think 4 for Master and 5 minimum for Final, but I'm not sure. One full meter won't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

AS far as I remember you need 3 drive bars filled to be able to use any drive form, and I think 4 for Master and 5 minimum for Final, but I'm not sure. One full meter won't do it.
That is correct.

• Locked thread