Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly by this point, Peridot's heroic spaz attack has probably rendered it moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Anyone wanna run books on whether she'll face a dilemma to tag along with her crush or stick with her surrogate mother?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrashCat posted:

I read it and still didn't get it.

I blame the red herring posts. :v:
Red herring... roses are red... herring is a kind of fish... dead fish fertilize plants... Nautilus is a shellfish...

Oh my god. Rosemaster is carrying Nautilus' baby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Thanks Tulul and Gruckles for actually explaining, as opposed to just smugging it up by posting about how obvious it is without sharing.

They did? :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alright, this is what's going on:

The princess of the flower kingdom isn't dead. Her name is Azalea and she's the lady with the pink hair and sun glasses. Rosemaster used her mind control powers to make everyone in the flower kingdom THINK she was dead, because Rosemaster can mind control anyone who's named after a flower or flowering plant (carrots, cumbers, and almonds are all flowering plants and also the names of three of the main characters). However, she cannot mind control anyone named after something that isn't a plant like Nautilus (a sea critter) or Peridot (a rock) and that's why she kidnapped them instead of brainwashing them like she did everyone else.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

WarpedNaba posted:

Anyone wanna run books on whether she'll face a dilemma to tag along with her crush or stick with her surrogate mother?

I'm going with C.) Cordelia has second thoughts about the whole thing and goes back to space or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Alright, this is what's going on:

The princess of the flower kingdom isn't dead. Her name is Azalea and she's the lady with the pink hair and sun glasses. Rosemaster used her mind control powers to make everyone in the flower kingdom THINK she was dead, because Rosemaster can mind control anyone who's named after a flower or flowering plant (carrots, cumbers, and almonds are all flowering plants and also the names of three of the main characters). However, she cannot mind control anyone named after something that isn't a plant like Nautilus (a sea critter) or Peridot (a rock) and that's why she kidnapped them instead of brainwashing them like she did everyone else.

So that's all? I got that much, but you guys kept talking like there was more I was supposed to know!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nautilus doesn't recognize her because she might know Thornmaster.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

So that's all? I got that much, but you guys kept talking like there was more I was supposed to know!

Yup, that's it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, there's very plausible speculation that the whole point of this plan was for the contest-winning "princess" to sign the sword. Then, everyone goes cruising on out of Flower Kingdom with a signature they don't realize doesn't mean poo poo. So when they would show up to fight Nightlight, the Dream Sword would just be a useless hunk of metal, because it doesn't have the signature of every princess.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
They wouldn't even be able to get it out of the scabbard, at that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
That all seems unnecessarily convoluted when Rosemaster could just mind control them into thinking random chump #119 was the princess :v:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

dragon enthusiast posted:

That all seems unnecessarily convoluted when Rosemaster could just mind control them into thinking random chump #119 was the princess :v:

Maybe it's a limitation of her power, or maybe she just really loves drama. Maybe that was all just a back up system and her actual plan was to just use them to get the Hocus Crocus and then destroy them.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Honestly it's a p. good plan, and the kind of idea one might get after realizing you're gonna get beaten time and time again forever. Might as well be sneaky about it so you get beat as usual but you screw them in the long run. Honestly I'm kinda surprised Double-Knight didn't tamper with it.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

dragon enthusiast posted:

The Nightmare Knight thinks this too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

Honestly it's a p. good plan, and the kind of idea one might get after realizing you're gonna get beaten time and time again forever. Might as well be sneaky about it so you get beat as usual but you screw them in the long run. Honestly I'm kinda surprised Double-Knight didn't tamper with it.

If it can be derailed by something as simple as a teenager's emotional issues then it's not a very good plan.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Misandu posted:

Maybe it's a limitation of her power, or maybe she just really loves drama. Maybe that was all just a back up system and her actual plan was to just use them to get the Hocus Crocus and then destroy them.

Definitely the latter. NK already called her plan convoluted, and she calls it a drama. Plus she was totally ready to off Nautilus early on until Caboodle bailed her out. Rosemaster coulda just taken on everyone by now if she didn't want to put on a show, and she definitely coulda gone nuts on 'em by now if she wasn't busy totally killing Glitchmaster.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New page!

Look how happy Peridot is :3:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
This page made my heart go all warm and fuzzy. :3:
I like that Mr. R's glasses got lighter, and now Azalea's sunglasses are gone. It makes them seem much less suspicious.

Oh, and: Paranatural fans, look at the top-left panel of the last page.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Look at these gay bunnies, it's fantastic.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

D'aww.

Over all the comic, I hope Peridot gets a happy ending.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

This page made my heart go all warm and fuzzy. :3:
I like that Mr. R's glasses got lighter, and now Azalea's sunglasses are gone. It makes them seem much less suspicious.

Oh, and: Paranatural fans, look at the top-left panel of the last page.

Spendeeeeerrrrr :argh:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Looking at her ask.fm page, gigi said she doesn't like SA. I'm going to be honest, I don't even blame her in the slightest, but I don't exactly remember why she doesn't like us.

It had something to do with this thread, didn't it? Thats all I remember about it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She never really said what it was so there's just speculation. It happened around the time the Webcomics mock thread popped up so it isn't hard to guess. I don't think anyone had anything against her comic in particular but maybe some webcomicker friend got laughed at or something whatevs

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She doesnt like the webcomic mock thread.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Red herring... roses are red... herring is a kind of fish... dead fish fertilize plants... Nautilus is a shellfish...

Oh my god. Rosemaster is carrying Nautilus' baby.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, who's saying "you guys!"?

Edit: Oh wait, no, nevermind, got it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 26, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Looking at her ask.fm page, gigi said she doesn't like SA. I'm going to be honest, I don't even blame her in the slightest, but I don't exactly remember why she doesn't like us.

It's the :airquote:ironic racism in some parts

We have an anime subforum

I blame the Xbone

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
The first time she said it, it was right after someone had posted some Jerkcity crossover fanart in this thread. Could have been a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Or she could just not like the posting culture here. I don't blame her honestly.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Something Awful is the internet forum that fully lives up to it's name but has a smattering of cool threads for chill people to hang out in. Nobody knows outside of SA knows about these threads, naturally. They are like blossoms blooming from a pile of poo poo.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
To be fair, she doesn't like a lot of sites. We'll just have to send fanmail the old fashioned way :shobon:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, i don't even like something awful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

to be fair, i don't even like something awful
The feeling is mutual.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ugh, jokes. I don't like those.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Hmm I'm still not getting the setup for Azalea being the princess :confused:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pastrymancy posted:

Hmm I'm still not getting the setup for Azalea being the princess :confused:

Rosemaster can manipolate / erase the memories of everybody who's named after a flower or flowering plant.

Step 1: erase Azalea's memory.
Step 2: tell Azalea "You're my assistant, let's go conquer the Flower Kingdom".
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I wonder if deep insinde they were all aware of the mind control, but still had to act out this whole play for Rosemaster. Azalea's face sure supports this theory.

If so, Legato would be mad jelaous.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It occurs to me that not only did Rosemaster probably just kill everybody who wasn't named after a plant in the kingdom, she's probably done it so many times that they just stopped giving people non-plant names in the Flower Kingdom because it's "unlucky."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Eh... not really. I think "people are named in their kingdom's theme" is one of those details you just accept, here. It's not just this one, so no need to give this one some sinister reason. Call it a cultural thing if you want.