Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Like I said, even bronies can determine a poo poo idea twice a day. I was more saying this entire KS is a bad idea for almost every reason and as such hasn't gotten any pledges.

Didn't know someone already hopped on that but I am not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Noyemi K posted:

I'm surprised this hasn't seen a single dime but maybe even bronies can determine a poo poo idea twice a day.

Only $1500 to run a social website? That should pay for about a day's worth of work.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
He tried the same thing at $1000, got equally no support, and cancelled it early instead of letting it fail. Also the only info in is bio is "I'm awsome"

Truly someone capable of making the dream into reality.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Frocobo posted:

"Risks and challenges

No risks what so ever"

Except for not getting funded, apparently.

God, don't even joke about that. So many bad kickstarters actually think "not getting funded" is a risk for how a funded project could fail.

But it actually seems right. It promises no features, the guy could slap up a fresh (or even free) wordpress install with a custom banner and call it done. There really is no risk. And no reason to pledge.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Noyemi K posted:

Like I said, even bronies can determine a poo poo idea twice a day. I was more saying this entire KS is a bad idea for almost every reason and as such hasn't gotten any pledges.

Didn't know someone already hopped on that but I am not surprised.

Also I think there's been enough troll projects directed at bronies that they've grown a bit more suspicious.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Cheez posted:

He tried the same thing at $1000, got equally no support, and cancelled it early instead of letting it fail. Also the only info in is bio is "I'm awsome"

Truly someone capable of making the dream into reality.

The funding would go to a Laptop for him. LOL

"The best dating website for bronys and pegasisters. The reason I'm trying to get the funds for this project is that I need a laptop. "

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Is Steam Greenlight allowed, because this showed up on Steam Greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446233677

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Didn't even make it 3 seconds without realizing "is this a fetish? it's a fetish isn't it". :gonk:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I always wanted a badly designed version of popeye with some furry fetish thrown in.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Fun Fact: According to this comment...

... It's apparently based on This Comic.

Which hosts this strip (possible :nws:, though innocuously tame fetish content): http://gonechoo.tumblr.com/post/110786403951/gon-e-choo-strip-82-doctor-gator

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm getting less fetish and more racist than anything from this comic, seeing as the gator talks like a goddamn Brer Rabbit slavery-era stereotype.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I assume that's an attempt at cajun, shu 'nuf.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Writing accents out phonetically is always a bad idea.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Waffleman_ posted:

Idunno whatcher talkin' bout. :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wait. This is not the first comic with a Cajun alligator I've seen. There was one where said alligator wanted to become a kosher chef. I'm reasonably sure I didn't imagine it.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm getting less fetish and more racist than anything from this comic, seeing as the gator talks like a goddamn Brer Rabbit slavery-era stereotype.

https://twitter.com/Gonechoo/following

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh.

Ooooooooh.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:

Waffleman_ posted:

Gonna reread some more HP Lovecraft.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffleman_ posted:

The Dark Tower would...
certainly agree with you.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

it's weird how open and shameless some peopel are about their weird fetishes

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Waffleman_ posted:

DQ4's remake on the DS did this and it's as much a trainwreck as you'd expect when someone's typing out Russian and Scottish accents.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Evil Fluffy posted:

DQ4's remake on the DS did this and it's as much a trainwreck as you'd expect when someone's typing out Russian and Scottish accents.

At least with Scottish you can bastardise Scots and make it easily recognisable. I have no idea how to properly transfer a Russian accent into written text without resorting to fake СУЯIГГIК SСЯIРТ.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Paladinus posted:

At least with Scottish you can bastardise Scots and make it easily recognisable. I have no idea how to properly transfer a Russian accent into written text without resorting to fake СУЯIГГIК SСЯIРТ.

I'm not sure about DQ4's remake, but for DQ8 they would would pepper the accented dialogue with an offensive amount of stereotypical greetings depending on region. So the Russian-accented characters would say "Spasibo" a lot. It's not the worst idea, but their execution of it is pretty juvenile.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 01:07 on May 26, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ErIog posted:

I'm not sure about DQ4's remake, but for DQ8 they would would pepper the accented dialogue with an offensive amount of stereotypical greetings depending on region. So the Russian-accented characters would say "Spasibo" a lot. It's not the worst idea, but their execution of it is pretty juvenile.

Da, tovarisch.

That's pretty lazy. A more believable way would be to make word order less strict and change an odd preposition to something else. But then dialogues may become even harder to parse than any attempt at writing everything phonetically. Also it would require some considerable knowledge of Russian for no apparent benefit, since characters aren't even real Russians.

In games localised in Russian, by the way, everyone usually speaks with the same neutral accent and instead of going for characterisation through clichés attached to regional dialects good translators try to show it with text alone and wait a second this is not the thread I thought it was.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
DQ8 had voice acting so I think the text itself was in a neutral tone while the voice acting delivered the accents. The DQ4 remake had no voice acting so it looks like they decided to go balls to the wall on phonetic Scottish accents with no discernible basis for doing so in the Japanese text.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Who knows why, but at least it was kind of neat for DQ4 because you knew exactly where an NPC came from in terms of the world.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

BattleMaster posted:

Because on the internet being open and shameless is the path to finding your own sycophantic circlejerk validating your every move.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Wait. This is not the first comic with a Cajun alligator I've seen. There was one where said alligator wanted to become a kosher chef. I'm reasonably sure I didn't imagine it.
And while not a comic (although maybe, I dunno), there was also that one in Ninja Turtles.

Paladinus posted:

In games localised in Russian, by the way, everyone usually speaks with the same neutral accent and instead of going for characterisation through clichés attached to regional dialects good translators try to show it with text alone and wait a second this is not the thread I thought it was.
Yeah as someone who has worked in game localization a couple of times, I'm honestly astonished we get as many acceptable ones as we do in any language.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014
Is it weird that the thing that bothers me the about Gonechoo(or whatever) is how blatantly they ripped off Pogo? I mean, yeah, jamming fetish-y poo poo in there is also pretty hosed, but jesus, the lack of creativity seems even more shameless.

At least that's probably more likely to keep it off Steam than pointing out the weird fetish stuff in there...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

It's pretty easy to understand. If there isn't any nudity or on-screen loving then obviously it isn't sexual so it's just harmless cartoony fun!! :downs:

There's all sorts of horrible, weird vore/transformation/rubber/whatever fetish subcommunities on youtube, deviantart, and basically any place with creative content, and it's not even the first game like that on Steam Greenlight. There's literally no reason for them to even attempt to hide it since it flies under the technicalities of nudity and such that would get actual sexual content banned despite being overtly unsettling. It similarly gives a certain plausible deniability to people who don't want to admit they/their creations are wank fodder too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SomeIdiot posted:

Is it weird that the thing that bothers me the about Gonechoo(or whatever) is how blatantly they ripped off Pogo? I mean, yeah, jamming fetish-y poo poo in there is also pretty hosed, but jesus, the lack of creativity seems even more shameless.

You're definitely not the only one who feels that way, I was going to post this if you hadn't beaten me to it.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Waffleman_ posted:

Paladinus posted:

It's a ripoff of Pogo you uncultured swine.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
decline of the west.jpg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nagato posted:

It's a ripoff of Pogo you uncultured swine.

Is Garfield a Felix the Cat rip-off?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Paladinus posted:

Felix had jokes sometimes, so no.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

always thought of garfield as more of a heathcliff knock off

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Garfield is lasagna vore fetish.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is amazing

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/588524252/electric-motor-surfing-board-waterblade/

For only 1600 dollars you can sorta move forward while standing awkwardly on a floating thing. With lots of camera cuts so you can't see it barely moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

that looks tiring as gently caress