Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Definitely. Disney as a whole offers plenty of great vegetarian options at every restaurant and even the Food & Wine festival booths. On the cruiseline some of the best dishes were vegetarian options. They aren't skimpy dishes either, but full delicious courses. For example, we just ate at Coral Reef last week and my friend had the vegetarian "chick'n breast" and it was great.

Heres the full list of options in the parks in an easy to read table, but it doesn't list the resort restaurants

http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Yes it is available but no it is not as widespread.

Cryosleep
Jun 6, 2003

Time's UP!
At 24 hour Disney now. It's pretty freak'n busy. And hot. Got a room at Port Orleans French Quarter because we're gonna need a nap at some point tonight

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
We're back after a five hour break ready to go till 6.30! Park is packed.

2:30 am - why are all these loving people still here?! Also some family of scrubs left their two sleeping babies in the strollers while they went on Splash Mountain. Two uniformed security, a manager and Orange County deputy waiting for them to get back.

3:30 am - chugged a 5 hour energy, popped a Lipitor and had this..

4:00 am - people dropping like flies everywhere. Found this gem passed out in the castle.

5:00 am - zombies and really strange people everywhere. One hour to go.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 23, 2015

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

demonR6 posted:

2:30 am - why are all these loving people still here?! Also some family of scrubs left their two sleeping babies in the strollers while they went on Splash Mountain. Two uniformed security, a manager and Orange County deputy waiting for them to get back.

Why are there no pics of this? This is amazing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Douchebag posted:

Why are there no pics of this? This is amazing.

Security was blocking us and there were CM'S surrounding the area shooing people off.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Came home from a trip last night to an awesome little package from DemonR6! Going to be dangerous having a local Disney World merch hookup...

Only 173 days until I get to wear my super duper awesome Donald Jedi Magic band... and not look like a complete weirdo.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Tunga posted:

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, assuming you meant the acronym.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
SWW weekend 2.. got two of the weekly collectors posters, mission accomplished.

Park is crowded but expected being the holiday weekend. MK paling lot looked really busy.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 24, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

demonR6 posted:

SWW weekend 2.. got two of the weekly collectors posters, mission accomplished.

Park is crowded but expected being the holiday weekend. MK paling lot looked really busy.

Demon, I think you could make a nice little side goon or Ebay business doing this. :)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Friend got me the second SWW poster. He's already planned it out so I can get them all. Yessss this owns. Can't wait to frame them.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
If any APs were able to snag me a poster I'd be their best friend forever and ever.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Demon, I think you could make a nice little side goon or Ebay business doing this. :)

Nah, if I did that then it would take the fun out of it for me. I like doing it to hopefully put a smile on someone when they open the box and they see their newest toy.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Oh jeez I just found so sweet phone cases on sale and with free international shipping but my standard one is perfectly fine, if a little chipped.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dugong posted:

Oh jeez I just found so sweet phone cases on sale and with free international shipping but my standard one is perfectly fine, if a little chipped.

Oh come on just get one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I wanted one of those sweet Star Wars Weekends cases they had but of course most of them are for the iPhone and the ones for Android they have only go up to the Galaxy S5, I have the S6. I was hoping if anyone would have the newest cases it would be the Star Wars shops. Oh well, next year, unless I decide to get the newest phone before cases come out for it.

I swear one of the resorts, I think the Riverside, was still advertising Galaxy S3 cases as their only option lol

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Want me to keep an eye out for S6 cases?

It sucks they have this hard on for Apple products.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Want me to keep an eye out for S6 cases?

It sucks they have this hard on for Apple products.

If you ever see any let me know. I appreciate it :)

I'm assuming withing the coming months they should get S6 cases but I missed out on those cool SWW ones :(

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skeezy posted:

If you ever see any let me know. I appreciate it :)

I'm assuming withing the coming months they should get S6 cases but I missed out on those cool SWW ones :(

Three more weekends, you never know. If you have PM's enabled I'll message you if I see anything interesting.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I NEED that Maelstrom case but I have an Android phone. *sad trombone*

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Three more weekends, you never know. If you have PM's enabled I'll message you if I see anything interesting.

I've got PM's. Thanks again.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

demonR6 posted:

Oh come on just get one.

I have resisted and will wait until I get a new phone. They'll probably do another sale when the new iPhone releases I guess.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Well I felt(and still do) quite the fool on Saturday morning at the park; for some reason I thought the 24hr event started on Saturday and not the previous day, oops. At least my nephew got a laugh from my error, as he knew I was wrong during the whole planning period.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hell so you missed it.. it was pretty busy compared to previous years. I posted my favorite pic of the lone guy passed out on the bench. The babies left alone in the strollers by Splash would have been winners as well if it wasn't for security cockblocking my shot.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Has anybody seen the Tomorrowland pin in parks?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/tomorrowland-shirt-coming-to-disney-parks-online-store-from-may-22-28/

I bought some online a while ago, but they don't quite look like the one in the movie. And I'm a stickler.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Oh hell so you missed it.. it was pretty busy compared to previous years. I posted my favorite pic of the lone guy passed out on the bench. The babies left alone in the strollers by Splash would have been winners as well if it wasn't for security cockblocking my shot.

Were people sleeping on the fireworks grass area now that they could? I want to say this weekend wasn't as bad as last year weather and crowd-wise but who keeps count.

Also to add to my series of unfortunate events, I forgot to grab the Starbucks Disney mugs. Told myself I'd pick them up on the way out, but when one stays till closing time, the lizard part of your brain activates and seeks only the nearest bed.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

Has anybody seen the Tomorrowland pin in parks?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/tomorrowland-shirt-coming-to-disney-parks-online-store-from-may-22-28/

I bought some online a while ago, but they don't quite look like the one in the movie. And I'm a stickler.

We got the free ones they were handing out in EPCOT at the Test Track exit. Had to sign up for promo material from Chevy to get it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm thinking Disney will sell official versions of the pin eventually because even the one given out at Test Track isn't exactly like the one in the movie.

Honestly Disney should have been selling these pins way earlier and made a big thing about them. It's a god drat travesty that you can only get the pin at Test Track (in the Chevy showroom no less) how in the heck do they not have them in Tomorrowland proper.

Either way I'm content enough with the pin they gave out. Free pins a free pin. I wore it to the movie and I'm happy.

I also still have my Tomorrowland costume so I was definitely that dude when I went to see it. I didn't wear the full thing, just the shirt.

I'm cool and fun.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Quixotic1 posted:

Were people sleeping on the fireworks grass area now that they could? I want to say this weekend wasn't as bad as last year weather and crowd-wise but who keeps count.

Yes, there were quite a few people sleeping on the grass. One couple had bought one of those terribly expensive Disney blankets and was sleeping on it using terribly expensive character pillows as well. Random people sleeping along benches, it felt like being downtown only they were not bums and did not reek of alcohol.

Do I need to make a Starbucks coffee mug run for you?

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Yes, there were quite a few people sleeping on the grass. One couple had bought one of those terribly expensive Disney blankets and was sleeping on it using terribly expensive character pillows as well. Random people sleeping along benches, it felt like being downtown only they were not bums and did not reek of alcohol.

Do I need to make a Starbucks coffee mug run for you?

Wouldn't feel right to ask that of you. That and shipping would probably be bad for ceramic mugs; never shipped anything fragile before, always afraid they'd arrive as jigsaw puzzles.

Uziel
Jun 28, 2004

Ask me about losing 200lbs, and becoming the Viking God of W&W.
9 days to go until we arrive! Three quick questions since we are starting to pack:
1.) which of our reservation restaurants have a dress code? Like, all of us will be in tank tops every day/
Dinner O'hana, Lunch: Cinderella’s Castle, Dinner Inn at San Miguel, Breakfast Chef Mickeys, Dinner Scifi Diner, Lunch Be Our Guest. The remaining meals are all quick service.

2.) Any thoughts on stroller rentals? We have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. We were worried that double strollers would be a pain in the rear end to maneuver around, but also worried they would fit over strollers with 1 seat and 1 stand to ride.

3.) Is the Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert worth the $15? You can get it with any meal right or only at certain places? I know you have to order it in advance.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Uziel posted:

9 days to go until we arrive! Three quick questions since we are starting to pack:
1.) which of our reservation restaurants have a dress code? Like, all of us will be in tank tops every day/
Dinner O'hana, Lunch: Cinderella’s Castle, Dinner Inn at San Miguel, Breakfast Chef Mickeys, Dinner Scifi Diner, Lunch Be Our Guest. The remaining meals are all quick service.

1.) Non of these have a dress code last time I've been to all them,beside maybe no swimsuits. So enjoy.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Finding a place to live is literally the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Like, I just had a person talk to me seriously for two days about move in dates and what not, like it was going to be a sure fire thing, and then today he texts me and tells me the room is now filled. I just need a place to sleep and cook within reasonable distance to work. Goddamn.

In Disney News: I had a Darth Vader Cupcake today and christ, I love Darth Vader Cupcakes.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Finding a place to live is literally the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Like, I just had a person talk to me seriously for two days about move in dates and what not, like it was going to be a sure fire thing, and then today he texts me and tells me the room is now filled. I just need a place to sleep and cook within reasonable distance to work. Goddamn.

In Disney News: I had a Darth Vader Cupcake today and christ, I love Darth Vader Cupcakes.

Funny because there are apartments, townhouses and single family homes everywhere around here. Plenty of people I know have roomies too. You would think it would not be that hard?

Quixotic1 posted:

Wouldn't feel right to ask that of you. That and shipping would probably be bad..

Bubble wrap the poo poo out of it, get an oversized box and voila. And gently caress the wouldn't feel right asking, if you only knew how many magic bands and other things I've shipped out just in the last two weeks...

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 27, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

A friend shipped me one of the Starbucks park mugs. Had coffee in it today actually. I'm going to finish the set when I go in November.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It's only hard if you're trying to do it without a lease or something. If you have proof of income, etc, you can find a place in hours. When we were down for my wife's interview and she was hired on the spot, we had 48 hours to find somewhere and be somewhat moved in for her to start. Found an apartment that afternoon (second we toured). That said, you can always look through subleases and stuff on Craigslist, that looks to be your best bet if you're still in the situation you mentioned earlier.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Disney is releasing a couple Tomorrowland themed shirts (but only online, maybe the movie isn't doing hot enough for them?)

Oh and they are releasing the pin proper from the movie. It's an open edition.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Guess whose going to be at the park buying that pin? One guess.

Christ did he just take a picture of the pin on a freaking tile floor to post online?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

demonR6 posted:

Christ did he just take a picture of the pin on a freaking tile floor to post online?

Like in the movie! He's recreating the moment when Britt Robertson first picks it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Me actually lol

Edit. Also it's just one Tomorrowland shirt. I thought it was two because one had the Plus Ultra logo and the other the Pin logo but it's one shirt that at night shows the pin. Glow in the dark.