Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Madmarker posted:

Eh one of my non-magic playing friends got himself tattooed with the eponymous angel from the card Empyrial Archangel.
That's a really good piece though, and doesn't look super Magic art / generic arms out yelling pose.

Admittedly, I bought that set of prints so I might be biased.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

eat the richmtg community

So, having never played magic before. Do I just rock up to my flgs and buy something to learn the game?

The MTG 2015 game doesn't like my nexus 6.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Madmarker posted:

Eh one of my non-magic playing friends got himself tattooed with the eponymous angel from the card Empyrial Archangel.

He had no idea what it was, he's just a religious type who liked having a strong guardian angel on his arm.

That card was a sweet silver bullet in reanimator back in the days of 2011 along with cool finishers Iona, Inkwell Leviathan, and Sphinx of the Steel Wind :rip:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ah, MTG Finance, this is always a fun subject.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Greyish Orange posted:

So, having never played magic before. Do I just rock up to my flgs and buy something to learn the game?

The MTG 2015 game doesn't like my nexus 6.

You don't even need to buy to learn the game, they usually have 'sample packs' or something (not sure of the name), they're small decks, they don't even need shuffling, and an employee can use them to teach you the game (and you keep the deck :v: )

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

yeah thats one way to do it, better way is to post where you are located so that goons can tell you what store to go to/help you out.

But yeah, any good Magic store should have someone their willing/happy to teach you how to play, they probably have free starter decks to help get you started addicted.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

Do you think we can get Karakas to 200? I want it more expensive than some dumb creature

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

Do you think we can get Karakas to 200? I want it more expensive than some dumb creature

Maybe after Tabernacle is worth more than Unlimited Timetwister. We're getting there though.

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
What happened to that toxx? That was kind of interesting.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Count Bleck posted:

Don't be salty over your Commune with Lava bet.

What was the other card you bought? Commands? Did those go up?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Spiderdrake posted:

Don't be salty over your Commune with Lava bet.

What was the other card you bought? Commands? Did those go up?

Atarka's Command? Yeah, about 3 dollars. But I was planning on using those.

I'm over that really bad speculation. Mostly. Commune With Lava's still probably my favorite bad rare in the set despite me never using it, though.

The foil is a nice EDH Toy for Norin, though.

Other lovely specs by me: Skaab Obliterator that one time a modern deck ran a couple at a GP, Spirit of the Labyrinth when it looked like the new toy for Hatebears, Flame-Wreathed Phoenix that one time a GR aggro list was running a playset about 3 months back, and Herald of Torment for "when RTR rotates out, Mono Black Devotion will TOTALLY start using these."

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 26, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I bought like 12 Prognostic Sphinx for a quarter each because it seemed like a shoe-in for post-rotation play. Then they gotta go and print a buncha dragons.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Zoness posted:

That card was a sweet silver bullet in reanimator back in the days of 2011 along with cool finishers Iona, Inkwell Leviathan, and Sphinx of the Steel Wind :rip:

NO Bant for life.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lancelot posted:

What happened to that toxx? That was kind of interesting.

Jassi wimped out

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AgentSythe posted:

Johnny Five Jaces

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Still waiting for From the Vaults: Vaults

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Skyl3lazer posted:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So a friend of mine is trying to compile a list of Magic cards with sexually suggestive and/or funny names and I literally balked at an answer (other than Uktabi Orangutan, I guess); could anyone else help here?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

bhsman posted:

So a friend of mine is trying to compile a list of Magic cards with sexually suggestive and/or funny names and I literally balked at an answer (other than Uktabi Orangutan, I guess); could anyone else help here?

Deep Analysis.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

bhsman posted:

Tunnel Ignus.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Skyl3lazer posted:

Mana Vault, Phyrexian Vault, Perilous Vault, Vault of the Archangel, Vault of Whispers, Lim-Dûl's Vault, Helvault, Mutavault, Open the Vaults, Spoils of the Vault, 'Geth, lord of the Vault', Disciple of the Vault, Facevaulter, Vaultbreaker, and Vault Skirge.

Cards with "vault" in their name: 19
Cards on reserved list: 2 (Time Vault, Knowledge Vault)
Cards not included: 2 (Bottomless Vault, Vault Skyward)

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 26, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Krovikan Fetish
Bone Flute
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder

Cernunnos posted:

Mana Vault, Phyrexian Vault, Perilous Vault, Vault of the Archangel, Vault of Whispers, Lim-Dûl's Vault, Helvault, Mutavault, Open the Vaults, Spoils of the Vault, 'Geth, lord of the Vault', Disciple of the Vault, Facevaulter, Vaultbreaker, and Vault Skirge.

Don't forget Vault Skyward!

and obviously Time Vault

and Vaultaic Key

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 26, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'd buy FTV Mutavaults absolutely.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

bhsman posted:

Toils Of Night And Day
Terashi's Grasp
Cage of Hands
Dampen Thought
Desperate Ritual
Flames Of The Blood Hand
Night Dealings
Pull Under
Myojin of Night's Reach

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

I'd buy FTV Mutavaults absolutely.

FTV sol lands > ftv mutavaults

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Starving Autist posted:

Deep Analysis.

Elyv posted:

Tunnel Ignus.

Zoness posted:

Krovikan Fetish
Bone Flute
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder

Serperoth posted:

Toils Of Night And Day
Terashi's Grasp
Cage of Hands
Dampen Thought
Desperate Ritual
Flames Of The Blood Hand
Night Dealings
Pull Under
Myojin of Night's Reach

These are great, thank you. :love:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

bhsman posted:

Not exactly what you're looking for but...

THIS DECK IS TOTALLY NORMAL.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
but wait there's more

Sphinx-Bone Wand
Bone Dancer
Tunneler Wurm
Plow Under
Strip Bare
Hooting Mandrills
Through the Breach

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 26, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo why wouldn't you want a Phil Foglio art Bottomless Vault?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wrong topic.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Barbed Shocker
Shocker

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
"Fervid shamans willingly submit to shockers in hopes of glimpsing the fortunes of the future." :wow:

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Toshimo posted:

Yo why wouldn't you want a Phil Foglio art Bottomless Vault?

Someone knows of Foglio's xXxenophile past!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

bhsman posted:

Literally every non-basic land aside from OG duals.

Murming Bosk, Rupture Spire, Teetering Peak, Polluted Delta, Forbidding Watchtower, Vault of the Archangel, Blood Crypt, Overgrown Tomb, Watery Grave, Steam Vents, Raging Ravine.

Bloodstained Mire. :barf:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hallowed Fountain, Sacred Foundry, Overgrown Tomb?

BREEDING POOL?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

Literally every non-basic land aside from OG duals.

Murming Bosk, Rupture Spire, Teetering Peak, Polluted Delta, Forbidding Watchtower, Vault of the Archangel, Blood Crypt, Overgrown Tomb, Watery Grave, Steam Vents, Raging Ravine.

Bloodstained Mire. :barf:

And some basics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Rupture Spire > Spire Serpent > Rite of the Serpent > Rite of Passage > Rogue's Passage

e: Plow Through Reito

• Locked thread