Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My KB is insanely green because of some POS shots I did in 2012. It really hides the fact that, in nearly every small engagement where I was at risk of getting blown up, I did in fact, get blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

My killboard is green because I am very bad at Eve.

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Grumps' post really doesn't capture what HS actually does.
Don't forget the shameful PvE losses! :v:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

My killboard is green thanks to DBRB :allears:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Killboard is green thanks Reavers! for the batphone

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 26, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

hemophilia posted:

My KB is insanely green because of some POS shots I did in 2012. It really hides the fact that, in nearly every small engagement where I was at risk of getting blown up, I did in fact, get blown up.

B-R made me green for life.

I don't even carry damage drones on my logistic ships anymore. If a Titan shows up then so what? Put it over there on the pile with the others.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I don't really care about having a green kb, but it's nice to have. The day I refuse to undock because I'm worried about kb stats is the day I biomass every character on every account I own.
There's plenty of middle ground between caring deeply about killboard stats and throwing away a dozen ships for each kill. There's a certain satisfaction that comes from dunking a bunch of dudes without losing a ship that you can't really get by treating each ship as completely disposable, especially when you're consistently fighting the same group of people. For most people who play Eve, even goons, it's super-demoralizing to throw away dozens or hundreds of ships to the same person or group of people without getting a single kill in return, and being on the winning side of those kinds of fights (especially when you shouldn't have won on paper) is one of the best feelings you can get from the game.

You should never actually get upset about losing stuff though, staying alive is just a nice goal to strive for when possible.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Zephyrine posted:

I don't even carry damage drones on my logistic ships anymore. If a Titan shows up then so what? Put it over there on the pile with the others.

I sat on a gate to B-R in a dictor, and the FC told us not to jump. I should have jumped :v:

Tippis posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the part of the game that the old *Commander/*Lancer crowd actually want to see the most.

This is correct. If the single player campaign is good I'll download a cracked version of buy Star Shitizen when it's out and cheap.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 26, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

blowfish posted:

I sat on a gate to B-R in a dictor, and the FC told us not to jump. I should have jumped :v:

The hero we don't deserve.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Oh man those were the times!! I remember we jumped in and warped onto a gently caress-oh-gently caress type of grid, I whored I don't know how many dreads, we warped out, we warped in to a different spot on the grid, (I had dinner during said warps, thanks tidi), I whored a bunch of Titans, I went to sleep, I woke up 6 hrs later, logged back in, whored some more carriers, went to work, came back 20 mins before DT, whored a carrier and a super.

KB is green op success :smug:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

blowfish posted:

I was in a dictor in that other system keeping hostile carriers in station. After begging the FC for a couple hours, I finally said gently caress it and took gates to B-R. I wasn't that concerned about killmails: I just wanted to see the thing. Lost two dictors, and had a dogfight with a bunch of interceptors while swirling through hostile supers.

Even with TiDi and black screens and 2 hours of sleep, I'd do it again.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think one miniluv op has made me green for life now.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ynglaur posted:

Even with TiDi and black screens and 2 hours of sleep, I'd do it again.

Same here. I would'nt have missed it for the world

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm still mad I was too far away from shrike's titan to whore :(

E: offtopic - hey TMDC editors, I get that you guys are pretty starved for content right now, but god drat if you just let any old article through you're going to become EN24.

This has got to be the single worst piece of writing I've ever seen on the site, Vince Draken alliance updates included.

Also that "FLOD" has unironic Sun Tzu quotes and that triggers me

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 26, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

E: offtopic - hey TMDC editors, I get that you guys are pretty starved for content right now, but god drat if you just let any old article through you're going to become EN24.

This has got to be the single worst piece of writing I've ever seen on the site, Vince Draken alliance updates included.

That's not an article, that's an EVE-O forums post.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
So I'm cruising around in a blinged out loki. I jump through a stargate and load the next grid in a pod. A pod that looks like a loki but has no capacitor and can't warp anywhere because nothing is in range. I don't like it at all because I have 500 hp and there is an angry looking tristan right next to me. I squeal for help and a friendly logi manages to save me in half structure. Soon I have a 40 man t3 fleet guarding me but I can't warp anywhere and I can't file a stuck character petition because that's bugged too. Relogging doesn't help. Eventually we get a carrier over and I dump my ghost loki in the sma. The good news is that I can now warp and dock up. The bad news is that I now have 0 sp and I can't fly any ship at all. :ccp:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

AAPsel posted:

The bad news is that I now have 0 sp and I can't fly any ship at all. :ccp:

lol

ChickenWing posted:

hey TMDC editors, I get that you guys are pretty starved for content right now, but god drat if you just let any old article through you're going to become EN24.

Pretty sure that attracts pubbies, which is what the ~imperium~ aims to do.

quote:

killboards

Killboards can be quite a liability too, lots of people don't update kills on their super/titan characters to avoid being tracked or hunted. I personally disable my zkill api most of the time when I hyperdunk or do anything in highsec because people watch concord's kills and hurry over to stop the evil gankers.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ChickenWing posted:

You might have missed the ping, but TMC is apparently hiring/being shaken up; the Eye of Sauron is upon the org and the issues are being corrected, I think.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Yup which makes this alledged blue kill even funnier. You basically cannot lose a JF to enemy action unless you are brain dead.

:smug: my nyx 2 fast 2 furioused into the pos while cephi was exploding.

:catdrugs:

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 26, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Kesper North posted:

You might have missed the ping, but TMC is apparently hiring/being shaken up; the Eye of Sauron is upon the org and the issues are being corrected, I think.

I saw it, and was thoroughly pleased until this morning.

I assume the editors are intentionally being a little lax in the hopes that more activity will draw more readership and buy time to get some decent writers back on staff.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The problem that TMC will be facing now is that almost any person with the talent level of writing that they need can make more isk in less time by working any regular writing job and buying plex.

They've pretty much exhausted the pool of "can write well and cares enough about eve to do it for its own sake."

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.
Have they considered pairing people up? E.g. I'm a decent writer, but have been out of Eve too long and don't know the current events / politics. I'd need someone to summarize events or provide opinions. I'm sure there are other people in the same category.

That said, I don't think people appreciate how time consuming writing can be. Good articles can take several hours to write, edit, polish, re-edit, re-polish.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

polyfractal posted:

Have they considered pairing people up?

Yes I'm reasonably certain they have editors.

Although sometimes I wonder.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kesper North posted:

I don't think that the issue you are talking about, or that many of us are talking about, are the issues that they aim to fix.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Pretty sure that attracts pubbies, which is what the ~imperium~ aims to do.

you literally went fuckgoons because you were more into "dank memes", by your own admission

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

I don't think that the issue you are talking about, or that many of us are talking about, are the issues that they aim to fix.

That's so unfortunate, I don't think I've went to TMC since the site layout changed.

Mitsuo posted:

you literally went fuckgoons because you were more into "dank memes", by your own admission

I'm not saying what they are trying to do is bad or wrong, I'm stating what has been iterated mittens himself, that they want talent from other games.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 26, 2015

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

TMDC posted:

Let’s look at how this engagement demonstrated some of the lessons that The Art of War has taught to generations of strategists and men of industry around the world for over two thousand years.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

In this scenario, the LICMY had the strength of greater numbers, more guns, and better preparation for battle. So they concealed this by being in Ventures, which are industrials and thus present a weaker profile.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mitsuo posted:

dank memes are still better than your posting

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Mitsuo posted:

What's funnier are the 14 characters he's had purged from GSF / The Imperium since then.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What's funnier are the 14 characters he's had purged from GSF / The Imperium since then.

The only character I've put back into GSF has yet to be purged, but all my friends have been :smith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

character I've put back into GSF

aside from awoxing people, why

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

afktar

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

people in BL unironically do this

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

So I can log onto goonfleet mumble and talk to my friends :smith:

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 26, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

he stole like a jr member of your cabal's net worth i dont think he needs to do that

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This is the only reason I ever came back.

It's not too late to give it all back :unsmith:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The only character I've put back into GSF has yet to be purged, but all my friends have been :smith:

You sound like a good person for a goon to be friends with.

Reverand maynard posted:

Think that's between he and Warr at this point.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

prob should have thought of that :clint:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

AAPsel posted:

You aren't going to make a meaningful contribution as a line member in a fleet of over 20. 80 man fleets have the added bonus of pubbies making GBS threads up coms constantly. Space violence and Topgoon both offer engaging, small scale fights and they are accessible. Holesquad and Blackops are cool too but those require more effort on your part. Join one or all and never look back.

To expand on this: SV and Topgoon are both fairly small gang, blackops would be more what people describe as "Microgang" with fleets usually not topping 10 characters (And half of those being neutral scouting alts). Because of this blackops tends to be very picky about what ships you bring.

Currently blops is camping MOA into stations which sounds about as engaging as watching wallpaper dry. Hopefully fozziesov will net us more interesting things to do.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

not yet

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Help my friends won't talk to me all I did was rob them blind what gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

people in BL unironically do this

Correct. BL members spread their bear alts all over timid of renter and pet corporations to make isk.

Whyso had so many BL alts in it that it's nothing short of ironic that Grath purged them for lack of pvp activity. They were doing all their pvp on their mains.

• Locked thread