Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

#capfreed

:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
If BL uses alts in Imperium for afktaring, how do they transfer ISK from the money-making character (doubling as a spy with limited access) to the main?

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

If BL uses alts in Imperium for afktaring, how do they transfer ISK from the money-making character (doubling as a spy with limited access) to the main?

Probably launder it through contracts i mean how many times do you look who you are buying things in jita from and what alliance they are in, pretty easy to just hit a bunch of neutral or even hostile characters for payments without tripping any flags :shrug:.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 26, 2015

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
That sounds like a shitload of effort.

Better prepare yourself mentally and run incursions. But the stuff i have heard on those comms.. My god.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

code:
[Stratios, ......]
Damage Control II
Federation Navy 800mm Reinforced Steel Plates
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 25

Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Core Scanner Probe I
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Acolyte II x5
Warrior II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Imperial Navy Curator x4
Federation Navy Garde x4
Gecko x2
Nanite Repair Paste x545
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x8
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
Navy Cap Booster 800 x12
I keep a mobile depot and expanded launcher in the cargo just in case.

Thanks for this.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

My killboard is really green this week

in World of Warships

Same here.

Since coming back to EVE, I haven't really PVP'd but once (and died horribly.) Before, I had been meaning to just explore; WH's , regions in null I've never been too, etc.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Join Miniluv blow up miners

Send them mails and local chat about how they should of purchased a mining permit.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

you can remote plex, trade to neutral alt etc. Anything other than sending isk directly to their main in BL, essentially. Also if they're in a renter corp then no one is going to care because they're still paying their ratting taxes.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ynglaur posted:

Okay, by saying that people actually did that, I meant like two guys that I know of do it, so it's not like a prevalent thing.

As for transferring money, unless someone is looking for you specifically, it's as simple as transferring it to an alt and then to your BL character.

Thatim posted:

That sounds like a shitload of effort.

It's pretty easy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

code:
[Stratios, ......]

What's the purpose of the sebo -- or having both long point and scram (as opposed to longpoint + web)?

I assume there's something about WHs that I don't get.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Ynglaur posted:

Transfer money from afktar pilot to newbie corp alt that is on a separate account that nobody has an api for. Transfer money from that account to bl character. Congrats, you have now laundered your money.

Full disclosure: I have no idea if that's all it takes and will laugh my rear end off if some spy burns them self using my advice

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I havent been paying attention to eve lately but did Nulli just lose a supercap fleet?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hexel posted:

I havent been paying attention to eve lately but did Nulli just lose a supercap fleet?

Sources say: maybe

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=2355,2318&b=6521400&e=240&t=rvvvf&r=1&ro=105

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Transfer money from afktar pilot to newbie corp alt that is on a separate account that nobody has an api for. Transfer money from that account to bl character. Congrats, you have now laundered your money.

Full disclosure: I have no idea if that's all it takes and will laugh my rear end off if some spy burns them self using my advice

If someone investigated you they would probably notice you were an account that did nothing but send money to the EVE equivalent of an offshore bank, but there would be no clear connection between you and a hostile character unless someone ended up with both sides of the puzzle (possible, depending on how deep our own spies go) and the real risk would be getting purged for non-participation since your AFKtar guy probably never does anything ever to draw attention to themselves.

The thought of BL members being forced to tag along on SMA / FCON stratops to keep their ratting alts in good standing seems like punishment enough.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plenty of people send money to neutral alts. If you really wanted to be sneaky, you could put a "Jita market alt" on your api account, send the money there, and then use a series of throwaway alts on a second account as middle-men via contracts or station trades. It would work even better if your jita market alt was in a corporation, ostensibly for having a free extra hangar for sorting things.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Nietzschean posted:

Plenty of people send money to neutral alts. If you really wanted to be sneaky, you could put a "Jita market alt" on your api account, send the money there, and then use a series of throwaway alts on a second account as middle-men via contracts or station trades. It would work even better if your jita market alt was in a corporation, ostensibly for having a free extra hangar for sorting things.

Oh, for sure. A literal AFKtar alt that did nothing but send money out might be suspicious purely because it's an obvious money-making alt for someone else is likely not a member of the Imperium when doing things they care about.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
character a gives money to highsec character that's on an unattached API, it doesn't matter if this is your market alt or what have you since nobody has the api and can see where this money goes. trade alt gives money to character B on its own account, which can be a brand new character made and then biomassed for this purpose if you really got paranoid. character B then sends the money to "real" account C. Tada you are untraceably laundered

you don't need anything more than that unless you're stupid as poo poo and give up your api for that unaffiliated account

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:commissar: tmc dot com delenda est

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Hexel posted:

We almost got more but they'd jumped a few out by the time our dictors landed. When I left there were a handful left cowering in a pos

Moatman fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 26, 2015

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blowfish posted:

:commissar: tmc dot com delenda est

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Nietzschean posted:

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Tengu, its mods fried.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Do relic and data sites get reseeded only at downtime or periodically throughout the day? Also, is there some sort of sov mechanic that increases their likelihood?

ullerrm posted:

What's the purpose of the sebo -- or having both long point and scram (as opposed to longpoint + web)?

How would you fit one? I was thinking about longpoint and web too.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Relic and data sites get reseeded outside downtime. I think it goes by constellation or something. I have definitely flown around a constellation doing sites, and had new ones appear where there had been none a few hours before.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

causticBeet posted:

KB stats are cool and fun to look at but all they really show is player activity, not really skill or experience. Like having dope kb efficiency really just says you either are really risk averse or shoot a bunch of moons.

Having a 99%+ efficiency means you either solely gank or solely exists in a world of fleet fights.

The best pilots I've ever encountered in this awful game were at about 70-75%, and they were small gang (2-3 people 'small gang')/solo nerds. If you fall into the high 70's low 80's you do both, and if you're 85-98% you're either bad or a recovering baddie. It's the fights you shouldn't win and do that make EVE fun.

Ynglaur posted:

Small amounts through anonymous npc corp alts. There's a reason 5+ year old 0 SP pilots have some worth.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

vyst posted:

#capfreed

:smugdog:

#VystOwns :thurman:

Shout out to Vio, Bring and gbs crew for keeping the faith <3

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

MoraleHazard posted:

Do relic and data sites get reseeded only at downtime or periodically throughout the day? Also, is there some sort of sov mechanic that increases their likelihood

As I understand it, new ones pop up when old ones are completed, somewhere ?nearby?, after an unknown amount of time. R/D sites can bunch up in out of the way systems, so it's good to spread out.

It's also why you shouldn't cherrypick cans - if the last can just has carbon in it on cargoscan, quickly explode it. Unless you're exploring in hostile space, then gently caress them.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

ullerrm posted:

The only thing I can think of is if you're trying to catch ventures or relic runners. You often need 3 points to hold them down. Not really sure if the sebo would be necessary though.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Wolfy posted:

The only thing I can think of is if you're trying to catch ventures or relic runners. You often need 3 points to hold them down. Not really sure if the sebo would be necessary though.

Fair. In that case, I'd probably drop the sebo for a web. Alternately, use one of the cheap +3 faction scrams, and replace the sebo with an AB instead, dualpropping:

quote:

[Stratios, wh copy 1]
Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Federation Navy 800mm Reinforced Steel Plates

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
10MN Afterburner II
Shadow Serpentis Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Gecko x2

I also replaced the nos with a third neut, as there's not much point to a nos if you're already injecting. To be honest, I'm usually not a fan of mixing plates and reps, especially with the relatively little EHP that an 800mm buys you... but I don't know, like I said, there may be things about WH ratting that I don't know.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I kind of hated the 800mm plate on my Stratios. It just seemed to make it so drat slow at aligning and warping out. However I mainly used it to explore, and potentially kill other explorers.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

angerbeet posted:

It's also why you shouldn't cherrypick cans - if the last can just has carbon in it on cargoscan, quickly explode it. Unless you're exploring in hostile space, then gently caress them.

The only time this isnt correct is right before downtime; as hacked cans in a site "refill" when the server resets. So you can hack all but the one carbon can just before downtime and log back in to a fresh site

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Xolve posted:

Having a 99%+ efficiency means you either solely gank or solely exists in a world of fleet fights.

The best pilots I've ever encountered in this awful game were at about 70-75%, and they were small gang (2-3 people 'small gang')/solo nerds. If you fall into the high 70's low 80's you do both, and if you're 85-98% you're either bad or a recovering baddie. It's the fights you shouldn't win and do that make EVE fun.

It's definitely the fights I shouldn't win that I play eve for. Murdering helpless miners is just an added bonus.

I think zkillboard's points system is a much better metric to look at for solo/small gang. Each class of ship is given a set number of points, and the points are divided by the number of people involved in the kill. Non combat ships are worth very few points. Isk efficiency would put me at 55% this year. 18.17b killed vs. 14.47b lost. While my points efficiency is at about 81%, 10623 killed vs 2386 lost.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Breaking even when you PvP by taking a mildly blinged out Machariel through a wormhole and seeing how many regions you can make it across is pretty impressive, even if partly as a testament to how bad people are at this game.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Was just a pure ganking fit I got off Longdrinks. I use it to go through wormholes and gently caress with people. Not sure what to use for running sites. Mainly for killing people who don't want to fight.

tyler fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 27, 2015

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Had my first go in a fleet action tonight, 80 pilots or so and me in the amarr ewar frigate.

Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. We did get in a fight, stomped them pretty hard near as I can tell, but it didn't exactly feel like an engaging experience. Didn't feel like I had much real impact or influence. :shrug:

I feel the same way flying ewar. At least with logi and DPS roles you have something tangible to look at to see your actually doing something. But with ewar you just show up on the killmail and hope you were effective at limiting range or whatever.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

objectively bad posted:

I think zkillboard's points system is a much better metric to look at for solo/small gang. Each class of ship is given a set number of points, and the points are divided by the number of people involved in the kill. Non combat ships are worth very few points. Isk efficiency would put me at 55% this year. 18.17b killed vs. 14.47b lost. While my points efficiency is at about 81%, 10623 killed vs 2386 lost.

That sounds like a system MOA would embrace in a desperate attempt to claim victory after losing the fight, the isk war and the post-insurance isk war (usually the last grasp)

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Had my first go in a fleet action tonight, 80 pilots or so and me in the amarr ewar frigate.

Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. We did get in a fight, stomped them pretty hard near as I can tell, but it didn't exactly feel like an engaging experience. Didn't feel like I had much real impact or influence. :shrug:

Being the only web Loki is lots of fun. You see the primaries taking some damage then throw your webs on them and see them take a LOT of damage.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for this.

Same here.

Since coming back to EVE, I haven't really PVP'd but once (and died horribly.) Before, I had been meaning to just explore; WH's , regions in null I've never been too, etc.

What's your name in boats? Always looking for more people to make divisions with.

Okay, by saying that people actually did that, I meant like two guys that I know of do it, so it's not like a prevalent thing.

As for transferring money, unless someone is looking for you specifically, it's as simple as transferring it to an alt and then to your BL character.

It's pretty easy.

You know that you're basically asking digi to come to your house right

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

objectively bad posted:

muh points efficiency

I suddenly understand why you don't want to fly with us. :v:

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Finally I tried that smallgang/solo 10mn svipul fit from goonwiki. And I have a question about it.
I never used to fly ships with oversized ab and I'm even more confused about it because of t3 destroyers bonuses to agile in propulsion mode.

What default orbit should I make to not loose scram on my target?

I was able to tank a solo myrm in it. :)
While it was killing my buddy in orthrus, who get in close range for some reasons.:geno:

I don't have bonus alt.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Zephyrine posted:

That sounds like a system MOA would embrace in a desperate attempt to claim victory after losing the fight, the isk war and the post-insurance isk war (usually the last grasp)

They'd barely get any points for killing ratters with 20+ bombers. http://zkillboard.com/alliance/1301367357/stats/ They do better in isk efficiency than they do points.

scandoslav posted:

I suddenly understand why you don't want to fly with us. :v:

:colbert: I don't care about points efficiency.

The reason I don't fly with holesquad is because I hate effort and taking advantage of the effort other people put in. I'd either hate scanning and log in less, or I'd feel bad for using chains other people have scanned and log in less. I also hate logistics and thera has lowsec exits near jita every other day so getting stuff in is trivial. Getting podded puts me straight back to thera and when I've logged back into the middle of nowhere after being too lazy to fly home there's a good chance there'll be a thera entrance nearby.

Anyone is welcome to join me from thera to roam with me and ruin my points efficiency but I know that the way I roam is probably pretty boring to most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Hey space-rocks nerds. I

'm DMing a Star Wars game and my players found someone that wants to give them a prototype ship. I was looking for interesting never-seen-in-Star-Wars type ships and came around to the Exequror, Algos, Ferox, and Harbinger, all of which looked kind of cool.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know of any deck plans for any of these ships. I want to print them off to use them as a tabletop map for the crew to run around. I haven't figured out which ship to give them yet -- leaning towards the Harbinger or the Exequror -- but any of them would be useful.

• Locked thread