Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Metapod posted:

i know zig zag cheese shouldn't be a thing but what are you going to do

what

there was a cheese method unknown to me the whole time??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tae posted:

what

there was a cheese method unknown to me the whole time??

You've never noticed people running back and forth online and becoming indefensible?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Duggler posted:

You've never noticed people running back and forth online and becoming indefensible?

I have never played online, outside of like 1 game. I sometimes wonder why I don't just make an offline account instead because of that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
2K16 is going to be A Spike Lee Joint

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay, this has probably been complained a billion times, but it is absurd that the game continues on the floor when those stat thingies comes up. I've given up completely open lay-ups because a "Top 5 SG" stat fills the screen while my opponent is bringing up the ball.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Honj Steak posted:

So this happened to me today.

That's weird. How did you get Kyrie to play defense?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Does being dunked on by mini me count as D?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahaha, Dunked on both Kyrie and Love.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Anybody playing MyPark on PS4? The amount of 7 footers trying to drain 3s and refusing to pass is starting to get old

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
i play sometimes as a normal sized human point guard who nobody passes to

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

inSTAALed posted:

i play sometimes as a normal sized human point guard who nobody passes to

its incredible how many point guards i see that get inbounded the ball and then run to the arc and try to drain a 3

i will say this, its made me up my rebounding game a bit. im having a hard getting my shot timing down with the latency. i assume my ping is good but its definitely different shooting in multiplay than single

E: wrt passing. I swear i've never yelled at my TV more than with this game. first off i think passing and getting assists is fun, and the game rewards you for it, and it just works better. ah well, i'm probably preaching to the choir.

my ps4 name is midgetstomper_ if anybody wants to add me. just mention youre a goon/2k15 so i can filter you out from publets

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

God drat why do I keep playing this awful game.

The latest (maybe a few months old at this point) patch really turned online into a 3 point contest and did nothing to stop people running back and forth becoming impossible to guard. Not to mention how online play feels really laggy all the time for me, talking .25 second delays in a game where acceleration and momentum are already tough to overcome offline.

Blaarghgahagh I just want to play some sim ball not against the CPU and not scream at my TV

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I play as Mandrel71 if you guys want to get a squad going. Pubbies loving blow

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I really like this game a lot but the lag makes it hard. Adding you, mandrel

E: i see you beat me to the punch. Im one of those people that leaves their consoles on all the time so if i don't get back at you its nothing personal

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 14, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

KD doesn't miss online at all ever

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
So is the very beginning of myPlayer supposed to be an unfun slog? My guy is terrible at basketball. :/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

JPrime posted:

So is the very beginning of myPlayer supposed to be an unfun slog? My guy is terrible at basketball. :/

Yeah pretty much. Honestly I enjoyed that period more than when I became a ~*superstar*~ and started being forced to play 40+ minutes a game and the only one trying to score or do anything on my team.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

JPrime posted:

get the iphone app, you get coins on coins on coins

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Regnevelc posted:

get the iphone app, you get coins on coins on coins

Oooh, didn't know about that. 500 + the bonuses/day is nice. It's gotten a bit better, I just had a 15 point/4 assist/4 turnover (stupid lobs) game...close loss. I wish you could skip through so much of the little scenes while you're not playing. I also wish I had made my PG taller :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I saw this on Reddit and was very amused

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Decided to fire up a quick game of the Blazers vs Grizzlies for retaliatory reasons. I was excited to see that in their current roster Wesley Matthews is back! Well, my excitement was short lived. Both of these happened in the same quarter

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zelah posted:

Decided to fire up a quick game of the Blazers vs Grizzlies for retaliatory reasons. I was excited to see that in their current roster Wesley Matthews is back! Well, my excitement was short lived. Both of these happened in the same quarter

man that is really realistic

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
apparently 2k16 is coming out in september

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

Nice! I like that they moved it back, that's usually when I start jonesing pretty hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

#1 feature: Turn off cutscenes option in mycareer.
#2 feature: fix that stupid animation bug that has you celebrating after a dunk and you literally are stuck while Wall dunks on the other end.
#3 feature: Minutes request reduction
#4 feature: Punch coach. I'm practicing hard, you rear end in a top hat

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I just want way more stupid, silly poo poo in mycareer. I'd also really like them to split up cosmetic/stat purchases so that they're not on the same currency so you can actually buy silly poo poo for your guy without feeling like you're gimping yourself.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I just want a PS3 version with roster updates and some token dressing for like $30-40

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Feature#4: if I play better than Michael Jordan loving acknowledge it!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Holyshoot posted:

Feature#4: if I play better than Michael Jordan loving acknowledge it!

God, yeah.

e: I really enjoyed 2k15 a lot but there's so much more they can do to make it better, chief among which is make things actually change past the first season in mycareer.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 26, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

#4 feature: Punch coach. I'm practicing hard, you rear end in a top hat

this alone would be worth $60

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

They really need to work on the teammate AI and let the coach pull you out of the game when you already have 50 points and are up by 20+. They pull the other stars so the logic is there, they just need to apply it to your player as well.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

The Duggler posted:

They really need to work on the teammate AI and let the coach pull you out of the game when you already have 50 points and are up by 20+. They pull the other stars so the logic is there, they just need to apply it to your player as well.

And maybe while they're at it, make it so that the other team doesn't go from 20 points down to 14 points up over the course of you not being on the floor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The difference between playing and simulation is staggering. I'm on the bench when Harden has like 6 points. Sit down for 3 minutes, he has 22. ???

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tae posted:

The difference between playing and simulation is staggering. I'm on the bench when Harden has like 6 points. Sit down for 3 minutes, he has 22. ???

Last year you could set the sim length, they took it out for this gen for some reason.

My one hope this year is that they flesh out the My Team mode. I'd like more offline challenges similar to Madden's with no lineup restrictions, whats the point having a killer team when half the time you can only use them online? I don't play online anymore because it's an exploit ridden mess.

Also I know packs are a gamble but they need to give you more bang for your buck, paying nearly 10k for a pack just to get a silver player is inexcusable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I also don't like how they did free agency in mycareer. You're not allowed to look at the roster when deciding, and only after your 2nd contract do you get input on players, and then those are automatically on your team for some reason. I miss last year when you could request teammates traded and getting the ball more.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tae posted:

I also don't like how they did free agency in mycareer. You're not allowed to look at the roster when deciding, and only after your 2nd contract do you get input on players, and then those are automatically on your team for some reason. I miss last year when you could request teammates traded and getting the ball more.

Speaking of, they had a thing on their twitter in game where you could tweet at players to make a big 3 like the heat did. Did they flesh that out or was it all fluff?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Speaking of, they had a thing on their twitter in game where you could tweet at players to make a big 3 like the heat did. Did they flesh that out or was it all fluff?

In my many hours, it does nothing. I constantly badger Aldridge to join the Rockets but nada. It was only on my third team did I finally get input and those players automatically join the roster.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm in the mood for a new sports game and I'm thinking NBA is gonna be it. When I play Madden I'm all about franchise modes and team building over time. I've never had a game with a MyCareer kind of thing but it looks pretty fun from what I've seen. If I only care about single player is it worth dropping the extra money on 2k15 or is 2k14 as good in those regards?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

weekly font posted:

I'm in the mood for a new sports game and I'm thinking NBA is gonna be it. When I play Madden I'm all about franchise modes and team building over time. I've never had a game with a MyCareer kind of thing but it looks pretty fun from what I've seen. If I only care about single player is it worth dropping the extra money on 2k15 or is 2k14 as good in those regards?

Depends on the platform you use. If PC or Next-Gen, then 2k15 is def worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Honj Steak posted:

Depends on the platform you use. If PC or Next-Gen, then 2k15 is def worth it.

Yep, PC. I'm not a huge basketball fan these days so an upgraded roster probably isn't something I'll even be aware of. But if the Career/Franchise is that much better I'll plunk the bux.

• Locked thread