Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wyld Karde posted:

Suzy is dressed for gym in 1985. :allears: I'd ask why, but I'm not sure I want the answer.

It's because Suzy is always pushing it to the limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I love the fact that the invincible Ball Golem is still going strong.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If Suzy and Johnny ever team up we have no reason to care about anyone else in this comic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pfft. Such a great chapter. Gotta love it when people try to do poses similar to the Ginyu squad.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

If Suzy, Starchman and Johnny ever team up we have no reason to care about anyone else in this comic.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Not fair, Starchman is an auto win because of how awesome he is.

You are the kid who always picked Oddjob in Goldeneye death matches, aren't you?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Make Suzy into a Spectral too. She can join the Johnny/Isaac bloc that'll form in opposition to the Activity Club.

Make everyone a Spectral. Make the whole town Spectral. Give us another round of dodge hit ball where everyone has cosmic powers.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

"They're Student Council" is a really good line.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like that the one guy has one white and one black eyebrow.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

Not fair, Starchman is an auto win because of how awesome he is.

You are the kid who always picked Oddjob in Goldeneye death matches, aren't you?

Yes. :( But my counterargument is that Oddjob was great.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Cavatica posted:

But my counterargument is that Oddjob was great.

Well, not really. That's sort of the problem with him.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-39
Suddenly I like Suzy a lot more.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Oh gods, that whole paper. The title, the spelling of 'bankrupped', that little doodle of Suzy saying "Me!", the crudely drawn main picture, the way the article goes on to explain what a bus is. :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the twins' story comes to a tragic end :smith:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Suzy is indeed wonderful, but let's not ignore Max's face on the second panel, because it's worthy of attention.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tollymain posted:

the twins' story comes to a tragic end :smith:

It's a happy ending, they can go chill on the benchers together now :kimchi:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ahaha Suzy even uses Comic Sans.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

Ahaha Suzy even uses Comic Sans.

What? She doesn't even use a computer.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wyld Karde posted:

Oh gods, that whole paper. The title, the spelling of 'bankrupped', that little doodle of Suzy saying "Me!", the crudely drawn main picture, the way the article goes on to explain what a bus is. :haw:

You gotta zoom in to really catch some of the other stuff. "The ugliest man" "NO NEWS AINT GOOD NEWS. Why we are relevant even tho nobody thinks we are" and my favorite: "FOOD! Who needs it anyway like for real"

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Max just has to point out to Suzy that even if a rule is created forbidding bus jumping it can't be retroactively used against him. He's in the clear as long as he doesn't bus jump from here on out.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Bus jumping has been declared to be extremely against the rules. I'm pretty sure the school administration would indeed enforce it against Max for the preexisting offence if Suzy were to let slip that it was him.
Now shush up while she's blackmailing him.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Everyone needs lovely bearded nobles in their life

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

http://www.theonion.com/article/student-reporter-hits-it-out-of-the-park-with-5-ac-34033

Commendable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm not even sure it happened on thursday the whateverth, 20XX

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Everyone needs lovely bearded nobles in their life

I think it's "lonely landed nobles".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
This is the yellowest journalism.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

I think it's "lonely landed nobles".

Oops. I was reading it on my phone.

But I stand by my defense of lovely bearded nobles

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
First it was Isaac. Then the Elite Beat Agents Student Council and their weird poses. Now Suzy prints her tabloid newspaper like it was a manga.

I think the anime is spreading. :ohdear:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I know I'm being dense, but I don't get Max's comments in the last two panels :saddowns:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Renaissance Robot posted:

I know I'm being dense, but I don't get Max's comments in the last two panels :saddowns:
Same here. :saddowns:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He's insinuating that her focus on journalism is a bad career path given how awful the paper looks and is suggesting she maybe find a rich dude to marry instead

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

He's being a huge rear end in a top hat.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I think he's suggesting that she'd fit really well into a medieval court, with all the intrigue and scheming that inevitably happens there.

What he's saying is that she's a Game of Thrones character.

Or a Crusader Kings 2 character, alternatively.

EDIT: The "marry a rich dude" theory is probably more correct, also simpler.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 27, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Max is canonically a weird psychic with a dad who loves him, he's just probing Suzy's mind and putting her on tilt by knowing esoteric trivia about her life.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

flatluigi posted:

He's insinuating that her focus on journalism is a bad career path given how awful the paper looks and is suggesting she maybe find a rich dude to marry instead

Ooooh I get it now. :kiddo:

Mystic Mongol posted:

Harsh but fair imo

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Mystic Mongol posted:

Telling a girl she should marry an old rich man because she has no talent is a pretty lovely thing to say, but I think most if not all bets are off if said girl is blackmailing you.

Mostly I just think it's funny when characters I like are huge assholes to each other.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
She's definitely gonna burn his house down now.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Prawn Salad posted:

Telling a girl she should marry an old rich man because she has no talent is a pretty lovely thing to say, but I think most if not all bets are off if said girl is blackmailing you.

She's also being a huge rear end in a top hat.

Most of the characters in this comic are being huge assholes at the moment. Given the choice, put your faith in Johnny Jhonny.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a subtle point, but I think making the reference specifically "lonely landed nobles" instead of "lonely rich business heirs" or whatever the more cutting, Mean Girls gossip style insult would be makes it less offensive yet a better insult, and also funnier.

Max has a tendency to just quietly continue a conversation with people under his breath while they're trying to talk to him, and it's always great material. I think it works so well because Max lives among various anime or school cliches and it's a great way to undercut whatever speech is getting thrown his way. He's not the only one that does it, it's a pretty popular thing in Parantural in general, but it's definitely part of Max's particular style.

Edit: VVVV Suzy is definitely noticing, and trying to bravely persevere regardless.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I think Boss Leader was the only one who actually noticed Max rambling to himself.

But she's not so much an anime as she is an unnerving dream lady and also kind of a jackass.