Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

gently caress this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
So for those of you who were on during the Tuska meteorite crash, we totally nailed it thinking it had to be taken to the airuts, we just didn't hit it within the time limit. Here is a screenshot from the RSOF showing what happens. This pubbie was smart enough to go to a Portuguese world and do it himself with no interruption.

http://goo.gl/u45gsQ

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Oh gently caress I wanted to get in on the Tuska thing, I guess this is just a precursor to the main event though (?)

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Read posted:

Oh gently caress I wanted to get in on the Tuska thing, I guess this is just a precursor to the main event though (?)

yes it was, gave some mining xp and meteor shards, which currently have no use and seem to just be an early bird style bonus loot for those who happened to be online.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Professor Oak posted:

So for those of you who were on during the Tuska meteorite crash, we totally nailed it thinking it had to be taken to the airuts, we just didn't hit it within the time limit. Here is a screenshot from the RSOF showing what happens. This pubbie was smart enough to go to a Portuguese world and do it himself with no interruption.

http://goo.gl/u45gsQ

Holy poo poo, were going to fight pokeymans!

Tusss kaaaa chuuuuu :3:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Voyaging posted:

The game was one of the first and one of the most unique sandbox MMOs. The in depth quests, massive skilling content, control scheme, combat system were all incredibly original. Now that everything is focused on efficiency a lot of that is lost, but at one point, between the community and the sandbox elements, I would say without reservation that this was one of the greatest games ever and probably a top 3 MMO ever (with WoW and EVE).

When this game was at its best I don't know if I've ever had more fun playing a game.

Whoa, I didn't think a pubbie would register on SA

This game has always sucked and the only reason I (and lil blaster who is grinding Runecrafting right now) still play it sometimes is nostalgia and goons. Relative to its competition Runescape was always behind on the times and the only reason it has survived is its massively broken pubbie playerbase addicted to it (and relapsing) like heroin.

One of these days Pizza Lady is going to relapse and come back, mark my words.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

How Rude posted:

One of these days Pizza Lady is going to relapse and come back, mark my words.

frag and I were talking earlier about Runescape, and how it was mainly talking to goons that made sticking to the game worth it. Then we laughed at how stupid it is to make south the new north, and I went back to being a Cool Pizza who will never play Runescape again, and he, a mega nerd putting more hours into Maplestory.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Please do not play Maplestory.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Themata posted:

frag and I were talking earlier about Runescape, and how it was mainly talking to goons that made sticking to the game worth it. Then we laughed at how stupid it is to make south the new north, and I went back to being a Cool Pizza who will never play Runescape again, and he, a mega nerd putting more hours into Maplestory.

:rip:

It was your posts that got me playing runescape! Shame my play time is late nights EST, I never see anyone on.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Someone explain the south/north joke to me, a simple pleb.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Jagex "fixed" a camera orientation bug by making changing the default orientation from north to south instead of actually fixing the bug.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

For realsies, Runescape sucks.

Sucked in the last decade, will continue to suck in this decade.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

alphabrawl posted:

:rip:

It was your posts that got me playing runescape! Shame my play time is late nights EST, I never see anyone on.

:3: I don't know whether to feel happy that I was able to make you excited to play with goons, or to feel bad for getting you suckered into this terrible tragedy in the first place. :smith:

Read posted:

Jagex "fixed" a camera orientation bug by making changing the default orientation from north to south instead of actually fixing the bug.

On top of that, they started going through other content in order to align it with changing the camera from facing north to south. For a bug that had a rare chance of occuring.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Studio posted:

For realsies, Runescape sucks.

Sucked in the last decade, will continue to suck in this decade.

Runescape has some REALLY good quests compared to many other games, which is usually what keeps the broke brained maxed idiots (like me) playing. It's like eating poo poo every day because you know the chef can make a real loving good crêpe suzette every third month.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Spergminer posted:

Runescape has some REALLY good quests compared to many other games, which is usually what keeps the broke brained maxed idiots (like me) playing. It's like eating poo poo every day because you know the chef can make a real loving good crêpe suzette every third month.

It does! And I like the writing on the rare chance that you'll see it. Except it's all still garbage

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Pissing off pubbies paid off. Full vanguard!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Studio posted:

It does! And I like the writing on the rare chance that you'll see it. Except it's all still garbage

A pity that you spend the other 95% of the game clicking the same monsters/rocks/trees/fishing spots/etc. for 1000 hours.

I mean, when your players are strategizing how best to AVOID actually playing the game you know it's a pretty lovely game.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Then stop playing. Runescape is great for what it is - an easily accessible browser game with loads of content. I'd rather casually play Runescape than addictively play something like WoW.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm an unapologetic Runescape player. There is no point in defending the fact I play this horrible game.

edit: we still need a :jagex: emote

Loads of great content such as Trimmed Comp cape, Livid Farm, and dead content on release day

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Don't forget that trimed comp capes take, what, two thousand hours of castle wars? :psyduck:

Runescape is really awful when you look at it as "a game" and pretty decent when you look at it as "a browser game." Most browser games are literally so trash they make runescape look decent by comparison

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Raids and World Event 3 hype page!

RuneScape: World Event 3, Assault on the God of All Pork Chops! (New Spells, Weapons, and 10-Man Raids)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

World event and Myreque quest after summer. So Hype.

:patriot:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I still want a gosh darn Floor 61 quest :mad:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

I still want a gosh darn Floor 61 quest :mad:

you'll never live to see what is on floor 61 :ghost:

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I thought you go there in that newish Zamorak quest?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I thought F61 lost the player poll to the Myreque quest

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pina Coladas posted:

Don't think that was F61 iirc, just some place in Daemonheim.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pina Coladas posted:

That one is just "somewhere deep under Daemonheim".

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Okay, not actually got around to playing it yet.

In other news Jagex said into today's dev Q&A stream that all members are getting another 100 bank spaces for free on June 15th. Also getting two more GE slots soon.

Also I did a bad thing and engaged in some dumb roleplay because I thought a guy was being silly. After only saying two or three things I then said I was off to chop trees. He then followed me to the Elder tree and continued to be super creepy. I logged out without saying anything more as lunch break was over. As soon as I logged back in from home he started messaging me.

Don't Roleplay kids. Not even once.

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 26, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
One of my close irl friends really likes to roleplay and I don't understand how or why she puts up with the creepy ERP attempts people send her :cripes:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Improvements to certain Distractions and Diversions have been released, and the Death Rework is now live with a few changes compared to when I last talked about it.

quote:

D&D Improvements

Distractions and Diversions are short, fun activities designed to give you a break from skill training, while offering some unique rewards.

The Ninjas have made a ton of tweaks and fixes to D&Ds this week, so take a good look over the list below:

Bork
Added to the D&D tracker.
Drop improvements – previously unlocked with Varrock armour 4 - have been moved to Varrock armour 3.
Varrock armour 4 now offers a daily teleport to Bork.

Champion's Challenge
XP and stats have been buffed.
The fights can be repeated weekly for an XP reward.
Losing a fight no longer locks the player out from the fight - so there's no need to get a new scroll.
Can be now be completed in EoC or Legacy.
There's a new title - 'Champion of Champions' - for defeating all 15 champions.
The deposit box is now a bank chest.
Scrolls can now be fed to a baby troll.
The lesser demon fight has been tweaked.

Court Cases
Now always rewards a mystery box.
Mystery box rewards have been made more worthwhile.
The XP reward has been changed to a combat XP lamp - Prayer and Summoning included.
A new title is available for those who have completed all cases: 'The Detective'.
It's no longer necessary to complete the tutorial to start receiving cases.

Evil Tree
XP rates have been increased for the top three trees.
Turns into a bonfire post-event, on which kindling can be burned, granting Firemaking XP determined by your level.
Roots go down faster when all four are active.
Roots respawn more slowly when three are active.
Rewards now scale based on Farming/Woodcutting level.
Spirit trees and the D&D Tracker are more specific on where the tree will appear.
The leprechaun's log-banking magic now works instantly, instead of just when the inventory is full.
It's now quicker to check the approximate health of the tree by examining it.

Familiarisation
Now occurs exactly every 2 hours.
The triple charm reward is now given by a consumable ticket, allowing you to choose when to use it. You can only carry one of these at a time.

Fish Flingers
The Barbarian Assault fisherman is now found near Otto's lake, close to the leaping fish spots.
New rewards have been added. Each of these costs 100 tokens:
Tacklebox fish teleport limit reset.
Fish Flingers entry ticket. Note that the cap of 15 is unchanged.
Extra fish caught with each success for 20 minutes. Note that this stacks with benefits from Agility and the shark outfits.

Goblin Flash Mobs
The D&D is now free to play.
Non-degradeable free-to-play level 55 combat gear has been added as rewards:
Gud raider axe.
Gud raider chainbody (power-type).
Gud raider shield.
Resource rewards have been improved.

Phoenix Lair
A new Level 84 familiar has been added:
Has a chance to burn 2 logs at once when using bonfires.
Requires 2 phoenix quills.
Uses the same scroll as the original phoenix.
Invisible +12 Firemaking boost.
Same quest restriction as the original Phoenix familiar.
Reborn mages no longer block movement.
Surge, Barge and Escape are now allowed.
10 quills can be paid to skip to the fight.
The branch harvesting animation no longer causes a delay.
Using unfletched twigs fletches them.
The cave exit's 'Look at' option has been replaced with a 'confirm' box.

Skeletal Horror
The XP reward now scales according to Slayer and Prayer levels.
Reset now occurs at the standard Wednesday weekly reset time.
The skeleton champion scroll and triskelion fragment have been added to drop table.
Always drops an elite clue scroll (as long as you don't already have one).
There's also a new title – the Distracted – for anyone who tries out all D&Ds featured in the D&D Tracker. You can find out which you still need to try via the preview in the Title interface.

quote:

Death Rework

With your help in the beta, we've reworked RuneScape's Death system. There's now more freedom in how you reclaim your items and more leeway when things go wrong, while retaining the risk in your most dangerous adventures.

When you die – as long as you're not in the Wilderness or in a safe area – the following applies:

Items are now stored by Death when you die. He will look after them for 24 hours of in-game time. This persists across log-outs, so disconnects are no longer a danger. You will respawn in his office.
You will be able to claim back your items in exchange for coins, by sacrificing items eligible to be lost for their coin value, or a combination of the two, using a new interface.
Items that would have degraded on death, won't do so if reclaimed from Death's storage, as the penalty is now reflected in the buy-back mechanic.
If you choose not to reclaim items from Death immediately, your gravestone will spawn when you leave his office. Gravestone timers have been reduced, but this will allow you to reclaim items using the degrade-on-death mechanics you're used to.
If you choose to try and get back to your gravestone and don't make it, Death will still be holding your items.
You can return to Death within 24 hour in-game hours if you wish to claim some of your items back later. Be aware, though, that dying again will wipe the stored items – only the items and equipment you were carrying during your most recent death are stored.
Note that existing mechanics for items kept on death still apply. This includes extra items kept with prayers, divination items, and similar effects, including reductions for being skulled or being in a dangerous area.
Items you were holding when you died can no longer be picked up by other players.
In the Wilderness, or in safe areas, none of the above applies. Death mechanics in PvP situations are the same as they've always been, with the exception that a stack of items is now treated as a single item for purposes of item protection.

Other, smaller tweaks are:

You can now choose any gravestone appearance that you have unlocked. You will always get the benefits of the best one available to you, regardless of the chosen look.
Graves are now allowed in the Corporeal Beast's lair.

I originally wrote a thing about the death rework in this post, though it was in beta and I don't know how accurate it is now.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

God bless the Ninja team.

Even more Ninja fixes from today's patch notes:

quote:

Player-owned house servants will no longer get stuck when following players.

Off-hand blurite swords may now be stored in Keepsake boxes.

Players may now upgrade the machete on their tool belt with gem-bladed machetes.

The Seed dibber icon on the tool belt has been updated to match the recently updated inventory model.

The action bar will no longer be minimised during Ports random events.

Pillars around Morvran have been altered and some blocking removed, allowing players to speak to him without having to run around the outer edge.

Implings can now be caught in Puro Puro with a sheathed butterfly net.

Players can now check their completionist cape and trimmed completionist cape requirements under the 'Heroes' tab, along with a toggle to hide completed requirements.

An off-hand Armadyl crossbow has been added to Commander Zilyana's drop table.

Armadyl crossbows are now level 75 to be consistent with other God Wars weapons.

Stepping stones have been added south of Taverley's bank as a shortcut to the Taverley dungeon.

Bless the gently caress out of them. :allears:

Terces fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 27, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Non-degradeable F2P shield, chainbody and battleaxe, rip berserker and onehanded gravites. At least Gravite 2h is still the best melee weapon.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Terces posted:

God bless the Ninja team.

Even more Ninja fixes from today's patch notes:

Bless the gently caress out of them. :allears:

Off-hand Armadyl crossbow? Quick, get to Zilyana and start raging to make some sweet pubbie gp.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

attn: pizza lady

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

How did you find this picture of me as the pizzasitter?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

125 fur stalls... :shepicide:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/tuska-world-event?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

World Event 3 has started, baby!

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Jagex made a recent post about Runescape Team Changes:

Mod Osborne has been promoted to Lead Designer.
Mod Conor is now Senior Producer.
Mod Dean has left the building - Mod Drew is taking his position as Content Development Manager.
Mod Pips and Mod Mark are taking a backseat from RS and are working on something called Chronicle, "our upcoming RuneScape strategy card game." Looks like Hearthstone imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

Jagex made a recent post about Runescape Team Changes:

Mod Osborne has been promoted to Lead Designer.
Mod Conor is now Senior Producer.
Mod Dean has left the building - Mod Drew is taking his position as Content Development Manager.
Mod Pips and Mod Mark are taking a backseat from RS and are working on something called Chronicle, "our upcoming RuneScape strategy card game." Looks like Hearthstone imo.

It's heartstone except that you can get cards drops from the monsters they represent.