Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The thing that kills me about this game's fantastic modding support is that sooner or later every modded server is going to turn into rooftop campout maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Am I crazy and just super bad at moving my mouse today, or is the sensitivity higher than it used to be? I've never futzed with sensitivity settings at any point myself. I'm expecting it's just me but you never know some days.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seeing way to many lovely medics that either don't heal or are using the armor on spawn poo poo and poison darts, high level ones to and killing Hans with to many medics takes forever.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Section Z posted:

Am I crazy and just super bad at moving my mouse today, or is the sensitivity higher than it used to be? I've never futzed with sensitivity settings at any point myself. I'm expecting it's just me but you never know some days.

Do you have a mouse with a sensitivity selector on it near the mouse wheel. That's fooled me in the past when I've hit it by accident.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gromit posted:

Do you have a mouse with a sensitivity selector on it near the mouse wheel. That's fooled me in the past when I've hit it by accident.

This had occurred to me, but the most likely button for me to hit is the lower sensitivity button, or the one that resets it to my default. I think I'll write it off as today being "No sleep, running on coffee, and good lord this is literally the biggest clusterfuck of a pubbie team I have ever seen, despite this being NORMAL." putting the 'Twitch' into twitch gaming.

I was literally swearing out loud at zeds popping up 30 loving feet into the air over the railing above the downward slope in the big open air intersection on Outpost. Normally I just :sigh:

EDIT: Question, baby. I know this is definitely a low priority. But these vertically poppin zeds are top of my "I get unreasonably irate over this" list in this game. Oh my loving god, why does this bother me so much? :rant:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 26, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Poor vertical pathfinding bugs me because I miss an entire precious shotgun blast and for a split second I feel like 15+ years of FPS gaming have been for nothing.

...which they have, but I don't need in-game reminders.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shumagorath posted:

Poor vertical pathfinding bugs me because I miss an entire precious shotgun blast and for a split second I feel like 15+ years of FPS gaming have been for nothing.

...which they have, but I don't need in-game reminders.

I think more than my missed shots, it's how easily they get over railings (at heights twice as tall as they are), while you can struggle to make it over a waist high railing yourself even if you are right next to the drat thing.

I can only imagine the horror if you didn't clip through certain objects like traffic bollards.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tripwire please keep in the wacky leaping pathfinding to remind me of KF1 tia

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

MadBimber posted:

tripwire please keep in the wacky leaping pathfinding to remind me of KF1 tia

I would be fine with the wacky leaping if they had a windup to the jump. The way they just zoop up things is really distracting and makes for many missed shots when they suddenly are not where they were one frame ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
More than missed shots, what I mind is how enemies completely ignore terrain. Right now vertical distance is worthless, horizontal distance is not.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Killing Floor 2 is the daily deal today for 15% off.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Volter Manor and two classic characters coming out today.

Sounds like Healing Grenades with the armor perk just got nerfed.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I want to believe in my friend the berserker being buffed

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Fina posted:

Sounds like Healing Grenades with the armor perk just got nerfed.

That's fair, the combination was absurdly powerful.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I usually much prefer the sort of balancing that buffs the other classes or enemies in interesting ways instead of crushing whatever the favorite loadout is right now.

If they ever find out how good the AA12 is we're all doomed

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Update should be live! Have fun!

And don't fret, game balance is a big priority for future updates, that medic ability was just straight up bugged.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

I want to believe in my friend the berserker being buffed

Me too.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If they ever find out how good the AA12 is we're all doomed

The AA12 is exactly as good as it should be right now, considering you'll run out of ammo really fast if you use it for anything besides scrakes and fleshpounds or if you don't get help killing those. They're the only class that can do that kind of damage at the moment, all they need to do with the support is make the stupid combat shotgun usable at all

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Volker Manor is ludicrously pretty. :stare:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

The AA12 is exactly as good as it should be right now, considering you'll run out of ammo really fast if you use it for anything besides scrakes and fleshpounds or if you don't get help killing those. They're the only class that can do that kind of damage at the moment, all they need to do with the support is make the stupid combat shotgun usable at all

Yeah if you're magdumping into scrakes and fleshpounds (scrakepounds :v:) you're going to be dropping like a mag per scrakepound and will easily blow through the entirety of the contents of an AA12 in a round on just the scrakepounds. The AA12 is balanced by virtue of having a terrible, terrible ammo count.

I think a weapon that's basically a dedicated boss-killing gun and is ludicrously powerful, but hamstringed for trash-clearing by virtue of ammo capacity is a fine balance. But part of that is that I think Support feels kind of bad :shrug: I dunno if it's because I don't have any perks really leveled much yet, but I'm having much, much better luck getting things done and feeling useful with Commando instead of Support. You can basically just aim a Commando gun at head level, tap M1 a bunch, and strafe left and right a little and headshot a whole crowd of enemies. It just feels so good, and shotguns feel so bad. I'll aim the double barrel at a big crowd of enemies, pull the trigger twice, and go "oh, huh" where I'm expecting a nice HELLYEAH feeling.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 26, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm wondering how well that voice coms select on close instead of mouse click will work out. When you have no choice but to say something if you open the menu instead of being able to change your mind/not randomly spout "I need dosh" because you stopped to shoot something.

Good luck with all the frothing pubbies at the medic grenades with armorer tweak.

Serious Frolicking posted:

More than missed shots, what I mind is how enemies completely ignore terrain. Right now vertical distance is worthless, horizontal distance is not.

That little ledge by the door leading to the mess hall in outpost, that you can jump off down into the ravine is a prime example of this comparison. You jump off the loving building because everything is teleporting up the ledge as tall as you are right into your face. Compounded by teleporting so they can just clown car out of the door to the mess hall and then instantly warp up the ledge.

After you jump, you turn around and take leisurely headshots as they fall through the air. Because enemies falling towards your head from the sky gives you more time to safely fight back than having the high ground be it ledges, ramps, or most of a spiral stairway.

Magres posted:

I dunno if it's because I don't have any perks really leveled much yet, but I'm having much, much better luck getting things done and feeling useful with Commando instead of Support.

The fact you are basically never not shooting with the commando does help keep you engaged. Compared to trying to line up shotgun blasts to take at least more than one trash zed out at once meaning you have moments of extreme :clint: between watching that crowd of 7 zeds you are sprinting towards get whittled down to two, then one or none right as you pull the shotgun trigger but of course everyone loving ignores every stray crawler in existence.

EDIT:

Magres posted:

It's definitely the trouble with cleanup and range. God damnit it is so irritating to try to line up a shot and have half of them die to random spray and pray and then have a steady stream of crawlers walk past your teammates so you can waste shells on killing them one at a time. I also tend to be a "keep my eye on everything and help out everywhere" kind of player, which is not a playstyle Support seems to compliment.

Wingman mindset buddy! :buddy::hf::buddy:

Yeah I don't mind not getting all the sick kills personally (if it's dead, I'm not wasting ammo on it!) even if that means less experience and dosh. But good lord the aversion to shooting crawlers and sirens (even as they throw grenades at a pair of fleshpounds right by them) unless basically forced to a lot of pubbies seem to have.

It's fascinating watching somebody backpedal away from a crawler as it leapfrog attacks them once... twice... a token melee bash... three times... loving FOUR times, but no they gotta keep shooting the clots near me instead over the crawler eviscerating his ballscack over and over.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 26, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Section Z posted:

The fact you are basically never not shooting with the commando does help keep you engaged. Compared to trying to line up shotgun blasts to take at least more than one trash zed out at once meaning you have moments of extreme :clint: between watching that crowd of 7 zeds you are sprinting towards get whittled down to two, then one or none right as you pull the shotgun trigger but of course everyone loving ignores every stray crawler in existence.

It's definitely the trouble with cleanup and range. God damnit it is so irritating to try to line up a shot and have half of them die to random spray and pray and then have a steady stream of crawlers walk past your teammates so you can waste shells on killing them one at a time. I also tend to be a "keep my eye on everything and help out everywhere" kind of player, which is not a playstyle Support seems to compliment.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Magres posted:

Grab the medic pistol when you play support (and everything else)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I do, I'm just lazy about using it because I want XP from using shotguns because I am a bad

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The new map owns and it was our first time beating Hans on Hard.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Questioner86 posted:

Update should be live! Have fun!

And don't fret, game balance is a big priority for future updates, that medic ability was just straight up bugged.

Awww. I'm going to miss being able to heal and armor up whole groups.

Spent the weekend playing community created maps and gotta say that the remake of the original Biotech lab is really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes up. Stuck at work for now but can't wait to get home to try out Manor.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Anyone else having trouble connecting to servers through the matchmaker? I'm getting lost connection messages when I try, though I can connect fine to servers through the browser.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gotta find all of the dosh medallions.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How does one update the dedicated server program? Friend of mine is wanting to get their server up.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Magres posted:

I dunno if it's because I don't have any perks really leveled much yet
I'll aim the double barrel at a big crowd of enemies, pull the trigger twice, and go "oh, huh" where I'm expecting a nice HELLYEAH feeling.

Yeah, you haven't played the class enough. What you're missing is the penetration level up you get. I'm level 10 support and a double barrel WILL clear a hallway of trash at close to medium range. Very useful indoors.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Is there any way to start a map with no enemy spawns? I'd love to just wander around the mansion and sight-see.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
The new map is fun and all, but classic Briar as a playable character is a real quality of life improvement.

Knob off you tosspot!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I want Agent Wilkes Tripwire :argh:

This is such a cool map though!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Require More Fire posted:

Is there any way to start a map with no enemy spawns? I'd love to just wander around the mansion and sight-see.

I was just wondering this myself. I suppose you could also play normal and pretend the last few clots are tour guides if need be.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Capn Beeb posted:

How does one update the dedicated server program? Friend of mine is wanting to get their server up.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29 says "app_update 232130" from within SteamCmd. Make sure he is logging in as anonymous.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DeusExMachinima posted:

Yeah, you haven't played the class enough. What you're missing is the penetration level up you get. I'm level 10 support and a double barrel WILL clear a hallway of trash at close to medium range. Very useful indoors.

This guy is right. Once your penetration gets up there, you can clear entire hallways with even the default shotgun as long as there's no fleshpounds or scrakes in it. Bunched up crawlers and clots are essentially just wheat to be harvested with a well-aimed shotgun blast or two.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

natetimm posted:

This guy is right. Once your penetration gets up there, you can clear entire hallways with even the default shotgun as long as there's no fleshpounds or scrakes in it. Bunched up crawlers and clots are essentially just wheat to be harvested with a well-aimed shotgun blast or two.

Oh god, level Zero support vs Level ONE support all by itself is such a huge difference. Support's shotgun clear gets satisfying sooner rather than later at least. But that first impression can be a real downer.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Section Z posted:

I was just wondering this myself. I suppose you could also play normal and pretend the last few clots are tour guides if need be.

Yeah I just tried this and the game's "LOL TELEPORTING CLOTS" thing makes it a very rushed tour. Still the map looks great and there's some serious storytelling going on in some of the rooms.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Section Z posted:

Oh god, level Zero support vs Level ONE support all by itself is such a huge difference. Support's shotgun clear gets satisfying sooner rather than later at least. But that first impression can be a real downer.

Support is definitely the class that benefits most from those first couple levels. The difference between level 0 and level 4 is just night and day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Require More Fire posted:

Yeah I just tried this and the game's "LOL TELEPORTING CLOTS" thing makes it a very rushed tour. Still the map looks great and there's some serious storytelling going on in some of the rooms.
Open up a solo game, type "enablecheats" into the console, then after you spawn in type "spawnzed clot" then clean up the wave. As long as you don't kill the clot you spawned in (which won't have AI so he just stands there) the wave won't end and you can run around and explore forever.