Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
9.8 is going live on EU tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RanKizama posted:

How can the loving Challenger be so awful after the Firefly was so great? I hate this goddamn thing! Someone help me!

Because its worse then the Firefly in every way that really matters. I played maybe 5 games in it before I stopped, I don't want the Charioteer that bad.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Judging by how people play this game. They should rename it "ant lion simulator"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

kemikalkadet posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1909970?secret=312ed6d0ae528194ecee95d9019072ba
I don't really get on with the M103. I'm not sure why but I can never really get the gun to behave for me and it has probably the worst win rate of any of my tanks. For some reason in this game it tried to make it up to me and just let me pen whatever I wanted to from the edges of render distance. Also props to the t-54 lightweight who did a ridiculously good job of lighting up targets for me, hopefully he was on a LT-15.

I try to play my M103 like a medium with some armor. It can bully if its LFP is covered, if not then people will pen it all loving day with 0 effort. The turret can be trolly, rock your tank to gently caress up tumor snipers.

Gun is very nice, not sure why you are having problems with it, perhaps confirmation bias?

Overall it is a pretty solid tank, the more you play it the better you will understand how to play it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Zephyrine posted:

Judging by how people play this game. They should rename it "ant lion simulator"

I would play Ant Lion Simulator, but this game isn't it. The pubbies are far more disorganized and incompetent than the average colony of ants.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

I try to play my M103 like a medium with some armor. It can bully if its LFP is covered, if not then people will pen it all loving day with 0 effort. The turret can be trolly, rock your tank to gently caress up tumor snipers.

Tumor sniper? Why bother? Most guns will go straight through the front of the turret cheeks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Saint Celestine posted:

Tumor sniper? Why bother? Most guns will go straight through the front of the turret cheeks.

This, the HD remake of the M103 wasn't kind to it. You could always shoot through them before but it seems way easier to pen them now.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Hellsau posted:

I would play Ant Lion Simulator, but this game isn't it. The pubbies are far more disorganized and incompetent than the average colony of ants.

No I meant ant lions. As in those insects that dig a hole and then just sit there for days waiting for an ant to fall into the hole so they can eat it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

No I meant ant lions. As in those insects that dig a hole and then just sit there for days waiting for an ant to fall into the hole so they can eat it.
that thing is a monster

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

This, the HD remake of [every single loving HD remake] wasn't kind to it.

WG why?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Mesadoram posted:

Gun is very nice, not sure why you are having problems with it, perhaps confirmation bias?

Overall it is a pretty solid tank, the more you play it the better you will understand how to play it.

Yeah IS-8 is one of my favourite tanks so I'm fine with fat-medium style heavies. M103 doesn't really have a tumor like the E5 though and people will just pen your fat turret. I don't have the top gun on it yet, just the top turret with the 2nd gun... The top gun looks like it handles a lot nicer.There's no real reason I don't get on with the tank to be honest, I just don't seem to get many great games in it like I do the russians and earlier american heavies.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

What's coming in 9.8? IS-7 buff, domination game mode and across the board pen nerf?

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 26, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

kemikalkadet posted:

across the board pen nerf?

From what I've seen the pen nerf is not in this patch. Can anyone confirm?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/98-overview/
http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/98-updatenotes/

Pen nerfs are 9.9 at the earliest.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
Wins/Battles: 4 (14) (28.6%)
Efficiency/WN8: 934 (38) 1 791 (66)
I knew I didnt deserve a 75% win rate yesterday, but gently caress me I dont deserve this. I cannot do enough before my side has thrown themselves in front enemy guns, run away, or died asap. gently caress my life.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

mikemelbrooks posted:

I knew I didnt deserve a 75% win rate yesterday, but gently caress me I dont deserve this. I cannot do enough before my side has thrown themselves in front enemy guns, run away, or died asap. gently caress my life.

deserve's got nothing to do with it

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I used to hate the M103, I won't say it's good but if you play it like a huge rear end medium it becomes acceptable. I go to where I would as a medium and just accept I'm going to get there slower, it's much better than trying to duke it out with enemies heavies that actually have armor. The top gun is pretty good.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Anybody know if we get to keep the crews that come with the new domination mode like we did with the Chaffee races and winter mode?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I just noticed the stock 90mm on the T49 is the same as the RU-251's, except the Ru gets AP shells while the T49 gets 2 HE shells. I've been doing surprisingly well with the T49 even though I haven't unlocked the 152 yet, it plays like a M41 with a better punch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Yeah this game is close to an ant lion simulator if you've ever watched a team full of pubbies walk one by one into a TD camper as it one shots them all and never gets punished for its fifteen second reload, but if only the pubbies were as hard working and industrious as the common ant they would eventually overcome their opponent through the force of numbers. Alas the pubbies are worse at both life and videogames than ants are.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ants know that when its 10v1 they can all swarm that one and maybe 1 or 2 will die but that 1 will go down too. Ants are smarter than most WoT players.

World of Tanks: Ants are smarter than the Player-base

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 27, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So I've been chatbanned for a couple days. When I tried logging in just now, I get this message:

Dudes who platooned with me Sunday or yesterday - did I do anything even CLOSE to against the rules? Yeah I shot a few a lot at least one teammate every other game, but that has been openly stated to be left up to the automatic TK system and even isn't an option on the reports. Here's what WGA has to say about the in-game reporting system:

World of Tank Reporting System posted:

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Physics abuse (blocking you, pushing you,) revealing allied locations on the map, intentionally committing suicide and other forms of unfair behavior covered in our terms of service fall in this category.

I am positive I didn't do any of that - I never suicide unless it's onto an enemy or teammate or it's funny, I couldn't reveal allied locations since I was chat banned, and I'm almost always the one being blocked/pushed into enemy fire. In fact, I WAS pushed into enemy fire and shot by our RBWT in that one Sand River game. I guess I may have pissed off some WGA dude. Whoops! I guess pissing off between 27 and 29 players in every match I play finally came back to bite me!

Or maybe they consider shooting at enemy tanks to be unfair behavior. Lord knows I've been accused of that enough by bad players. Shooting enemy tanks in the side? Helping my teammates gang up on a lone enemy? Shooting gold ammo? Maybe all those things are bannable now.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Could it be some sort of hosed up backlog only now being acted on? You're taking a ban now for complaints made days or weeks ago? It seems unlikely but if you're sure you did nothing to trigger it in your last session then I don't see what else could be happening.

WG USA seems to be enough of a poo poo show for it to be possible.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's cause you aren't handing out your Type 59 codes

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hellsau posted:

So I've been chatbanned for a couple days. When I tried logging in just now, I get this message:

Dudes who platooned with me Sunday or yesterday - did I do anything even CLOSE to against the rules? Yeah I shot a few a lot at least one teammate every other game, but that has been openly stated to be left up to the automatic TK system and even isn't an option on the reports. Here's what WGA has to say about the in-game reporting system:

I am positive I didn't do any of that - I never suicide unless it's onto an enemy or teammate or it's funny, I couldn't reveal allied locations since I was chat banned, and I'm almost always the one being blocked/pushed into enemy fire. In fact, I WAS pushed into enemy fire and shot by our RBWT in that one Sand River game. I guess I may have pissed off some WGA dude. Whoops! I guess pissing off between 27 and 29 players in every match I play finally came back to bite me!

Or maybe they consider shooting at enemy tanks to be unfair behavior. Lord knows I've been accused of that enough by bad players. Shooting enemy tanks in the side? Helping my teammates gang up on a lone enemy? Shooting gold ammo? Maybe all those things are bannable now.

It certainly shouldn't have been anything you'd done while platooning with me yesterday that got you this :shrug:

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Kneejerk response to AW early access I guess, theres nothing of any real merit in the patch at all

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Azhais posted:

It's cause you aren't handing out your Type 59 codes

It was absolutely French Army and you fuckers in the team battle yesterday that got me banned. It's the double-troll!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Grakkus posted:

Kneejerk response to AW early access I guess, theres nothing of any real merit in the patch at all
Smart move would have been to release a sweet new Tech Tree but I guess some new game mode that you can only play with 3 set tanks will have to do... I'm expecting the novelty on that to wear off real fast.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hellsau posted:

Outside of the sand river game I don't recall anything out of the ordinary...poo poo I think we were all pretty well behaved.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Yeah this game is close to an ant lion simulator if you've ever watched a team full of pubbies walk one by one into a TD camper as it one shots them all and never gets punished for its fifteen second reload, but if only the pubbies were as hard working and industrious as the common ant they would eventually overcome their opponent through the force of numbers. Alas the pubbies are worse at both life and videogames than ants are.

Pubbies can't be antlions. Antlions lack anuses, whereas pubbies are roughly 90% anus.

Edit: Both are 100% full of poo poo though. :downs:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 27, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Outside of the sand river game I don't recall anything out of the ordinary...poo poo I think we were all pretty well behaved.

Was that the one with the dishwater-drinking rhoomba or was that one of the other ones?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go...

Downstown.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, for the Cent 1 I know its got a good gun, the front of the turret is the bounciest part, it's got decent mobility. But I'm not sure if I should generally, say, stay back and support the heavies, stay towards the front, etc. How should I be playing this tank?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

mikemelbrooks posted:

I remember back when I would play right through that fail cascade and wonder what I had to sacrifice to Obama to just break even.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

subhelios posted:

Was that the one with the dishwater-drinking rhoomba or was that one of the other ones?

Yeah the rhm tked chilly after be turned blue for shooting some 40%er

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Nothing but tier VII games for my poor tier V tanks, feels like I'm chum for the sharks...still getting at least some shots in when I shoot gold.

Edit: one thing I have noticed is tanks that rely on speed and carry a high-pen gun do way better than tanks like my KV-1 at higher tiers. I do way better in an M4 or T1 Heavy than my KV-1 even when I bring up the rear as cleanup. It's made me go from thinking the KV-1S is inferior to the KV-1 to thinking in higher tiers it is a superior tank. Same for the M4 vs the T-34. The T-34 plows tiers V and VI but is sluggish and has an impotent gun in tier VII.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 27, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

Okay, for the Cent 1 I know its got a good gun, the front of the turret is the bounciest part, it's got decent mobility. But I'm not sure if I should generally, say, stay back and support the heavies, stay towards the front, etc. How should I be playing this tank?

Do not get near things at all with your Cent. You have a frontal ammo rack, and lots of other bad module placement at the front. Stay around mid range, the Cent's gun takes some time to aim in and likes to throw shots if not aimed in. Ideally, find a nice hill somewhere and camp your rear end behind it.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I love the M5A1 Stuart

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

Do not get near things at all with your Cent. You have a frontal ammo rack, and lots of other bad module placement at the front. Stay around mid range, the Cent's gun takes some time to aim in and likes to throw shots if not aimed in. Ideally, find a nice hill somewhere and camp your rear end behind it.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Guys the Lowe is one of the worst tanks I've ever played. I managed to get snapshot and have my turret destroyed twice in consecutive shots tonight while playing it in a stronghold. What the gently caress? And why is the gun poo poo? It says 234 pen, but that can't be - I was bouncing on the favorable side of IS-3 pikes and poo poo!

Oh also it's loving slow as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hellsau posted:

Guys the Lowe is one of the worst tanks I've ever played. I managed to get snapshot and have my turret destroyed twice in consecutive shots tonight while playing it in a stronghold. What the gently caress? And why is the gun poo poo? It says 234 pen, but that can't be - I was bouncing on the favorable side of IS-3 pikes and poo poo!

Oh also it's loving slow as poo poo.
I like to think of it as punishment for all the Wehraboos grinding XP for their E100 crews.