Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
They're only purging characters below untapped potential and have less than 10 Liang, so probably just a million bot accounts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

He only allowed them to use his likeness for Snail in china/US

gpotato has no rights to it

Actually Jet Li was in TV in Wulin too, and he was removed from the new US version too maybe he got fed up with snail I dunno but hes nolonger present in Twilight Village on any version.

Edit:
Grithok was banned from chinese jails https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqqkcRXmjm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT4rDcggXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX-xKlfaBNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LUIRRJocI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNPrk8auZU

I think thats all the videos I remember XD

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 22, 2015

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Also a word of warning for all returning goons:
Stay the hell away from Uzam and Deity, they are looking for guilable cannon fodder, Uzam has been given a p2w account and is being PAID to play and recruit people, since their original tactic of drop tons of money in wushu and make fun of anyone who does not backfired and destroyed what was left of our former allies.

Stay in Goons while you visit and realize it's not worth it or hook up with Eastwind / Renegade wich are leftover Shinoob/VU, or go with what Grithok said, join Rebellion :P
I fought for them during the "merge war" (As they were the only ones representing non p2w BlueDragoners while the mergeserver guilds trashtalked us all), I can invite people back into Goons if you want but
there is literally noone doing anything so all you get is occasional PMs from people thanking you for our old Wiki or asking where all the Goons are and when they will come back ;)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Natalie_Luna posted:

Also a word of warning for all returning goons:
Stay the hell away from Uzam and Deity, they are looking for guilable cannon fodder, Uzam has been given a p2w account and is being PAID to play and recruit people, since their original tactic of drop tons of money in wushu and make fun of anyone who does not backfired and destroyed what was left of our former allies.

Stay in Goons while you visit and realize it's not worth it or hook up with Eastwind / Renegade wich are leftover Shinoob/VU, or go with what Grithok said, join Rebellion :P
I fought for them during the "merge war" (As they were the only ones representing non p2w BlueDragoners while the mergeserver guilds trashtalked us all), I can invite people back into Goons if you want but
there is literally noone doing anything so all you get is occasional PMs from people thanking you for our old Wiki or asking where all the Goons are and when they will come back ;)

Rebellion represents non p2w? In what little of Wushu I played after the merge, before quitting for good, they had some of the highest concentrations of ancient skills and maxed out jianghu inners I'd seen in the game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ponzicar posted:

Rebellion represents non p2w? In what little of Wushu I played after the merge, before quitting for good, they had some of the highest concentrations of ancient skills and maxed out jianghu inners I'd seen in the game.

I'm pretty sure the only people representing non p2w are the bodies on the floor.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

ponzicar posted:

Maybe I misswrote that XD
Yeah they have a big chunk of pay2wins too, but also the few ppl that were left that werent p2w, heck tbh I don't think anyone left that has any sort of pull in the game anymore is not a p2w...
I'm also guilty of putting way too much money into chinagame for my gear dragonclaw and chaotic inner, and I regret every penny much shame.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Here's some Moonlight Blade class videos, don't know if they're the ones Grithok already posted but I quite like the the Tangmen and Umbrella Lady classes.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-05-22/unique_role_playing_experience_of_moonlight_blade_1.shtml

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Sweet now I get to see which is in a playable form first: MB or Crowfall

I'll be over here holding my breath.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbeet posted:

Here's some Moonlight Blade class videos, don't know if they're the ones Grithok already posted but I quite like the the Tangmen and Umbrella Lady classes.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-05-22/unique_role_playing_experience_of_moonlight_blade_1.shtml

broseph, them videos be from 2014

it is now 2015

TYOOL

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Soo I found a fun new mechanic that came with Wushu's Housing

You get this wonderful little tool:

You visit someones house (Anyone's house you do not need any relation (such as blood enemy) to them)

Select Lockpick and you get a minigame, wich works exactly the same as lockpicking in Skyrim

Once you're inside you have these wonderful options what to do with the house you broke into:

Option 1: You spill disgusting water on the floor, this is free, but has a 6 hour cooldown, however the affected also only can remove one spill every 6 hours or has to invite friends to help them clean it up
It decays the houses durability over time as long as the spill is there depending on how many spills there are.

Option 2: for 3 Liang you can drop a fake remove order on the house, wich like the water drops the durability of the house over time until it is removed by the owner wich also costs them unbound money.

Option 3: for another 3 Liang you start huffing puffing and stomping and take down the houses durability by 5 Points, the damage is done over 60 seconds, and has to be fixed with unbound money.

Option 4: Didn't try, 20L for what seems to do no damage? nope.

Getting a house costs 5 Ding , or a whole lot of work farming instances for 2+ Weeks, expanding a house costs 5 Ding every time. if a House looses all durability it and all its content are destroyed.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

stop making me want to play this terrible game again

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's something delightfully chinagame.exe about spilling dirty water in their house and having a little hissyfit

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I found the part where I had people draw goose step but not the american hockey player beating up a china man

http://imgur.com/a/DF227

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

oh god tahnk you

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Good news from Moonlight Blade. In the grand tradition of Wushu, people are already cheesing bosses. Go to 11 minutes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRB4vZEkw2o

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Wow holy poo poo this doesn't look fun at all. I'm still going to play it but it doesn't look fun

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I just really want a game where we can run fort goof retard and go and be needless violent to other players.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Third World Reggin posted:

I found the part where I had people draw goose step but not the american hockey player beating up a china man

http://imgur.com/a/DF227

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
When do I get to hover in the air for twenty minutes while trying to hold 2000 npcs in place? That was the best kind of cheese.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's a beta.

They'll probably fix that by having the boss fight reset at the slightest pathing issues in true chinagame style.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Random person joins group and jumps up and down. Resets boss

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Good news from Moonlight Blade. In the grand tradition of Wushu, people are already cheesing bosses. Go to 11 minutes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRB4vZEkw2o

This is the game for me.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Kylra posted:

It's a beta.

They'll probably fix that by having the boss fight reset at the slightest pathing issues in true chinagame style.

I will only accept this if they add a fast whirlwind that does all of your hit points instantly.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Anyone else playing the moonlight blade beta? We should choose a server for a goon guild

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

Anyone else playing the moonlight blade beta? We should choose a server for a goon guild

Can you descipher their moon runes?

No?

gently caress that poo poo, it was hard enough playing ChinaChinagame when I knew what all the menus said

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

Can you descipher their moon runes?

No?

gently caress that poo poo, it was hard enough playing ChinaChinagame when I knew what all the menus said

yes. i moon rune :poolgirl:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Almond Crunch posted:

It's a closed beta right now right? I don't even know how to get a key out of their site.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

How to sign up for Chinagame^3 Closed Beta (as far as I can tell, anyway)

Closed beta keys for this game are in crazy high demand now. Tencent, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen to give out only a thousand or so keys a day for a game hyped up by millions of people. Unless you find paying 50-60 bucks on Taobao for a key for a game in a language you most likely can't read to be a good idea, you will need to save up points.

http://wuxia.qq.com/act/a20150408getkey/

This link will take you to a whole list of ways you can get your beta key, although most of them require you to buy something, or have already run out of codes. The way most people seem to have gotten their codes is through the main website's promotion, accessible through the button with the gold background. Since I'm certainly not going to pay top bucks for a code, you're not going to either.

http://wuxia.qq.com/cp/a20150316jhmdfs/

1. Log in with a QQ account and check out the buttons below. You need 1500 points to get a code. (Not a translation, merely interpretations/guessing)

2. Once you have enough points from messing around with poorly-translated websites, scroll down to step 2. Step 3 seems to be a roulette that you can spin daily for more points, but that isn't open at the time of this post, so disregard it for now.

3. Registration opens daily at 2:00 PM China time. However, the timer on their website is bugged, and will go off of your system time rather than theirs. They won't let you get a key at any time other than 2:00 PM China time, so you will need to switch your system time to the Chinese time zone (GMT +8) and then refresh the page.

4. Wait around at the specified time (11:00 PM Pacific, 2:00 AM Eastern), click the button once it turns green, and pray to Jet Li you get your key.

Congrats! Enjoy trapping AIs on the tops of braziers and beating the living daylights out of them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Jesus. I'd say I hope their game design practices don't follow from their beta testing practices but I think I know the answer.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
My prediction: It will seem amazing for the first few weeks, then the massive grind and ridiculous pay2win bullshit will become apparent, and the cycle will continue.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Wonder Turbine posted:

How to sign up for Chinagame^3 Closed Beta (as far as I can tell, anyway)

:words:

So I snagged mine today, what server are you on?

Also, all signs point to June 20th as open beta.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Almond Crunch posted:

So I snagged mine today, what server are you on?

Also, all signs point to June 20th as open beta.

I actually don't have a Chinese phone number or anything like that, so I am still sitting at 1000 points or so. And even if I could, it seems that QQ accounts now require a Chinese ID number and valid documentation/photos in order to be able to log in. So I'm not sure if any of us will be able to join until a localized version shows up in three years or so.

How were you able to enter?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wonder Turbine posted:

I actually don't have a Chinese phone number or anything like that, so I am still sitting at 1000 points or so. And even if I could, it seems that QQ accounts now require a Chinese ID number and valid documentation/photos in order to be able to log in. So I'm not sure if any of us will be able to join until a localized version shows up in three years or so.

How were you able to enter?

There's generators online to fake all that info. I used them to get into Wushu's China servers.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Haquer posted:

There's generators online to fake all that info. I used them to get into Wushu's China servers.

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right! I did that for Wushu as well but assumed that Tencent would be able to actually check the number in an official database. Guess not! Thanks.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

:effort:

I'm just gonna wait a few years I guess.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I would guarantee you that it wont be worth the effort. Playing with like 2 people in a game you cant read with bad ping sounds like a real great time.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Can't find a good service to spoof a chinese phone number anyway, and it looks like that's pretty much necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

I would guarantee you that it wont be worth the effort. Playing with like 2 people in a game you cant read with bad ping sounds like a real great time.

We're talking about Moonlight Blade not Wulin

:jerkbag: